Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
White Album final
Mar 24, 2023 5:10 PM
Dec 2021
After 100+ romances watched I can firmly affirm that White Album's final is unique. It's quite good and satisfying too!

Have read many haters talk trash about it but I loved it lol
Mar 24, 2023 6:38 PM

Aug 2018
I didn't. It left a bad taste in my mouth. It's not as if I expect every anime to have a happy rainbows and unicorns ending but this one felt really try hard as if this story was about long term married couples and not high school kids who barely know one another.
Mar 25, 2023 7:33 AM
Jan 2021
I would have liked it more ig if it made sense. Setsuna apologized for basically “stealing” him, which she doesn’t really need to apologize for. I just hate that like she’s the only decent person in the anime and she is the one who is losing the most. The MC is definitely scum fs.

I didn’t like it not because it wasn’t happy, but rather the MC didn’t get any flack from anybody about him cheating
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Mar 25, 2023 7:48 AM
Dec 2021
official_brown said:
I would have liked it more ig if it made sense. Setsuna apologized for basically “stealing” him, which she doesn’t really need to apologize for. I just hate that like she’s the only decent person in the anime and she is the one who is losing the most. The MC is definitely scum fs.

I didn’t like it not because it wasn’t happy, but rather the MC didn’t get any flack from anybody about him cheating
That's curious, I see it completely different.
Setsuna is a POS for stealing a virgin and inexperienced dude his first real love. 
Best girl won and I loved it lol
Mar 25, 2023 7:58 AM
Jul 2022
Well this is one of those underrated hidden jems.
People actually don't understand the depth of the story.

Good Animes don't get a season 2 anyway so there's no gain in talking about that.
Mar 25, 2023 8:02 AM
Jul 2022
official_brown said:

The anime doesn't cover much about the relationships between the characters.

Try reading the Visual Novel you will understand why MC's decision was to choose Toma.

After the plot that anime covers The Mc and Setsuna are together at college anyway.
Mar 25, 2023 8:08 AM
Jan 2021
perfectionFound said:
official_brown said:

That's curious, I see it completely different.
Setsuna is a POS for stealing a virgin and inexperienced dude his first real love. 
Best girl won and I loved it lol

I mean, no one has “dibs” on a person. Yes, Setsuna may have taken the MC before the other girl, but that’s just life. She knew what she wanted, the other girl didn’t. That’s just how normal dating works.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Mar 25, 2023 8:09 AM
Jan 2021
Faiaz_HAQUE said:
official_brown said:

Try reading the Visual Novel you will understand why MC's decision was to choose Toma.

After the plot that anime covers The Mc and Setsuna are together at college anyway.

I mean after that point the MC and Setsuna aren’t right for each other. But I don’t doubt that the source material is good, I just don’t necessarily like it myself. But it’s cool that it goes further into the story.
Mar 25, 2023 8:11 AM

Feb 2016
The source material wasn't fully adapted, so I don't know if I would like how it ends.
その目だれの目?
Mar 25, 2023 8:16 AM
Jul 2022
official_brown said:
Faiaz_HAQUE said:

I mean after that point the MC and Setsuna aren’t right for each other. But I don’t doubt that the source material is good, I just don’t necessarily like it myself. But it’s cool that it goes further into the story.

It's a Visual Novel there are many paths you can choose it's actually possible to avoid this wreck.

The studio rushed the production and ruined the development.

The story may not be top notch but it's at least 8.3.

This story shows how flow of time can change many things.

And how your decision can affect not only you but also the people around you.

Everyone has their different opinions anyway.
It's up to you to decide.
Mar 25, 2023 10:48 PM

Jan 2020
HatTrkPatrk said:
perfectionFound said:
After 100+ romances watched I can firmly affirm that White Album's final is unique. It's quite good and satisfying too!

Have read many haters talk trash about it but I loved it lol

The ending is fantastic. It would surprise me if, for the majority of people who have a negative opinion of it, their biggest issue was more than just that isn't a happy one. Which I do understand, sad endings like this certainly aren't for everyone.

(Not to say that it's perfect or that nobody should have other issues with it.)

Probably most people found the ending pointless since after what the anime adapted....
(only read spoiler if already played or have no intention of playing the VN)

Yep Haruki is retarded af
5ReinheitMar 25, 2023 10:54 PM
Apr 4, 2023 7:49 PM

May 2018
I love it and it's probably the best thing I've ever experienced in this media, honestly I love this adaptation, and I love the fact that the anime also works as a complete story, despite being just a small part of it, it's basically a tragedy. That being said, this was only the Introductory Chapter of the story, and I've also read the Visual Novel many times already, and I can safely affirm that this is my favourite piece of fiction. White Album 2 is a very personal story to me, it touches me deeply, and it's probably the only story in this media that actually changed me, to the point I had to question my perception of what exactly is true love and what it entitles, and how far can you go to pursue your true feelings, and what exactly is right and wrong when you're speaking about love. By the end of the Visual Novel, more specifically in the Kazusa True route, it's clear that you can go against the entire world only to be with the person you love the most, you can betray everyone, even if that means sacrificing everything and being the most miserable person in the world. This is a masterpiece, one of my few 10/10.

GuidSMRApr 4, 2023 7:53 PM

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.