Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 6, 2023 3:36 PM
Jul 2022
Hey guys!! So I just started watching Naruto (I know I know blasphemy) but I wanted to watch Shippuden so I obviously had to watch this first.. It took me a minute to get into it because I found it somewhat dated.. And Naruto CONSTANTLY yelling was super annoying.. However I was finally able to get into the show but I can't get past one thing.. Or one person rather and that's Sakura.. Am I the only one that finds her insufferable?? She's either pining over Saske incessantly, being a know it all, or not contributing to fights.. Seriously all she seems to do is yell for Saske or Naruto in every fight! I'm only 33 episodes in so maybe this changes.. Does she? Does she eventually become a better written character?? Because she's making it hard for me to watch..I didn't lable this spoiler as I didn't give away any story specifics or plot points... Thanks for the help in advance!
Apr 6, 2023 3:40 PM

Jan 2013
Kishimoto is bad at writing female characters, (he's said so himself) so no, Sakura doesn't improve that much throughout Part 1 and Shippuden. But yeah, her obsession with Sasuke will always be there if that's what you wanna know. 

I personally like her. I feel like she's overhated.
Apr 6, 2023 3:46 PM
Jul 2022
Klad said:
Kishimoto is bad at writing female characters, (he's said so himself) so no, Sakura doesn't improve that much throughout Part 1 and Shippuden. But yeah, her obsession with Sasuke will always be there if that's what you wanna know. 

thanks Klad... but it's not JUST her obsession with Saske, it's everything combined..I haven't seen her contribute much by way of fighting skills either so I don't see what purpose she serves... she just sems to be there just to be annoying... and this continues throughout Shippuden as well??? ugh 😩..u said u don't agree with the amount of here that she gets.. why is that? what purpose do u see that she serves?
Apr 6, 2023 3:49 PM

Apr 2016
Well, I HATED Sakura when I was watching the part you are watching, and I have good news:
She never will become a great character, but she will be better indeed. I don't hate her at this rate (I haven't finished the first half of Shippuden)
Apr 6, 2023 3:52 PM

Jan 2021
Sakura does NOT get better she has maybe ONE moment in shippuden which was kind of cool (which wasn't even something she did alone) she gets slightly more tolerable in shippuden but she is still trash. Sakura is a failure of a character and is the prime example on how to not write a female character the female LEAD no less.
Apr 6, 2023 4:00 PM

Jan 2013
DragonLioness23 said:
Klad said:

thanks Klad... but it's not JUST her obsession with Saske, it's everything combined..I haven't seen her contribute much by way of fighting skills either so I don't see what purpose she serves... she just sems to be there just to be annoying... and this continues throughout Shippuden as well??? ugh 😩..u said u don't agree with the amount of here that she gets.. why is that? what purpose do u see that she serves?
It's basically become a saying or an unwritten rule that "Sakura is useless", and I don't agree with that. I don't wanna spoil much, but she does get stronger and plays big roles in future fights. 

I think the hate from people mainly comes from Sakura falling short of expectations of being a female main character. That's all I can say without spoiling 
Apr 6, 2023 4:01 PM
Jan 2020
Sakura is poorly written throughout the majority of the series but she becomes slightly mature in Shippuden although she still is only left majorly as a side character. There was only one great scene in the first part of Naruto I liked but she is very annoying for a good amount of time. Also if you want, you can skip a majority of the filler as og Naruto has some of the worst. Shippuden has some decent ones tho.
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Apr 6, 2023 4:17 PM
Jul 2022
wow... thanks everyone for your opinions!! it's really disappointing because from what pretty much everyone has said is that she doesn't seem to really evolve much as a character which is REALLY disappointing because I TRULY can't stand her currently... and it sucks that she remains this way even during Shippuden
Apr 6, 2023 4:19 PM

Oct 2012
DragonLioness23 said:
Hey guys!! So I just started watching Naruto (I know I know blasphemy) but I wanted to watch Shippuden so I obviously had to watch this first.. It took me a minute to get into it because I found it somewhat dated.. And Naruto CONSTANTLY yelling was super annoying.. However I was finally able to get into the show but I can't get past one thing.. Or one person rather and that's Sakura.. Am I the only one that finds her insufferable?? She's either pining over Saske incessantly, being a know it all, or not contributing to fights.. Seriously all she seems to do is yell for Saske or Naruto in every fight! I'm only 33 episodes in so maybe this changes.. Does she? Does she eventually become a better written character?? Because she's making it hard for me to watch..I didn't lable this spoiler as I didn't give away any story specifics or plot points... Thanks for the help in advance!

