Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 16, 2023 1:29 AM

Nov 2011
Ooh, that OP theme song is fire. Very creatively well made imo.

This episode felt like a movie tbh and that scene with Shizuka's character debut looked surreal. Akira seems to be fascinated by her appearance and I don't blame him. Speaking of Shizuka, the episode showed some of her lifestyle. They also picked a decent VA for her role imo and it's how I imagined it from the manga.

Jun 2019
We finally see the aftermath of the Zombie Apocalypse and how our boy is dealing with it. It was nice to see him being cheerful and all. He also met a cute girl at the supermarket who saved his life. But, the beer was worth it. The bikes all belong to him now. LOL. The OST in this show is so fucking good. I love it so much.

Also, loved how prepared Shizuka was. It always helps to be prepared in such situations. Can't help but gotta love Makima-san's voice. A really good episode. Enjoyed it very much. Both the OP and ED were so good.

Dec 2021
Akira is finally free from his hellish work and is living his best life while in this zombie apocalypse, but oh no he's out of beer! 

Hm it seems like other people in his vicinity are still alive didn't except that but anyways, Akira evades zombies to reach the store and runs into our female protagonist, Shizuka! She doesn't seem very found of Akira and steals his bike, but hey at least our boy Akira scored himself a Harley! Also forget his neighbors cause in that short amount of time, they died lol. Also Akira finally starts writing his 100 things he want to do before he dies in this zombie apocalypse! 

Holy shit this opening is a banger KANA-BOON does not disappoint and the visuals are amazing for it as well, I like the vibe of the ED and fits with the ups and downs of Akira's big adventure. Visuals were good as well. 

This show continues to be a blast to watch. It successfully combines zombie horror and it's comedy With its likable protagonist, dynamic animation, and unique blend of genres, this anime has the potential to become a standout series of the season.

Jul 16, 2023 1:30 AM

May 2020
A 9 to 5 job schedule or 8 hours work for five weekdays is kind of fine honestly, until the work hours extend to some meaningless overtimes. And that was indeed something that happened to the dude while working in that company. Though now it’s a thing of the past. 

World is onto its doom, and Akira is living the time of his life lol. But hey to live the lifestyle, you need your supplies. Needless to say, this man ain’t afraid to go out shopping even when the world is in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. I would’ve had the same reaction as his neighbours too lol, but as if that matters to this man. Shopping done, though hey how lucky you’ve to be to meet a super hot chick in sports wear during a fucking zombie apocalypse?? 

That girl was hot as quoted by the dude, and she knows her priorities too.. and she could speak ENGRISH as well. Can’t blame when Akira wanted to befriend her, but as she said he should evaluate what needs to be done and what’s not at this time. Her POV in the second half does show a bit about her character and why she did so with the dude when they met in that supermarket. 

Also, the best thing about the zombie apocalypse? You own every fucking ride on the roads. OP with visuals is a banger and ED sounds good as well. Good follow-thorugh episode.  
Jul 16, 2023 2:23 AM

Oct 2017
The heroine is finally here and she's beautiful. Though she looks quite different from the manga, not that I mind.
MegamiRemJul 16, 2023 4:03 PM
Jul 16, 2023 2:26 AM
Oct 2022
it was pretty good
Jul 16, 2023 2:28 AM

Jun 2019
Great episode.

The 2 MC kinda clash in their values. Guy wants to live spontaneously and the girl wants everything planned and in control.
Jul 16, 2023 2:37 AM

Feb 2021
Nice OP! Seems like every episode there will be clips from the previous one in it.

*WAIFU SPOTTED*
Eyyy she has a folding phone
And she uses so much english terms lol

Daaamn that writing animation!

"I can't contact the main office in L.A. either..." damn so it's worldwide...

