Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 17, 2023 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
It's funny how conscious Fitts is now after Rudeus realizes her gender. I'm just glad the two are getting along just as before even after the discovery.

Obviously, this episode/arc dedicated more time on their relationship and development. Kinda interesting to see how far both characters has come since knowing each other. The VA who played Fitts' character did a decent job imo. About time they had a proper reunion.

Sep 17, 2023 8:27 AM

May 2020
Need to give credit where it is due, and that’s for people like Ariel, who unlike a few in this series does have that one thing known as common sense. Liked how she stated enough is enough, and Sylphy should just dump this identity of Fitts for Rudeus at the very least. I MEAN IT WAS GETTING INFURIATING FOR PEOPLE WITH NORMAL FUNCTIONING BRAINS.. so I get Ariel.

Just needed to devise a plan then where the dude will discover his pal, who he was thinking as a boy this whole while is actually an obedient girl. The fabricated story of procuring a flower from deep down into the forest was actually kind of a straight giveaway, but I guess Rudeus decided to believe anyway. They went there, the duo, and the cliche of sudden downpour happened, in freezing winter…

… albeit it was something which Sylphy did on its own. Kind of easy to guess how it’d have gone from there. They went into a cave… put their clothes down… and hooray, dude now knows Fitts is a girl, because yes, anyone would after that lol. AT LAST she revealed her true identity and again… the tradition of this series, they might have sex now.

Good for them, but most importantly good for us that we finally won’t have to suffer with this stupid, sterile and not to mention absolutely unneeded misunderstanding.
Sep 17, 2023 8:28 AM

Oct 2017
The secret's finally out, took Sylphy an entire season but she finally let it out. Now it's fun time heh. Btw Sylphy's quite the pervert herself, thinking about making babies with Rudeus or buying him lolz.

Can't believe this is already ending next week. Can't wait for part 2 with all the greatness. Super hyped to see volume 12 animated.
Sep 17, 2023 8:28 AM

Dec 2021
Took you long enough Rudeus

As Rudeus learned last episode, Fitz was actually a woman. There were signs that touching her body might heal his own ED. Rudeus found hope in Fitz's presence, but struggled with a sense of distance because she was pretending to be a man. Just then, Ariel confronts Sylphiette with a choice: reveal herself to Rudeus or cut ties with him forever. Determined on one last push to jog Rudeus's memory, Fitz invites him on a forest expedition. One thing leads to another, and their both wet and cold, which leads to them having to take their clothes off, but Fitz "can't" which leads to a pretty much one to one recreation of what happened when they were kids. All a part of the plan because it did work, and Rudeus after so long finally, realized that Fitz is Slylphy.

It was interesting to see this episode was in Slylphy's POV mostly, so that was a nice change of pace. Rudeus is still a pervert, yet there's a discernible shift in him, displaying genuine concern and resorting to a falsehood to preserve the notion that "Fitz is a man." The breakdown in communication between Eris and Rudy had a significant impact on him; they should have engaged in more dialogue rather than making assumptions about each other's thoughts. Personally, I find Eris' departure the next morning with just a note a tad too conveniently orchestrated for the plot. It's worth noting that Rudy's affection for Fitz is as genuine as his feelings for Sylphy, indicating that his interest extends beyond mere physical attraction—he truly cares for Fitz as a person (though it's not to say that he doesn't experience desire, which is entirely normal). But for now I'm still team Eris. I hope we see her next cour.

Welp, we're nearing the end, with one episode left, Slylphy and Rudeus reunited, wonder how they'll end it off.

Sep 17, 2023 8:33 AM
Jan 2022
I LOVE THIS ANIME!
Sep 17, 2023 8:35 AM

Jul 2017
When the ending song showed up right after her confession, I was genuinely surprised. That whole scene had me invested and recalling stuff from the books that I did not realize the episode went till the end already. It felt that short. This season has had a lot of callbacks with the first season in some of the scenes/interactions and the biggest one so far was at the cave scene with Rudeus and Sylphie and taking their clothes off in parallel to episode 3 of season 1. Considering what they have been through apart from each other and together during the university, it was good to see this happen. Loved Ariel and Luke supporting Sylphie throughout the process too and giving her the necessary courage she was asking for to take the next step forward with her life and desires. It was a definite showcase episode for Sylphie and I loved it. Even seeing her goofy reactions as to what she wanted to do with Rudy after years of built-up feelings for him were amusing. Ai Kayano was just great in this episode. The buildup paid off well for these moments for sure. Feels like the relationship was earned in a way, with Rudeus genuinely building up feelings for Fitz through their interactions and caring for each other through their library talks and other moments so it felt satisfying to see Sylphie reach this point by the end, even with the cliffhanger. The little awkward touches shown by the two of them throughout were wholesome and very fitting too, reminiscent of the first season for me during their scene in episode 3.

