Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
ONIMAI: I'm Now Your Sister!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 6, 2023 10:53 AM
Jul 2021
me encantó mucho el anime
Apr 6, 2023 4:00 PM
Oct 2013
What a wasted of what could have been.
Apr 8, 2023 8:45 AM
Jan 2021
this was an interesting watch, loved the ending tho... just hoping they can make more dosages and start commercially selling it cause i want some.
Apr 11, 2023 12:13 AM

Nov 2009
Heh, an Onsen end.

Strip me naked too Kaede, must be nice...

And then the "skin ship" time, LOL

___ ___ ___

Also... I did not expect Mahiru to go Futa on us there... (and continue the day thinking if he should take the medicine or not, but his... 8==> is still there... possibly wrapped up in Panties tho... >_<)

But in the end, Mahiru decide to just take the medicine cause he likes the girl social times. (Tho I surely do hope that if he keeps on taking that medicine, it doesn't become a perma effect and he can no longer return back to a guy... will forever be a girl)

(if this was a different genre, the new end would be "Futa play")
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 12, 2023 7:45 AM
Apr 2022
Peak series, great adaption
Apr 14, 2023 1:23 PM

Apr 2016
This anime was dope, Mahiro-chan I'll miss you T_T
also to YOU who reads this !
you will never be a woman
Apr 20, 2023 1:22 PM
Jun 2021
the ending sucks, theres no positive change for the character. instead of solving the underlying issues of being a NEET and being true to self, the MC decides to live on lies and self loathing and expect the viewer to accept the new false reality. It's fine to live a new life as girl only if the MC being truthful to themselves and let others know what your struggle is in life and your journey to solving it. It's weird to continue living a life of an underage girl, I understand if it can be use to better one self in this scenario but to knowingly live in lies and surround themselves with kids? kinda creepy. white Chicks (2004) ending can be use as an example for this situation. or not just be a girl if you want to but please be truthful to yourself and don't hang out with minors if you're a grown adult. is it hard to ask?
Apr 21, 2023 7:18 PM

Oct 2022
Ngl I really wanted him to not take the medicine. I knew he would tho obviously.

Overall I enjoyed the show but I felt like I started losing interest around halfway through because of the lack of progress he seemed to be making at that point. Also some scenes were a little much for me lol. I did like the finale tho.

Apr 27, 2023 2:56 PM
Feb 2023
Honestly, a very nice ending. I'm happy with the choice Mahiro made, (s)he really enjoys the way life is now and Mihari is a great sis for helping Mahiro out. Great show and I hope we get more seasons
Apr 29, 2023 7:50 PM
Oct 2022
Anime muito bom, animação good de mais e uma historia muito agradavel, amei esse anime ;)
May 5, 2023 7:24 AM

Jul 2015
I went in, expecting this to be degenerate yet cute as can be and surely was not disappointed. Felt like Wataten with better production quality and fanservice turned up to a hundred, so praise to Studio Bind for bringing us this genderbender lolicon anime (FBI plz don't come get me again...). Still I feel conflicted with how well-produced this is even though some goofy events are quite creepy in a more serious setting.

May 13, 2023 3:11 AM
May 2023
ahhhhh is there anything like that, that can change me to a girlllllllll ;)
May 16, 2023 11:05 AM

Aug 2011
Super wholesome and cuttteee!!! Wonderful conclusion to the season!! Loved it!! ))
May 16, 2023 9:28 PM
Sep 2021
This anime is:
✅ Life Changing ✅ Informative
✅ Inspiring ✅ Heartwarming
✅ Useful ✅ Calming ✅ Enjoyable
✅ Other
May 21, 2023 9:52 AM
May 2021
WTF is this end. Such a dissappointment
May 21, 2023 7:58 PM

Dec 2015
Ngl, I wasn't expecting an episode straight out of Detective Conan where the mc nearly turns back to normal :D It made for a fun episode and a nice ending for the show. Especially now that Mihari finally spilled the beans about it all being a rehabilitation project xD Would have loved if Momiji at least got in on their secret or if we got to see Mahiro completely revert back to a guy before taking the drug again. Either way I'm happy that Mahiro isn't permanently stuck in this form and can turn back every few months, if he so desires! I absolutely loved this anime and I really appreciate the fact that it had such good animation! I'm sure many people who otherwise would have skipped this anime, ended up staying for the animation quality! I really hope the manga is still ongoing, cause I need more Onimai!!!!
May 27, 2023 2:14 PM
May 2023
Even with the absence of real story, the events are really cute and if you can make abstraction of maybe too much fan service, it's really just a lovely story of a sister and her brother. The animation and the colors are REALLY amazing and the attention to details is just incredible
May 27, 2023 5:06 PM
Oct 2021
awesome episode. i love the visuals, i love the animation, sad to see it end though.
im hoping for a season 2 since mahiro took the medicine again there should be more content more wholesome more friend bonding
yourmomobese12May 27, 2023 5:32 PM
Jun 7, 2023 4:24 AM

