Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 27, 2023 2:40 PM
Mar 2022
It's just BEAUTIFUL. So sweet and so good. Masterpiece. I've watched a lot of rom-coms but this is just pure diamond in the crown. A must for every fan. Anime of the season is an understatement. anime of the year. Lately I've been so moved by Kimi no na wa. 10/10
May 27, 2023 3:12 PM
Feb 2022
Why did Yamada whip out the calendar?
May 27, 2023 3:54 PM
Mar 2020
the anime its awful i cannot say this similar to other romance anime but this one kind look diffrent, the character and the story line make you enjoy to watching this anime, i cannot rating anime from other side but for me 9
May 27, 2023 4:13 PM
Mar 2021
Another great episode, the ost in those moments between ichikawa and yamada always hits hard
May 27, 2023 4:14 PM

Jan 2022
😭😭😭 Anna has finally defeated the dragon of denseness. And claimed her prize of a phone number.

😭😭😭 Holy moly, was this episode touching.They always pack so many touching scenes in every episode and build more emotion from the previous week. I hope the story takes the route that Anna has always cared for the MC since childhood to justify her forwardness because damn, even as an anime, it's rare to see a female lead play so offensively towards a love interest.

Aside from that, this has to be my vote for the best anime this season and at least the top five anime all year.

ps: someone should build a time machine that travels one week in the future, please.

edit: Is it me, or did Anna get shorter? her character model has always made her seem tall, but lately, compared to the MC, she doesn't tower over him more.
MariklynMay 27, 2023 4:35 PM
May 27, 2023 4:20 PM

May 2015
SO FUCKING ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant, its a 10! Its been a high 9 but this is now a 10. Its too precious! From her trying to get his Line at the beginning to her purposely forgetting to bring the manga so then she can meet up with him during break, its so cute! 

I have watched A LOT of cute anime in my time but this EASILY tops all of it. Every episode just keeps getting cuter and cuter! 
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 27, 2023 4:23 PM
May 2023
Honestly I keep getting impressed by this anime. EP 1 is weak but it progressively improves and it's not shy to show the romance progression between the two main characters. Every episode is a step forward and it's pretty satisfying that I might pick up the manga after this anime series end. 

Enjoyed this episode and I'm glad the playboy finally see the hint that Yamada isn't interested in him and more into Ichikawa. Poor Yamada friend though she seemed interested in the boy but pretty messed up that she's just being used in the end, Yamada a real one for spitting facts that he is trash 
May 27, 2023 4:25 PM

Jan 2022
Arkaniet said:
tinarek said:
Idk why the community in total gave it 7.4 right now (eps 9). This show is way better than most of romance anime

Multiple things factor into this. It's not on crunchyroll so it's an availability issues. And many people dropped it after the initial few episodes because well they though Ichikawa was a creep or something.

Now for the episode. It was great. We had to have a flashback to the line exchange because they shifted some chapters around and I guess they assumed people wouldn't remember if they didn't.

