Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 7, 2023 2:06 PM

Apr 2019
Am I the only one who doesn't like this character? Does she have any influence on the plot at all? Her presence comes down to sex only. When she appears, almost half of the episode contains sexual scenes. I think there were at least 10 short scenes shown in which she bangs someone. We know she has a cu..., great, but it doesn't add anything and it itself sounds idiotic. And her presence at the university... for what? How? does this woman have any character development and will do something normal in the future?
Jollyne7Aug 7, 2023 2:11 PM
Aug 7, 2023 2:13 PM
Mar 2023
She will have important subplots later in this arc and other arcs
Aug 7, 2023 2:14 PM

Sep 2018
She is my fav character.  Wish more anime had funny thots.  
Aug 7, 2023 2:21 PM

Jun 2023
Mushoku Tensei was never a serious story to begin with. Elinalise just embodies everything vulgar about this show.
Aug 7, 2023 2:26 PM
Oct 2019
My opinion on Elinalise changed a lot after reading the light novels, she’s honestly one of my favorites now. I can’t say if your opinion will also change, but she’s got more going on than meets the eye
Aug 7, 2023 2:34 PM

Jul 2017
I wouldn't say Elinalise is one of my very favorite MT characters but she does turn out to be a really good one by the end, and she does have good subplot moments and like someone else mentioned, there is indeed more to her than purely sex. She has been a part of genuinely great character moments when reading the books, although the anime hasn't reached those parts yet. Although she does have a curse which requires her to have intercourse a lot, it is kind of refreshing seeing that curse only being the sole reason for her for this, she does also enjoy it on her own too even if it is better in the long run for it to be removed somehow.
Aug 7, 2023 2:53 PM
Feb 2021
Unfortunately she just exists for fan service.
Aug 7, 2023 2:55 PM
Jul 2022
Jollyne7 said:
Am I the only one who doesn't like this character? Does she have any influence on the plot at all? Her presence comes down to sex only. When she appears, almost half of the episode contains sexual scenes. I think there were at least 10 short scenes shown in which she bangs someone. We know she has a cu..., great, but it doesn't add anything and it itself sounds idiotic. And her presence at the university... for what? How? does this woman have any character development and will do something normal in the future?

HEY! You better watch it buddy! Elinase is a great wai- character and is one of if not the hotte- best character in Mushoku Tensei. She adds plenty to the story like... and also... and... plus... and on top of that... So you can see how CRUCIAL she is too the story not to mention helping me pleasure myself... because the show is so good obviously... 😏
Aug 7, 2023 2:55 PM
Jul 2022
rohan121 said:

Couldn't have said it better myself...
Aug 7, 2023 2:56 PM
Jul 2022
ChristianGivens said:
My opinion on Elinalise changed a lot after reading the light novels, she’s honestly one of my favorites now. I can’t say if your opinion will also change, but she’s got more going on than meets the eye

Oh my eyes are meeting her alright, and not just her eyes...
Aug 7, 2023 2:58 PM
Oct 2021
She is an important character who undergoes a lot of development throughout the story.  She has a tragic backstory that is similar to the curse of the Superds and the spears.  Though it is not definitively settled, I think she is also a victim of LaPlace, though unintentionally, but you would have to read Old Dragon's Tale to figure it out.  More importantly, she is used as a plot device to distract the reader from important foreshadowing.  When the Checkov's gun goes bang, it increases the emotional shock value while retaining important mysteries.  The more shocking the behavior, the more you can be sure Rifujin Maganote is giving you key information about what the next set of Turning Points will be about.  Pay attention to the episodes where she is the focus.
Aug 7, 2023 3:04 PM
Nov 2022
the sex scenes are pretty annoying tho
Aug 7, 2023 3:21 PM

Aug 2014
FocusIssues said:
She is an important character who undergoes a lot of development throughout the story.  She has a tragic backstory that is similar to the curse of the Superds and the spears.  Though it is not definitively settled, I think she is also a victim of LaPlace, though unintentionally, but you would have to read Old Dragon's Tale to figure it out.  More importantly, she is used as a plot device to distract the reader from important foreshadowing.  When the Checkov's gun goes bang, it increases the emotional shock value while retaining important mysteries.  The more shocking the behavior, the more you can be sure Rifujin Maganote is giving you key information about what the next set of Turning Points will be about.  Pay attention to the episodes where she is the focus.

