Jul 3, 2023 1:24 PM
Mar 2021
from start to the Fade/strange Fake
Jul 3, 2023 1:26 PM

Jan 2017
Fabian_qq said:

Here , you should have a good overview :

Edit : For those interested , i keep it updated in my Blogs : https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=827694
Alexioos95Jul 3, 2023 2:26 PM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jul 3, 2023 1:31 PM

Nov 2021
2006 - UBW - HF - ZERO

After the main route, start and watch anything you like.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jul 3, 2023 1:31 PM
Nov 2019
craze idea but listen . . . release order!!!

(if you want it spelled out) zero then stay nights in whatever order and after that it litrally doesn't matter. untill hollow ataraxia gets an adaptation that is.
Jul 3, 2023 1:44 PM

Jan 2021
Fate/Zero
Fate/Stay Night
Fate/Unlimited Blade Works 
Fate/Heaven Feel

That's the main story, start with anything but Heaven Feel. Heaven Feel is like the finale of the main series and Zero is a prequel so work out how you might want to watch that. UBW or Stay Night is a good starting place. 

For side story, you can go in any order but I'd go Fate/Apocrypha - Fate/Grand Order (First Order, Camelot Movies, Babylonia and then Solomon), Fate/Extra and Fate/Prototype. 

But side stories can be watched in any order, so Strange Fake can be watched first, then you could watch Grand Order whatever rocks you're boat. 

Then there's some parody series, watch those in any order, I've not watched them yet 
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Jul 3, 2023 1:45 PM
Apr 2018
I know that it doesn't really include the main storyline, but Lord El-Meloi series is actually also partially important to the story after Fate/Zero, and then it comes to Fate/Fake. At least I saw them all, and this made pretty much sense. Fate/Apocrypha is definitely off the Fate storyline, but there was also a little hint to the Fate/Zero story.

The rest is as written by mates above here. Enjoy!
Jul 3, 2023 2:13 PM

Sep 2016
Alexioos95 said:
Fabian_qq said:

this is so useful tysm for doing it! ^^
Jul 3, 2023 2:36 PM
Mar 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Fabian_qq said:

Edit : For those interested , i keep it updated in my Blogs : https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=827694

Just out of curiosity, I’ve steered away from the deen adaptation, is the TV reproduction better? I had no idea it existed until now.
Jul 3, 2023 2:42 PM

Jan 2017
HYPIXS said:
Just out of curiosity, I’ve steered away from the deen adaptation, is the TV reproduction better?

Hahaha...

Actually , it's just the Deen TV , but with inexplicably huge cuts made everywhere.
If you struggle too much with it , i'd definitely suggest you to check the Visual Novel instead.
If you really don't want to touch it , then yeah , i guess those recaps could be a quick alternative...
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Jul 3, 2023 3:12 PM
Dec 2022
its basically what the first guy said, you can watch the spin offs in any order you like
Jul 3, 2023 6:46 PM
Mar 2021
Fabian_qq said:

go find in other forum,its 2023 and still same question
Jul 3, 2023 8:05 PM
Oct 2020
Just watch the gigguk video.
Jul 3, 2023 8:51 PM

Jan 2021
InvaderFred said:
i would not even reccomend my worst enemy anything that gigguk did for the fate series
Read the visual novel nerd
Jul 4, 2023 4:12 AM

Mar 2020
InvaderFred said:
No. That's a meme video made to poke fun at how "complicated" (it's not if you stick to the source material) it is to get into Fate. As far as I remember, Gigguk not only never gives any sort of instructions of how to get into Fate but even makes a joke out of the way you're supposed to get into it - ie: reading the visual novel.

Jul 4, 2023 5:11 AM
Oct 2021
The only order is reading the visual novel but I don't even think you have to since fate stay night and strange fake are not even related.
Jul 4, 2023 5:50 AM
Mar 2022
Alexioos95 said:
Fabian_qq said:

Can I follow this order ?
Fate stay night S1 and S2 ( 2013 and 2014 )
fate zero S1 and S2
fate three movies
Jul 4, 2023 5:53 AM

Jan 2017
Avnesh_Jain___ said:
Can I follow this order ?
Fate stay night S1 and S2 ( 2013 and 2014 )
fate zero S1 and S2
fate three movies

Well , yes...

You'll entirely miss out the development of Saber tho. (Also the 2 Seasons of Unlimited Blade Works are from 2014/15 , not 13/14.)
And Zero between Unlimited Blade Works and the 3 Movies is a little bit stupid. Watch it first or last , it have nothing to do in between.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Jul 4, 2023 6:56 AM

Mar 2020
YamsMuncher said:
The only order is reading the visual novel but I don't even think you have to since fate stay night and strange fake are not even related.
Yes they are. They're both a part of the same series, of course they're related.