• Yamada going 100% on the prospect of having an acceptable situation to ask Kyo for his line without him being able to say no
  • Moe stealing Kyos first line contact exchange and Yamade going Yandere-mode
  • The Ishimuro-san thing where Yamada made sure to speak loud and towards Ichikawa so he would hear her say that there's nothing between them to put his anxiety at ease
  • Him finally checking what she wanted all along and her getting it and deciding to drop the exchange for now
  • Kyo reading Kimi-iro and not yet adding 1+1=2. I mean he even says something along the lines of her liking boys that are crass on the outside but with a soft shell but fails to reflect this exact thing about himself. Important part here is the scene with the page that says "I didn't say that I don't like it"
  • Yamada can't tell Chi that she's being used as bait because it would hurt her and that is a big no-can-do for her but she's struggling with it
  • Yamada going out of her way to tell the other girls off that she doesn't have a boyfriend but going an extra step by telling it directly to Kyo... the implications of that are once again lost on him
  • Her using this oportunity to get rid of the pushy senpai by showing her closeness with someone else to make him back off. She is, at that moment, not reflecting upon how that would make Kyo feel.
  • Kyo feels like he was used as bait and starts spiraling downward (hence the name of the episode) During the episode the murder book pops up a couple times. It's placement and prominence in shots is used to illustrate Kyos "Walls" to keep people away from him. In this case it shows his regression as a character. He feels like he opened up and was used again so he goes back into his shell. He proceeds to distance himself from yamada partially to protect himself... and partially to hurt her. He hasn't been to the library after school either
  • Yamada is picking up on this and is confronting Ichikawa (she is being quity pushy about this) and asks him if he's mad at her. Realizing how pushy she is she's taking a step back. Kyo attempts to bridge the gap but is unable to commit and gives up. But her crying and reaching for a bag of tissues (the same he laid out a couple episodes before btw. They have the message on them) makes him realize his mistake. Deep down he knew all along that Yamada isn't the kind of person that would use people like that. He realizes that he's fallen into an old pattern of his that he used to distance himself from things that he felt were unatainable. He gives a somewhat bullshit excuse about having stuff to do during lunch break (library meetups used to be after school I think) but Yamada is going in for a big "friendly" bear hug (How has the coin not dropped yet man...)
  • She apologized for the hug and there we have it his reply is "I didn't say that I don't like it" word for word from the manga. And they snuggle a little more where they have more privacy
  • No ending because the time was needed for the setup for the next episode (Love it when they do that)
  • Setup for family trip arc. They both loved the same arc in the manga with the timid slow buildup of a connection between the two leads. Yamada tells Kyo that she will bring the next volumes the next day
  • Yamada "intentionally" forgets the volumes but promises to bring them the next day... which is not a school day sooo Line exchange it is!!!
  • After the line exchange he says his first name which is Kyo. But Kyo also means today. So as a cover she follows up with something like. Not today I mean tomorrow. This gets lost in translation which is why I bring it up. Setup for Christmas Date is done
  • And the first good night text as well

Jampacked episode with maaaany great moments and I think one of the few "drama" arcs that the story contains (so far). Each weeks episode puts my heart in danger of bursting. I absolutely adore this show.

If I understand correctly, Yamada is playing chess. While Ishikawa is playing checkers. 🤔
May 27, 2023 4:29 PM
May 2014
Hiruuu_ said:
Nice Yamada!!

...got Kyo's LINE, will get to meet him too during Christmas break
Not just Christmas break. Specifically Christmas Eve. Claims she would bring the manga to class on Monday the 23rd. Happens to "forget" and asks to meet up the next day to give them which happens to be the 24th. She planned it!
May 27, 2023 4:31 PM

May 2014
I wanna hug Ichikawa too! Even though he has bad taste in anime girls! 

Yamada acts air-headed sometimes, but I'm sure a lot of it is planned. This time with forgetting to bring in the manga and the last time with wearing Ichikawa's shirt. It's nice to see a character being more open with their affection. 

May 27, 2023 4:32 PM
Jan 2022
man ichikawa's self-doubt moments really hurt this episode, but I'm glad he got through it in the end. good sign they were texting past midnight :)
May 27, 2023 4:36 PM
Apr 2017
Yo... Yamada running after Ichikawa was iconic there's no way it wasn't a reference to something or the other. I just couldn't stop smiling after a certain point. This is a fun show.
May 27, 2023 4:42 PM
Mar 2015
They cleared up the misunderstandings because she does really like him
May 27, 2023 4:50 PM
Oct 2022
dios mio cada episodio me esta gustando mas
May 27, 2023 5:06 PM
Jul 2022
Very sweet episode
May 27, 2023 5:11 PM
Aug 2020
How in the World this is so perfect. Not forced romance, feels natural. No confession at first episodes, not fall in love instant, slowly takes time. Interesting characters, funny and interesting situations, sweet and rare moments, animation, music, everything fits into one package. First episode forced people to drop but if u stick to it, its best romance this season.
May 27, 2023 5:23 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
I'll give a round of applause for how far they've gone. They're getting jealous of each other 👀 and that library scene tho. They had the perfect timing to fake it

The kabedon is beautiful, especially with the girl doing it. She feels like she's innocent with that hint of unknowing spice. Girl really just wants to get closer to him and he struggles to communicate

Once again round of applause. They hug it out 👀 it's amazing

If these two become a thing at the end of the show 🙏
May 27, 2023 5:42 PM

Aug 2014
Good observation by the MC, like "YOU BEATCH!!!! Dont use me to reject a guy"

Those Yamada tears were delicious
May 27, 2023 5:43 PM

May 2019
fancyjasper said:
I wanna hug Ichikawa too! Even though he has bad taste in anime girls! 

