Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 25, 2023 3:45 AM
Jun 2019
The manga is supposedly ending this year, so is this going to be the final season?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 25, 2023 3:55 AM
Oct 2020
no way...at least 2 more seasons to go...
Mar 25, 2023 4:06 AM

Sep 2020
there are not enough chapters in the manga to make 1 whole season yet, so it'll probably be the last season :(
Something has to be here... やめてください
Mar 25, 2023 4:11 AM
Jun 2013
Nope, if was the case they would announce it as final season, the manga still going for who knows how much chapters, it was already supposed to end last year but Horikoshi was not able to finish
Mar 25, 2023 4:29 AM

Sep 2013
I hope the plans about an adult sequel of HeroAc is still in the works from the author, or atleast an adaptation of the vigilante manga

HeroAc's story might come to an end but its lore really deserves many stories to be told!
Deep dark fantasies
Mar 25, 2023 4:54 AM
Jan 2021
yep, atleast 2 more seasons as the other's said
Mar 25, 2023 6:41 AM
Jan 2022
if they want to release s7 early... there will be only 12-13 episodes because the manga contents are less to adapt
Mar 25, 2023 7:09 AM
BlackJack
Nov 2019
FLASH619 said:
there’s no where near enough content for 2 more seasons.
GWSTREAMSMar 25, 2023 7:13 AM
Mar 25, 2023 7:11 AM
Oct 2020
GWSTREAMS said:
FLASH619 said:
there’s no way near enough content for 2 more seasons.

not a manga reader I guess...
Mar 25, 2023 7:12 AM
BlackJack
Nov 2019
This will likely be the last season. The concept of “it doesn’t say final season” is idiotic. Not every anime does that. This season will be adapting the last arc in the series and the chances that Season 8 happens depends if the manga is still going when Season 7 premieres.
Mar 25, 2023 7:13 AM
BlackJack
Nov 2019
FLASH619 said:
GWSTREAMS said:
there’s no way near enough content for 2 more seasons.

not a manga reader I guess...
Currently caught up in the manga. Sooo.
Mar 25, 2023 7:29 AM

Nov 2013
Right now, they have enough (or almost enough) material to make 1 more season of 2 cours but the manga is not over and we don't know how many more chapters are left until it ends. Plus, with what we have right now, it's not enough to end the next season in a high-note, unless it ends on a certain character's death as a cliffhanger; or they make the next season 1 cour and a 2-cour season 8 to end it all.
Mar 25, 2023 7:50 AM
Aug 2022
Qwertyish said:
The manga is supposedly ending this year, so is this going to be the final season?

I'm pretty sure the mangaka said the series would keep going for much longer, or maybe I'm wrong on that part.
Mar 25, 2023 7:55 AM
Dec 2015
It really looks like there will be a season 8 with how manga is going
Mar 25, 2023 8:31 AM

Mar 2013
Hori's health is such a cluster f#$k at the moment he can barely release consecutive chapters. There's no telling when the manga will end. Also, Announcing season 7 just means it's gonna come out.... eventually. Could be end of this year. Could be any time next year. Hell, it could drop in 2030
Mar 25, 2023 8:43 AM

Nov 2015
No. This is season 7 - final season-final arc - final part 1- finale -special 1 OVA
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Mar 25, 2023 9:52 AM
Mar 2021
It's going to be the last season, the 6th season has covered 7 volumes (27 to 33, a little bit of my villain academia and chapters 257/258), with a lot of fights, so for this season we would get another 7 volumes on anime (i supposed 34 to 40~)
Mar 25, 2023 1:14 PM
Oct 2016

GWSTREAMS said:
FLASH619 said:
''According to Kōhei Horikoshi, the creator of MHA, the manga was was originally slated to end in 2023. HOWEVER, he has since announced that the series will continue into 2024 and perhaps … BEYOND! However, Horikoshi says that we HAVE entered into the manga's final arc.''

As quoted from the author above^. I'm also up to date on the last chapters, so I know roughly where the story is... and its not unpassable to assume that the manga will carry on into 2024. At that point, there should be enough material for two seasons; one being 24 eps, and the other 12 eps? But who knows what they'll do... they could do it like AOT and Bleach, and split it into final cours.
Mar 25, 2023 1:22 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
All can happen, it depence the direction!!1 kekeke
Mar 25, 2023 3:05 PM
BlackJack
Nov 2019
Imoxus said:

GWSTREAMS said:
''According to Kōhei Horikoshi, the creator of MHA, the manga was was originally slated to end in 2023. HOWEVER, he has since announced that the series will continue into 2024 and perhaps … BEYOND! However, Horikoshi says that we HAVE entered into the manga's final arc.''

As quoted from the author above^. I'm also up to date on the last chapters, so I know roughly where the story is... and its not unpassable to assume that the manga will carry on into 2024. At that point, there should be enough material for two seasons; one being 24 eps, and the other 12 eps? But who knows what they'll do... they could do it like AOT and Bleach, and split it into final cours.

