Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Aug 3, 2023 12:45 PM

Jun 2019
VMPL said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:
I think this is going to be a little more polarizing than what I initially thought, I can see a lot of people not liking or resonating with the tonal shifts and the sudden change from histrionics to a more touching or serious scene. Sucks to be them though, I guess.

IMO, this show shouldn't be taken too seriously or you're not going to have a good time. I mean, it's whole premise it about living it up large when the world is in peril lol
Yeah, that's the problem with the show, the tone shift doesn't work because it's supposed to be a comedy and not to be taken seriously, but somehow the author included a heavy scene and tried to get you emotional about it.
Series that are unafraid to induce and lean into radical tonal shifts on a dime in a seemingly jarring fashion like tragedy or conflict being punctuated with silly humor, sardonic reflection, and other random happenings and unexpected reactions by people, as happens in the actual world with little to no warning all the time, always feel more real, meaningful, and impactful to me than many series which feel like they are trying too hard to be all one thing and force a more consistent tone throughout which can feel static, stagnant, artificial, and even oppressive. Doing it this way makes it feel more alive to me because it comes across less neat and more anarchic and unpredictable.

Don't get me wrong - I don't want such randomness to invade every series and it could easily detract from rather than augment the whole depending on what a series is trying to do and be, such as, for example, many other more serious series aiming for some dense and focused narrative, but this is upfront about being a darkish comedic fun romp with occasional more serious moments to give some weight to the setting/world or get the audience to self-reflect a bit on some issue, so here randomness and an anything goes attitude just represents freedom. The whole point is that the world is ending, so live! Do whatever, say whatever, act out whatever risk or fantasy with the little time you probably have left and don't worry about putting on a phony polite, mature, or responsible front. If the characters are being true to the selves the author envisioned for them as the world is on fire around them, then that's enough. This should be the absolute last time and situation where the main characters are constrained by being expected to act in a certain way.
WatchTillTandavaAug 3, 2023 1:27 PM
Aug 3, 2023 1:00 PM
Jan 2023
that last scene was wild. sad asf.
Aug 3, 2023 1:12 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
VMPL said:
Farabeuf said:
I think some people here in the comments are taking this series too seriously. This is supposed to be a dark comedy, social commentary about work life in Japan. Not a true survicors story, thats just the framework and context.

RIP for the new characters. That was really brief, I expected them to hang around just a bit longer.

Kenchou is literally a chad. Took him less than an hour to get laid with the curviest flight attendant. And Akira, yeah, he's your typical hervibore self insert. Probably would die a virgin but luckily for him there are few men left. I mean who the hell starts a conversation with a "do you have  a boyfriend?"
No, it' fails as a dark comedy the moment the author tries to mix tragedy in. The only good dark comedy moment of the show was in Ep 2 when the MC met that couple asking for instant ramen cups. Plus, rule 101 of writing any story is not to make your MCs dicks, the MCs in this show are exactly that, they lack empathy and are almost psychopathic. How are you supposed to like them when the first thing they think about after seeing someone who just got close to them die is "Oh, look what I found! A Widescreen TV"
Well, that's like your opinion man...

Seriously now, I think you need to watch some more shows and broaden your taste a little. And there is no such thing as rule 101 of writing a story.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 3, 2023 5:46 PM

Apr 2012
Farabeuf said:
VMPL said:
No, it' fails as a dark comedy the moment the author tries to mix tragedy in. The only good dark comedy moment of the show was in Ep 2 when the MC met that couple asking for instant ramen cups. Plus, rule 101 of writing any story is not to make your MCs dicks, the MCs in this show are exactly that, they lack empathy and are almost psychopathic. How are you supposed to like them when the first thing they think about after seeing someone who just got close to them die is "Oh, look what I found! A Widescreen TV"

Seriously now, I think you need to watch some more shows and broaden your taste a little. And there is no such thing as rule 101 of writing a story.
I laughed when he mentioned the 101 nonsense as some sort of standard.
Well anyways, having the a friend like Kenchou snap him out of any debilitating emotional breakdowns or shield him from potential psychological scaring is huge plus+++ for Akira. If he wasn't around when he met those girls, he would've crumbled to the trauma and probably give in to despair. They're not psychopaths for not showing some sort of emphaty. I can argue that Akira was really affected by the loss of Yukari when it's shown that even when he had the huge TV hooked up and playing his game, he wasn't into it because it was implied that it felt empty to him having achieved one of his goals at the cost of a person's life.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Aug 3, 2023 11:15 PM

Apr 2022
Wow a fart joke, real mature.

And am I really supposed to cry my eyes for characters that died only after having 5 mins of screentime?

