Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 30, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Imo, this was a great way for Mitsumi to spend her Summer days, visiting family, making new memories while revisiting old ones, and seeing her family again.

It feels like one of those nostalgic episodes from her point of view and narrative. Seeing Mitsumi in her mood and being herself made the episode enjoyable. 
May 30, 2023 8:07 AM

Nov 2010
  • It was just a slice of life episode.
  • In case you don't recognize the girl with long hair and a black shirt: she's the drama geek.

May 30, 2023 8:18 AM

Apr 2010
Well going home during the vacation was nice and from the looks of it it was a long trip to get home.
Getting back in the rhythm of school didn't seem that hard but something is up with Shima and i guess he needs some help with that.
The others also seemed to have a nice holiday  from the sounds of things. 
May 30, 2023 8:33 AM
Feb 2022
still like this show it is fucking good
May 30, 2023 9:10 AM

Feb 2021
Accents like Mitsumi's are so interesting, some sentences sound like they're from a completely different language from Japanese.
Fumi let's gooo! I was hoping we would see her boyfriend.
This was such a fun and relaxing episode.
The ending though...
May 30, 2023 9:10 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Though certainly a nervous experience the flight provided her with a valuble first time while also allowing her to see her family again after so long. Quite the feast they ended up having for her homecoming. The time spent at the beach was a nice change of pace though. Still given the break its a rare luxury of being able to oversleep. Brief as it was being able to unwind and not be worried about school is always a nice thing. When it comes to making memories the culture festival defo is the best opportunity for it. When it comes to cheering people up Mitsumi really is unmatched. To think that the class would end up picking a play to enact for the festival though. Maybe its finally time for Shima to revisit the stage.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2023 9:33 AM

Mar 2021
What a great episode it was so good to see Mitsumi go back to her family and friends for the summer holidays and even better to see her have so much fun
May 30, 2023 9:43 AM

Feb 2023
What a good episode for slice of life lovers

"Bocchi the Rock!" - Ijichi Nijika

May 30, 2023 9:44 AM

Jul 2012
Mitsumi's hometown is so calm and peaceful compared to the bustling city. And after seeing her family and friends again, she looks really recharged. She's very perceptive, too. I liked her observation about the summer break transformation.

Meanwhile, Shima seems to be drifting away. But it looks like he'll finally need to confront his past with this upcoming school festival.
May 30, 2023 9:46 AM

Dec 2020
Well Mitsuri is enjoying her time back in her hoome village and has fun with her friends.
Now is she back and brings a local speciality nice but Shima has not a good time.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 30, 2023 9:47 AM
Jun 2022
Man, great episode but I am dumb to not enjoy it as I was too nervous thinking about the Rurika shit.
In anticipation of what I believed I will see, I couldn't see what was in front of my eyes.
May 30, 2023 9:48 AM

May 2015
This episode gave out so strong nostalgic sweet home vibes that made me smile like an idiot. The scene of the watermelon breakfast, when she watched her mother while she was washing the dishes, the scenes of the countryside evoked by the sweet taste of the fruit was slice of life at its peak.
IshitatesoMay 30, 2023 9:57 AM
May 30, 2023 9:50 AM

Oct 2017
Glad to see Mitsumi enjoy her time with her family and friends. Shima's quite troubled though and now the class is gonna do a play. They gonna ask him to be on it aren't they?
May 30, 2023 9:50 AM
Sep 2021
Mitsumi during her holidays meets up with her family and her friends from her hometown and after that returns to her school for the upcoming semester.
May 30, 2023 9:58 AM

May 2020
Going back home over summer vacations and chilling a whole month or two away feel a bit too close. Though the thing is that time flies when you're having fun, and that's what we saw with Mitsumi too. Heck it didn't even take half an episode and she has to go back to the usual school life :(

Cultural festival is around the corner, and being a planet full of energy she is, her enthusiasm could even wake a dead. Though for Shima, it's obvious that his conversation with Ririka last episode has done him more harm than good. Hope this cultural festival gets him back to his usual cheerful self.
May 30, 2023 10:12 AM

Feb 2019
Skip to loafer Tuesdays lets gooo.

That was a pretty short summer vacation sequence, thought we’d get a full episode of Mitsumi back home and hanging out with her friends, but oh well. They put a lot of detail and effort into the return trip and it’s cool to see a plane trip in anime for once lol

Congrats to Fumi! Proud of her for getting a bf, maybe that’ll push Mitsumi on and give her some motivation lol.

Despite his appearance and popularity Shima has a lot of insecurities himself. Who would’ve thought someone as popular as he is would look to Mitsumi as inspiration and as the “dazzling” one. Just goes to show you can never judge a book by its cover.

Mitsumi turning around and bringing Shima the extra cakes was so cute. She just knows exactly what to say and when now.
Marinate1016May 30, 2023 10:20 AM
May 30, 2023 10:28 AM
Dec 2020
Mitsumi has some good time back to her hometown. From her answer to Fumi's question about dialects, we can see how she cherishes the friends she makes in Tokyo. After a long break things change a lot, some get closer while some drift away, but the urge to share your happiness never change.