Yamada acts air-headed sometimes, but I'm sure a lot of it is planned. This time with forgetting to bring in the manga and the last time with wearing Ichikawa's shirt. It's nice to see a character being more open with their affection.
I completely agree that Yamada acts like an airhead but plans some things out (so she's like part airhead and part clever lol). Agreed with her "forgetting" to bring the manga to force a meetup on their break, that is clever, and yes with the t-shirt as well (I initially thought it was a mistake but the more I watched that episode I began to think she may have done that on purpose, and then she sniffed it...)

Anyways, I'm glad that they cleared up their misunderstandings and that Kyoutarou is slowly realizing that Anna is interested in him and not just using him. Btw, I really like his inner monologue, it's hilarious.
May 27, 2023 5:43 PM

Sep 2021
BEST EPISODE SO FAR. Character development and sweetness maxed at 1000%. 💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

The kabedon And hug really had the greatest impact here.
May 27, 2023 5:46 PM

Feb 2011
Absolute banger of an episode. I love this show, every episode has me feeling warm fuzzies, i was so happy when they started talking again after kyo came upon the idea that yamada was using him

it was sad for a minute there, and seeing her cry was sad too

solid ending though, this is such a gem

May 27, 2023 6:06 PM
Sep 2021
Efectivamente, eso es romance.
May 27, 2023 6:15 PM

Nov 2010
  • Through some events, another line between Yamada and Ichikawa was established.
  • Again, Miss boyfriend showed similar vibes to Ichikawa.
  • It turned out that Yamada kept the pocket tissue that Ichikawa gave in episode 3.
  • The actions Ichikawa took are typical examples to resolve "cognitive dissonance". He acted like the fox in this page.
May 27, 2023 6:27 PM

Feb 2014
Another episode and the same yadda yadda.
May 27, 2023 6:45 PM

Dec 2018
just as the show seemed to be stagnating and repetitive this bomb drops and i loved it. it seems like a lot happened in a short period of time even though it was building for a while.
May 27, 2023 7:00 PM

Apr 2022
back at it with the shoujo manga, hacks. i know the feeling of not getting to read enough.
she wasn't wrong tho, yamada is a she-giant.
well, i increased my rating from 1 to 2.
May 27, 2023 7:04 PM

Dec 2022
Another great episode
May 27, 2023 7:05 PM

Feb 2020
Ah yes, self doubt. Been there, done that my dude. Trusting people can be hard, thankfully the misunderstanding was dealt with quickly :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2023 7:15 PM
Feb 2019
Perfecto desde el principio hasta el final, me trae paz este anime.
May 27, 2023 7:28 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
This episode showed how long process they do to just share the line ids xd. Yamada on her underwear kinda be a good shit to close the episode even if the overall visual isnt really convincing this time, sadly.

But yeah i like the idea of Yamada being more aggresive and do some pushover so that Ichikawa can understand her intention better. Even though the outcome still make me wanna flip the table, but well, slow but sure, right? Need more popcorn to bring next, i guess...

Its also good to see that the final friend of Yamada gang also having the contact with Ichikawa, even though its cost Yamada some little jealousity over it. But well, its worth enough to the progress, right?

Let's see how well the winter break session coming for the next...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 27, 2023 7:35 PM

Jun 2010
Some interesting choices in the adaptation in this episode. Yamada asking for Kyoutarou's LINE address was actually all the way back in chapter 21, and where they actually exchange addresses as at the end of the episode here isn't until chapter 44! Kyoutarou did realize that Yamada wanted his address in the earlier chapter so it's odd it took so many chapters for it to finally happen so melding the two chapters was a good idea. There's also two seperate instances where "Pick-up Senpai" tries to get closer to Yamada; one where he baits Chii and another where he just goes away after trying to invite Yamada to play video games. Combining these two events made a lot of sense; it even tied together "senpai" using Chii with Kyoutarou fearing that Yamada was using him. It was clever to see this connection and add it to the story.