She stops eventually... by the end of Shippuden. Then again, she's not the only useless character but she's an annoying one. And most characters are a jumbled mess with a sad backstory. That's Naruto series in a nutshell.
[ Insert signature here ]
Apr 6, 2023 4:21 PM
Dec 2021
Klad said:

There are better well written female characters out there
Apr 6, 2023 4:23 PM

Jan 2020
I never liked Sakura. Her annoying personality outweighs any good she shows in Shippuuden. I can’t understand why she’s so popular in Japan.
Apr 6, 2023 4:26 PM
Jul 2022
dohani said:
DragonLioness23 said:

She stops eventually... by the end of Shippuden. Then again, she's not the only useless character but she's an annoying one. And most characters are a jumbled mess with a sad backstory. That's Naruto series in a nutshell.

lol yeah I kinda agree with u..I mean if I'm being honest Naruto himself is pretty annoying.. and now that I'm watching it I see now why Black Clover gets so much hate because it's clearly at the bare minimum INSPIRED by Naruto and i know how possessive we anime heads can be when it comes to the shows that we love... that being said, at least Naruto can fight..I don't see that Sakura provides anything other than being smart apparently... I mean yes a lot of the characters are annoying but she's unbearable to me.. and yes I think it's also due to her being a female lead
Apr 6, 2023 4:27 PM
Jul 2022
Animillion said:
I never liked Sakura. Her annoying personality outweighs any good she shows in Shippuuden. I can’t understand why she’s so popular in Japan.

she's popular in Japan??? hmmmmm... that's..... interesting 🤔🤔🤔
Apr 6, 2023 4:29 PM

Jan 2020
DragonLioness23 said:
Animillion said:

I was shocked too. Too many tsundere simps out there it seems, except Sakura is just straight up abusive towards Naruto and doesn’t even like him 🤷🏽‍♂️
On a similar note, Noelle from Black Clover is also the most popular character in the series, so it’s definitely a trend there
Apr 6, 2023 4:34 PM
Jul 2022
Animillion said:
DragonLioness23 said:

I was shocked too. Too many tsundere simps out there it seems, except Sakura is just straight up abusive towards Naruto and doesn’t even like him 🤷🏽‍♂️
On a similar note, Noelle from Black Clover is also the most popular character in the series, so it’s definitely a trend there

straight up abusive is RIGHT!!! OMG like he can annoy me sometimes but he's so selfless.. but Sakura acts like such a BITCH towards him like ALL THE TIME... that's another thing I don't like about her... just EVERYTHING about her is insufferable
Apr 6, 2023 4:35 PM
Jul 2022
Animillion said:
DragonLioness23 said:

OMG I just noticed what u said about Noelle...I really can't stand her either!! but not as bad as Sakura...I mean at least she can fight...I see what she brings to the table
Apr 6, 2023 4:38 PM

Jan 2020
DragonLioness23 said:
Animillion said:

OMG I just noticed what u said about Noelle...I really can't stand her either!! but not as bad as Sakura...I mean at least she can fight...I see what she brings to the table

Lol, yea at least Noelle is useful and likes the guy unlike Sakura. I just don’t get why Japan seems to love abusive female characters though
Apr 6, 2023 4:40 PM
Jul 2022
Animillion said:
DragonLioness23 said:

Lol, yea at least Noelle is useful and likes the guy unlike Sakura. I just don’t get why Japan seems to love abusive female characters though

I don't either!!! lol
Apr 6, 2023 4:57 PM

Oct 2012
DragonLioness23 said:
dohani said:

lol yeah I kinda agree with u..I mean if I'm being honest Naruto himself is pretty annoying.. and now that I'm watching it I see now why Black Clover gets so much hate because it's clearly at the bare minimum INSPIRED by Naruto and i know how possessive we anime heads can be when it comes to the shows that we love... that being said, at least Naruto can fight..I don't see that Sakura provides anything other than being smart apparently... I mean yes a lot of the characters are annoying but she's unbearable to me.. and yes I think it's also due to her being a female lead

