Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 4, 2023 10:29 PM
Dec 2022
I really want to watch Toaradora and I've tried watching the starting episodes but the girl was hitting the mc so much that it was starting to get irritating, I know it was done for comedy and it works if it's for a few times, but she hits him so much and for no apparent reason. The mc doesn't even defend himself, and it is really irritating to watch. 

I want to ask if this gets better and she stops hitting him once she goes through character development.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 4, 2023 10:41 PM
Oct 2021
Yeah she does but bro you literally only watched the first ep 😭
Aug 4, 2023 10:46 PM
Nov 2022
It will getting better and she will hit him in any episode (only not in last).
Aug 4, 2023 10:48 PM
Jul 2018
That's what feminism looks like. Enjoy.
Aug 4, 2023 10:49 PM
Feb 2023
She doesn't stop doing it BUT she does it less and the context is different. The most annoying part to you is what you have already watched.
There's even a momment where Ryuji holds her aginst the door for a couple of seconds but that's drama, it's important and shows Ryuji genuinelly angry for a couple of seconds.
Just keep watching and don't take it seriously. She is less of a spoiled brat moving forward.
Aug 4, 2023 10:49 PM
Dec 2022
txw said:

not really a fan of it ngl
Aug 4, 2023 10:50 PM
Dec 2022
Shroomyumyum said:

well this type of comedy doesn't really fits with me
Aug 4, 2023 10:54 PM

Dec 2021
That's the neat part, you can't
Aug 4, 2023 10:55 PM
May 2023
I completely thought the same thing and almost dropped it until like 5 or 6 episodes and that’s when some real character development starts to happen and it starts to get better
Aug 4, 2023 10:57 PM

Sep 2018
I thought Taiga was a sweetheart, but I guess not everyone thinks that. She grows a lot less violent against Ryuji early on.
Aug 4, 2023 11:08 PM
Sep 2021
you don't

she's an objectively bad person and extremely annoying
Aug 4, 2023 11:10 PM
Aug 2022
I tried watching it a year ago, i got irritated in 1st two episodes then left but 2 months ago I tried to watch it again & endured 1st 2 episodes then everything was ok o Completed the anime
Aug 5, 2023 12:08 AM
Jul 2023
pyshz said:
this anime is dogshit

how dare you this is a masterpiece sure the mc gets hit but its cute cause of the cute girl that’s hitting him
Aug 5, 2023 12:24 AM
Nov 2018
It's been forever. I honestly can't remember a episode where Taiga doesn't get a little bit violent toward someone.
Aug 5, 2023 1:00 AM
Nov 2022
Watched the entire thing first try. When i hear the word gender. I feel absolutely nothing.

Aug 5, 2023 1:12 AM
Oct 2019
MOON_SENSEI said:
Shroomyumyum said:

trope from 2008 are not what trope are today. you set yourself for failure and then come crying. man up a little. trend go and come back it's how it is. you cannot watch an old anime with a modern mindset it's a disservice to the time it was created.
Aug 5, 2023 1:14 AM
Mar 2022
lionleo123 said:
pyshz said:
this anime is dogshit

how dare you this is a masterpiece sure the mc gets hit but its cute cause of the cute girl that’s hitting him

so if it's a cute girl it's cute but if it's an ugly girl she's violent
Aug 5, 2023 1:41 AM
Jul 2023
Anime is very good if you are crazy ass taiga fan but if you are normal then anime is so anoying
Aug 5, 2023 1:52 AM
Jun 2021
@MOON_SENSEI are you facing Tsundere for the first time? O.o
Aug 5, 2023 1:59 AM

Sep 2020
Minori > Taiga. Taiga fans suck your mum!