Really good ED! So wholesome. Really excited to meet other characters too. They seem really fun.
Jul 16, 2023 2:38 AM

Jun 2021
Akira lacks survival instinct but at least he's having fun. He better fulfill all of those on his bucket list.
The new girl is so organized and productive.
Jul 16, 2023 2:52 AM

Feb 2008
I loved the first episode but was not too fond of the second. I need to read the manga first and see where the story goes before investing in watching the anime because I closed Netflix halfway thru Episode 2, and that's not a good sign for me.
Jul 16, 2023 2:55 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Haha the anime I didn't know I needed. Really good vibes so far, nice episode from the woman's point of view too. I'm really excited.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jul 16, 2023 3:03 AM
Apr 2022
Absolute fire! Great episode
Jul 16, 2023 3:12 AM

Oct 2018
New realistic waifu content, beautiful - fit - productive - analytical mind. 
Jul 16, 2023 3:12 AM

Jun 2019
It’s sad to think that he might not be able to fulfill all his bucket list wishes. But let’s not lose hope for now.
Jul 16, 2023 3:15 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Another great ep. Understandably more tame than the first but still good.

The moment where he was writing in the notebook was beautiful. I loved the music.

I'm not sure if we needed the full replay of that scene from the girl's POV but whatever. It'll be interesting to see these two characters and their opposite ideologies moving forward.
Jul 16, 2023 3:17 AM

Sep 2021
American (karakataro rimitu)
Jul 16, 2023 3:18 AM

Feb 2012
One of the first things he wanted to do was CLEAN HIS ROOM? MC are you insane? I really like the new girl but all I hear is Makima. 
Jul 16, 2023 3:19 AM

Jul 2017
Wasn't as great as the first episode, especially since Episode 1's visuals were near perfect. But for an outsourced episode and hearing the fact that many ADs were on this, it turned out decent. It would be really difficult to follow through exactly like how ep 1 did so it makes sense but held up decently to still look solid enough. Also nice seeing the contrast between Shizuka and Akira, one that is doing whatever it takes to survive and live risk-free while the other is just trying to enjoy life for the next few years and isn't thinking about the future or if he does become one. Liked how they both were noting down on lists whatever their objectives were, Akira's being just really goofy and random in particular but sounds fun in its own right, liked him even thinking about his parents - although that came fairly late in the list to see how they are doing lol. As a follow up episode, this did its job. Not too sure how I would feel about this show when it starts to lose that fresh start, but for now, it's solid.

OP is good, didn't like the reuse of some scenes of Episode 1 since I'm not a fan of openings that have to re-use stuff from the actual anime for their visuals but the rest of it is decent, nice song and colorful visuals as expected for it.
Jul 16, 2023 3:25 AM
Feb 2023
not as great as the first episode
Jul 16, 2023 3:27 AM

Jan 2009
animation quality drop already but still good enough

and looks like they are changing some plots from the manga but i do not mind at all
Jul 16, 2023 3:27 AM

Jan 2018
OP is pretty good. Seems like it could be the type of OP that changes its scenes based on what happens in the anime.

Felt bad about the Kosakas. Kinda wish they were around for a bit longer but I guess that'd make their deaths even worse.

The new girl seems to be another main character or deuteragonist. Based on the ED I guess there are still 2 main characters yet to be introduced. Let's see how it goes.
Jul 16, 2023 3:29 AM

Jan 2011
Well it seems Akira is mroe aware than I thought but my man gotta stop making so much fucking noise. I did love the motorcycle scene but let's hope he gets smarter the more he interacts with other people.

Edit: Also didn't anyone notice the reference to Resident Evil 2 with the truck? I respect it. Now all we needed was a Claire NPC to make it even better.
MasterHavikJul 16, 2023 3:32 AM
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 16, 2023 3:30 AM

Feb 2021
That girl really strong and meticulous :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 16, 2023 3:31 AM

Jan 2011
animejas said:
Wasn't as great as the first episode, especially since Episode 1's visuals were near perfect. But for an outsourced episode and hearing the fact that many ADs were on this, it turned out decent. It would be really difficult to follow through exactly like how ep 1 did so it makes sense but held up decently to still look solid enough. Also nice seeing the contrast between Shizuka and Akira, one that is doing whatever it takes to survive and live risk-free while the other is just trying to enjoy life for the next few years and isn't thinking about the future or if he does become one. Liked how they both were noting down on lists whatever their objectives were, Akira's being just really goofy and random in particular but sounds fun in its own right, liked him even thinking about his parents - although that came fairly late in the list to see how they are doing lol. As a follow up episode, this did its job. Not too sure how I would feel about this show when it starts to lose that fresh start, but for now, it's solid.

