Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2023 10:52 AM

Nov 2011
In a nutshell. The elf girl Elda gets a cell phone and gets overly curious and playful with it.

Tbh, this episode pretty much shows how a character of her personality and age reacts to receiving a new toy, or in this case a phone. Funny stuff. 
May 5, 2023 11:14 AM

Feb 2020
Elda needs a hug. She's just too cute with her hilarious personality. ^^

She liked her smartphone a little too much, haha.

Elda looked very stylish in Koito's coat.

And Koito looked cute in Elda's furisode. :)

SerafosMay 5, 2023 12:40 PM
May 5, 2023 11:39 AM

Apr 2016
I always wondered, so she's from an another world right, does Elda ever get some kind of home sick for her world ? And people she knew back there, or its so long for her that she's a full dweeb on, no care in the world.

And she should have kept the phone, completely new world of gambling gacha games would open to her.
May 5, 2023 12:30 PM

Mar 2021
I just love Elda she is just so adorable especially how excited she was able to use text messages and koito looked so adorable in Elda's furisode.

Reecey91May 6, 2023 2:08 AM
May 5, 2023 1:02 PM

Jul 2017
Hah, Elda is back to her old tricks convincing Koito to get her offerings, though it's up to the miko herself whether she wants to listen or not. But it's not working out, and having a smartphone would help Elda a lot and keep her modernized in check. Though back in the Edo days, things were a lot more physical with messengers, and now she has to learn how to use a smartphone to communicate with people, starting from Koito herself...which she may have created a frenzied monster with Elda sending out lots of texts. The audacity of Elda sending a text even in the wee hours of the morning when Koito is asleep, and she has to deal with it sooner or later. Elda's spirits came back, though to smite her for ignoring them, which thankfully solved the problem...that either way, Koito is always on the losing end.

Elda becoming a food-crazed nut that in the process, stained her outfit, while Koito's ew trenchcoat to try and stay trendy, doesn't suit her at all. The imagery of Elda's snacking producing 'blood", it gave Koito a momentary scare. That said, it's unkempt that Elda will always wear the same outfit, so trying the trenchcoat on, and with a bit of styling, she looks like a Paris model, though she deems herself unfit in clothes like these to even give Koito a kabedon. Even in the Edo days, clothing are also a way to show off the extravagance, so loopholes are placed in clothes like the Edo-komon to hide the designs in a good way. Elda finding out a similar outfit, and turns out she has one of them: the Takamimii Shrine's inter-generational furisode, that's a great fit for Koito.

Other than the obvious game console references, this episode is funny and enjoyable as always. May you grow into an adult faster, Koito.
May 5, 2023 1:03 PM

Feb 2007
Nice accidental kabedon. :D
May 5, 2023 1:26 PM

Feb 2019
Lol funny enough one of my favourite parts of this show is the mini history lessons elda gives us about feudal Japan and Japanese culture. Even with all the shrine maidens she’s had, you can tell she thinks Koito is special too. Love their relationship.

I gotta wonder tho, with her being from another world does she never miss it or try to go back?
May 5, 2023 3:33 PM

Jun 2016
This is the funniest show of the spring season, it's always a pleasure to watch every weekly episode, I adore it.
May 5, 2023 4:28 PM
Jan 2017
Another day of spoiled elf maintenance. Still, Elda is a sweetie. "It feels like a week's worth of daily calories." Her getting out that gorgeous furisode for Koito to wear was very thoughtful.

P.S.  The ED is so cool. Want to listen to that while cruising down a highway on a spring day. 
May 5, 2023 4:41 PM

Dec 2013
I always felt bad for the spirits but I'm glad to know they like to help and feel useful, thankfully Elda managed to stop with the smartphone before she descended into the gacha madness, I like a lot how everyone supports Koito and her passion with mature clothing but they are sincere that it doesn't fit her that well.
May 5, 2023 7:23 PM

Feb 2019
i understand why Elda said she didn't want Koito to grow up too soon. it's sad when you think about it since Elda's an immortal who has been around for 400 years; she has seen how many of her mikos come and go over the years, and i get the feeling that Koito's the most special to her out of all her previous mikos.
May 5, 2023 8:20 PM

May 2019
LeenPhoenixRae said:
i understand why Elda said she didn't want Koito to grow up too soon. it's sad when you think about it since Elda's an immortal who has been around for 400 years; she has seen how many of her mikos come and go over the years, and i get the feeling that Koito's the most special to her out of all her previous mikos.
Agreed, I felt that same way too. It's gotta be sad for Elda to have her mikos grow up and eventually pass away.

On a side note, I knew Koito was making a mistake by giving Elda a smartphone and I was right but luckily the spirits were able to convince Elda she didn't need a smartphone before Koito had to tell her to ease on the number of texts or find a way to get the smartphone back.
May 5, 2023 8:54 PM

Feb 2019
viperhc said:

On a side note, I knew Koito was making a mistake by giving Elda a smartphone and I was right but luckily the spirits were able to convince Elda she didn't need a smartphone before Koito had to tell her to ease on the number of texts or find a way to get the smartphone back.
Yup, it was a baaaaaaad idea from the start, but she needed to learn her lesson the hard way. And Koito was only thinking about Elda's spirits and how ragged she was running them lol But of course the spirits were miffed that Elda chose to relay on modern technology than on them, her tried, tested and proven true mode of communication concerning her mikos lol
May 6, 2023 5:21 AM
Sep 2021
Enjoyed the overall feel of the episode both the half's were good, had a good build-up, start and end.
May 6, 2023 11:10 PM
Apr 2023
It was nice Elda almost learned how to use a smartphone, but then she had the tendency to be a smartphone-junkie. Good thing she cares for her wisp/spirit so much that she decided to lay off the use of it and just take care of the spirit and avoid overusing it.