I think people who think she just exists for the sake of her having sex, should and need to go outside and touch some grass, honestly.
Aug 7, 2023 3:46 PM

Jul 2016
I heard she will have a storyline of her own later on but honestly, I couldn't care less about her character. She was firstly introduced as a one-dimensional thot and that character trait has been the only thing we have seen of her so far, so of course her presence in the show feels more like fanservice than anything else.

And as for her curse... I don't know, man. It sounds dumb, like something you would read/see in any generic fantasy hentai. Would have preferred her to be a descendant of succubus or some shit.
Aug 7, 2023 3:51 PM

Aug 2020
Mushoku Tensei lore be like:

sex and horniness.

Aug 7, 2023 3:53 PM
Mar 2022
Eh, I knew people would bitch about her. If you are still bothered by character like hers then how are you even at season 2 to begin with? There should be tons of things that should make you drop this anime up to this point. Stop being snowflakes and it Mushoku is not for you then just drop it and stop complaining.
Aug 7, 2023 4:00 PM

Feb 2021
There's quite a lot that happens with her later on, including relations to characters that you are not aware about. 
Aug 7, 2023 4:17 PM
Feb 2022
Jollyne7 said:

I am sure your are not the only one but your are one of a little group that is it
I like here she is giving the show more funny time with echi
Aug 7, 2023 4:34 PM

May 2015
If the tourists are this upset about someone like Elinalise, I can't wait until next week when
shows up
Aug 7, 2023 4:37 PM
Mar 2021
i mean its kinda useless to call a character useless before the show is over
Aug 7, 2023 4:40 PM
Jan 2023
She’s pretty annoying this season so far but from the LNs that I’ve read her role improves and is at least somewhat important to a major upcoming story arc.
Aug 7, 2023 4:45 PM
Oct 2021
SouthRzVa said:
I heard she will have a storyline of her own later on but honestly, I couldn't care less about her character. She was firstly introduced as a one-dimensional thot and that character trait has been the only thing we have seen of her so far, so of course her presence in the show feels more like fanservice than anything else.

And as for her curse... I don't know, man. It sounds dumb, like something you would read/see in any generic fantasy hentai. Would have preferred her to be a descendant of succubus or some shit.
She's not but what is the point in discussing it.  Just drop the series, if you are not a troll in the first place.  If you haven't figured it out by now, the story has something to say to people like you but if you haven't figured out how he does it by now then you are just making his point for him.
Aug 7, 2023 4:57 PM

Dec 2019
billybub said:
If the tourists are this upset about someone like Elinalise, I can't wait until next week when
shows up
People get upset for everything, even when the series establishes that characters do improve, grow over time. There's always going to be a toxic, vocal minority that will be cutthroat against the series no matter what.
Aug 8, 2023 12:22 AM

Aug 2022
Ah yes, judging a character when you've only watched less than a third of a series...average anime fan.
Aug 8, 2023 12:51 AM
Nov 2022
Jollyne7 said:

Finally found someone who understands me. I just feel uncomfortable when this character comes up. I don't say I don't like Elinalise it's just that I don't like her banging everyone that appears on screen . ( I'm feeling like I'm reading an NTR,cheating, hentai manga )
Aug 8, 2023 1:19 AM

Apr 2021
As much as i want to give a lot of spoilers, I'll refrain from it
Aug 8, 2023 1:38 AM
Jul 2021
Yeah I agree, it seems she is only there for fanservice purpose but since I am anime only atm, so idk what'll happen next. She makes me kinda uncomfortable watching the episode, whenever she appears. Feels like I am watching some hanime. So far, I am not enjoying this season anyways.
dk107_Aug 8, 2023 1:47 AM
Aug 8, 2023 4:57 AM
Jun 2021
Yes actually she is a great character. She is also a pretty important. And i love the dynamics between her and other characters.

I hate people like you. She's been in 2 god damn episodes brother. And theres something called "character development". I don't know if you heard about it or not.

In this specific case the author first shows the character to the audience from the perspective of a random outsider.

