Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 22, 2023 10:39 PM

May 2015
they made Carmilla's ass so huge, she built like a Pixar mom
Aug 23, 2023 12:40 PM

May 2017
Smudy said:
auroraloose said:

Hmm—the best anime episode. Well it certainly wasn't this one, but I don't think I've ever thought of what would be.
This episode might be called action distraction, though it's not as if the action was boring. As for Moriarty et. al., that they were foreshadowed doesn't mean they can't still be a mess of performative references with little substance. They function as fake symbols of effort—cheese doodles rather than steak.
I personally am somewhat familiar to these historical characters and am really enjoying that they are putting them all together like this. I'm not sure if the writer made it easy for himself not crafting more characters himself but if he pulls it off, i'm content. 

The main trio is very good and have their own nice quirks so that's a plus. 

I like that you're being respectful and eloquent while criticising the show though, i think those are good reads. 

Thanks, I appreciate it. I do try not to be too mean, but sometimes it does help develop the conversation to be outrageous. I also try never to begrudge people their enjoyment—to enjoy a thing is good, and even mindless trash is good for unwinding—but I might argue about the origin or wider context of that enjoyment (hence my beef with the detective genre).
Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est
Aug 23, 2023 11:09 PM
Dec 2017
A fun whodunnit! Can't wait to unravel another episode.
Aug 24, 2023 7:51 PM
Aug 2023
Tension building was so good it was straight fire idk. I love how fail this Holmes is.
Aug 27, 2023 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
So this is what happened before ep.08 which I started watching by accident before XD

"Ohhm Mr. Crowley, did you talk to the dead? Speak with the devil, and then you must pay!!!"
Sep 6, 2023 2:15 AM

May 2009
Fatima's boobs and crossbows were nerfed hard compared to manga
Sep 8, 2023 4:40 AM
Jul 2023
aaah what an episode! The duel at the ending was so much fun to watch! Seems the next episode gonna be more chaos
Sep 11, 2023 11:42 AM

Feb 2018
Well, that certainly took a turn for the worse at the end there...
Looks like its going to be a real hassle trying to get that diamond back, that's if the others that have showed up don't intervene as well, thought it seems they are and then making it even more chaotic.
Sep 20, 2023 6:45 AM

May 2023
Reply to auroraloose
That was a letdown. First, it should've left Holmes at a loss, rather than having him save face figuring out where Lupin was. I was also disappointed in Aya's scheme; a jumpscare? That does almost nothing, other than potentially get her captured. So even in the machinations the show fails.

Tsugaru, Lupin, and sword guy punching each other flying through the air was the best part, I think, and Tsugaru's story was also good. But the episode wasted Aya, who is the center; and now we have to deal with the big rotten mass of references that is Moriarty's crew. It should be obvious that the performative appeal to historical and literary characters is lazy writing. Undead Murder Farce is turning out to be a good idea lazily executed—one that could actually have been interesting but settled for reference popcorn. Well, at least this season has Dark Gathering.
@auroraloose You're trying so hard to be different it's actually funny lmao
Sep 20, 2023 4:55 PM

May 2017
SoulReaper01_ said:
@auroraloose You're trying so hard to be different it's actually funny lmao

Hmm. I assure you that my stance requires so little effort it is practically natural. I eat and shit literary criticism. I agree that I am good at humor though.
Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est
Sep 23, 2023 11:52 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is absolutely crazy and I love it ahah, so many twist and I especially like Aya in the diamond's box xD While we have another group coming to steal the diamond but absolutely killing everyone in the process, while we also have that fight at the Moonlight, oh damn
Sep 29, 2023 9:57 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Solution to the water dilemma: Make another hole and drain the water out of there

Leave it to Holmes to be on top of his game. Didn't take much time at all for Holmes to lay out the thief's plan, but Holmes didn't keep the guy contained.

Now all the events of the past episode come together. She wasn't lost on accident, apparently Lupin isn't as big a fighter as he was previously shown, and everything else.. smooth. This episode has a good dose of action. And Mr. M is getting in on this thief tale too! This is a three pronged fight.. interesting. Carmilla is owning that dress despite being an evil vampire.
Oct 24, 2023 7:14 AM

Apr 2022
This show basically just turned into Fate at this point.

The action is good, but man get back to being a detective thriller, show, you were good at that.
Oct 24, 2023 12:27 PM

May 2021
lot of emphasis on carmilla gyattttt. i love this anime, really keeps you hooked!
Nov 8, 2023 3:59 PM

Feb 2018
The action is so good.. damn Mrs Vampire is looking good ;) Tsugaru fighting with Lupin and the white hair guy for the diamond lol
Nov 14, 2023 5:03 PM
Jan 2018
Carmilla GYATTTTT
Nov 17, 2023 8:53 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, Lupine's good plan to keep the diamond, it's a shame it wasn't perfect. Being a single head has its advantages and finally the professor and his henchmen took action. Sherlock was right, Royce's envoys want to eliminate them and get the diamond
Dec 18, 2023 12:11 AM

Jul 2021
What a ride. It's nonsense but delivered with so much style and creativity at an insane pace. The episode just kept building hype that towards the end of the episode when Shizuku was unwrapping her rifle with the music I was just cackling.

Swept me off my feet, I'm now even more on board with this show.
Dec 31, 2023 9:42 PM

Oct 2019
It seems the site has hit the fan for good. So according to Royce even deformed humans are considered monsters? They're quite a racist band. I hope that Doublefarts brat with the magical crossbows gets wasted soon.

Will Holmes and Aya meet Moriarty first or Shinuchi? Well, we all know they need to defeat their lackeys first.

I hope Shizuku's naginata is made of silver. It looked like it did. As for that oni-hybrid in Moriarty's band does he have arterial disease instead of the venereal one Shinuchi has or did the animators thought the colors matched their hair nicely? 🤔
Jan 10, 9:20 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to perseii
What a ride. It's nonsense but delivered with so much style and creativity at an insane pace. The episode just kept building hype that towards the end of the episode when Shizuku was unwrapping her rifle with the music I was just cackling.

Swept me off my feet, I'm now even more on board with this show.
@perseii

I love the weay Tsuguru just tells stories all the time.
Jan 20, 3:37 AM

Mar 2015
The episode lives up to its name, "Free for all". Action-filled episode unlike previous ones
adbeaverJan 20, 5:25 AM
Jan 23, 9:52 AM

Jun 2020
So all of the people from Moriarty's team has their names from book writers,book characters or serial killer.

I think they can make the character of Aleister crazier thinking of how he was in real life and Carmilla is book character actually and its kind of a lesbian story (Its debatable if you have 'they were roommates' logic I guess) so Im interested if they gonna put this in here somehow

Apr 13, 10:04 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to gawed
easily one of the best episodes of the entire season , this should be voted #1 for this week in the anitrendz polls. an amazing battle royale !
Agree!! It's so good! @gawed
Apr 13, 10:06 AM
Jul 2019
One of the best episodes I've watched in the recent years!! The characters and the plot are <3 Enjoying this series so much!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2023

117 by nikki05 »»
Apr 14, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2023

119 by nikki05 »»
Apr 13, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2023

101 by nikki05 »»
Apr 13, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2023

158 by niookookjo »»
Apr 6, 11:25 PM

» Season two?

Zeekto - Sep 20, 2023

37 by Yuri_Niji »»
Apr 5, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.