Brother, I don’t know how you typed this or if it’s something on my end but I can barely read that. It’s way too dark.
Mar 25, 2023 7:41 PM
Oct 2016
GWSTREAMS said:
Imoxus said:

Brother, I don’t know how you typed this or if it’s something on my end but I can barely read that. It’s way too dark.

Basically, the author said its likely to continue onto 2024/2025.. so there should be adequate enough source material available by then.
Mar 28, 2023 8:04 AM
Dec 2020
I hope so because the series started to become too long for a new audience. Maybe it's short for you, but 7 seasons is really too much and each season is around 23 episodes.
Apr 5, 2023 9:33 AM

Aug 2015
Imoxus said:
GWSTREAMS said:

Basically, the author said its likely to continue onto 2024/2025.. so there should be adequate enough source material available by then.
That seems like misleading information, the manga is currently in the final battle of the last arc literally, and the author is suffering from several issues such as physical pain and mental exhaustion (which are common problems with manga artists or computer related jobs), at this point he has to take breaks almost every second week, it would be detrimental to both himself and the manga if he extended it any further when everything has been wrapping up to a conclusion
ElfezenApr 5, 2023 9:32 PM
Apr 5, 2023 12:10 PM
Oct 2016
Elfezen said:
Imoxus said:

That seems like misleading information and there is also no source for it, the manga is currently in the final battle of the last arc literally, and the author is suffering from several issues such as physical pain and mental exhaustion (which are common problems with manga artists or computer related jobs), at this point he has to take breaks almost every second week, it would be detrimental to both himself and the manga if he extended it any further when everything has been wrapping up to a conclusion

https  :// ww w.    themary   sue.     com/  is-my-hero-  academia-over-  answered/              (Remove spaces)

That's where the source is from. Didn't read it to check it's credibility - google searched it, and a lot of places published the same thing; so I just assumed on this occasion it is verifiable. Be my guest to take a look and verify it though.

I'm up to date; so I know where it's currently at, and have heard of his ailment issues (an unfortunate all too common theme among mangakas) - but even then, I think this could be stretched out to late 2023/early-mid 2024, at the latest. Just my prediction of things. It's definitely being rushed - but I don't think Horikoshi wants to ruin it at the end, regardless of what he's got going on. 
Apr 19, 2023 2:17 PM
Feb 2022
i think maybe season 8 would be the last (if they do 12-13 episode seasons) unless they do some bs in the manga and keep going on after the final war in which tbh no point in even watching idk how they could do anything after the final war that doesn’t suck or just feel like they are dragging it out
Apr 22, 2023 6:23 AM

Jan 2021
probably not..It will be 13 episodes, covering Star and Stripes arc..then there will be the final season ..
Apr 30, 2023 11:19 AM

Jan 2021
ropiel said:
I hope the plans about an adult sequel of HeroAc is still in the works from the author
Oh, yes, another Boruto is exactly what we need.
May 1, 2023 2:37 AM

Nov 2012
hopefully. Was a big fan for season 1-5 but about at my limit now for some reason, need to see it wrap up soon.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
May 8, 2023 1:23 PM
Apr 2018
Kaptaniderya said:
I hope so because the series started to become too long for a new audience. Maybe it's short for you, but 7 seasons is really too much and each season is around 23 episodes.

I gotta agree. Although I do wanna correct you and say each season (minus the first) is 25 episodes. Don’t forget the movies, although they are technically filler, even if canon.
May 14, 2023 1:39 PM
Aug 2021
no, atleast 2 more
May 28, 2023 5:40 PM
Apr 2020
Imoxus said:

GWSTREAMS said:

His original plan was to end it in 2022, not 2023. So the most likely scenario is that it ends at the end of 2023 or the beginning of 2024.

I've also calculated that the most likely end is chapter 410.
Jun 18, 2023 11:00 PM
Mar 2022
Imoxus said:
Elfezen said:
That seems like misleading information and there is also no source for it, the manga is currently in the final battle of the last arc literally, and the author is suffering from several issues such as physical pain and mental exhaustion (which are common problems with manga artists or computer related jobs), at this point he has to take breaks almost every second week, it would be detrimental to both himself and the manga if he extended it any further when everything has been wrapping up to a conclusion

https  :// ww w.    themary   sue.     com/  is-my-hero-  academia-over-  answered/              (Remove spaces)

That's where the source is from. Didn't read it to check it's credibility - google searched it, and a lot of places published the same thing; so I just assumed on this occasion it is verifiable. Be my guest to take a look and verify it though.

I'm up to date; so I know where it's currently at, and have heard of his ailment issues (an unfortunate all too common theme among mangakas) - but even then, I think this could be stretched out to late 2023/early-mid 2024, at the latest. Just my prediction of things. It's definitely being rushed - but I don't think Horikoshi wants to ruin it at the end, regardless of what he's got going on. 