A slut. Thats all.

We only see the surface and it slowly gets more indepth. We see her flaws we see her strength we see her compassion.

Some people see her character as a mean to more fan service.

But the author is just weird like that. They use cliches and very weird predicaments that at first might just sound like cheap and dumb elements from a shitty anime.

You know those characters who are bulit up regurally and than they just slap a shitty one-sided element at the end that ends up defining the character? Or the characters who were built with the shitty element from the start and they have nothing else going on?

Well those elements are still found in Mushoku Tensei a lot. But they are weaved into the characters. Those elements are huge parts of the characters and yet when i think about them completely different things come to my mind. A sort of acceptance if you will.

This is why i fucking love Mushoku Tensei. This idea of acceptance is so well written that it somehow makes the characters much more realistic. Feels like real humans were dropped in to the fantasy world instead of characters being written.

It inbraces the whacky-ness of humanity.

Just think about you and your friends if you have any. They have flaws that from an outside perspective defines their character. The loud one the cheap one the dumb one. And yet when you think about them that's not what you think of first.

An other example for this is one piece. Thats right one piece. Think of sanji for a second. Huge pervert right?

Why do people accept him? For the same reason. The author makes you accept him. Its a part of his character. Its a huge part and yet it doesn't define him.

This is why I put both at num 1. One piece is the absolute best manga and Mushoku Tensei is the absolute best light novel.
Aug 8, 2023 5:11 AM
Jul 2021
She will be in the story till the very end.
Aug 8, 2023 9:17 AM
Oct 2019
As someone who has read the web novel, I’ve never thought of her as a sexually appealing character who is supposed to be for fan service, I’ve always seen her as an emotional support type character. I think it’ll become more clear as the show goes on and as she grows as a person along with and into the community around her, which is my personal favorite aspect of mushoku tensei.
Aug 8, 2023 10:54 AM

Apr 2022
Jollyne7 said:

About the cur...
On that topic, she bangs a lot right? She must have some sons and daughters too, right? I wonder where are they?
IxiaoIAug 8, 2023 11:05 AM
To toxic fans: Atleast wait for an anime season to end before you go on tantrum.
Aug 8, 2023 3:30 PM
Nov 2020
ANTITHE5IS said:
Mushoku Tensei was never a serious story to begin with. Elinalise just embodies everything vulgar about this show.

These baits are getting way too easy to spot
Aug 8, 2023 4:59 PM
Aug 2018
SouthRzVa said:

Actually if you haven’t noticed so far, every character in the story that even remotely affects the plot, has his own personality, backstory and motives that actually make sense as whole. Even Soldat, who’s whole point was to smooth the transition from heartbreak to school arc. He has like one more appearance later in the story, not that it’s any more important. Yet Sol is not an empty 2D character like you see in most of other stories. So please don’t write off Lise as one, because she herself has solid sidestory worthy character that actually makes sense psychologically.
Aug 8, 2023 7:11 PM
Feb 2021
To the anime only people, I'd say let em cook.
Aug 8, 2023 7:28 PM

Jan 2013
We've got a fucking ED storyline as it is, so no, Elinalise isn't a problem. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Aug 8, 2023 7:39 PM

Oct 2015
average anime "fan" or tourist
complaints
ofc op is female
and likes equally problematic shit
Weebs when native isekai series with OP mc but female and not incel: :soyjackwow:
weebs when native isekai series with OP mc but male and incel: :npcangry:
Aug 9, 2023 1:50 AM
Oct 2021
rohan121 said:

nahh you tripping
Aug 9, 2023 1:49 PM

Apr 2019
Navastro said:
Eh, I knew people would bitch about her. If you are still bothered by character like hers then how are you even at season 2 to begin with? There should be tons of things that should make you drop this anime up to this point. Stop being snowflakes and it Mushoku is not for you then just drop it and stop complaining.
I'm bothered that the character doesn't contribute anything so far, and her whole person can be described in the words "addicted to sex", that's it. I hope for some change in the future as people have written
Aug 9, 2023 1:56 PM

Apr 2019
p4Ck4Ge said:
Yes actually she is a great character. She is also a pretty important. And i love the dynamics between her and other characters.