I just love how this anime suddenly inserts touching moments in the middle of comic scenes. Elda brings in memorabilia of Koito's lineage by handing over to her the miko furisode handed over from miko to miko. We see the real soft side of Elda this time, as she reminisced her time with Koito's predecessors, wishing for Koito not to grow up too quickly.
Maybe the other reason Elda became a shut-in/hikikomori is that somehow she is always saddened to see her friends (specially the mikos assigned to her) going away (i.e. passing away) as time flows, making her feeling a bit more lonely, making her compensate by living like an otaku instead.

Anyway, this has been another fun and informative episode. I really love how they always showcase historical information of feudal japan and their way of life back then.
May 7, 2023 12:19 AM

Mar 2008
Imagine carrying a message on foot that just happens to be nothing but bad puns lol

Be warned. I sometimes text that way when bored and lonely.

tekkenshu7 said:
Maybe the other reason Elda became a shut-in/hikikomori is that somehow she is always saddened to see her friends (specially the mikos assigned to her) going away (i.e. passing away) as time flows, making her feeling a bit more lonely, making her compensate by living like an otaku instead.

She tries not to get close to people because they will die. She doesn't like going out a lot because the scenery and everything changes so she doesnt want to get too used to the way it is is how i take it. Having all these little hobbies is just a way to maintain a sense of stability because these things can last (well in grand scale not really since they can decay too but dont tell Elda that)
May 7, 2023 3:28 AM
Sep 2018
Damn, the homely and warm feelings this anime gives is just too strong for me!

Really love Elda's 'Don't rush into becoming an adult' line near the end; truer words have never been spoken.
May 7, 2023 3:39 AM
Feb 2022
funny show me like
May 7, 2023 5:25 AM

Oct 2008
Indeed Elda is really beautiful especially on some specific outfits!!
Elda got addicted with smafo just like a modernday kid easily gets addicted with smafo even before entering kindergarted! kids these days...oh well...
oh w0w! that was truly elegant and beautiful pattern! The Takamimi Shrine's miko furisode, in which passed down through generations!
5/5.

May 7, 2023 2:10 PM

Sep 2020
I like how she used the same trick as the last episode with the voice asking her to do things. And she is obviously going to be addicted to phones when first using them.
May 8, 2023 12:45 PM

Apr 2012
irisout said:
Koito gay as hell, love her

Ami Koshimizu is such a splendid seiyuu. She brings the pathetic cuteness and the MILFness to this character with such esteem
Is there anything in our modern world that zoomers can't call gay? Seriously, she literally found Elda very moe-ish in this position.

Joking aside, I find it amusing how this show can be both modernly relatable and historically informative.
May 8, 2023 5:50 PM

Apr 2012
irisout said:
RobertBobert said:
Is there anything in our modern world that zoomers can't call gay? Seriously, she literally found Elda very moe-ish in this position.

Joking aside, I find it amusing how this show can be both modernly relatable and historically informative.
Everything is gay, but especially anime girls
To me, zoomers who don't know other than gay human relationships are the gayest of anything.
May 12, 2023 7:44 PM

Oct 2017
Ofc Elda got addicted using a smartphone. She looked cool wearing trenchcoat.
May 13, 2023 4:25 AM

Nov 2013
Yeah, keep her away from Smartphones, from Twitter and Facebook too.

Elda is right. There's no reason for kids (Koito) to try to become adults fast. Enjoy being a kid while it lasts, you'll certainly miss those days.
May 30, 2023 3:03 PM

Nov 2016
Elda is one hell of a spoiled brat and smartphone made her all the worse. Fortunately for her she gets a pass for being ridiculously cute on top of having model qualities.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 31, 2023 1:32 PM
May 2020
Incredible to see Elda with a mobile, although it was seen from afar that it wasn´t going to be a good change. Elda looked soooo good in that coat.
Jun 16, 2023 4:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Of course she would be even more annoying with a smartphone ahaha. The fashion part was good
Aug 13, 2023 12:30 PM

Oct 2022
Wholesome episode. Elda becoming and ending as smartphone monster. Koito kabe don. Elda's worriness regarding about koito growing up so fast. Definitely wholesome.
Nov 28, 2023 7:14 AM
Apr 2014
this anime is nice, but stupid af

More topics from this board

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2023

38 by tunaworks »»
Apr 25, 10:39 AM

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2023

35 by SouthRzVa »»
Feb 10, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2023

53 by gophercg »»
Jan 6, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2023

87 by MISSed_Bandwagon »»
Oct 21, 2023 12:42 PM

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2023

30 by fathandz »»
Sep 24, 2023 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.