OP is good, didn't like the reuse of some scenes of Episode 1 since I'm not a fan of openings that have to re-use stuff from the actual anime for their visuals but the rest of it is decent, nice song and colorful visuals as expected for it.
This actually scares me this episode got outsource. It was still good animation wise but what you just said makes me worried for the rest of the season.
Jul 16, 2023 3:39 AM
Jul 2022
best OP of the season
Jul 16, 2023 3:39 AM

Dec 2020
Why did they slightly changed the plot in Shizuka debute
In manga there was no truck involved and there wasn't any camera attached to her cycle.....more importantly she didn't even had a cycle to begin with
After leaving from the store she stole Akira's cycle and fled lol
Jul 16, 2023 3:41 AM

Aug 2013
MC found his future love? A bit slower paced episode but still good.
Jul 16, 2023 3:42 AM
Jan 2021
Im already intrigued by their dynamic
Jul 16, 2023 3:50 AM

Feb 2016
Boring, the episode started great but the moment the girl became the protagonist it made me feel really sleepy 😴😴😴
StallionXDJul 24, 2023 9:09 PM
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Jul 16, 2023 3:57 AM

Dec 2022
Great and funny episode
Jul 16, 2023 3:58 AM

Aug 2022
He sure does love beer lol.
Jul 16, 2023 4:36 AM
Jul 2022
First two episodes have been entertaining for me. I'm coming in blind without having read the manga or having any knowledge of the series. I'm looking forward to see where it goes.
Jul 16, 2023 4:42 AM

Apr 2022
she does not understand how happy just a little beer can make us, tbf i don't really understand either, but it does. 
as expected, bit toned down from the first episode but it's alright. did not expect shizuka to be voiced by makima's voice actor though.
she kinda bad, not too much but still good enough. solid opening.
i don't recall the truck scene from the manga though and shizuka's perspective of the day was interesting. 
akira has made a list of 30 things to do out of a hundred so far, before becoming a zombie and the writing scene was great with the music. 
Jul 16, 2023 4:51 AM
May 2023
Is this episode Outsourced to studio Shaft
Jul 16, 2023 4:52 AM
Apr 2020
Not sure if the original content was needed we could've had 2 chapters adapted this episode but rather only one chapter plus original content from both of their pov if this keeps up we won't get to see many chapters getting adapted .

The quality is excellent kana boon didn't disappoint either with their op
Jul 16, 2023 5:00 AM
Apr 2022
MasterHavik said:
animejas said:

This actually scares me this episode got outsource. It was still good animation wise but what you just said makes me worried for the rest of the season.
Well its actually been announced that this project is a collaborative work between SHAFT and BUGFILMS so it’s not so much outsourcing as it is something like spy x family or takt op destiny. It’s just a studio collab now. Plus this was definitely a low priority episode and it still looked great which made me very optimistic
Jul 16, 2023 5:00 AM
Jan 2021
This is such an well structured episode and firstly showing the emotional disconflict b/w mc and that girl and at last showing deep down somewhere they both are somehow connected . I thought this will just be an zombie anime but look at this. The animation looks great too . and also the colors in this anime looks fantastic . I feel this some kinda new style . i Like this a lot. Im really looking fwd to this anime .
Jul 16, 2023 5:04 AM

Aug 2017
The perspective from Shizuka view was pretty nice to see and don't mind if we see that more often.

Animation still looks great, of course not as great as first episode but that was expected it wouldn't maintain the quality.
Jul 16, 2023 5:06 AM

Jan 2011
Peenutz said:
MasterHavik said:
Well its actually been announced that this project is a collaborative work between SHAFT and BUGFILMS so it’s not so much outsourcing as it is something like spy x family or takt op destiny. It’s just a studio collab now. Plus this was definitely a low priority episode and it still looked great which made me very optimistic
Ah okay. I do have fear though as the last big joint project I watched, Darling in the Franxx, was an up and down mess of a show that could have been more.