You think you can edit that link so it can be copy and pasted easier?
Jun 29, 2023 10:39 AM
Oct 2016
EP1C_G4YM3R said:
Imoxus said:

I would, but I'm unsure of MAL's rules around posting external links in forums and stuff. Are you not able to remove the spaces or something? (Also no idea if the webpage is still up; as it has been a while since I posted the original comment)
Jun 29, 2023 11:06 AM

Aug 2018
Time MHA ends on a high

Jul 1, 2023 1:21 AM
Mar 2022
Imoxus said:
EP1C_G4YM3R said:

I would, but I'm unsure of MAL's rules around posting external links in forums and stuff. Are you not able to remove the spaces or something? (Also no idea if the webpage is still up; as it has been a while since I posted the original comment)

I didn’t know if you had an intention with the spaces, but that makes a bit of sense. I’m pretty sure links are allowed as long as doesn’t lead to anything sketchy or illegal. Links to anime centered news articles should be fine since it’s informative and fits the topic of the post, but don’t quote me on that, I’m not too sure.
Jul 27, 2023 6:33 AM

Aug 2020
They will exploit the frog out of this series some more. Maybe a movie and one season or two.

Aug 10, 2023 9:10 PM
Jul 2023
This might be final season. I am reading the manga right now and i think 25 episode will be enough. But it also depends on how studio animates it. And how much story it will cover in one episode
Aug 14, 2023 6:56 PM

Dec 2020
i think there will be 1-2 more seasons .. ive given up following the anime atp theres just too much going on, id rather wait till its over
Sep 15, 2023 7:47 PM

Jun 2016
There is no way in hell they would fit SOOO MUCH in one season, even 2-cour one.
Sep 15, 2023 10:56 PM

Dec 2014
Think Season 7 will release in 2024 and it will be 1 cour 12-13 episodes and then depending what happens with the manga be one final season
Sep 21, 2023 1:47 AM

Nov 2018
Reply to ropiel
I hope the plans about an adult sequel of HeroAc is still in the works from the author, or atleast an adaptation of the vigilante manga

HeroAc's story might come to an end but its lore really deserves many stories to be told!
@ropiel would doubt. the mangaka is pretty burnt out
Oct 19, 2023 9:03 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Reply to GWSTREAMS
Imoxus said:

GWSTREAMS said:

@GWSTREAMS I think it's because they copy pasted it from some news article and the formatting was also brought over in a very dark text.

Because I'm on darkmode it's totally invisible in the quotes hahahah

Dec 4, 2023 12:53 PM
Aug 2022
No porfavor es la mejor serie del mundo para mí no hagan que sea la última porfís . Use la creatividad para que haya más temporadas pliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis
Jan 5, 3:04 PM
Mar 2016
Bone is starting to get out of sources soon. Bone's signature anime is starting to run out of source I mean. first, begin with mob psycho finished adapt everything from manga. And follow by Bungou Stray Dog catching up with Manga. So, no more mob psycho and we won't have BSD for the next 10 years due to manga super slow airing. And Now, My hero Aca is also seem to have potentially running out of source in which 1 more season is not possible. probably season 7 will be the last and wait until manga have enough source.
Feb 23, 2:57 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Kaptaniderya
@Kaptaniderya it is pretty damn long. But I say tensura is more guilty of milking a series due to how slow they cover the light novels. At least mha will adapt to the end while tensura cannot.
Feb 23, 3:04 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Ionliosite2
ropiel said:
I hope the plans about an adult sequel of HeroAc is still in the works from the author
Oh, yes, another Boruto is exactly what we need.
@Ionliosite2 tensura feels like the real boruto now due to how slow the pacing is.
Feb 23, 3:08 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to KinjiKido
Bone is starting to get out of sources soon. Bone's signature anime is starting to run out of source I mean. first, begin with mob psycho finished adapt everything from manga. And follow by Bungou Stray Dog catching up with Manga. So, no more mob psycho and we won't have BSD for the next 10 years due to manga super slow airing. And Now, My hero Aca is also seem to have potentially running out of source in which 1 more season is not possible. probably season 7 will be the last and wait until manga have enough source.
@KinjiKido true for the most part. Mappa nowadays gets first dibs on popular battle shonen and beats everyone in the industry when it comes to looks.

This is partly why solo leveling failed to get as popular as the initial hype.
Feb 29, 7:34 AM

Oct 2022
nope this isn't gonna be final season..... it requires atleast one more season for completion.... manga isn't completed yet , but it seems to be completed within this year , it also depends on how much chapter they would cover in this season....
Mar 13, 10:13 PM
Mar 2021
I think that this season would adapt until the 40th/41th volume (6th season adapted volumes 27 to 33) and the rest could be in a movie or a special like SnK
Mar 16, 8:11 AM
May 2017
I think season 7 will end on Deku starting his sea ride across the battlefield. Then season 8 will begin on Dabi Vs Shoto n his origin
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

112 by HozayfaHB »»
Today, 5:05 AM

» Boku no Hero Academia returns with a 'shorter' season

Sacerdotisa - May 11

11 by KenVaibhav »»
Yesterday, 9:23 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4

153 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 3:38 AM

» A confusion about New Order quirk

Otaku_guru - May 11

6 by Schmaglow »»
May 14, 11:31 AM

» Nobody is Quirkless - Theory

Sir_Zedmore - May 4

8 by amlg »»
May 11, 2:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.