Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 4, 2023 12:02 PM
Jun 2023
Great episode, shows us Sylphiette's point of view of the disaster
Jul 4, 2023 2:00 PM

Feb 2018
Guess this gives us the first look at what Sylphie has been up to.
An alright prologue I guess.
Jul 4, 2023 3:58 PM

Jul 2022
good episode, althought i don't really care much about it I JUST WANNA SEE WHAT HAPPEN TO RUDYYYYY
anyway 7/10
Jul 4, 2023 10:53 PM

May 2015
Pretty good storytelling of Silphy's story. It went straight to the point in a single episode. I can't wait to see my man Rudeus again.
Jul 5, 2023 2:39 AM
Oct 2021
good shit good shit man
Jul 6, 2023 11:24 AM

Jul 2016
Not even Episode 1 of the new season and we already have kids getting molested. Classic MT priority.
That said, I have no idea why the global release version censored the scene with the fat noble caressing the loli's butt. Was honestly expecting something more explicit in the original version but it was just that. Weird.

Still a somewhat decent "Episode 0" tho. It was nice to see what happened to Sylphy after the Mana Explosion incident as well as having some political conflicts between nobles to add more variety to the narrative.
Jul 6, 2023 10:33 PM
Apr 2020
aaaaaaaaaaaaadsjkdsfd
Jul 7, 2023 2:01 AM

Feb 2018
Sylphie falling was a little bit goofy, kinda crazy how she sky dived like that and got an insta kill lol. Well, this episode is alright, some parts kinda felt eh.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jul 7, 2023 5:25 PM

May 2022
Is it me or aside from a pretty mediocre animation (some people said this ep was outsourced tho), the biggest letdown of this episode was its direction? I felt like Derreck's death had little to no impact and the direction didn't really make it clear that Ariel starts to sing because she noticed Sylphiette's mistake. Also, i do like some political clash and court related stuff but the attempt of this ep to set up a political intrigue were pretty lame. I felt like the theater scene was a rip-off from that one scene with palpatine in Star wars' Sith's revenge (or maybe clones' attack).
Jul 8, 2023 8:20 AM

Oct 2022
Wait! How the heck did Sylphiette's hair turn white all of that sudden. New characters being introduced.

Hope Rudy makes a return soon in the main anime second season.
Jul 8, 2023 5:01 PM
Jul 2021
Who asked for this? Who wanted this? I can certainly answer that question. This was made for the Western World Blue hair & train wreck freaks, that's who asked & wanted this. Proof? Why is it that there is a  uncensored version out there? TBH the uncensored version/episode isn't a big deal, it does change a very small POV of a certain scene in the theater that's it. 

This episode/OVA is pointless, isn't necessary for the grand scheme of things, it was made for a quick cash grab, made for/by the woke freaks in the west (why the lesbian undertone/scene?), uncalled and it follows a trend set by the other pointless feminist dribble the so called "Eris the Goblin Slayer" complete and total garbage.

Slowly but slowly but surely Rudy is going to be sidelined in his own show, much like what happened with Loki, Indiana Jones, Luke Skywalker, Rimuru and way too many male characters sidetracked out of their own shows/movies/mythos.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Jul 8, 2023 11:29 PM
Jul 2023
There's not Eris :(
Jul 9, 2023 5:18 AM
Jul 2020
Sylph is amazing story
Jul 9, 2023 1:32 PM
Aug 2021
Amazing episode! Clearly the best anime this season. There aren't many animes with adult and mature characters, which grow and have significant character development and not some cringe power of friendship level shit. Loved it! Better watch than JJK s2
Jul 9, 2023 5:12 PM
Jun 2021
Spoopy69 said:
Kockorzo said:

... It’s something from 10 months ago

Did you forget even what the mana calamity was?

the mana calamity was like 27 months ago

Does the upbraider be so intertwined in trying to find faults within the upbraided that his mind blurs out the folly within his own truest words?
///
Jul 9, 2023 5:13 PM
Jun 2021
Nayan_Sarkar said:
Kockorzo said:

What do you even mean?

I was just stating a critic view point, nothing much.

Yes, I can read— you just can’t seem to word your so called ‘critique’ very well is all.
///
Jul 11, 2023 1:39 AM
Feb 2019
Gostei do episódio, mas poderia ter sido melhor. Animação não foi muito boa, teve muitos cortes de informação e cena, tudo importantes. Precisaria ser 2 OVA's e não 1 como foi.
Jul 11, 2023 10:34 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Jul 11, 2023 1:02 PM
Jul 2022
Kockorzo said:
Nayan_Sarkar said:

I was just stating a critic view point, nothing much.

Yes, I can read— you just can’t seem to word your so called ‘critique’ very well is all.

Very sorry for that, English isn't my first language.
Jul 11, 2023 8:46 PM

Oct 2021
A 9 out of 10 episodes! I didn't expect this side story or episode 0 to be very well made! The h*ssy assassin showing nearby the bed surprised me that I uttered "F*ck"!!!!! That is one h3ll of a horror show!!! 😨 

What an awesome episode, and this is just the start! I'm so glad I decided to watch this banger of an episode tonight!