This show just keeps getting worse with every episode.
Aug 4, 2023 9:18 AM
Aug 2023
it was nice the graphics is nice
Aug 4, 2023 11:21 AM
Mar 2023
Runasius said:

And am I really supposed to cry my eyes for characters that died only after having 5 mins of screentime?

and one dude was saying this is a deep Anime ๐Ÿคก
MC get cuked every episode
Aug 4, 2023 9:04 PM
Feb 2022
What an emotional rollercoaster of an episode, rest in peace Yukari she was so sweet and a genuinely good person. It honestly sucked that the other characters didn't do much and were kinda here just to cancel off Akira's bucket list wish. Kencho is honestly a dick for banging in the middle of a fucking zombie apocalypse ngl but a bro for getting the TV. Sucked that the office worker dude had to be there and fuck everything up. All around ridiculous 24 minutes.

Aug 4, 2023 9:53 PM

Sep 2015
I hope the situations Akira faces amounts to something... This bucket list is getting boring, as things become pre-determined...
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 4, 2023 10:36 PM

Oct 2009
Boy, did this episode gave me the feels when poor Yukari has to die :( and not gonna lie, I was like: "NOOOOOO!!!". Herself and Akira had some heart-warming conversation before she got bit. R.I.P to all the beautiful flight attendants.

Amazing how this show can mix with comedy, action, fun, goofiness and tragedy and all-in-one and can still feel so effective. 
Aug 4, 2023 11:34 PM

May 2016
Such a shame that girl died but for the series sake we can't have two heroines.
Aug 4, 2023 11:49 PM

Dec 2016
Raizel said:

Why not? I mean, even the ed credits show up that there will be another girl besides Shizuka. Highschool of the dead had 4 heroines (5 if you include the underaged Alice). What's this ridiculous and obscure rule that there can only be one heroine in an action zombie apocalypse series?
Aug 4, 2023 11:59 PM

Dec 2016
Farabeuf said:
VMPL said:

That's like the weakest retort with nothing at hand to make a retort kind of answer. Someone with grounded arguments would've had something to refute against weak writing and apathetic characters.

101 writing rules does exists, otherwise you'd had hackjobs writing fanfic level manga and anime getting as much attention in their works as those who know how to write sympathetic characters for broader audiences.

Someone that falsely claimed that this show isn't a survivor story really doesn't have the optics nor the level head to tell other people to broaden their tastes.
KimurahAug 5, 2023 12:10 AM
Aug 5, 2023 12:06 AM

Apr 2022
Senzoueren said:
Runasius said:

and one dude was saying this is a deep Anime ๐Ÿคก
MC get cuked every episode

The first episode of this show is the best so far. Looks like it’s just gonna be another silly comedy with shonen level antics.
Aug 5, 2023 12:40 AM

Aug 2016
Damn, they got the tv but at what cost? This show can really flip my emotions
Aug 5, 2023 1:39 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wine and dine with flight attendants turned out wrong because of one damn silent ossan smh. Well at least they served their purpose well. Thanks for the fanservice Maki, Reina, and sweet talk for our mc, Yukari. He really needs it to prolong his bucket list of the dead. You all did your best so rest in piece already...

I like how they also establish the behavior of the zombies more here, with the farting woman zombie, firefighter zombie, truck driver zombie, Reika zombie, and then the businessman too that grab all girls first and fast while ignoring Tendou and Kenchou, that must be related to his nasty previous self behaviour if you know what i mean.

At the end, one week without zom100 new episode baby hell yeah!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 5, 2023 2:08 AM

May 2016
Kimurah said:
Raizel said:

Why not? I mean, even the ed credits show up that there will be another girl besides Shizuka. Highschool of the dead had 4 heroines (5 if you include the underaged Alice). What's this ridiculous and obscure rule that there can only be one heroine in an action zombie apocalypse series?
Wouldn't that add the harem tag to it? I don't think the author trying to do that and thats why I said so. 
Aug 5, 2023 2:53 AM
Jun 2023
nice and always funny
Aug 5, 2023 3:57 AM
Jan 2023
A side quest story. It's about a short gathering with 3 flight attendants. While the characters are mainly for the plot, it's still very touching!๐Ÿ˜š80" TV, not bad
Aug 5, 2023 5:16 AM
Feb 2020
Loved this episode, almost as much as the first one. Yukari & Akira's scenes were beautiful
Aug 5, 2023 9:45 AM
Feb 2019
very fun,there were a lot of scenes i laughed hard and felt close with the charachters
Aug 5, 2023 9:45 AM

Apr 2015
Really great episode. That bike jump was hype!
Aug 5, 2023 10:37 AM
Apr 2023
keren lah ini animenya unik dari yang lain
Aug 5, 2023 1:26 PM

May 2015
That farting zombie was highlight xD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 5, 2023 2:58 PM

