Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 27, 2023 2:11 AM
Apr 2023
My Favourite arc is Aincrad and Alicization.
Jul 27, 2023 9:49 AM
Jul 2021
for me alicization and phantom bullet peak... I feel aincrad incomplete and not as well written and developed as the later arcs...
Jul 27, 2023 9:57 AM
Apr 2023
Alicization and war of underworld are 2 different arc and both are peak after that comes aincard and the rest are decent but the arc immediately after aincard (not the gun one) was trash as f it sucked so much, soa as a whole was pretty decent.
Jul 27, 2023 10:47 AM

Oct 2020
Somo_bear said:
Alicization and war of underworld are 2 different arc and both are peak after that comes aincard and the rest are decent but the arc immediately after aincard (not the gun one) was trash as f it sucked so much, soa as a whole was pretty decent.

ALICIZATION is a 9 volume single arc, consisting a total of 47eps...... which could've easily extenteded to over 55eps....but that's a diff thing.

Alicization is a single arc, War of Underworld is just the title of the anime, that is divided into 3 parts for convinience by the studio, but falsly put under the "4th season" by NETFLIX.........which will actually be "UNITAL RING", the ongoing arc.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Jul 27, 2023 2:57 PM
Jan 2022
Alicization for sure. Actually had some good side characters in Eugeo and Alice. Not saying that I dislike Asuna or Shino but I don’t really like the way they’re written. Tho tbh Alice ended up joining Kirito’s harem as well. Story wise it was probably not better than s1 and the villains were more uninteresting but I really liked Eugeo and Alice.
Jul 27, 2023 5:26 PM
Jun 2022
alctizion was just the best for me
Jul 28, 2023 12:39 AM

Oct 2020
MohammedQ2003 said:
Alicization for sure. Actually had some good side characters in Eugeo and Alice. Not saying that I dislike Asuna or Shino but I don’t really like the way they’re written. Tho tbh Alice ended up joining Kirito’s harem as well. Story wise it was probably not better than s1 and the villains were more uninteresting but I really liked Eugeo and Alice.

Villains were better in s3 than s1 n s2 ๐Ÿ’€....... tbh s1 n s2 have no villains at all that actually plays their role.

And fyi Alice does not Join Kirito's Harem or anything, Alice joined their guild doesn't mean she is Kirito's Harem, also Alive do not have any romantic feelings for Kirito, she respects him for Saving the people of her World, but he's also a friend of her,, so she does things informally but with respect.....
Jul 28, 2023 12:57 AM
Jul 2023
Every arc is boring and trash
Jul 28, 2023 12:58 AM
Jul 2023
Watch Log horizon
Jul 28, 2023 1:01 AM
Jul 2023
ejleon said:
LimeMakotoBell said:
What's your favourite arc from SAO?

1. Aincrad
  2. Fairy Dance
  3. Phantom Bullet
  4. Mother's Rosario
  5. Alicization

Mine is the Alicization arc, but what about you?

I like all of the arcs.

I like Specials/Ovas (not sure), other side episodes, movies, and also spin-off anime.

I’m going to also watch the second season of GGO.

I know I’ll be hated, but I don’t care ๐Ÿ˜‚

Stopp don't watch that's shit
Jul 28, 2023 5:14 AM
Oct 2021
Alicization > Aincrad > Mother's rosario > Phantom Bullet > Fairy Dance
Jul 28, 2023 10:24 AM
Apr 2018
aincrad all the way
My candies:
Jul 28, 2023 11:01 AM
Feb 2023
4. Is the only one that is well writen and therefore the one that hits emotionally the hardest (even though is a bit predictable)
Jul 28, 2023 11:07 AM
Jul 2023
my favorite arc is aincrad it's were everything begin
Jul 28, 2023 12:30 PM

Apr 2023
The first Arc bc then it still had potential
Jul 28, 2023 1:36 PM
May 2023
The excalibur ๐Ÿคช. No , seriously it’s the aincrad arc !
Jul 28, 2023 3:21 PM

Apr 2021
Jaques123 said:
ejleon said:

I like all of the arcs.

I like Specials/Ovas (not sure), other side episodes, movies, and also spin-off anime.