Sylphie's dedication to follow her friend, Princess Ariel, says it all. Her loyalty stays with the people whom she trusts the most.
marquinti2Jul 11, 2023 8:51 PM

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jul 12, 2023 8:36 AM
Jun 2021
Nayan_Sarkar said:
Kockorzo said:

Very sorry for that, English isn't my first language.

Evaluation doesn’t seem to be either
///
Jul 16, 2023 6:30 AM
Oct 2022
I was Wondering A about symphnie . Glad She Got Some New Some Friends .
Jul 17, 2023 1:39 AM
Jan 2021
So that's what happened to Sylfie. WHY DID HER HAIR SUDDENLY TURN WHITE?!

Whatever. So now there may be some connection that forms between Ariel and Rudy, but that will be after he finds his mother. I'm assuming the nightmares have something to do with the apocalypse and/or losing her friends and family in the process. I wonder what kind of stuff Luke, Sylfie, and Ariel do on their journey. Why is it that they're going through some snowy path just like Rudy?! Either way, some interesting stuff going on.

Can't wait for more!
Jul 17, 2023 1:06 PM
Jul 2023
So this is what happened to Sylphy. I still wonder why her hair changed color. Anyway, I hope she and Rudeus find each other soon.
Jul 18, 2023 1:34 PM
May 2021
It was somewhat cheesy. It also fit far too much character development into on episode. However, with it being Episode 0, both of these things makes sense
Jul 18, 2023 5:44 PM
Jul 2019
A little bit of info about Sylphiette after this incident so that we know what happen to her, pretty good info for special episode.
Jul 19, 2023 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
I sure am glad Princess Ariel invited Sylphie that night otherwise Princess Ariel would have been dead by then.
Jul 20, 2023 9:49 AM

Mar 2010
Great to see how that elf is doing, can't wait to see how they will connect with the other mc's.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 22, 2023 10:40 AM
Jan 2016
If you ask me the new episodes are dissapointing, I dont understand why he doesn't just wipe the floor with the enemy's and keeps letting it become a close call. I'ts actually a really asshole move that massivly impacts his character. Also the little girls vandetta story is just cheap. the art sucks and whenever he does use magic he could be alot more creative with it then FIREBALL
Jul 22, 2023 10:40 AM
Jan 2016
If you ask me the new episodes are dissapointing, I dont understand why he doesn't just wipe the floor with the enemy's and keeps letting it become a close call. I'ts actually a really asshole move that massivly impacts his character. Also the little girls vandetta story is just cheap. the art sucks and whenever he does use magic he could be alot more creative with it then FIREBALL
Jul 23, 2023 8:44 AM

May 2015
nick_el_son said:
Modern sunglasses in pre-industrial might&magic world?

Sorry, but no

-_-
Exactly my opinion. It takes you completely out off the story.
It's like watching Lord of the Rings and suddenly someone shoots off a railgun.
Terrible choice. They could have used at least something that looked era-conform, at least regarding the materials. But SFX and Design point absolutely to modern, post 1980-earth technology.
For one moment I thought "huh, some earth stuff got isekaid too?".
Seriously, the pacing, writing etc were subpar but the glasses really annoyed me, even more that everything else..
Exactly my opinion. It takes you completely out off the story.
It's like watching Lord of the Rings and suddenly someone shoots off a railgun.
Terrible choice. They could have used at least something that looked era-conform, at least regarding the materials. But SFX and Design point absolutely to modern, post 1980-earth technology.
For one moment I thought "huh, some earth stuff got isekaid too?".
Seriously, the pacing, writing etc were subpar but the glasses really annoyed me, even more that everything else..
Jul 30, 2023 10:24 AM

May 2015
Poor Boar-kun. He just wanted some potatoes.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 6, 2023 9:29 AM
Aug 2021
That was good. while i get many might not enjoy it. i liked the fact they gave info and backstory before s2
Aug 8, 2023 5:15 AM

Dec 2010
How can anyone advise against watching this even as a troll review, everything that happens here seems to be of huge narrative importance, in fact more so than quite a few of Rudy's adventuring escapades. I liked it and I'm surprised at the bold decision to move Syplhie in such an independent direction.
Aug 9, 2023 8:58 AM
Jul 2009
Meritas said:
How can anyone advise against watching this even as a troll review, everything that happens here seems to be of huge narrative importance, in fact more so than quite a few of Rudy's adventuring escapades. I liked it and I'm surprised at the bold decision to move Syplhie in such an independent direction.
Yep 100%. I don't get the hate makes no sense. I'm actually really happy they decided to dedicate a full episode to Sylphie's story rather than doing a stupid flashback(god I hate flashbacks). Helps set the season up, keep the pacing, without having to take a break.
Aug 17, 2023 2:12 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
What an amazing back to form, a single episode and it's already better than most half-backed shows. This setup makes it even more exciting for Rudeus and Fitz to meet back up.
Aug 27, 2023 11:16 PM
Sep 2020
I have mixed feelings about this ep ( ╥ω╥ )