Apr 2013
F the flight attendants :(

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Aug 5, 2023 3:21 PM
Oct 2020
ShenVampMoment said:
sex turns you into a zombie so stay a virgin for life

Damn then Kencho is not safe.
Aug 5, 2023 4:12 PM
Jun 2020
The scene where Yukari and Akira talk was really emotional
Aug 5, 2023 4:46 PM

Mar 2010
Bro's before hoes, kinda retarded to cry for some rando gals period. The tv was more important.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 5, 2023 6:07 PM
Feb 2022
Well, even if it was only super brief, at least our boy got to spend some time with flight attendants like he wanted to. Such an obscure thing to add to the list, and yet....lmao.
Aug 6, 2023 1:15 AM

Oct 2008
oh man! i also want an 80-inch 8K TV!!! OLED or somthing better than OLED
looks like the three girls are just fodders this ep huh...
5/5.

Aug 6, 2023 3:23 AM
Aug 2023
it goes in a different way like a fantasy i would like to be in
Aug 6, 2023 8:05 AM
Aug 2021
๐Ÿ˜‚ this emoji sums up this episode, like how on earth did they manage to mix comedy and tragedy with a bit of ecchi spice and just when things gets devastating bro gives us a laugh in 8K
Aug 6, 2023 9:16 AM
Apr 2023
nice anime i lovbe it
Aug 6, 2023 1:04 PM

Aug 2020
Ahhh why did those gals have to die like that...? Yukari would be a good supporting character. Oh well... Life in a zombie apocalypse always get tough in unexpected times.

Aug 6, 2023 1:49 PM

Aug 2017
Well that escalated quickly.
What started out as an errand to get a tv then a wine and dine with flight attendants turned into a messy blood bath.
Poor Akira. He was able to get a temporary bond with Yukari. Having her rub his back as comfort when he threw up in the toilet. Doing that nice gesture reminded Yukari of her dream of becoming that flight attendant who did the same to her when she was feeling sick. It was unfortunate to see her get eaten by the zombie.

My man Kencho hit it off with that Maki lady really well to the point that they smash. Too bad that she turned into a zombie in the end.
At least both Kencho and Akira were able to enjoy their time with them briefly. But hey, at least they got the tv.

Aug 6, 2023 7:50 PM
May 2021
Def better than the last episode, especially in terms of simple amusement. But i enjoyed it more for it's visuals than the storyline.
Aug 6, 2023 11:21 PM
Apr 2023
very good, recommended

Aug 7, 2023 9:13 AM

Jul 2022
That's very sad tbh, such a waste of characters also hilarious as well
Aug 7, 2023 10:45 AM

Dec 2019
Feel like the show is going downhill after the first couple ep and peaked early, animation still looks solid but the production issues are slowly creeping up and the story's initial appeal and charm is wearing off with time since you could tell how formulaic and repetitive this is slowly becoming.
Aug 7, 2023 1:53 PM
Apr 2023
nice animation and good story
Aug 7, 2023 8:22 PM
Nov 2019
I couldn't help but cry :(
Aug 8, 2023 12:29 AM
Jan 2023
Depressing, but I liked it
Aug 8, 2023 8:03 AM
Aug 2019
episode 4 was bad.
Aug 8, 2023 10:53 AM
Jul 2022
Waiting For Shizuka again.
Its A Really good anime.
Aug 8, 2023 12:26 PM

Nov 2017
ANTI-RIP his virginity lol
Aug 8, 2023 4:18 PM
Apr 2023
it was rlly good, and quite comedic lmao, the jumping between buildings was cool :)
Aug 8, 2023 4:42 PM
Aug 2023
A lil too raunchy for me
Aug 8, 2023 9:31 PM

May 2019
Oh no main-character, no plot armour for the flight attendents lol
Aug 9, 2023 2:05 AM
Aug 2021
Best episode so far tbh. Kendo rizz is immaculate bro went multiple rounds with a bad b he just met๐Ÿ˜‚. Tendo got shut down and wasted and got his hopes up just to get shut down again๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ. Then once he finally got close to her she just dies like damn๐Ÿ˜…. That old man though is a bastard if he knew he was bit why not just go outside? I seriously don't get why there are people who hide their bite marks. The ending though was plot armour how did they just escape like that๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.
Aug 9, 2023 1:08 PM

Oct 2018
They upped the pacing, that sure made it more pleasing to watch, safe to say this thing will adapt upto chapter 22.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2023

606 by Naotari »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

67 by Trughoul97 »»
May 15, 8:35 AM

Poll: » what do u think about the netorare part? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 18

54 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 8, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

74 by Joey-XD19202 »»
May 2, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2023

272 by Garrett_Dark »»
May 2, 9:04 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.