Mar 2020
If they got rid of all the pedo and yuri elements (which I know would probably lose them 99% of the viewerbase) and just had the MC be a girl
from the start (so it's not an anime about sex-change but more about reliving your life akin to ReLIFE) this would've been right up my alley.
The art style and animations were gorgeous, the voice acting was brilliant. Asahi was basically a carbon copy of one of my favorite characters .

I'm not gonna act all high and mighty and forbid people from liking this anime. But it just didn't sit right with me. So I'm giving it a 5.
Jun 8, 2023 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
It was wholesome as hell :thumubs_up:
Jun 15, 2023 5:23 AM
May 2022
Really silly I like how the ending ended the thing
Jun 19, 2023 11:04 AM
Oct 2021
i like how the brother us all clumsy and cute, I wish there were romance anime with the female character like him
Jun 20, 2023 11:06 AM

Oct 2013
The thing upseting me is the message...
You need to leave the dream and live in real life. It's also a metaphor about leaving childhood and becoming an adult.
This conclusion they chose is basically "yeah I'll live in a fantasy because reality sucks / I'll stay a kid because being an adult sucks", what kind of moral is that ?

It literally works both way because he literally became a child with this genderbending, he rejected his adult life to be a kid.
This rehabilitation project is just running away from reality and live in a lie.
TitadouJun 20, 2023 11:20 AM
Jun 25, 2023 8:18 AM

Jul 2015
So, in the end Mahiro decided to remain as a girl, because everyone treats him better and life is easier that way, which also implies that gender is a preference. Funny message to send.

Jun 28, 2023 3:47 AM

Mar 2016
Meh. This just felt like usual SoL-CGDCT show with little extra quirky that still also felt generic if you read/watch few of gender-bender stuff.

It just the animation and art choice that really 'outstanding', but i prefer minimalistic beautiful consistent animation for this kind genre. Also this series is lend more toward iyashikei than comedy

7/10, lower it to 6/10 because i feel that the current rating (7.71) is too high.

Jun 29, 2023 8:05 AM

Feb 2021
I've been putting the last episode on hold for almost an entire season because I just couldn't find the right moment to watch it. It's a very satisfying way to end the show, everything wraps up beautifully.

It's almost crazy to me that a show with its fair share of degeneracy and loli fanservice, is one of the most wholesome shows I've ever watched. Slice of life fans who dropped Onimai after the first 3 episodes are, in my opinion, missing out on one the strongest entries in recent years. The plot doesn't make sense and it doesn't need to, the characters are simple and fun, but they don't feel very 2 dimensional. For every lucky pervert moment there exists a wholesome ending in each episode to counter balance it. 

I hope there will be a season 2 for this. I don't know how well this anime is performing in Japan and/or how popular the manga is, but I really hope that this will still get a second season because there are quite a lot of people wanting it to happen. 

There's a quote I like from Kung fu Panda which reads "but it could never hurt more, than it did every day of my life just being me" and I think that resonates a lot with Mahiro. Now he chooses to remain as a girl for quite some time, but in the end he has to accept that he will never be anyone else than himself.

For me this is the easiest 8/10 I've ever given. No second thoughts, no consideration, just flat out 8/10.
Yuu_KanzakiJun 29, 2023 8:09 AM
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jul 1, 2023 1:32 AM
Oct 2017
I enjoyed more this than I thought I would, while it is more of a Cute Girls Doing Cute Things show than a gender bender show and it still had those weird and questionable fan service choices with young girls you can see in some anime, I am overall very happy with the change of characterization of the main protagonist. Mahiro becomes a girl as part of a recovery process by her sister and becomes more happy with her new role as a younger sister rather than an older brother, since Episode 1, we were told Mahiro felt this did fit her more than how she was perceived as AMAB, and that is refreshing because we can be sure that all her coyness in exploring her new gender comes from her doubts and insecurities as a person rather than a sense of forced feminization that can be infered in other gender bender anime and manga. I wouldn't be afraid of calling Mahiro transgender, and I hope to see more characters like her used in the standard gender bending tropes of anime and manga in the future, and media in general.