Sorry, I’m addicted to the series, it is impossible to stop ๐Ÿ˜‚
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 29, 2023 12:46 AM
Mar 2022
Alicization ≥ Aincrad > Ordinal Scale > Mother's Rosario > Phantom Bullet > Fairy Dance > Gun Gale Online ≥ Caliber
EP1C_G4YM3RJul 29, 2023 12:54 AM
Jul 29, 2023 12:52 AM
Mar 2022
Jaques123 said:
ejleon said:

I like all of the arcs.

If the only things you have to say are negative and judgmental then keep it to yourself. This thread is for people who actually enjoyed the show, you have no reason to post here. Stop knocking on people’s tastes, it’s ok to recommend a show you personally think is better, but it’s all preference.
Jul 29, 2023 1:00 AM
Mar 2022
fenris_demiurgos said:
I don t like any arc dat much tbh ..

The fact that you were able to state that you don’t like the show in a nonjudgmental way is commendable, which it shouldn’t have to be, but there are way too many people that judge for no reason, so good job for not being a jerk.
Jul 29, 2023 7:19 AM
Oct 2021
I think most of us can agree fairy dance is the worst, right?
Jul 29, 2023 9:08 AM
Apr 2023
its either aincrad or alicization for me
Jul 29, 2023 2:08 PM
Mar 2022
I'll just rank them so some of you can hate on me for my least favorite
1. Alicization
2. Aincrad
3. Phantom Bullet
4. Fairy Dance
5. Mother Rosario
Jul 29, 2023 5:22 PM
Sep 2018
aincrad! progressives make it even better
Jul 29, 2023 7:00 PM
Jan 2022
Anayan_Kashyap said:
MohammedQ2003 said:

Villains were better in s3 than s1 n s2 ๐Ÿ’€....... tbh s1 n s2 have no villains at all that actually plays their role.

And fyi Alice does not Join Kirito's Harem or anything, Alice joined their guild doesn't mean she is Kirito's Harem, also Alive do not have any romantic feelings for Kirito, she respects him for Saving the people of her World, but he's also a friend of her,, so she does things informally but with respect.....
I'm pretty sure she had a thing for him beyond respect, she was having an argument with Asuna about who spent more time with him, I don't think you can say that's just her respect for him. Tbh i don't remember the villains from the show enough to care about them but Kayaba Akihiko seemed more relevant than gabriel miller and the rest i don't remember. 
Jul 29, 2023 8:53 PM

Oct 2020
MohammedQ2003 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

I'm pretty sure she had a thing for him beyond respect, she was having an argument with Asuna about who spent more time with him, I don't think you can say that's just her respect for him. Tbh i don't remember the villains from the show enough to care about them but Kayaba Akihiko seemed more relevant than gabriel miller and the rest i don't remember. 

I understand what u mean, not gonna blame u. Cause the anime tried to show it that way. Can't blame the adaption either but It is what it is.
I'm a light novel reader, and for your information she doesn't have any such feelings for him. There was another motive for her being with Kirito, although both are Comedic at times but that is just a close friendship for them being together during Unital Ring.

Moreover Asuna was an outsider, and she cannot allow her to be with Kirito in any way. Because Outsiders were destroying their world, killing thousands of Knights.
But in the anime, she listened to Bercouli and had to accept that she's Stacia the Goddess of Creation cause she was able to split the world in half. That raised doubt about how Kirito's related to a divine being and curious to know more about him, that's why she allowed Asuna in.
-------
You don't remember is a different thing. I forgot most of the cast of FMA, that i watched almost like 6yrs ago..... but that doesn't mean it has a forgettable past.
Kayaba was a bad villain, he didn't have any Motive, That's the greatest Flaw of Aincrad. Everything was Perfect, he invented something only Billionaires would dream of but he had no motive behind it.
Miller, Quinella, PoH are nice villains with Proper Motive and Pure Evil........they did dirty to everyone. Although Quinella had the potential to be a Really Great villain, if she had got more screentime,, I just believe in the anime, Eiji & PoH are the best written ones, still flawed but still a lot better than Kayaba, Sugo and Also Death gun.
Anayan_KashyapJul 29, 2023 9:00 PM
Jul 29, 2023 10:13 PM
Jul 2023
the first one is the only watchable. this one and the arc with gun
Jul 30, 2023 6:33 PM
Jan 2022
Anayan_Kashyap said:
MohammedQ2003 said:

I understand what u mean, not gonna blame u. Cause the anime tried to show it that way. Can't blame the adaption either but It is what it is.
I'm a light novel reader, and for your information she doesn't have any such feelings for him. There was another motive for her being with Kirito, although both are Comedic at times but that is just a close friendship for them being together during Unital Ring.