Jul 4, 2023 1:21 PM

Feb 2018
Alexioos95 said:

Fate/Zero is considered by many as the best series of the entire franchise.
However, being a prequel, it expect you to be already familiar with the lore, and to know the outcome of it.
You can watch it first, but the info dump can be rough, the serie will spoil most twists of the three Stay Night series, and it also have a different tone.
The Author of Zero, Gen Urobuchi himself, suggest to experience it in last.

Thank the heavens this was in the first comment, and not one of those yokels suggesting to watch Zero before the rest
"Chimp in state of nature never jerks off, but in captivity he does, wat does this mean? In state of nature he’s too busy, to put plainly. He is concerned with mastering space: solving problem of life in and under trees, mastering what tools he can, mastering social relations in the jockeying for power and status. Deprived of this drive to development and self-increase he devolves to pointless masturbation, in captivity, where he senses he is in owned space and therefore the futility of all his efforts and all his actions."
Jul 4, 2023 1:28 PM

Jan 2017
Rissenicus said:
and not one of those yokels suggesting to watch Zero before the rest

They aren't really used to move out of the Zero and UBW subboards , so they aren't aware of this thread yet.
I'll probably re-write those notes of mine to precise them tho.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Jul 5, 2023 11:45 AM
May 2018
1. Fate/Zero
2. Unlimited Blade Works 
3. Heaven's Feel
5. Apocrypha
4. Case Files
5. Strange/Fake

Jul 5, 2023 4:36 PM
Jul 6, 2023 12:28 AM
Apr 2018
I will always recommend Zero before UBW because UBW spoils the ending of Zero.
Jul 6, 2023 1:52 AM

Jan 2017
Carnex said:

That's not a spoil tho , it's done on purpose...
It's literally a Prequel , it's just like saying the Star Wars Trilogy spoils the Prelogy.

And since Zero spoils almost everything about the 3 Routes , it should be watched after.
Even the Author said so , so this "argument" is dumb.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Jul 6, 2023 2:04 AM
Apr 2018
Alexioos95 said:
Carnex said:

It's literally a Prequel , it's just like saying the Star Wars Trilogy spoils the Prelogy.

And since Zero spoils almost everything about the 3 Routes , it should be watched after.

The author also thinks she should be called Altria so just like with JIF im not going to take their word as law.
Jul 6, 2023 2:14 AM

Jan 2017
Carnex said:
The author also thinks she should be called Altria

The Author of Zero is Urobuchi , not Nasu. (Which makes Zero a fan-fiction , lmfao.)
As for "Altria" , it's ugly , but that's the literal translation of her romaji name. (I personally prefer Artoria/Arturia tho)
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Jul 7, 2023 5:44 AM

Oct 2012
if you dont wanna watch everything fate zero is enough.
Jul 10, 2023 5:09 PM

Mar 2015
Alexioos95 said:
Fabian_qq said:

The best summary ever
This salad is salty favored
Jul 11, 2023 10:32 AM

Feb 2019
kushakashi said:
craze idea but listen . . . release order!!!

(if you want it spelled out) zero then stay nights in whatever order and after that it litrally doesn't matter. untill hollow ataraxia gets an adaptation that is.

That isn't even release order and hollow ataraxia in its very structure cannot comprehensively be adapted. It sounds like you're just repeating something you heard once and never checked.

Carnex said:

Learn what a prequel is.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jul 12, 2023 12:45 PM

Feb 2021
Start with the original novel, then play Ataraxia, watch UBW series and HF movies.
Jul 22, 2023 12:07 PM

Oct 2021
You have to play the original Fate/Stay Night visual novel first, then you don't need to watch any anime adaption for Stay Night and can move onto Fate/Zero or this.
Jul 23, 2023 9:35 AM

Aug 2018
Stop whining and watch release order pay no attention to the trolls who claim differently they’re just fools. Also pay no heed to the VN readers who are forever yapping and making my skin crawl.
Aug 3, 2023 12:44 PM

Aug 2012
Alexioos95 said:
Carnex said:

I second this, Zero spoilers are much worse cuz they spoil the last movies too.
Aug 3, 2023 12:50 PM

Aug 2012
My order for the main Fate Stay Night is:
Fate Stay Night (2006 fan edit from Nobody), Unlimited Bladeworks, Heavens Feel.