Mar 2020
In a world of impending doom, what would you want to do, make plans to survive, or just go out and risk it all for a beer?

As a follow up episode to the insanely action filled, colorful first episode, this one worked well to get us acclimated to the zombie filled environment, as well as the contrasting mindsets of Akira and Shizuka. While Akira's mindset in this zombie apocalypse is carpe diem, Shizuka's mindset is to live a very organized life. That sort of reflects the contrasting mindsets people have in real life, to live in the present, or to meticulously plan for the future. These types of people coexist in the real world, and they also coexist in this setting too. There is no one way to live, and both ways have their own merits, so I'm interested to see how this anime tries to depict this idea.

As far as the outsourcing goes and the effect it had on the production, the episode still looked good despite not being as striking as the first. The producer, Hiroaki Kojima, is known to outsource a lot of episodes, and he did so with shows like Komi-san and Summertime Render, the latter of which generally looked good despite the outsourcing. To me, that's not the concern, but there are still some questions if this story can keep the ball rolling and keep delivering past its initial highs. We can only hope it can, and for now, I'm optimistic about it.
Sep 2015
I know it can't top the first episode, but this is still such a nice follow-up an world building.
Jul 16, 2023 5:08 AM

Oct 2020
Shizuka girl is cute and sexy.
Jul 16, 2023 5:21 AM
Apr 2022
MasterHavik said:
Peenutz said:
Ah okay. I do have fear though as the last big joint project I watched, Darling in the Franxx, was an up and down mess of a show that could have been more.
Well to be fair, the visuals were quite good throughout. The story was more to blame for how that one went down lmao
Jul 16, 2023 5:30 AM
Jul 2015
I don't care how they changed the store scene, but why did Shizuka go up 3 cup sizes from the manga?
Jul 16, 2023 5:45 AM

May 2017
Dickegrobe said:
I don't care how they changed the store scene, but why did Shizuka go up 3 cup sizes from the manga?

Because why not lol
81982062_p0
Jul 16, 2023 5:51 AM
May 2021
IzanaSolos said:
Akira is finally free from his hellish work and is living his best life while in this zombie apocalypse, but oh no he's out of beer! 

Hm it seems like other people in his vicinity are still alive didn't except that but anyways, Akira evades zombies to reach the store and runs into our female protagonist, Shizuka! She doesn't seem very found of Akira and steals his bike, but hey at least our boy Akira scored himself a Harley! Also forget his neighbors cause in that short amount of time, they died lol. Also Akira finally starts writing his 100 things he want to do before he dies in this zombie apocalypse! 

Holy shit this opening is a banger KANA-BOON does not disappoint and the visuals are amazing for it as well, I like the vibe of the ED and fits with the ups and downs of Akira's big adventure. Visuals were good as well. 

This show continues to be a blast to watch. It successfully combines zombie horror and it's comedy With its likable protagonist, dynamic animation, and unique blend of genres, this anime has the potential to become a standout series of the season.

minor spoiler ahead haha

the neighbours didn't die.
Jul 16, 2023 5:56 AM
Apr 2022
what's the name of the soundtrack that starts at 4:55~?
Jul 16, 2023 6:02 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
So what do you value more? Surviving or risking it for the biscuit? Here we see both takes with our main cast of Tendo and Shizuka and jsut as they met you can see the impact they had on each other with their views. Tendo now has his list of everything he wants to do before sying while she values more staying safe with her analysis of the situation although there might be some doubt there. Good opening and ending sequences as well but they are not quite my favorite of this season, not yet at least.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jul 16, 2023 6:04 AM
Jul 2023
I feel like this episode lags behind the first episode.
Jul 16, 2023 6:04 AM

Mar 2016
A very nice episode, of course, not as hype as the first episode, but very good stuff. That opening was superb, I like that they're recapping every week, makes me think other anime should do it as well.
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

67 by Trughoul97 »»
Yesterday, 8:35 AM

Poll: » what do u think about the netorare part? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 18

54 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 8, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

74 by Joey-XD19202 »»
May 2, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2023

272 by Garrett_Dark »»
May 2, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2023

310 by Garrett_Dark »»
May 2, 8:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.