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Aug 5, 2023 2:12 AM
Dec 2022
Pekyo said:

No, I'm quite used to them. But this girl is more abusive than tsundere
Aug 5, 2023 2:16 AM
Jun 2021
MOON_SENSEI said:
Pekyo said:

@MOON_SENSEI Ohh I now understand, then you must know that the name Taiga actually means Tiger;

Taiga is known as the Pocket Tiger because she is small and aggressive.
She is an aggressive person that’s it, but I promise there is some serious characters development in the story
Aug 5, 2023 2:18 AM
Jun 2021
And Minori is one of the worst characters in the anime world
Aug 5, 2023 2:35 AM
Mar 2022
somehow u might be able to watch it like me

then you will give 5 or 6 rating to it like me

😂 lol

Wake up to reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this accursed world.The longer you live, the more you realize that the only things that truly exist in this reality are merely pain, suffering and futility.Everywhere you look in this world,wherever there is light, there will always be shadows to be found as well.As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will also exist.The selfish intent of wanting to preserve peace, initiates war and hatred is born in order to protect love.
Aug 5, 2023 2:39 AM

Mar 2021
I dropped this 5 times but forced myself to finish it to see why people say it's a masterpiece. She never stops being annoying. Towards the end of the show she tones down I think but just spare yourself the annoyance and skip this chief you aren't missing out on much. The other characters aren't good either in my opinion. I think the only characters I liked were Ryuji's mom and his teacher
_ZangaAug 5, 2023 3:13 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2023 2:40 AM
Dec 2021
MOON_SENSEI said:
Shroomyumyum said:

then why ask if there's a way to watch it?
Aug 5, 2023 2:55 AM
Dec 2022
thisweek said:
MOON_SENSEI said:

then why ask if there's a way to watch it?
Because I wanted to know if it gets better or not
Aug 5, 2023 3:07 AM

Apr 2021
MOON_SENSEI said:
I really want to watch Toaradora and I've tried watching the starting episodes but the girl was hitting the mc so much that it was starting to get irritating, I know it was done for comedy and it works if it's for a few times, but she hits him so much and for no apparent reason. The mc doesn't even defend himself, and it is really irritating to watch. 

I want to ask if this gets better and she stops hitting him once she goes through character development.

The anime explains multiple times …

Ryuuji is a well built, naturally strong, physically tough, and a rugged guy like his father, with a kind, generous, thoughtful, considerate, patient, understanding character.

Taiga is a short, petite, small framed, physically weak, little girl, with a strong, take no BS, brutally honest, short tempered character, and being physical with people, whether hugging her friend Minori or hitting the guys (especially Ryuuji), is how she expresses herself.

This is to help the audience realize that when Taiga is hitting Ryuuji, it is not harming, hurting, or injuring him at all. In fact, I don’t think he ever has any medical problems (bandaids, bandages, casts, etc) from what Taiga does to him.

Because you are not following the story explanation (background, plot, setup) and the character designs, interactions, dialogue, you are missing all the key cues that are supposed to help you understand that it is not a problem at all.

So when you watch this anime next time, don’t worry about it all, don’t get annoyed, don’t feel bad for Ryuuji, don’t hate Taiga, just ignore it, and realize it is just a comedic aspect of the characters’ relationship.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Aug 5, 2023 3:10 AM
Jun 2021
ejleon said:
MOON_SENSEI said:

The anime explains multiple times …

Ryuuji is a well built, naturally strong, physically tough, and a rugged guy like his father, with a kind, generous, thoughtful, considerate, patient, understanding character.

Taiga is a short, petite, small framed, physically weak, little girl, with a strong, take no BS, brutally honest, short tempered character, and being physical with people, whether hugging her friend Minori or hitting the guys (especially Ryuuji), is how she expresses herself.

This is to help the audience realize that when Taiga is hitting Ryuuji, it is not harming, hurting, or injuring him at all. In fact, I don’t think he ever has any medical problems (bandaids, bandages, casts, etc) from what Taiga does to him.

Because you are not following the story explanation (background, plot, setup) and the character designs, interactions, dialogue, you are missing all the key cues that are supposed to help you understand that it is not a problem at all.