"So dazzling." The OP lyrics is here. Everyone is just so dazzling and far away in Shima's eyes, but then Mitsumi turns around and gets closer and closer to Shima, giving him the warmest snacks. Shima is still alone but left with warmth. I really love the scene.

May 30, 2023 10:29 AM

Dec 2022
it seems shima doesnt want yo do a play
May 30, 2023 10:46 AM

Nov 2016
I'm fully convinced that this is my favorite show this season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 30, 2023 10:49 AM
Mar 2018
What a wonderful and calming episode, from the beginning when we see the early morning in a city, her whole journey to get to her hometown with no music, the family reunion, the whole morning in the hometown so peaceful, and in the end when she comes back to give him more three cookies cause she understood Shima wasn't fine, everything enchanting.
May 30, 2023 10:58 AM

Nov 2013
After Vinland Saga this is the top show I wait for eagerly each week. Yamada may be third. Mitsumi is just too precious, like a ray of sunshine. Sousuke needs her more than anyone in this show.
May 30, 2023 11:05 AM

Sep 2020
This anime is too real imo.
May 30, 2023 11:05 AM
May 2017
It's good that Mitsumi and most of the others enjoyed their time. Shima is suffering by his lonesome tho
May 30, 2023 11:34 AM

Nov 2022
I just hope they end up together, would be pretty sad to have them not work out for some reason or another...
May 30, 2023 11:45 AM

Aug 2017
The art is really priti especially while showing Mitsumi's hometown and also everything in the ep was so relaxing and wholesome, I just love this series
May 30, 2023 11:50 AM
May 2023
Another fantastic episode. This anime doesn't miss.
May 30, 2023 11:52 AM
May 2023
FMmatron said:
I'm fully convinced that this is my favorite show this season.
Based, this anime is fucking perfect
May 30, 2023 11:54 AM

Jun 2020
When she just woke up, drowsy, taking in her familiar home basking in the daylight and looking at the back of her mum. Omg. The nostalgia in this ಥ﹏ಥ It was a short and subtle scene but conveyed a lot.

Shima is always so……sad……and Mitsumi could feel like they drifted apart even tho on the surface everything was the same. What a familiar feeling. She’s a very sensitive & proactive friend♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 30, 2023 12:00 PM

Mar 2014
It was nice for Mitsumi going bakc to her family during the holiday and they gonna be doing a play for the cultural festival, and Shimakun does not look excited 
May 30, 2023 12:21 PM

Sep 2017
I really hope they can show the play their class does. I'm not sure if the book/musical are considered public domain, I hope PA works got the okay to have the songs inserted and everything because it's literally so cute and honestly adds an extra layer to the characters when you know it
redvelvetdollMay 30, 2023 12:25 PM
May 30, 2023 12:29 PM
May 2020
it's beautiful when an anime makes us see value in the simplest things
MiraJun 2, 2023 10:14 AM
May 30, 2023 1:17 PM
Oct 2021
really loved the slice of life ep. v nice n relaxing to watch alongside some of the more hectic this season…
May 30, 2023 1:22 PM

Jan 2021
It was awesome to see Mitsumi spend her summer back at her family place and truly enjoy it before returning to her regular city girl life. Mitsumi greets Shima as first after a long summer break and she's all excited. Narumi trying to sneak Shima into the play but he notices it.

Mitsumi has brought some snacks as well as Mika. Mitsumi also wants to give some to Shima but doesn't get the chance. Mitsumi gets useful information during an meeting amongst class reps for the festival. Mitsumi spots Shima and literally runs after him, she's almost out breath but offers the crackers to him and she tells him about what excites her, she then says goodbye but returns when she sees Shima feeling down so she gives him 3 extra crackers lmao. Nice job.
May 30, 2023 1:51 PM
Nov 2015
This episode gave me some Non Non Biyori flashbacks.
May 30, 2023 1:52 PM
May 2023
it was quite a slow episode. and half the episode her going home, although nice, kinda screwed over the cliff hanger at the end of last episode. Although it did kinda pick up at the end. I look forward to seeing where this goes. I want her to absolutely make him fall in love with her. I see it happening, something big is coming!
May 30, 2023 2:10 PM

Feb 2014
I do love myself some slice of life segments and the first half of this episode showing Mitsumi travelling back to her small hometown easily hits those slice of life vibes that I love! =)

It was nice to see her reunited with her family, as well as congratulating her friend, Fumi, for getting a boyfriend, before she went to hang out with her friends for fireworks and multiple days having fun at the beach. The odd backdrop of the countryside reminded me a lot of Non Non Biyori at times, which is a good thing.

With summer break over and now sporting a nice tan all over herself, Mitsumi went back to school for the new term, although she did feel a little less connected to Shima than before. Thankfully, she was determined to sort that out and with effort, she was able to give Shima a squid cracker from her hometown, but upon noticing how he was feeling down, she gave him two more crackers before departing with a smile on her face. Her timing right there couldn't have been more perfect!