From there (to watch Strange Fake) you can do:

Fate Zero
Apocrypha
Lord El Melloi II case files (watch the prologue too)

If you want to be even more on par with the story you can:
Read the Hollow Ataraxia prologue (the 10 minute ghost story), since it relates to the female main character.
Reach Babylonia in Fate Grand Order, by watching the playing the 6 singularities and watching the first order movie and the Camelot Movie. Then the Babylonia anime.
Aug 3, 2023 9:51 PM

Mar 2019
Alexioos95 said:
Fabian_qq said:

Thanks! Appreciate the thorough answer.
Aug 24, 2023 11:56 AM

Dec 2020
Alexioos95 said:
Fabian_qq said:

How is Tsuki No sango even connected ?

Complex Stories are basically sleeping pills . Helps to get some sleep .

Aug 24, 2023 12:12 PM

Jan 2017
STSayeb said:

It's not directly connected to the Fate Series , but to the Nasuverse , the group of franchises created by Kinoko Nasu under his Type-Moon company.
The works of the Nasuverse all share the same rules for their universes , and some also are connected through their lore or characters.

Tsuki no Sango happens in a distant future , in an universe where there was magecraft. (So in a similar universe to Mahoutsukai no Yoru , Kara no Kyoukai and Fate , and not to Tsukihime.)
Details are unknown.

You can find a summary of the timeline of the Nasuverse here : https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynight/comments/94xmmv/the_complete_timeline_of_the_nasuverse_fate_kara/
It's kind of non-sense if you don't know a little about everything tho.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Aug 28, 2023 1:52 AM

Dec 2020
Alexioos95 said:
STSayeb said:

It's not directly connected to the Fate Series , but to the Nasuverse , the group of franchises created by Kinoko Nasu under his Type-Moon company.
The works of the Nasuverse all share the same rules for their universes , and some also are connected through their lore or characters.

Tsuki no Sango happens in a distant future , in an universe where there was magecraft. (So in a similar universe to Mahoutsukai no Yoru , Kara no Kyoukai and Fate , and not to Tsukihime.)
Details are unknown.

You can find a summary of the timeline of the Nasuverse here : https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynight/comments/94xmmv/the_complete_timeline_of_the_nasuverse_fate_kara/
It's kind of non-sense if you don't know a little about everything tho.

I am pretty sure dude just wanted a Fate/Watch Order

Complex Stories are basically sleeping pills . Helps to get some sleep .

Aug 28, 2023 2:04 AM

Jan 2017
STSayeb said:
I am pretty sure dude just wanted a Fate/Watch Order

I was talking about the entirety of the Fate Series (and even Nasuverse) , has he was asking about the complete order.
That's why it's under the "Completionist" category of my list for the Anime , and in the "Nasuverse" one for the Novel/Manga , and not in the others.

Being part of the Nasuverse , Tsuki no Sango is more or less connected to the Fate Series , so i included it in the list. (Alonsgide Mahoutsukai no Yoru , Kara no Kyoukai & Tsukihime)
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Aug 29, 2023 2:33 PM
Jun 2023
I watched everything in this order: https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynight/comments/df8rvo/rfatestaynights_official_viewing_order_guide_v2/

Except that I played through the VN's Fate Route before watching UBW. Saw enough recommendations to not touch the Deen stuff. Apparently there are fan edits for the 2006 anime that cut stuff out that spoil the other routes, but I haven't seen them so I can't comment on if they're worth watching.

Also I highly, HIGHLY recommend watching Zero AFTER HF, unless you're planning on only watching Zero. Also Lord El Melloi II is kind of a continuation to Zero, so don't watch it before Zero (as listed in the guide I linked.)
Sep 14, 2023 6:30 PM

Aug 2020
Stay Night •> Zero

Or the other way round. It doesn't matter much because one of them will be spoiled by the other.

Nov 2, 2023 1:27 AM
Apr 2018
Reply to Alexioos95
Fabian_qq said:

@Alexioos95 Fate/Kaleid is not a parody, it is a spin off and a good one.
Feb 18, 9:34 AM
Mar 2016
Honestly, to understand Strange/Fake, all you really need is Zero and El Melloi. As long as you watch those two in that order, you'll have everything you'll need for this, including factions, rules, and existing characters that have shown up so far.

More topics from this board

» Should I watch TV Special before this?

Akanekino - Feb 14

11 by lilyxxwise »»
Mar 9, 8:59 PM

» High expectations

ACasualViewer - Jul 2, 2023

30 by Vncritical »»
Jan 2, 6:11 PM

» So There's no specific release date?

Plopop - Jul 5, 2023

8 by KitsuFrost »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.