Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 8, 2023 9:12 AM

Jun 2016
what a pretty elf mommy looks like and her character  neet !!

this will be good enough ...
Apr 8, 2023 9:12 AM

Nov 2009
This was surprisingly nice.
Pretty high quality visuals, unique ED, and the OP is decent too.
Apr 8, 2023 11:43 AM
Feb 2015
Oh boiiiiiii this one's gonna be one of the ones I look forward to most each week, and I'm pretty sure Red Bull sponsors this I mean, look at that large ass product placement 😂
This one's gonna have a lot of amusing moments as well as heartwarming ones too, it's gonna be a real fun time with this one plus one filled with wonderful facial expressions heheheh
Apr 8, 2023 1:14 PM

Feb 2018
Went into this not really sure what to expect, but was surprised and actually enjoyed it.
Didn't realise an otaku elf is what I needed!
Apr 8, 2023 1:48 PM

May 2021
Pretty good first episode. I got to say that Elda looks great.

[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Apr 8, 2023 3:33 PM

Dec 2018
She called her girlfriend "my Miko" and that she was going to be with her forever. I love the cute Yuri vibes between them 

When Miko was talking to her classmate. She mentioned a lot of things she wanted in her life. But she said nothing about boys or boyfriends. I think she doesn't like boys and wanna marry her elf girlfriend in the future. She even asked Miko " You want that lady in white you admire to see you right?" and Miko start to blush like crazy in response. I consider that as proof that she is my little lesbian and is in love with Elda 💕   

Ofc she gave her a massage at the end =P Lesbians finding excuses to touch each other,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Also the way they look at each other =) They are so gay for each other💕💕

Strong Yuri vibes and no males to spoil my fun, I enjoyed the first episode 

Yuri-CrusaderApr 8, 2023 3:45 PM
Apr 8, 2023 7:43 PM
Aug 2021
very cute show. very very cute.
solid 10 for first episode.
Cabbage_CatApr 8, 2023 8:02 PM
Apr 8, 2023 7:49 PM

Jun 2013
Red Bull sponsorship lol
Apr 9, 2023 1:38 AM

Oct 2022
Very funny first episode. :) I love the main characters.
Apr 9, 2023 1:40 AM

Apr 2016
Yuri-Crusader said:
She called her girlfriend "my Miko" and that she was going to be with her forever. I love the cute Yuri vibes between them 

When Miko was talking to her classmate. She mentioned a lot of things she wanted in her life. But she said nothing about boys or boyfriends. I think she doesn't like boys and wanna marry her elf girlfriend in the future. She even asked Miko " You want that lady in white you admire to see you right?" and Miko start to blush like crazy in response. I consider that as proof that she is my little lesbian and is in love with Elda 💕   

Ofc she gave her a massage at the end =P Lesbians finding excuses to touch each other,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

You know the girl is in high school right ? 
Apr 9, 2023 2:17 AM

Dec 2018
Swagernator said:
Yuri-Crusader said:

You know the girl is in high school right ? 
So? Most anime girls are in high school Lol. They are in high school in Sakura Trick as well but that doesn't stop them =P A majority of Yuri have females in that age group. I also love age differences and interspecies relationships when it comes to my lesbian ships

If this or my lesbian speculations trigger you, Please use the ignore function  =) 
Yuri-CrusaderApr 9, 2023 4:01 AM
Apr 9, 2023 3:58 AM

Jan 2019
Looks promising or like Umaru-chan :b
Apr 9, 2023 5:35 AM

Nov 2013
Lovely first episode.

ED was great too.

This feels sad though. Elf has seen how many generations? 5-6 maybe? Her mental health must be f'd up! Can't blame her for becoming a shut-in and drowning her sorrow (likely) with games and manga. Immortality can be a curse when you're the only immortal around.
Apr 9, 2023 6:54 AM
Apr 2022
an otaku elf that gives ara ara vibes. sign me up
Apr 9, 2023 7:51 AM
Oct 2019
I feel ya Elda, being alone is very calming, especially if you can do your silly hobby.
Apr 9, 2023 8:04 AM

Oct 2008
Another adorable show is an auto follow and thumbs-up for me! NEET elf huh...i hope they don't run out of any ideas...
5/5.

Apr 9, 2023 1:24 PM
Oct 2022
A great episode and a good story!
The design of the characters and their personalities well done.
Apr 9, 2023 7:20 PM
Yuri is Life

Dec 2022
I wasn’t expecting to enjoy the first episode, though. Elda’s giving justice to those introverted otakus. She’s a shut-in because of her ears. LOL. And her reactions are so adorable.
Koito’s trying hard to look like an adult but recognizing it doesn’t look right on her is so cute.
They’re too cute! Definitely looking forward to this.
Apr 9, 2023 7:56 PM

Feb 2021
One of my most anticipated anime of the season and the first episode doesn't disappoint! C2C is on a roll providing us with good anime back to back. 

I can't believe Elda has the same voice actress as Matoi Ryuko, I would have never guessed in a million years. OP and ED slap hard. 
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 9, 2023 10:49 PM
Jan 2021
this is it chief, AOTS for sure
Apr 10, 2023 3:10 AM

Nov 2014
The thing about immortal lobsters is a myth. There are immortal jellyfishes though.

Anyway, I like it. Super relaxing and quite fun. I wonder if they are going to go further with the topic of long life and the world changing.
Apr 10, 2023 8:58 AM

Jan 2017
Quite a nice start but is Red Bull now sponsoring anime production?

