Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 8, 2023 2:13 PM

Jan 2022
Golden Time was I believe the 4th or 5th anime I've ever watched and you know that feeling when you watch your first few and are like "WOAH. MIND BLOWING". The quality doesn't matter so much when it's early on because for some reason it'll still shock you and you'll hold it close to you. Rewatching Golden Time, I realize that it wasn't as good as the first time I watched it, however I still hold it close to my heart being one of the first I watched. But I will say whenever I discuss this particular anime in my classes with other people who watch anime, they've never even heard of it. So my question to everyone is do y'all still even remember this well? And if so tell me your thoughts. Did it suck? Did you love it? I'd love to hear all opinions.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 8, 2023 2:19 PM
Jan 2021
I will be sitting in traffic on my way to work every 2-4 months and think “damn that was a damn good show.” Like without fail. I watched it back in 2020 and I still think of it.
Jun 8, 2023 2:25 PM
May 2018
oh yeah it's exactly like that to me too.
This show was one of my firsts and it taught me and has set the basis for all the future animes I've watched. I will forever cherish this show but I refrain from rewatching it after 7 years because I know it's not as good as I remember...
Jun 8, 2023 2:27 PM

Jul 2022
Peak. It‘s one of the best romance I’ve ever seen without doubt.
Jun 8, 2023 2:27 PM
May 2022
Akana2246 said:
Golden Time was I believe the 4th or 5th anime I've ever watched and you know that feeling when you watch your first few and are like "WOAH. MIND BLOWING". The quality doesn't matter so much when it's early on because for some reason it'll still shock you and you'll hold it close to you. Rewatching Golden Time, I realize that it wasn't as good as the first time I watched it, however I still hold it close to my heart being one of the first I watched. But I will say whenever I discuss this particular anime in my classes with other people who watch anime, they've never even heard of it. So my question to everyone is do y'all still even remember this well? And if so tell me your thoughts. Did it suck? Did you love it? I'd love to hear all opinions.

Looking back on it now probably isn’t mind blowing of an anime but I cherish it allot. It was my 2nd ever romance anime and 5th anime in genera. I remember having shed few tears whilst watching it and loving it at the time so much trying to find more like it. Don’t remember every detail but the plot, main characters, and main aim Is still very clear to me. But even as of now if I were supposedly to watch it for the first time storyline wise it’s a pretty solid anime.
Jun 8, 2023 2:33 PM
Aug 2020
One of better, but if its not for old banhri, it would be really good. There is shows like true tears, rumbling hearts, suzuka, itazura na kiss, a town where you live, which deserve more attention too. Drama and intense situations leading to grand finale, worth it.
Jun 8, 2023 2:35 PM
Sep 2022
Well, it was the first anime i have watched, and i must say, it was an amazing experience. My opinion on this title will always stay the same - its a great show
Jun 8, 2023 2:46 PM
Jun 2022
Akana2246 said:

This show holds a really really special place in my heart, my first anime were Air and Kanon, then clannad (the key trio) and then I watched this afterwards and those 4 shows are by far 4 of my favourite of all time. I ball everytime at this show the emotions always hit. It does seem to be a little lost to the past unfortunately but I will absolutely never forget this show. I will still always feel bad for linda even though the ending was happy, bless her soul
Jun 8, 2023 2:56 PM
Jul 2022
I also regard golden time as one of the greatest romance animes, where I watched it for the first time last year when I was quite new to romance anime. Whenever I think about golden time, I remember how amazed I was with the plot and especially the characters, which eminently made the show enthralling and enjoyable to watch.
Even after a year, it's challenging to come across such a remarkable show such as golden time, where I adored every ep and consider it an outstanding show overall.

So I really do appreciate and cherish golden time and still get emotional when rewatching it making it quite a sentimental anime for me.
Jun 8, 2023 2:57 PM
Apr 2022
I think it’s a really good story but it is a little off at times. The premise is a little shaky considering Banri seemed to not have feelings for Linda but then he actually had feelings for her because an inner Banri had feelings…it was really weird but fine in the end. The story would’ve been infinitely better without the weird outbursts around Linda from inner Banri. It made it less realistic in the end which I didn’t like. But the anime is overall a solid 8.
Jun 8, 2023 3:01 PM

Sep 2020
I've only watched it recently, so no nostalgia for me. But I thought it was very good, solid 9 IMO
Nino is the objectively superior one, don't @ me
Jun 8, 2023 3:22 PM
Sep 2022
Akana2246 said:

This might still be my favorite romance of all time. Although it still might not be one of the best. When Banri lost his memories that hit me hard. When he finally got his memories back at the end and reunited with Koko I was filled with joy.
Jun 8, 2023 4:44 PM
Mar 2013
Yes, the show was great. Didn’t feel any drag going through all the episodes. I really like the college setting. Has great animation and music to match.
Kouko is one of my all time fav girl which was also voiced by Yui Horie - my top VA. I simply love her 😌
Jun 8, 2023 5:45 PM

Jan 2022
Kami_Yan said:
Yes, the show was great. Didn’t feel any drag going through all the episodes. I really like the college setting. Has great animation and music to match.
Kouko is one of my all time fav girl which was also voiced by Yui Horie - my top VA. I simply love her 😌
I agree! The college setting is such a fresh change of pace. I feel like there should be more series that cover college and other post secondary occupations rather than playing it safe with the run of the mill standard high school series. Yui is also an amazing VA and makes some solid music! Awesome response!!!
Jun 8, 2023 5:53 PM
Sep 2020
I view this anime as very nostalgic but for sum of the wrong reasons, decent show just the ending was shit
Jun 8, 2023 8:03 PM
Jun 2021
I liked this show quite a lot.
Jun 8, 2023 8:06 PM
Feb 2021
the only college romance we have :) how can I forget this both the show and kaga will always in my fav list in my profile
Jun 8, 2023 8:14 PM

Apr 2021
well i do remember it and i still like it, not the best romance anime ive seen but def better than toradora imo
Jun 8, 2023 8:18 PM
Oct 2020
This was my 2nd one and I loved it a lot
Jun 8, 2023 8:41 PM
Dec 2022
Hell yes, Golden time is top 3 romance anime shows. Underrated af
Jun 8, 2023 8:46 PM
Nov 2020
This show ages like a fine wine. You can cleary see how modern rom com borrow lots of tropes and way of telling story in this show. But they seem never learn how to make jokes like Golden Time
Jun 8, 2023 8:47 PM
Jul 2020
I never really liked this show with the whiny girl. I had to force myself to not yell at the mc many times for his dumb decisions.
Jun 8, 2023 8:52 PM
Jun 2021
Absolutely its one of my favorite romances in all media. This show is better than all the dumb high school romances we keep getting
Jun 8, 2023 9:14 PM
Jan 2021
it was one the initial animes I watched, and it was very good.
Jun 8, 2023 10:08 PM
Nov 2022
Yep this was like the 2/3 of my anime I loved everything and it was a great watch. At times I recall some of my favorite scenes and they make me smile.

though the arguments and fight Bhanri had with Linda went above my head in the later episodes

will have to watch again sometime
Ryo-KunjJun 9, 2023 1:43 AM
Jun 8, 2023 10:16 PM

Aug 2020
This would sum up what I remember of this:

It had some of the worst drama I've ever seen in anime.
Keep scrolling
Jun 8, 2023 10:23 PM
Nov 2022
still one of my favourite Romcom
Jun 8, 2023 10:51 PM

Oct 2013
One of my favorite romcoms, and I'm not a fan of this genre. Realistic depiction of how people their age interact with each other, enriched with a small dose of supernatural elements that only make the show more fun to watch.
Jun 8, 2023 11:15 PM

Nov 2013
I remember the plot being rather dogshit, the main couple Banri and Koko having SO many mental issues Im surprised they function as students (cus we only see them doing college frat things). And above all, Im dumbfounded at how little romantic chemistry there is between them and how the author of Toradora wrote this.

And why tf is there some weird supernatural thing going on? That certainly aint how amnesia works. Somebody call the Ghostbusters or something cus Ghost Banri makes absolutely NO sense.
Jun 8, 2023 11:39 PM
Sep 2022
i was heart touching but at some i get frustrated in middle of story creator stretched story a little in middle but it was very good anime to watch
Jun 9, 2023 12:27 AM

Jan 2023
I watched it years ago and still remembers it fairly well.
Not one my favorite animes but one of the most memorable ones I've ever watched I'd say, it is a pretty good one :)
Jun 9, 2023 12:45 AM
Jul 2021
Yeah it's a really good show. I enjoyed it.
Jun 9, 2023 1:51 AM
Oct 2021
dude this was one of my earliest animes too, I enjoyed watching this a lot
Jun 9, 2023 3:43 AM
Apr 2022
JUST THESE PART 3 DAYS IM THINKING ABOUT THIS SHOW IDK WHY.