Yeah this episode flew by massively. Can't wait for the finale for this cour next week. This cour has had some slight bumps at the start with the pacing mainly with episode 2 but genuinely have had a great time with it and it's most probably going to be my anime of the year for 2023.
Sep 17, 2023 8:36 AM
May 2022
"By any chance, is your real name Sylphiette" ✍️🔥🔥🔥
Sep 17, 2023 8:37 AM

Feb 2019
Sylphie and Rudeus equally down bad. A match made in heaven lol. Sylphie imagining how many kids Rudeus would want to put in her while laughing nervously had me crying man. She’s innocent and cute.

If your friends don’t gas and support you like Ariel supports Sylphie with the Rudeus situation, get new friends. Ariel’s got the whole situation back in her kingdom to deal with and her main priority right now is making sure her friend who has been loyal to her for years is happy. That’s so real.

Sylphie keeping the storm clouds together as she and Rudeus walked, in order to trick him into setting up camp in the cave, was just as funny as I’d imagined it when reading. They did cut from that scene a bit where Sylphie imagines buying Rudeus in a slave market. They kind of teased it because she goes “buying Rudeus” internally, but in the LN her thoughts were more explicit.

The “please undress me” scene is probably the most original and intimate confession I’ve seen, at least in a very long time. The parallels back to episode 3 of season 1 in which Rudeus undressed Sylphie and learnt that she was a girl, now doing the same and learning that Fitz is his Sylphie is so perfect. One of the many examples of why I love this series. You just don’t usually see this type of attention to detail in a fantasy LN.

Took a lot of courage for Sylphie to go through with this plan and it never would’ve happened without Ariel’s help so shoutout to her for reuniting two lost friends lol.

Bind delivered in this episode big time. Quality and faithfulness to the chapter(s) were immaculate. If you don’t speak Japanese or didn’t pay attention to the episode titles you may have missed the last 2 episodes titles “Kono kimochi” and “anata e tsuetai” combine to mean I want to convey these feelings to you. Just very beautiful. Well done Bind. Only omissions were Rudeus enjoying Sylphie calling his staff thick and playing with it and the aforementioned sex market stuff
Marinate1016Sep 17, 2023 9:49 AM
Sep 17, 2023 8:41 AM

Dec 2019
This episode was PEAK. Their chemistry was so good and the payoff was cathartic af. Loved all of this from start to finish. Ariel and Luke were dope wingwoman/man respectively too to help Sylphie regain her courage like that when she asked for it a couple of times when seeing Rudeus slipping away from her bit by bit.
Sep 17, 2023 8:41 AM

Mar 2021
Wedding bells chiming in the distance.... Sylphy describing her kinks and fetishes were hilarious af!!!
Sep 17, 2023 8:46 AM
Sep 2021
The most awaited confession and reunion happened between rudeus and sylphy was good. The episode was comedic and emotional, overall it was good.
Sep 17, 2023 8:47 AM
Jun 2023
A confession that was so weird and so wholesome, which only a series like Mushoku Tensei can pull off effectively lmao. The callback with taking off clothes in this ep again is bizarre without context for something very serious but considering the parallels with season 1 and how their first bumps with relationship was with nudity basically to Sylphie, it was really cool to see that return but with a wholesome twist to it. Decade in the making for Sylphie to confess her real feelings so must feel like the weight of the world is off her shoulders. So happy for her. Even her fantasies were weird but charming. She fits with Rudy pretty well.
Sep 17, 2023 8:49 AM

Jul 2017
Also found the episode titles of the last few episodes to be pretty cool as the story focuses on the relationship progress with these two.

Ep 10 - These Feelings
Ep 11 - To You
Ep 12 - I Want to Tell You
Sep 17, 2023 8:54 AM

Jul 2017
Rudeus's ED problem is cured just by thinking all about Fitz/Sylphie, but the most important of all, is not to give trouble to her.

Fitz being called out by Princess Ariel to confirm that the he is a she, though she still sees it as a strategy, it feels like Sylphie has been holding herself back for her sake. So, in order to jog his memories, they thought of a plan that would ensure that Rudeus remembers her, and the childhood story holds up the best. But this ultimatum upheld by Ariel, by hook or by crook, it must work. Sylphie pulling Rudeus to one corner, tries her best to lure him into the plan, just him alone and no one else to the assigned forest area to acquire a flower. Sylphie forcing a forest rain, which brings them both to a cave to rest and recuperate.