It is probably clear to everyone already that the animations downgraded significantly, which I should have saw coming due to past experience .~. Kind of makes me like the series less and I realllly hope the rest of season 2 isn't like this but I don't have much hope D: The ep itself was clearly suppose to be the backstory of Fitz and I am glad they are showing what happened to her. Overall a less than hopeful start than I anticipated :\
Sep 8, 2023 11:27 AM

Aug 2022
Masterpiece! If you didn't like this do us a favor(especially a favor for yourself) and please stop watching anime!
Sep 10, 2023 5:47 AM

Jul 2013
Why episode 0? in Netflix this is ep.1
Sep 17, 2023 6:42 AM
Mar 2012
cool hair change but Sylphy was more distinctive with the rare green hair.
nice singing, rather wholesome between them two, besides Asura politics.
good animation's back, but a few scenes a blurry zoomed mess.

Sep 17, 2023 9:44 AM

Aug 2014
I was ok, but Sylphiette is not my fav character, actually she is on lowest place in my list ;/ I hope to see other characters also in this season :s
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 24, 2023 10:41 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Interesting episode to starts the season!!!
Sylphiette adventure after the disaster!!!
kekeke
Oct 4, 2023 6:15 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Was nice to see Ariel adapted, that almost yuri moment was great, I love to see Ariel teasing like that, shame we could not get some more fanservice from that...
Oct 5, 2023 9:57 AM

Jan 2017
Sylphy's hair became white as she became a nuke to that monster-thing, funniest shit I've ever seen
Oct 18, 2023 2:36 AM
Dec 2022
So this is episode 0 but should be a special episode prior to the start of S2.
Oct 19, 2023 6:23 PM
Apr 2018
deppresso rudy qwq
Nov 4, 2023 12:03 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yoo Sylph episode! She's my first favorite waifu in these mushoku tensei shit, so Sylph highlight finally cease my day.

I was excited back in the second season where she appeared first there. Was wondering why its like that, and this episode drop. Have a long time to decide starting the episode and this is truly not disappointed, at least for my bias view. I mean, the bed scene with Asura second princess tho. So lovely.

Not really excited to begin the first season journey of mushoku tensei at the beginning. But, eh? Since its Sylph focused season, i might get a better view of this isekai anime, perhaps? Let's see the next then! In the mean time....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 13, 2023 1:15 PM

Oct 2013
I'm an absolute sucker for political intrigue and Mushoku Tensei has been teasing us with this shit for far too long.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 24, 2023 12:26 AM
Aug 2021
It wasnt bad, added to the characters
Nov 28, 2023 7:48 PM
Aug 2023
This episode was good in that I didn't hate it, and I was entertained...but it was weaker than "Eris the Goblin Slayer", which was weaker than S1 but it still felt like S1 at least. So "Guardian Fitz" is a noticeable downgrade from S1, and it felt flat in some scenes while S1 was pretty compelling almost the whole time.

I could overlook an assassin attack right when Sylphie was having a sleep-over, but I couldn't maintain my suspension of disbelief with Sylphie falling right on a monster, which was right at that exact moment and place deciding to attack the princess. The execution of Sylphie just happening to open her eyes to see the assassin was bad as well, they should have made it so Sylphie heard a noise to alert her to notice the assassin instead, they already setup she had good hearing by hearing everybody talk about her at the noble party. It was also awkward execution at the noble party when Sylphie drew attention to herself by making somebody drop their drink, the amount of time they held on Sylphie before the princess started singing her distraction was too long. It didn't seem natural people would be distracted, and would forget, they should have done it faster.

Yeah, all that is nitpicky, but it just points out how far off the execution is from S1. Also I think one of the biggest problems is those stupid sci-fi sunglasses Sylphie is forced to wear. I mean it makes sense to hide her eyes to disguise she's a woman (not sure why they needed to, but whatever), and it also helps mask her nervousness, but holy hell does those sunglasses ruin the fantasy atmosphere setting. It was just as bad as when they showed her with the sunglasses for a few seconds in the finale episode of S1, such a bad character design choice.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Is it Canon?

TheSecondOne135 - Oct 28, 2023

18 by sagedevault »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:11 PM

» Why did her hair change colour?

Golden_Cheese - Jul 19, 2023

13 by Piromysl »»
Aug 21, 2023 3:55 PM

» Thoughts on EP 1 Or Ep 0

z_ach - Jul 2, 2023

35 by Dawizz »»
Jul 11, 2023 3:20 AM

» Censored scenes in global-released version

Rob7 - Jul 2, 2023

22 by Romangelo »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:38 AM

» How people think this good written OMG!! (Episode 0 spoilers)

Okeanix - Jul 3, 2023

43 by KayKimii »»
Jul 3, 2023 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.