Moreover Asuna was an outsider, and she cannot allow her to be with Kirito in any way. Because Outsiders were destroying their world, killing thousands of Knights.
  But in the anime, she listened to Bercouli and had to accept that she's Stacia the Goddess of Creation cause she was able to split the world in half. That raised doubt about how Kirito's related to a divine being and curious to know more about him, that's why she allowed Asuna in.
-------
You don't remember is a different thing. I forgot most of the cast of FMA, that i watched almost like 6yrs ago..... but that doesn't mean it has a forgettable past.
    Kayaba was a bad villain, he didn't have any Motive, That's the greatest Flaw of Aincrad. Everything was Perfect, he invented something only Billionaires would dream of but he had no motive behind it.
  Miller, Quinella, PoH are nice villains with Proper Motive and Pure Evil........they did dirty to everyone. Although Quinella had the potential to be a Really Great villain, if she had got more screentime,, I just believe in the anime, Eiji & PoH are the best written ones, still flawed but still a lot better than Kayaba, Sugo and Also Death gun.
Do you recommend reading the light novel and are there other arcs after the war of the underworld that have been animated?
Jul 30, 2023 6:37 PM
โ™ก( โ€ขเฅขโ—ก-เฅข)โœงห–ยฐ โ™ก

Dec 2014
Aincrad arc and GGO arc (either with Sinon or LLENN) are my top favorites. The worst is Mother Rosario because it's kinda boring.

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ♥
Jul 31, 2023 3:29 AM

Oct 2020
MohammedQ2003 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

-------
Do you recommend reading the light novel and are there other arcs after the war of the underworld that have been animated?

If you are an SAO fan then you should, I would recommend the Progressive LNs more, because It has minor changes from the beginning which leads to major outcomes. Currently It is covering every floor in detail, and actually explains the whole plot.

But if u r not an SAO fan or just watch it for fun but no interest in knowing what's inside it then I don't Recommend reading the LNs.
------

Yes, The original SAO LNs have currently 27volumes in circulation. ALICIZATION ends at Volume 18

Volume 19 & 20 covers a Minor arc named "MOON CRADLE" which explores "one" of many incidents that happened in 200yrs of Star King & Stacia's rule in the Underworld.

Volume 21 & 23-27----currently ongoing covers another Major Arc & THE MAIN arc after Alicization called "UNITAL RING" which will probably be the 4th season..........

Volume 22 is a Side story volume consisting of a few side stories including One From The MOTHER'S ROSARIO, about how "The Sleeping Knights"- Yuuki's guild came to exist.

Anayan_KashyapJul 31, 2023 3:37 AM
Aug 1, 2023 11:05 AM
Mar 2022
1. Aincrad
2. Alicization (first half)
3. Mother's Rosario
4. Phantom Bullet
5. Fairy Dance
6. Freaking Alicization Second Half
Aug 2, 2023 2:11 PM
Sep 2021
1/2 & 4 I liked. Wasn’t a fan of the fun gale online one, season 1 was the best but they definitely could have made it longer.
Aug 5, 2023 5:38 PM
Nov 2022
1.alicization
2.mother's Rosario
3.aincrad
4.phantom bullet
5.fairy dance
Aug 28, 2023 3:03 PM
Mar 2023
i gave up after the first 2 seasons

eincrad us miles clear of everything else from it I've seen
Aug 28, 2023 3:13 PM

Jul 2021
whatever the first arc was i loved when were in the sao it was when the series was in its prime for me.

Aug 29, 2023 12:40 AM

Oct 2020
guisippi said:
i gave up after the first 2 seasons

eincrad us miles clear of everything else from it I've seen
ya should've tried the 3rd season, it's better than the first 2, it improves.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
Yesterday, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.