So when you watch this anime next time, don’t worry about it all, don’t get annoyed, don’t feel bad for Ryuuji, don’t hate Taiga, just ignore it, and realize it is just a comedic aspect of the characters’ relationship.

You put too much effort for these users (except moon_sensei)

they basically don’t like romance, so they will not get convinced
Aug 5, 2023 3:12 AM
Dec 2022
Pekyo said:
MOON_SENSEI said:

@MOON_SENSEI Ohh I now understand, then you must know that the name Taiga actually means Tiger;

She is an aggressive person that’s it, but I promise there is some serious characters development in the story

Ah i see, so that's how it is
Aug 5, 2023 3:21 AM
Jun 2021
MOON_SENSEI said:
Pekyo said:

Ah i see, so that's how it is

@MOON_SENSEI to me was not a problem dealing with this aggressive characters (she is also hated ad feared at her school because of her behavior)

I think there are different reasons to dislike the show, one example is Minori…
in general I believe characters can be silly at times;

this show is called a Masterpiece for three reasons:
1. it came out in 2008 so it was Amazing and Unique at the time;
2. the development is Great and very deep, it has nothing to do with modern romances;
3. it’s a good story, if you take the raw story out of the anime it’s very good
Aug 5, 2023 3:31 AM
Oct 2020
idk man :0 it's not like you're gonna waste ur time
Aug 5, 2023 3:32 AM
Jul 2023
my girlfriend felt the same at first. I think she said she started getting into it around episode 5. it does get so much better though. I've seen 432 animes and it's my 3rd favorite romance.
Aug 5, 2023 3:53 AM
Mar 2022
Don't get it. If you don't like it then just don't watch it. Why force yourself? Taiga grows as a character throughout the series and you judge the anime by the first episodes, it's not how it works... I see so many dudes getting butthurt over girls hiting guys in anime (Wagnaria for example), it's hilarious.
Aug 5, 2023 3:54 AM

Sep 2016
if it's going to irritate you, don't watch it?

I mean, it's Rom Com where one of the main characters is a Tsundere. she hits him, sure, but it happens less and less as the series goes on. if it's going to ruin it for you, then just don't watch it
Aug 5, 2023 3:54 AM

Jan 2013
You don't. If you're one of those sensitive people who can't stomach a violent tsundere, then I don't see much hope for you. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Aug 5, 2023 3:57 AM
Dec 2022
Navastro said:
Don't get it. If you don't like it then just don't watch it. Why force yourself? Taiga grows as a character throughout the series and you judge the anime by the first episodes, it's not how it works... I see so many dudes getting butthurt over girls hiting guys in anime (Wagnaria for example), it's hilarious.

I'm not judging it just after one episode, I've watched three episodes. Also, it's not like that I don't like the anime, her character was being annoying that's why I asked if it gets better or not because I didn't want my experience to be ruined due to a character.

And I said this before too, I don't have a problem with girls hitting the mc, I've seen it happen in many animes and sometimes it's funny too (Nisekoi for example). It's just that here she does it rather too much to suit my taste
Aug 5, 2023 3:58 AM
Dec 2022
ShiroXfetch said:

I mean, it's Rom Com where one of the main characters is a Tsundere. she hits him, sure, but it happens less and less as the series goes on. if it's going to ruin it for you, then just don't watch it

I just wanted to ask if it gets less or not, why is everyone assuming that I can't digest violence or tsundere 💀
Aug 5, 2023 4:02 AM
Mar 2022
MOON_SENSEI said:
Navastro said:

I'm not judging it just after one episode, I've watched three episodes. Also, it's not like that I don't like the anime, her character was being annoying that's why I asked if it gets better or not because I didn't want my experience to be ruined due to a character.