As a side note, I think that the age regression element of the plot was very unnecessary for the gender bender plot, Mahiro didn't really need to become younger again to recover, but seeing it from the CGDCT point of view, it makes sense, since these shows are mostly about young girls, like with Lucky Star, Yuru Yuri and Azumanga Daiou. If can see the age regression element being used more in the sense than since in anime culture sibling hierarchies are a lot more important, Mahiro would feel more comfortable being the younger sister of Mihari, as I said before, she would look up to her, instead of having the pressure of giving her an example when she felt she did excel at everything she could not when she was a guy. Also, if we get to see more flashbacks or comparisons to Mahiro's previous life, we could see the differences in her socializing and growing up as a girl and how she grew up as a boy, if Mahiro the guy was more awkward or retracted himself more you could show how her own self feels more comfortable growing up as a girl in that case, and plus it would also get those cute wish fulfillment points for some of us as well! Who wouldn't want to live high school again but in their own gender instead? Okay, maybe not everyone, high school and middle school were still tough nevertheless. Still, I would consider not think the age regression element too much since it is clear this is because the show is primarily a CGDCT show first and foremost.

While I can't recommend this to anybody due to the obvious reasons and bad choices,  I think this is a fine CGDCT show, and I wouldn't mind getting a second season, both OP and ED songs were fantastic and the few songs that played during the episodes were very comfy, the show itself can get quite cozy as well and when there it isn't being creepy it's just a super cute experience overall. Maybe next episodes we will get to see Mihari changing her pronouns for Mahiro! Who knows!
Jul 1, 2023 2:48 AM
Jun 2023
its traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash
Jul 2, 2023 2:31 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Noo I frickin way I dislike 'the end' sign so much, by wait a minute, were they their parents...!

Well, not truly liking Mahiro decision honestly. Shame how fast Mahiro fell into the rabbit hole. But who could've resist the enjoyment over those magnificent circle of life? Especially since plot needs it so yeah, stay as a girl and live under the dark matter no matter what.

Jk. It's not actually that bad if you surrounded by those loli, absolute intelligent little sister, and one stacked neesan. So yeah, I'm glad I'm watching this and nothing can stop me from the degeneration effect because why not!

onimai/10
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 4, 2023 10:29 PM
Jun 2023
A surprisingly touching adaptation that isn't afraid to explore a range of emotional topics. While the general tone of the episodes reach for a happy drama-free conclusion, you can't help but feel nervous for Mahiro as he tries to improve himself despite the long term drawbacks of his deception and loss of masculinity. Even despite the moral implications of his sister's experiment the anime still manages to create wonderfully joyful moments between the characters. Best anime I've seen in a long time.
Jul 10, 2023 6:24 AM

Aug 2022
Very fun but the ending was dumb.......just gives some Delusion to some people! 
Jul 22, 2023 8:19 PM
Jun 2021
Cute art style, funny story, and overall an actually worth your time show if you don't mind some 'suggesting' scene but definitely not ruining the story
Aug 12, 2023 6:56 PM
Jun 2019
A solid ending to a solid show imo. Seeing Mahiro go from a shut-in NEET to touching grass was quite endearing. Though through questionable means of turning from a 20 something man to a young aged girl, but let's not talk about that shall we? Let's just enjoy the show. Solid 8.2/10 for me

But man, props to Studio Bind. They really bring life into everything they've worked on so far.

Solid show. Can't wait for a next season if there's one.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Aug 21, 2023 1:27 AM

Dec 2012
Well they may have been in the snow but my heart was melting through this whole episode. Onimai manages to do it again - blending zany moe antics with a heartwarming message.

I was trying my best not to finish this series. I really didn't want it to end. What started on the surface as A-grade loli service quickly shifted into a very uplifting tale of a lost soul finding a new place to belong. The rehabilitation of Mahiro was actually giving me ideas early on about how to fix some of my own lifestyle choices. I like how it generally remained lighthearted while still touching on a somewhat morbid notion of what it took for a man so dejected to get a second chance at life. I also found this scenario particularly personal since rather than just using the premise as an excuse for non-stop CGDCT antics (well...), it actively shows how Mahiro is adapting to her new life, developing healthier lifestyle choices as well as growing closer to her sister. While I don't identify as a girl, I've often sensed that I have a greater affinity to femininity and would have fared better as one. It's obviously not to say that life would be easier, but that my lived experienced would have probably led to a healthier life overall.