Only 3 episodes left now. I do look forward to seeing what Mitsumi's class will do for their play in preparation for the upcoming school festival.
May 30, 2023 2:27 PM

Mar 2020
There's something about how even the most mundane segments of Skip and Loafer that still feel fantastic. Mitsumi returned to her hometown to visit family and see her middle school friends again, and there's just something so "homey" about it, I don't know to describe it, but it feels so comforting. Hearing Mitsumi snack on watermelons as background shots were shown was simply amazing. The little details like that are what this show continues to excel at, and impress me every time. Was a surprisingly short segment though.

Then, as the summer ended, school started, and Mitsumi wastes no time to greet everyone and give souvenirs. Her excitement for the school festival was great, and Sousuke seeing Mitsumi so excited and her giving more cookies to him must have made his day just a bit better. It's interesting though, how Sousuke describes Mitsumi as "dazzling", yet to others in the school, maybe Sousuke's the dazzling one. Love the irony there. I hope he gets his moments of happiness, but with the play coming up, some dark times from his past may come to haunt him yet again, but he may need to face them head on this time.
May 30, 2023 2:59 PM

Sep 2017
Feel like I'm thinking this every week but this show really does heal my soul. Guess I'm kinda in need of a soul healing right now. I just really love this series. Mitsumi brings me joy.
May 30, 2023 3:05 PM
Jul 2022
This episode felt like an adventure. All the changing of scenery and the incredible art direction really sold it. I already want to rewatch this show all the way through.
May 30, 2023 3:18 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
"she's so dazzling.... but so far away....."

*comes back to give him another snack*

my heart man

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 30, 2023 3:33 PM

Apr 2022
Such a comfy episode!... for the most part, at least
May 30, 2023 3:51 PM
Mar 2015
Our gril came back with stars in her eyes but our boi is bumming her out
May 30, 2023 3:57 PM
Oct 2016
After the melancholy way last episode ended the bright happy start to this episode was very much needed. Mitsumi returning to her hometown during summer vacation to spend time with family and friends. Loved getting to see more of Mitsumi family not just through her phone calls to them from Tokyo. Very cute scene with her grandma and them two preparing dinner. Always nice to see friendly grandparents in anime. Going out to shoot off some fireworks at the beach, getting a nice tan, catching up with friends, sleeping in, and eating watermelon, Mitsumi had a great summer vacation. Returning to school seeing how people have changed over the break. High school summers can shift how people act once they come back. Mitsumi giving everyone gifts from her hometown, very sweet, giving some to Shima since she can tell he's feeling down. Mitsumi worried they're drifting apart as friends. This school festival coming out looks like a big deal, Mitsumi so cute getting all excited for it. I hope this play their class is performing isn't triggering for Shima, considering he's been avoiding Kanechika invitation to be in his drama club play.
May 30, 2023 4:08 PM

Jun 2019
Now I miss going back to my province and wearing my old shirts there. This show captured the whole experience perfectly.
May 30, 2023 4:45 PM
Jul 2022
I LOVED THIS EPISODE!
May 30, 2023 5:15 PM

Apr 2022
mitsumi back with her family and at the beach was fun to see.
back at schoo and shima got some conflicts going on.
May 30, 2023 5:33 PM

May 2014
Mitsumi holding the crackers and running with her determined face was funny.

Hope we get to see Shima's past soon. Wanna know why my boy is sad.
May 30, 2023 5:40 PM
Aug 2020
I love this anime, it’s bringing something special.

Mitsumi is different and I love that.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 30, 2023 5:48 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Felt like I was watching Non Non Biyori in the first half of this episode, it was really nice seeing Mitsumi visit her family and friends back in the good ol countryside, I’m a sucker for this part of Japan and it was delivered very well. And Fumi even got a boyfriend during Mitsumi’s absence, Mitsumi’s reaction was very cute lol, and I guess she needs to catch up now.

And much like summer break in real life, it was over in a flash and it’s back to school, but at least Mitsumi got to see her new Tokyo friends again so all is not lost lol. And that final scene between Mitsumi and Shima was damn nice, it’s true that friends can drift apart sometimes but she was destined to not let that happen, and she even noticed Shima was feeling down too, that’s a true friend. And lastly, yes Takamine, I am vibing to the max lol.
May 30, 2023 5:50 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
You know I got a murder mystery vibe from this episode... it had a certain effect on me and gave me flash back of many Kindaichi cases I saw that started like this and then bodies were found.. Like a someone going back home to the countryside during the summer break and meeting up with childhood friends and then after the reunion and fun at the beach the Murders start..
Like higurashi and summertime render like vive..
@kihel I was talking about higurashi and countryside setting earlier...
I don't like summer settings in anime it's always a bit scary and very creepy
ryo-sanMay 31, 2023 12:49 AM

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Skip to Loafer Season 2 possibilty?

thermoquasi - Feb 29

24 by _Sanchay »»
Yesterday, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2023

134 by PokefanPT »»
Yesterday, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2023

132 by PokefanPT »»
May 22, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2023

160 by PokefanPT »»
May 22, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

230 by PochaccoX3 »»
Apr 22, 9:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.