I also dislike Black Clover to bits. The characters are just as shallow and Asta never ceases being annoying.
And yes, Sakura would be bad enough as that side barely on screen character, but she's a lead and that's just unacceptable.
I also only watched Naruto recently. Considering I'm no shounen, it was a sour experience. Too much time invested in something so mid, imo.
But if you think you got it bad, I've just began watching Bleach this week. XD
Apr 6, 2023 5:08 PM
Jul 2022
dohani said:
DragonLioness23 said:

I also dislike Black Clover to bits. The characters are just as shallow and Asta never ceases being annoying.
And yes, Sakura would be bad enough as that side barely on screen character, but she's a lead and that's just unacceptable.
I also only watched Naruto recently. Considering I'm no shounen, it was a sour experience. Too much time invested in something so mid, imo.
But if you think you got it bad, I've just began watching Bleach this week. XD

right... exactly.. the fact that she's a main character is BEYOND frustrating... like it's no excuse...I was really hoping that u guys was going to say she gets better but it really sucks that she apparently doesn't... and yes...ASTA annoys me TO NO END.. the guys talks in all caps ALL THE TIME 😂😂.. but wait...u don't like Bleach????😳😳
Apr 6, 2023 5:18 PM

Apr 2022
sakura can be extremely annoying and straight up rude sometimes, but (i guess) it could help to keep on your mind that they are all children, so the immaturity and cringey behavior is kind of inevitable 🤷🏻‍♀️
Apr 6, 2023 5:19 PM
Jul 2022
beakock said:
sakura can be extremely annoying and straight up rude sometimes, but (i guess) it could help to keep on your mind that they are all children, so the immaturity and cringey behavior is kind of inevitable 🤷🏻‍♀️

that's a fair point!
Apr 6, 2023 5:28 PM
Apr 2020
No she doesn't . She still remains as selfish as ever .The only thing that improves is her strength mentality she was a brat till the very end .
I partly blame author for doing her dirty
Apr 6, 2023 5:43 PM
Jun 2021
DragonLioness23 said:

Sakura is majorly overhated bro, she doesn’t change much in og Naruto but in shippuden she puts in major work in fights so it’s really a question of if you can get over that feeling by the time shippuden comes around for you.
Apr 6, 2023 5:52 PM
Jul 2022
Trapx1011 said:
DragonLioness23 said:

Sakura is majorly overhated bro, she doesn’t change much in og Naruto but in shippuden she puts in major work in fights so it’s really a question of if you can get over that feeling by the time shippuden comes around for you.

I really hope that's true ..I mean... Naruto has over 200 episodes so it's frustrating that it takes her to Shippuden to change it up but that's something to look forward to I guess 🤷🏾‍♀️
Apr 6, 2023 6:03 PM
Apr 2022
Yes I'm , love this show
Apr 6, 2023 6:29 PM
Sep 2021
DragonLioness23 said:

She does change, which is to say, she has comparatively less room for being annoying as the story progresses. Don't let her hold you back from enjoying the show though, she does become slightly more useful later on, if that's what you wanted to hear.
Apr 6, 2023 6:32 PM
Jul 2022
indra_666 said:
DragonLioness23 said:

She does change, which is to say, she has comparatively less room for being annoying as the story progresses. Don't let her hold you back from enjoying the show though, she does become slightly more useful later on, if that's what you wanted to hear.

that's something I guess ..I will definitely try!
Apr 6, 2023 7:06 PM

Dec 2021
sakura hasn't changed at all except in boruto
"Tits don't make the woman. It's the ass." - Darx
Apr 6, 2023 7:27 PM
Jul 2018
You're not the only one. And rewatching Naruto again as an adult, I see no nuance in her younger self. People always want to make the excuse of Sakura being a kid. But that doesn't stop people from finding Naruto annoying. She does become more independent and better in her battle capabilities in Shippuden. But, unfortunately, she doesn't grow out of her feelings for Sasuke.
removed-userApr 6, 2023 7:32 PM
Apr 6, 2023 10:45 PM
Jul 2019
Besides that
SKIP.THE.FILLERS
Apr 7, 2023 12:40 AM
Nov 2013
Sakura definitely gets better, she becomes way more useful and powerful and she becomes more matuee as the series goes on. i'm surprised how people say she doesn't, hating her clouds their judgement i guess haha