But setting that aside, one of the funniest parts of this series was how Mahiro was keenly aware of still being a guy at heart, often invoking extremely awkward scenarios. My favorite scene is still when Mahiro rushes to the boys' bathroom.

Of course, Onimai was also special for its art style & animation. The production quality gave it a refreshing flavor that added to its distinction. I also adore Mahiro's voice, particularly when she would go "Mihariiiii." A shame her seiyuu doesn't have more roles.

Considered a squishy 7, but now I'm going to go with a smooth 8/10.
ZekkenshinAug 21, 2023 1:32 AM
Sep 5, 2023 9:28 PM
Jan 2022
muy pero muy pero muy pero muy god
Sep 16, 2023 3:41 PM
Oct 2019
ilove it best anime
Oct 19, 2023 8:37 AM

Jul 2015
Craaaaazy weird premise. Like sketch. BUT unironically the most beautifully animated, drawn, and written shows of the year. Not to mention the voice actors were always on point too. All around it was great, despite its SUSSY premise.
Have a healthy, happy, day of hilarity!

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

Nov 5, 2023 8:07 PM
Mar 2023
praying for more... the animation and shot direction and coloring is other wordly... even more than witch elaina
Dec 7, 2023 2:22 PM

May 2015
It's really a shame that the rare emotionnal moments are drowned under cringe and dirty scenes. This anime is a total waste.

4/10
Dec 8, 2023 11:10 PM
Apr 2023
THIS ANIME IS FULL OF COMMEDY I LI KED IT VERY MUCH
Dec 10, 2023 3:59 AM

Nov 2023
Damn, this was real nice ngl
Dec 15, 2023 10:55 PM

Dec 2008
I watched this show a few months ago and really like it a lot. It just kinda came outta nowhere-if I hadn't read a synopsis of it I'd never have watched it. I made my own version with video and audio from the jpbds and some really good subtitles. Makes me wonder if it'll ever be licensed in the US?
Life Is Short But Intense.
Dec 20, 2023 2:29 PM

Apr 2013
No surprise that he decided to stay a girl, having such a good friends and stay as a girl? Win-win.

This show surprised me, it should've been bad by the synopsis alone, but it actually was quite good. Mostly CGDCT with a bit of comedy as well. Kaede best girl. 7/10
Dec 31, 2023 1:37 PM

Apr 2014
I don't care about the Votes. Onimai is the first, among all. This season.
Jan 21, 1:11 AM

Apr 2014
finally got around to watching this

and ive been reading this series for years now and have been loving it

and to see it get an anime and be this amazing makes me happy to see

so heres hoping we get another season and more to come in the near future
"one step at a time"
Mar 18, 7:01 AM
Apr 2021
Awww what a wonderful wholesome end to a season man I loved this show from the minute I started it to the last second (even if the first 2 or 3 episodes was questionable with the loli fanservice💀) the last scene with both of them holding hands was so wholesome man and I loved Mahiro’s growth going from a shut in NEET to an outgoing socializing girl this shit was just enjoyable asf like everything about this show is just delightful to me🥹🥰🥹

The snowball fight was so well animated they really put in they’re all for this last episode the montage was also well animated too it’s like Bind just knows what we want🔥

Studio Bind did a FANTASTIC job with the animation in this show like they didn’t have to go that hard (especially on the tiddies😫) everything was just eye candy from ep 1 to 12 great job on their part fr🙌🏽🔥

Hoping for a season 2 man this show is just too good to not have a season 2 and I hope Bind is making it as well🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2023

195 by RaptorDan »»
Yesterday, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2023

124 by Juicedi »»
Apr 25, 1:54 PM

» I love Asahi!

BigBoyAdvance - Feb 7

20 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 23, 3:19 PM

Poll: » did this show get you excited

weeaboo5008 - Dec 26, 2023

31 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 23, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Who do you like the most? (Favorite/best girl poll)

Onii-chanShuki - Mar 18, 2023

31 by rin750 »»
Mar 20, 1:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.