I hate people like you. She's been in 2 god damn episodes brother. And theres something called "character development". I don't know if you heard about it or not.

In this specific case the author first shows the character to the audience from the perspective of a random outsider.

A slut. Thats all.

We only see the surface and it slowly gets more indepth. We see her flaws we see her strength we see her compassion.

But the author is just weird like that. They use cliches and very weird predicaments that at first might just sound like cheap and dumb elements from a shitty anime.

You know those characters who are bulit up regurally and than they just slap a shitty one-sided element at the end that ends up defining the character? Or the characters who were built with the shitty element from the start and they have nothing else going on?

Well those elements are still found in Mushoku Tensei a lot. But they are weaved into the characters. Those elements are huge parts of the characters and yet when i think about them completely different things come to my mind. A sort of acceptance if you will.

This is why i fucking love Mushoku Tensei. This idea of acceptance is so well written that it somehow makes the characters much more realistic. Feels like real humans were dropped in to the fantasy world instead of characters being written.

Just think about you and your friends if you have any. They have flaws that from an outside perspective defines their character. The loud one the cheap one the dumb one. And yet when you think about them that's not what you think of first.

An other example for this is one piece. Thats right one piece. Think of sanji for a second. Huge pervert right?

Why do people accept him? For the same reason. The author makes you accept him. Its a part of his character. Its a huge part and yet it doesn't define him.

This is why I put both at num 1. One piece is the absolute best manga and Mushoku Tensei is the absolute best light novel.
wow, chill. Besides, she's already been in the first season and every time she ends up banging someone, So I think it's fair to expect some useful influence from her.
Aug 9, 2023 7:28 PM

Aug 2020
Flashyy_761 said:
Does it annoy you that you related to Rudeus during those scenes, but you dont have ED and are just a chick repellent? 🥂
Keep scrolling
Aug 9, 2023 8:44 PM
Dec 2014
GTRaijin said:
FocusIssues said:

I think people who think she just exists for the sake of her having sex, should and need to go outside and touch some grass, honestly.
I mean, you could apply that reasoning to the people who think Rudeus having depression and ED is "boring and childish stuff." It's like people are multi-faceted creatures with more than two emotional ranges and any amount of psychological impact can have significant mental and physical repercussions.
RobertsahDHDA said:
Flashyy_761 said:
Does it annoy you that you related to Rudeus during those scenes, but you dont have ED and are just a chick repellent? 🥂
Video reaction because MAL devs make image inserts difficult.
"Thorkell has no resistance to getting kicked in the f-in head. To be honest, neither do I." -Captain Mack

"You've faced many life-and-death situations. But that does not make you an adult. Finding more fallen-out hairs on your pillow, watching your favorite stuffed-bread disappear from the convenience store... the accumulation of those little despairs is what makes a person an adult."-Nanami Kento
Apr 15, 3:53 AM
May 2023
Reply to p4Ck4Ge

A slut. Thats all.

@p4Ck4Ge I actually dropped Mushoku in episode 4. I absolutely loved Season 1 so much I picked up the light novel and read up to volume 3 (my job is heavy duty so it get less time to read manga/comics/light novels or books in general) going into season 2 I only knew up to the part where Rudeus teamed up with Zoldart/Soldart and after that I had no idea what’s going on but I was excited nonetheless. To be honest I think how they gave Elinalise sex scenes and Rudy suffering because of his ED kinda pissed me off and that’s just why I kinda stopped. December I thought I’d continue and I saw that she’s still doing those escapades. I forgot about it completely, I saw part just recently started airing and I want to finish the first part first.

I think I didn’t mind the sex and all but I guess my problem was just dumbfounded from the beginning because what I wanted from her, I never got and probably never will judging from what I’ve read through these comments.

But I think this comment alone encourages me to go at it again and pick up the rest of the LN volumes

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2023

355 by lasodamos »»
Yesterday, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

454 by eddy_spaghetti »»
May 21, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2023

509 by Selltar »»
May 15, 12:12 PM

» Who was this blue haired girl from the badigadi ep?

Kitsune_089 - May 5

14 by Bertrammollen »»
May 11, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

299 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 11:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.