it was like one of the very first anime I watched
Jun 9, 2023 4:25 AM

Jan 2021
golden time>>many romcoms just too underrated and never talked about!
Jun 9, 2023 6:38 AM
Nov 2020
Akana2246 said:

The only anime I have watched twice, coz it was so good
Jun 9, 2023 8:09 AM
Nov 2020
I don't really feel any connection with this anime, it's just another romance to me. It took me 3 months to finnish it. That's less time than Spice and Wolf, but we're not going to talk about it. Anyway, this anime similar to Erased was ruined by the ending that felt sort of rushed, but the beginning felt extremely slow.
Jun 9, 2023 8:37 AM
Oct 2019
Solid romance anime. I must re-visit it at once!
Jun 9, 2023 11:01 AM
Dec 2020
I only watched it cause of this one clip the gay one but when I started watching I realized I don’t like slice of life romance anime’s.
Jun 9, 2023 12:49 PM
Jan 2022
Akana2246 said:

Yeah it was also one of the first anime’s I’ve seen along with Happy Sugar Life, Black Bullet, SAO, and Why the Hell are you here teacher
Jun 9, 2023 1:18 PM
Jun 2016
I forgot what it was about.. Is it worth it to rewatch?
Jun 9, 2023 1:49 PM
Jan 2020
One of the first romance anime I ever watched so it will always be special for that alone. I knew by the time it was over that the show wasn’t perfect by any means but the last episode was so satisfying.
Jun 9, 2023 1:49 PM

Jan 2022
InsaPotlood said:

Personally I think it’s worth the watch if you have the time. Now as much as it pains me to say it because I really liked the series, there’s a lot of points in the series that are just a little upsetting. I won’t spoil it for you but my advice would be go into it with an open mind! At the very worst you’ll just think it’s bad and stop watching after a few episodes lol. But I encourage that you watch it all
Jun 9, 2023 1:56 PM
Jun 2016
Akana2246 said:
InsaPotlood said:

Personally I think it’s worth the watch if you have the time. Now as much as it pains me to say it because I really liked the series, there’s a lot of points in the series that are just a little upsetting. I won’t spoil it for you but my advice would be go into it with an open mind! At the very worst you’ll just think it’s bad and stop watching after a few episodes lol. But I encourage that you watch it all

Ok! I will give it a go. Have too much time on my hands right now so why not. Thanks you😊
Jun 9, 2023 2:06 PM
Mar 2023
Absolutely!
Although after I finished watching it I began to read others' reviews and criticisms of it, which I could understand, and that I would probably notice on a rewatch, the emotional attachment I got to all the characters throughout my first watch was really special and incredibly enticing. I really liked all the settings they had in the anime and especially enjoyed the romance which felt very real, even though the aftermath of the set up of the romantic advancements was often not the most realistic in itself. The character design was also really nice in my opinion.

What do you think about my opinions?
besttaste24Jun 11, 2023 7:17 PM
Jun 9, 2023 2:44 PM
Feb 2021
Akana2246 said:

man i feel you so much i remember watching golden time and it was also one of my initial animes.For me one of my first romcom was toradora and to me it was just like Golden time to you. Whenever i think of that time all my memories come back of the things that were happening to me irl. I have watched hundreds of anime but never re-watched any of it, i always though that it would be waste of time, but that you say this i want to watch these shows so bad... And I do remember the scene where banri was tricked in a cult and all of their escape was so fun!!
Jun 9, 2023 3:31 PM
Jan 2023
yeah , i like Golden Time , i Will always remember the bar episode with Tada and Nana.
Jun 9, 2023 4:11 PM
Aug 2022
Akana2246 said:

why would I forgot about a series this good
Jun 9, 2023 4:56 PM
Mar 2017
DGemu said:
I remember the plot being rather dogshit, the main couple Banri and Koko having SO many mental issues Im surprised they function as students (cus we only see them doing college frat things). And above all, Im dumbfounded at how little romantic chemistry there is between them and how the author of Toradora wrote this.

And why tf is there some weird supernatural thing going on? That certainly aint how amnesia works. Somebody call the Ghostbusters or something cus Ghost Banri makes absolutely NO sense.

all marks. GT was straight ass
Jun 10, 2023 9:15 AM
Feb 2022
Watched few years back and still can't let it outta my mind. Every day hoping for a season 2 or atleast a OVA T_T
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.