I didn't like Sakura at first but i think that she is very misunderstood and overhated.
She is one of the most realistic characters imo. Her weakness and behavior at the beginning make sense narratively as she is a spoiled girl who was raised by her doting parents who aren't even ninja so she didn't understand what naruto and sasuke went through, and in her perspective naruto in the beginning was just the clown of the class who interferes whenever she gets close to sasuke and always picks fights with sasuke. However, she witnessed naruto's strong will and determination, how he works hard to make people acknowledge him and to become hokage, how he sacrifices himself for his friends...etc and everytime she understood him more and more until they became very close friends.
In the chunin exams, she was about to drop out of the exam just for Naruto's sake (because they were told that if their answer is wrong they'll stay genins for ever) and ever since she supported naruto a lot and did a lot for him especially in shippuden

Her lack of power is totally understandable too since she isn't from a ninja clan like most of the other characters so she had no training before the academy . She also didn't have a goal so she had no reason to train regularly like naruto,sasuke,lee...
But when she became a genin and faced many dangers she acknowledged her weakness and she hated herself for being a burden. She started wanting to become stronger, and even more when a certain event happened at the end of part 1, where she had now a goal , that's when she started training seriously and she became strong.
Even when she was weak in the first part she was ready to die to defend naruto and sasuke in the chunin exams

She could've been written as a more likable character but i think that she is well written overall.
Apr 7, 2023 1:52 AM
Jul 2022
Oussema said:
Sakura definitely gets better, she becomes way more useful and powerful and she becomes more matuee as the series goes on. i'm surprised how people say she doesn't, hating her clouds their judgement i guess haha

I didn't like Sakura at first but i think that she is very misunderstood and overhated.
She is one of the most realistic characters imo. Her weakness and behavior at the beginning make sense narratively as she is a spoiled girl who was raised by her doting parents who aren't even ninja so she didn't understand what naruto and sasuke went through, and in her perspective naruto in the beginning was just the clown of the class who interferes whenever she gets close to sasuke and always picks fights with sasuke. However, she witnessed naruto's strong will and determination, how he works hard to make people acknowledge him and to become hokage, how he sacrifices himself for his friends...etc and everytime she understood him more and more until they became very close friends.
In the chunin exams, she was about to drop out of the exam just for Naruto's sake (because they were told that if their answer is wrong they'll stay genins for ever) and ever since she supported naruto a lot and did a lot for him especially in shippuden

Her lack of power is totally understandable too since she isn't from a ninja clan like most of the other characters so she had no training before the academy . She also didn't have a goal so she had no reason to train regularly like naruto,sasuke,lee...
But when she became a genin and faced many dangers she acknowledged her weakness and she hated herself for being a burden. She started wanting to become stronger, and even more when a certain event happened at the end of part 1, where she had now a goal , that's when she started training seriously and she became strong.
Even when she was weak in the first part she was ready to die to defend naruto and sasuke in the chunin exams

She could've been written as a more likable character but i think that she is well written overall.

hmmmmm.... well that definitely gives me hope for the rest of the series...u bring up some good points... hopefully her character actually evolves... as it stands now (I'm at episode 54) she's simply annoying... however I have noticed that she seems to be nicer to Naruto now... thank you!
Apr 7, 2023 2:35 AM
Dec 2021
DragonLioness23 said:

I mean there will also be arcs without her so you should keep watching
Apr 7, 2023 4:10 AM

Oct 2012
DragonLioness23 said:
right... exactly.. the fact that she's a main character is BEYOND frustrating... like it's no excuse...I was really hoping that u guys was going to say she gets better but it really sucks that she apparently doesn't... and yes...ASTA annoys me TO NO END.. the guys talks in all caps ALL THE TIME 😂😂.. but wait...u don't like Bleach????😳😳

LOL Yeah, "all caps" sums it up alright. But what annoys me is that he always gets stronger but never any more mature. The last fight alongside Yame was very nice and all, and then it ends like... ??????? I was so frustrated because I pushed it to end the damn thing and it didn't effing end. B(
And no, I didn't say I dislike Bleach! lol It's entertaining. I meant that I've only started watching it now and I THOUGHT it was much older than Naruto but I was mistaken, lol. Guess I never really paid attention to Naruto. Always seem to think it's from 10 years ago or something.
Apr 7, 2023 5:59 AM
Jan 2023
I don’t like she🙄
Apr 7, 2023 9:06 AM
Mar 2023
Later in Shippuden Sakura is going to get a huge power buff but still she will remain useless as she is in naruto.
Sakura is the strongest worthless character in any anime
Apr 7, 2023 10:14 AM
May 2022
She becomes less annoying- not as obsessed w sasuke as she is in the beginning and she does get stronger (but not as strong as naruto and sasuke- which is why I like her.
Apr 7, 2023 11:32 AM
Mar 2022
Klad said:

Warning: huge SPOILERS ahead (for those who don't want any)

I as a woman hate Sakura. She is a terrible model to young women and her obsession is very toxic. Sasuke emotionally abuses Sakura all the time and she thinks it's okay and sometimes even cool. No. As a person with a background of emotional abuse (done by my ex) I can't bear it. And what makes it even worse is that Sasuke and Sakura get together in the end. NO NO NO. It gives the impression that emotional abuse is okay.
This is super small rant about this only because I don't have the energy to write it again and again, but I could really write an essay of this topic. I probably should so I could link it here every time I see discussion about Sakura.
Sakura is not good character in any way. It's not what we girls needed nor wanted.
Apr 7, 2023 3:59 PM
Nov 2021
she was the absolute worst character in naruto, but unlike most people here, i think she really improved in shippuden, fight wise she is more skill (tho doesn't have much fights, but the ones she do have are great) and personality wise i find her way less insuffrable and annoying, she still goes after sasuke but it's a lot less present and i find her freindship with naruto really nice, since she finally act like a normal person. i just hoped we would get to see her more in fights
Apr 7, 2023 4:05 PM
Nov 2021
L1lium said:
Klad said:

I as a woman hate Sakura. She is a terrible model to young women and her obsession is very toxic. Sasuke emotionally abuses Sakura all the time and she thinks it's okay and sometimes even cool. No. As a person with a background of emotional abuse (done by my ex) I can't bear it. And what makes it even worse is that Sasuke and Sakura get together in the end. NO NO NO. It gives the impression that emotional abuse is okay.
This is super small rant about this only because I don't have the energy to write it again and again, but I could really write an essay of this topic. I probably should so I could link it here every time I see discussion about Sakura.
Sakura is not good character in any way. It's not what we girls needed nor wanted.

SPOILERS (ofc):

i agree honestly, i sometimes felt really annoyed at her obsession with someone like sasuke, and even felt bad for her sometimes. when i watched the first arcs of shippuden, i was really glad to see her distance herself from sasuke, but then she did a complet 180° and went back to her original state.
Sakura had a great potential as a character but fell victim of kishimoto's bad writing
Apr 7, 2023 8:42 PM
Jul 2022
Lamsyy said:
L1lium said:

SPOILERS (ofc):

i agree honestly, i sometimes felt really annoyed at her obsession with someone like sasuke, and even felt bad for her sometimes. when i watched the first arcs of shippuden, i was really glad to see her distance herself from sasuke, but then she did a complet 180° and went back to her original state.
Sakura had a great potential as a character but fell victim of kishimoto's bad writing

yeah I'm noticing that pretty much all the females on Naruto are annoying with no development... incredibly one note.... but it's more noticeable with Sakura because of her lead status... and Saske treats her like trash so it's disappointing to learn that she (SPOILER ALERT) ends up with him..I mean it's cool that she gets a little stronger but it's a shame that it takes a whole other series for that to happen
Apr 7, 2023 8:46 PM
Jul 2022
L1lium said:
Klad said:

right ...I agree...I think that's another thing that rubs me the wrong way about her... the fact that she obsesses over someone that shows her couldn't give a crap about her... in addition to EVERYTHING else about her... it's annoying and frustrating
Apr 9, 2023 1:39 AM
Jul 2022
ok so I'm on Shippuden now and......Sakura's kind of a bad ass!!!! I mean she's still annoying af but I mean.. wow!! I was NOT expecting this! now I'm still in the early part of the show.. about 24 episodes in but I was SO TIRED of her just sitting there yelling for Naruto or Saske... this is a refreshing change to see...I still hate how hung up she is over Saske but say least she can fight now.. it definitely makes the show more palatable for sure

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Episode 89 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 8, 2009

30 by bakakisima »»
41 seconds ago

Poll: » Naruto Episode 88 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 7, 2009

23 by bakakisima »»
41 minutes ago

Poll: » Naruto Episode 87 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 7, 2009

31 by bakakisima »»
1 hour ago

» To long time fans who know the series in and out:

Rabnawaz2 - Jun 4

41 by Rabnawaz2 »»
Yesterday, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 79 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 7, 2009

33 by bakakisima »»
Yesterday, 3:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.