And I said this before too, I don't have a problem with girls hitting the mc, I've seen it happen in many animes and sometimes it's funny too (Nisekoi for example). It's just that here she does it rather too much to suit my taste

Again, if you are getting irritated, then just don't watch it. Watching an anime should be a pleasure not a chore. It just doesn't suit your taste, simple as that. But if you actually manage to watch the show, you won't regret it, I promise. 😊
Aug 5, 2023 4:42 AM
Dec 2018
dorito_flames said:
lionleo123 said:

so if it's a cute girl it's cute but if it's an ugly girl she's violent

yeah, that's how society works
Aug 5, 2023 4:42 AM
Nov 2020
just hit it raw ㅤㅤㅤ
Aug 5, 2023 4:51 AM

Jan 2013
MOON_SENSEI said:
ShiroXfetch said:

I just wanted to ask if it gets less or not, why is everyone assuming that I can't digest violence or tsundere 💀
That's exactly the impression you're giving off? Hence, why you find yourself so irritated by her actions. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Aug 5, 2023 5:05 AM
Dec 2022
LostSpectre said:
MOON_SENSEI said:

That's exactly the impression you're giving off? Hence, why you find yourself so irritated by her actions. 

Because there's a difference between doing something and overdoing it. It's not like I have a thing against violent tsunderes, but she overdoes the violence part.

The sole reason for this thread was to ask a simple question: will she start doing less violence and get character development?

Many people have already answered that and it seems like she will get better, so I don't get why ppl are getting mad at me for asking such a simple question
Aug 5, 2023 5:13 AM
Sep 2021
MOON_SENSEI said:

Yeah and I wanted ryuji to end up with kawashima because after the after eps she getting glower
Aug 5, 2023 5:15 AM

Jan 2013
MOON_SENSEI said:
LostSpectre said:

Because there's a difference between doing something and overdoing it. It's not like I have a thing against violent tsunderes, but she overdoes the violence part.

The sole reason for this thread was to ask a simple question: will she start doing less violence and get character development?

Many people have already answered that and it seems like she will get better, so I don't get why ppl are getting mad at me for asking such a simple question
It really feels like you do though or you wouldn't need to make a thread because of how much it irritated you. Just saying.

Also, it's a given that she will get less aggressive over time, it's the entire point of a tsundere.
Aug 5, 2023 6:02 AM
Oct 2019
txw said:

No it isn't, and if you think it is, you're ill informed. It's just Taiga being a brat and acting out. She shouldn't be hitting Ryuji at all, but the creator wanted to make her a tSuNdErE 🙄 and an annoying one at that
Aug 5, 2023 6:37 AM
Jun 2021
I would only say, just bare with it. It will be worth it. And apparently, I don't know much but, after many times rewatching ToraDora, I think it has something to do with her psychology and behavior relating to something.. (it will be revealed soon, mostly everyone could relate to that 'something' and its major impact on an individual's personality.)

Additionally, I could also say, you will get to know her better soon. Just don't take every violent thing she does to heart. Let's say, it's anime logic but really irritating and nonsensical if it is in reality.
Aug 5, 2023 6:41 AM
Dec 2021
I don't think this show is for you...
Aug 5, 2023 6:52 AM
Dec 2021
MOON_SENSEI said:

Just keep watching
Aug 5, 2023 6:54 AM
Jan 2015
MOON_SENSEI said:
Shroomyumyum said:

Hahah, sure is nice to finally have some empathy on this website. I don't mind when there's a setup for abuse humor, but I do hate when it's random since I've seen hundreds of anime where "female is angry cause male is annoying" which stretches to either appearance, personality. Or her just directing her attack at a random male, even if he wasn't involved in her situation. Further lengthened with it being a constant catalyst with misunderstanding humor.

That being said, many people here are right. Toradora is an outlier. It starts a bit rough and I agree it makes certain parts irritating to view, and the first episode is pretty obnoxious. The whole story behind it is solid, though. If I had any complaints, from my perspective, Ryuuji should have had a few more moments of standing up to Taiga. But I'd say watch it until the ninth episode. If you still don't like it by then, feel free to drop it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.