DavidM_27 said:

She was checking what day of the week Christmas Eve was; later she realizes she could trick him into setting up a date then by "forgetting" the manga. Christmas is a big holiday for lovers in Japan.
May 27, 2023 7:47 PM

Mar 2023
Not much to say other than it was super adorable. and honestly they are moving faster to a confession than most other romance slice of life animes ive seen which i can appreciate. although i doubt they will actually confess this season but it shows that they are getting closer to that point. anyways 10/10 once again
My Candys!

May 27, 2023 7:48 PM
Apr 2023
One of my favorite events in the manga finally animated too.
This is really one of the most emotional events in the series so far. This is really a big development for both of them, and also this is probably one of the major tugs on Yamada's heart, truly making her realize that Ichikawa is someone she cannot let hate her as a person, let alone, walk away from her life.

We only have 3 episodes left but I suppose the next events will be covering more major developments for them and probably cover until the end of their 2nd year in middle school.
May 27, 2023 8:15 PM

Jun 2010
I just realized that the series dated itself exactly; they had school on a Monday and the next day is Christmas Eve; this last time Christmas Eve was on a Tuesday was 2019. I guess this is a period piece!

tekkenshu7 said:
One of my favorite events in the manga finally animated too.

The "I hate Yamada" thing? I really liked how straightforward and brief it is. So many series would takes ages to resolve this.

tekkenshu7 said:
We only have 3 episodes left but I suppose the next events will be covering more major developments for them and probably cover until the end of their 2nd year in middle school.

The Japanese school year ends in March so it's probably not going to get that far since it's only late December.
May 27, 2023 8:28 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Ichikawa nearly took a thousand steps back from all the progress made in the show so far, but thankfully it was resolved rather quickly thanks to Yamada pretty much wearing her heart on her sleeve, and as a result we got that phenomenal moment between them and the entire scene afterwards as the credits rolled, love when that kind of thing happens lol. I also nearly missed that Yamada tried stealing Ichikawa’s bike before they parted ways, I had to rewind a bit because I was confused lol.

I also really loved the little argument between Yamada and Kobayashi, it seemed pretty realistic and was also thankfully quick and ended wholesomely, the “big stupid she-giant” got me lol. And Ichikawa and Yamada finally exchanged contact info, and wouldn’t you know it, they immediately stayed up past midnight texting each other, love it lol. And lastly I was surprised by the direct reference to Re:Zero with Ichikawa’s LINE pfp, kinda cool to see even though I still haven’t seen it lol.
May 27, 2023 8:59 PM

Jun 2020
They took one episode only for Line ID's exchange lol, what a progress.

Hey Ichikawa, the Rem pfp is cute xD I love it.

This scene living forever in my mind, I screamed when I watch it.

Ichikawa's self-doubt is so relatable... I know it's really hard to trust people and the feeling of afraid to gone too far about something.

Not gonna lie I almost cried when Yamada cry T_T also she uses the tissues that Ichikawa gave to her in library back then... They are really sweet.

The hugging scene is adorable... they adapted it really well.

Did Yamada trying to steal Ichikawa's bicycle at the credit scene? Lol girl I giggled.

I guess Yamada doesn't bring the next volume so she can asks his LINE ID xD Nice play.

Also their LINE chat. They are so silly indeed.

This anime is truly The Dangers in My Heart.
May 27, 2023 9:17 PM

Aug 2014
Now that was an amazing hug that Yamada gave to the MC in the end.  I bet none of us have ever had a girl (whos not family) hug us that way with such passion. 

Beautiful crying by Yamada. Really felt it. 