Rudeus is perceptive that the sequence of events is deliberate, though he remembers the taboo and allows Fitz to undress. The problem with it is that she desires him for the longest time, enough for her to tell him to undress her, even if he already knew that Fitz is a girl. Of course, that raises his memories of his childhood memories of Sylphie, though with the glasses off, he finally remembers her, after the calamity that was the mass transportation.

No more pretenses, the reunion is finally complete.
Sep 17, 2023 8:58 AM

Feb 2021
The scene is finally here.

The part where Sylphie explains what she truly desires to do with Rudeus was so funny.
But I also liked how for a moment, there was a scene where Sylphie had her gloves, then her gloves disappeared, and then they came back again....

Also, in the cave scene in the LN, it highlights how Rudeus noticed Sylphie had the same burn scar in her hand, and that helped him recognize her.
Sep 17, 2023 8:59 AM
Jun 2023
YES!!! THIS EPISODE FINALLY HAPPENED!! I was screaming "LETS GOOOOOOOO!" at the end! So damn glad Rudy and Sylphie were able to connect again as each other! BEST EPISODE OF THE SEASON!
Sep 17, 2023 9:02 AM
Oct 2019
Oh my god FINALLY!!!

I swear that plan was so dumb, I wonder how Rudeus didn't pick up on it. However, it worked out in the end.
Sep 17, 2023 9:04 AM
Apr 2023
OMG IT WAS SOO GOOD
Sep 17, 2023 9:09 AM

Jan 2012
That...took waaaaay longer than it needed to lmao.
Sep 17, 2023 9:11 AM

Feb 2021
5:47 This was translated as "to be with Rudy" but in japanese she said 添い遂げたい (soitogetai) which is a conjugation of 添い遂げる (soitogeru) - "to remain married for life". So she's damn serious about this.

​8:33 I've never laughed this much when watching MT LMAO. This whole scene was so hilarious.

Genuinely didn't expect Sylphie to reveal her identity just yet. Plans like this usually don't work out in anime. I thought it'll happen in part 2.
This was sooo good. I want some romantic moments between them NOW

Next week is the last episode (T_T)

Also a second or 2 cut off at the end again
EmbientSep 17, 2023 9:24 AM

Dec 2019
Reply to animefan8800
That...took waaaaay longer than it needed to lmao.
@animefan8800 I actually think its better this way. Felt like Rudeus got to build proper feelings for Sylphie this way rather than him knowing about Sylphie immediately and then using her more as a convenience to get over his ED due to them knowing each other in the past. Here he fell for Fitz as Fitz, not just for the past. Made this moment feel more earned and special in my opinion
May 2021
SHE FINALLY SAID IT!! finally rudy knows fitz is sylphy. im so glad ariel was finally like "enough is enough. you need to tell rudeus who you are."

i cannot wait for next episode and part 2 of this season. im really looking forward to seeing how rudy and sylphy's relationship with develop going forward now that they're on the same page.
My 2023 candies:
Sep 17, 2023 9:12 AM

Jan 2019
Shed some tears. Thank you author for not making it into a twist :b
Sep 17, 2023 9:16 AM
Feb 2021
awwww very very very cute
Sep 17, 2023 9:17 AM
Jan 2021
Shit was pretty poggers
Sep 17, 2023 9:20 AM
Nov 2019
akhirnya fitz memberitakukan identitas aslinya ke rudeus yaitu Sylphiette
My Candies :
Sep 17, 2023 9:23 AM

Nov 2014
Sylphie fantasizing about bed scene and princess face... priceless.
That plot to make Rudy remember her was way too weird. If she was afraid he doesn't remember her, she could've just started with some leading questions or "lose" some fake documents with her real name on them. Still, I'm happy the truth is finally out.
Sep 17, 2023 9:25 AM
Aug 2020
Lol I knew one of Sylphy’s fondest memories with Rudy was the bathroom scene 😂 The way she described it as well xD
Sep 17, 2023 9:25 AM

Nov 2009
beautiful episode
Sep 17, 2023 9:26 AM
Jul 2020
Soo honest episode and so warm-hearted, I almost cried. Love it ❤️❤️❤️
Sep 17, 2023 9:26 AM
May 2017
peak fiction aoty
Sep 17, 2023 9:27 AM

Mar 2021
Totally not a wish fullfillment anime

Sep 17, 2023 9:28 AM

Jul 2015
Ariel's reactions were the highest point of this episode.
Sep 17, 2023 9:36 AM

Apr 2022
Fitz-senpai finally became Sylph, and she confessed her love to Rudy! Too bad it's the 11th episode and we'll have to wait a bit longer for that arch to continue.
Sep 17, 2023 9:38 AM

Oct 2018
even the princess was getting tired of how long sylphiette was dragging this on xD Feels good that she finally told him.
Sep 17, 2023 9:39 AM
Jul 2023
Very happy to see both of them together again without the façade
Sep 17, 2023 9:39 AM

Mar 2020
It's about time they had their reunion, Ariel's plan played out to absolute perfection...