Also loved that EP with the real Elda room mixed with animated characters (and even more Red Bull closeup shoots)
Apr 10, 2023 9:39 AM

Sep 2020
Interesting premise, has a similar vibe to Gabriel dropout, there's appears to be heavy story behind why she doesn't want to go out.
Apr 10, 2023 10:38 AM
Feb 2014
Probably 3 episodes rule for me with this one. Not bad just ehh
Apr 10, 2023 4:23 PM

Sep 2021
This was so sweet! A great balance between comedy and serious thoughts and I'm already hooked on the main characters! I like the artstyle too, looks very clean and pretty. 

I think this will be a very nice show to smile and relax. Just like a good Comedy/SoL should be. 

Apr 12, 2023 3:44 AM
May 2020
I really liked this first episode, it was fun. Elda is very cute and she is also very "mood". I suppose they will mention things about Japanese history (which I love), for starters they have mentioned the first Shogun. I really like animation.
Apr 12, 2023 10:16 AM

May 2009
Elf in potato form looks like her
Apr 13, 2023 1:15 AM

Jul 2010
Finally! This advertisement about an Elf has done its job! I still remember watching a new Shaman, between shots an advertisement for a manga about this lady, and so 50 episodes in a row. So far, good graphics, interest in further events and a funny concept of the world. Oh, what a joke about Red bull scoring!
May be some anime?
Apr 14, 2023 7:18 AM
Oct 2021
Before writing, I'm gonna tell you guys something: I didn't plan to watch this anime before.

I tried this anime just because of it's OP by Nanawo Akari, and the tune just mesmerised me. Before this, another song, One Room Sugar Life, OP for Happy Sugar Life, had me.

Now about the anime. It's all about a 16 yo girl who just became a shrine maiden for the Takamimi Shrine and her chemistry with the shrine goddess, who is actually a 600+ yo elf nicknamed Elda. Just because she was picked on once by a "brat" for her long ears, she went NEET, playing games and reading manga. Even then the neighborhood people seem to like her a lot (she's a goddess after all).

Now it's all to see how it goes.
Apr 14, 2023 9:40 PM

Oct 2016
This episode was presented to you by: Red Bull
Apr 16, 2023 8:38 AM

Oct 2016
imagine Elda has a standee on Red Bull Racing Paddock kek

Apr 28, 2023 8:35 PM
Apr 2023
Usually I'm not into this genre of anime but after watching this I think it's very good and definitely I underestimated it
Apr 28, 2023 8:36 PM
Apr 2023
Usually I'm not into this genre of anime but after watching this I think it's very good and definitely I underestimated it
Jun 10, 2023 11:24 AM

Nov 2009
It's an interesting series.

But what I am really wondering is... if MC's a fulltime Miko and schooler and the Elf is a shut-in...

How exactly are they getting all those money to buy bunch of Otaku stuff?

The figurines alone costs between 100~300 USD each...

Plus... some "offerings" apparently cost 1000+ USD... are they literally just scamming people? LOL

Since the Elf herself literally said she doesn't actually have any divine power to help people. But she can send "voices" into people's head... which means she could make it seem like the "gods" wants the people to "give" stuff to the Shrine.

Is this how real life Shrines make money?... this is even more shady practice than the Christian and Catholic church that gets people's money as donations into the Pastor's pocket... lol
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 15, 2023 9:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A hikikomori elf and a high school priestess that's a funny combination, especially since she ends up being the one from her backstory that looked so cool while she's actually just a geek xD Is this show sponsored by redbull though, seriously xD
Jul 2, 2023 9:54 AM

Jul 2015
Great visuals and plot in a way feels reminiscent to Himouto Umaru, only we're dealing here with a beautiful isekaied NEET Elf instead of a lazy little sister which is already a big W in my book.
Got to say, having an immortal lifespan seems dreadful to me, let alone being transported to another world where you're the only one that can life that long.

Aug 21, 2023 7:25 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Here I am once again returning to spring of this year to hit a show I really wanted to watch but couldn’t fit it on the list, and yeah this episode immediately had me regretting not picking it lol, it was very nice. Koito and Elda (Zelda reference?) have a good dynamic so far, I actually wasn’t expecting them to have a fight this early too lol, and they even went and unraveled Koito’s mysterious woman in white mystery, I was thinking this would be a thing that dragged on the whole show but we already know it was Elda lol, I immediately figured it was her too when they first showed that flashback.

And needless to say that Elda is very funny and relatable, really enjoyed her bits where she was being an otaku, it’s in the name of the show after all lol, I wonder if Koito will ever share in her hobbies alongside trying to get her outside more. And the OP and ED were both very nice, always love hearing a Akari Nanawo song in anime, and that ED was a jam with some very nice looking visuals. Definitely glad to finally be hitting this show, I even heard from a friend how good it is so I’m looking forward to the rest! It’s also another show by C2C that I missed as it aired but have come back to, since I just finished Handyman Saitou lol.
TheColonel76Aug 21, 2023 7:39 PM
Oct 21, 2023 12:42 PM
Apr 2018
I saw episode 1 at Miryokucon and I think its a wonderful anime to introduce to new fans and a relaxing respite from high octane shounen for existing ones.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2023

38 by tunaworks »»
Apr 25, 10:39 AM

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2023

35 by SouthRzVa »»
Feb 10, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2023

53 by gophercg »»
Jan 6, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5, 2023

28 by Sigford »»
Nov 28, 2023 7:14 AM

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2023

30 by fathandz »»
Sep 24, 2023 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.