And I felt bad for the short girl best friend of Yamada; she was really looking forward to going on a date, but it was all for nothing. I hope she can find romance. 
oooo3333May 27, 2023 9:26 PM
May 27, 2023 9:20 PM

Oct 2010
Hehehe Yamada almost stole his bike. xD

Amazing chapter as always.
May 27, 2023 9:41 PM
Jan 2021
i love this anime from the music to the story
May 27, 2023 10:18 PM
Sep 2018
Curious mind wants to know who hated this episode
May 27, 2023 10:29 PM
Oct 2019
Hey that's my boy, he got Rem pfp.

But damn that hug though...
Too sweet, i might die from diabetes
May 27, 2023 10:49 PM
Apr 2023
Fronzel said:

tekkenshu7 said:

The Japanese school year ends in March so it's probably not going to get that far since it's only late December.
Yeah I just realized that the next events after their Christmas Eve date (this coming episode) might have too much content as well. It might really not reach that far by the way it is now paced.
May 27, 2023 10:54 PM
May 2022
Remember bwos, Overthinking is bad.
May 27, 2023 11:02 PM

Mar 2021
Fronzel said:
Some interesting choices in the adaptation in this episode. Yamada asking for Kyoutarou's LINE address was actually all the way back in chapter 21, and where they actually exchange addresses as at the end of the episode here isn't until chapter 44! Kyoutarou did realize that Yamada wanted his address in the earlier chapter so it's odd it took so many chapters for it to finally happen so melding the two chapters was a good idea. There's also two seperate instances where "Pick-up Senpai" tries to get closer to Yamada; one where he baits Chii and another where he just goes away after trying to invite Yamada to play video games. Combining these two events made a lot of sense; it even tied together "senpai" using Chii with Kyoutarou fearing that Yamada was using him. It was clever to see this connection and add it to the story.

DavidM_27 said:

She was checking what day of the week Christmas Eve was; later she realizes she could trick him into setting up a date then by "forgetting" the manga. Christmas is a big holiday for lovers in Japan.

Yes, this exactly. The way they have pieced together the various events from the early chapters has really revealed how much thought and care went into this adaptation. I was absolutely certain they would make sure the "Line" events would take place in the same episode, since the timing of the two chapters in the manga always struck me as odd. And the fact they tied in the Chi episode (Chi being used by Pickup-Senpai) to reenforce Ichikawa's assessment that he was being used was quite thematically adept. 

And not for nothing, besides the obvious conclusion that Ichikawa's Line avatar proves that he is a Re:Zero fan (completely based, in my opinion), the fact that he chose a character that parts her hair in the same way covering up her right eye is nothing less than hilarious. I just love everything about that.
May 28, 2023 12:04 AM

May 2018
Sajmanski said:
It's just BEAUTIFUL. So sweet and so good. Masterpiece. I've watched a lot of rom-coms but this is just pure diamond in the crown. A must for every fan. Anime of the season is an understatement. anime of the year. Lately I've been so moved by Kimi no na wa. 10/10
You got it absolutely right friend. This chapter, the end of it was a perfect, 10/10. The moment when she asked for the Line it was memorable, up there in my ranking with NHK ni Youkoso episode 8. 
May 28, 2023 12:11 AM
Oct 2022
Ishikawa already got the idea. Why is he still thinking about it like she was using her?.tbh this show is great.
May 28, 2023 12:41 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
"I was just looking for an excuse to hate her....."

damn. Also yes, Ram > Rem; fite me

the best part of each episode: "karte #"

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 28, 2023 1:00 AM

Nov 2007
kuroneko99 said:

• The actions Ichikawa took are typical examples to resolve "cognitive dissonance". He acted like the fox in this page.

OH I knew there was a proper word for it! Awesome learned something new today. Thanks!
May 28, 2023 1:19 AM
Oct 2021
Best romance anime ever
May 28, 2023 2:10 AM
Sep 2016
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

370 by Zoopiez »»
Yesterday, 2:44 PM

» The femal cast support the MC too fast?

passtur - Apr 15

23 by Zoopiez »»
Yesterday, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

255 by Zoopiez »»
Yesterday, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

121 by Playcool »»
Apr 28, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

280 by Playcool »»
Apr 28, 3:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.