It's been months and still no real developments between Fitz and Rudeus, and Princess Ariel and Luke were frustrated, understandably so. Ariel came up with a nice plan for Fitz to reveal herself to Rudeus, but not before we got some perspective from Fitz's point of view, and just hearing what she had to say makes me think that Fitz and Rudeus are a match made in heaven. It took a long time to get to this point, and I'm sure all Mushoku fans were anxiously waiting for this moment. Another episode that flew by honestly, and despite the hiccups in the first arc of this season, it has really turned itself around and brought me back to enjoying it once more, and I'm definitely excited to see how this cour comes to an end.
Sep 17, 2023 9:40 AM
Oct 2016
The big reveal has happened! The moment we've all been waiting for since Rudy first meet Fitz, she revealed herself to be Sylphy!! Following that incident at the market and the outburst in the library last episode, Princess Aerial had to come up with some plan to resolve this issue. She had already wanted to win Rudy over to their side and now with him discovering Fitz true nature it line up perfectly. Sylphy telling Aerial about what kind of relationship was very funny, Sylphy just might be more perverted that even Rudy can be. Sylphy at least seems open to the idea of having lots of kids which is a plus. Sylphy also telling both Aerial and Luke how Rudy and her first meet, including the being saved from bullies, the mistaken gender and the forced stripping of clothes. They both seemed very concerned but still helped, the looks on their faces in both those scenes made me laugh so much.

Aerial plan for Sylphy to finally confront Rudy with the truth was brilliant, keeping it simple by just recreating that same incident as before. Having the two of them be alone when it rains, they tale shelter together, then Rudy takes off Sylphy clothes. It's all though out perfectly. There's lots of smaller quiet moment throughout this episode that help sell the tense nature of the plan and of how Sylphy is thinking now that the truth will come out. Rudy doesn't catch on at all to any kind of shenanigans Sylphy could be leading him into. He's going along the whole way not thinking much of anything. Sylphy executed the plan well and it lead to a fantastic result. A very tearful confession as Rudy of course instantly recognized that Fitz was actually Sylphy. She's so glad to finally be truthful with him, it's been a long time coming but all the cards are on the table now.
Sep 17, 2023 9:51 AM
Jul 2015
Rudy asking her name rather than her just telling him is honestly peak. Literally the best way they could have possibly done it.
Sep 17, 2023 9:56 AM
May 2023
sylphy has impregnation fetish 💀
Sep 17, 2023 9:58 AM

Nov 2018
Did they leave out the part where Rudy claps cheeks, or will that be in the next episode (or in the Blur-ray)? My memory is a bit fuzzy, it's been a while since I last read the web novel.

Overall, great episode. It fucking felt like 5 minutes again ffs.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Sep 17, 2023 9:59 AM
Aug 2020
Ai Kayano absolutely killed it with her performance in this episode, that ending moved me to tears. <3
Sep 17, 2023 9:59 AM

Jun 2014
And now FINALLY, Rudy knows the true identity of Fitz. It took a while, but our boy finally figured it out. What a reunion between these two.

Shout out to Ariel for helping Sylphie come up with this plan that led to the big reveal. What a real ass friend.
thebrentinator24Sep 17, 2023 10:09 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 17, 2023 10:00 AM

Sep 2018
That was all very funny and sweet, but how are these episode always over so quickly.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Sep 17, 2023 10:04 AM
Jun 2019
Where did that 20 mins go!? Finally we get what we all been waiting for! I was in my feels at the end of that ep. Such a good moment. When it cut to the credits I was like nooooooooooo already!?
Sep 17, 2023 10:07 AM

Aug 2022
It finally happened! I'm so happy that he finally realized who she is!
Sep 17, 2023 10:08 AM
Aug 2022
I think it's a great episode with a happy ending.
one of my favorite until now and I'm still waiting for more like this, it's a wonderful episode of a masterpiece of an anime.
Sep 17, 2023 10:10 AM
May 2021
Finally omg Slyphie revealed here self. What a great episode. Teared up a bit when she started crying.

The stuff she was saying about wanting kids was Rudy was insane lmaoooo
Sep 17, 2023 10:10 AM
Sep 2023
LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 17, 2023 10:11 AM

May 2015
Jesus, finally. It took way to long.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Who was this blue haired girl from the badigadi ep?

Kitsune_089 - May 5

14 by Bertrammollen »»
May 11, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

453 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

224 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

235 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 10:58 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Giorgosman13 - Aug 27, 2023

193 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.