Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 20, 2023 5:54 PM

Sep 2016
Who's with me here?

The 1st episode gave me "Wow this might be the next LycoReco" impression with potential yurikino
But then it started getting more and more boring and painful to watch.

Is this anime about comfy Slice of Life yuribait while inventing magical tool stuff?
Is this anime about serious political conflict drama?
Is this anime about fighting strong opponents with flashy power ups and beams? a battle shonen?

What is this anime even about?
It tried to be everything at once and as a consequence it failed at everything. There's extreme lack of focus here, so it ended up having no identity of its own. it's BORING.

It's just amazing how the anime with the best Ep1 of the season has become the worst of the season. What a disaster.

The only other anime that fell off as hard as this in the current season is Eiyuuou, where the 1st episode was fun and the rest was boring formulaic slog

Discuss.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2023 6:02 PM
Feb 2022
here before the novel apologists defend the source material
Mar 20, 2023 6:03 PM

Jul 2021
I mean yh I'm not a fan of the last two/three episodes, it seems they've forgotten the title of this show and have entered some boring political drama I couldn't care less about.
Anis character going a full 180, is also quite disappointing
Mar 20, 2023 6:11 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know about THE biggest, but I'm definitely feeling let down thinking of what could have been. There was so much potential in the concept of a yuri fantasy and it just didn't deliver. I hope something better will come along in the future for us yuri fans who want more variety in the genre. Also, hope that this show didn't turn people off to yuri as a whole if it was their first yuri.

GangsterCat said:
The only other anime that fell off as hard as this in the current season is Eiyuuou, where the 1st episode was fun and the rest was boring formulaic slog

Sadly I have to agree with this as well, another one that was a favorite at the beginning of the season and lost its charm later down the road.
Mar 20, 2023 6:14 PM

Jan 2013
I don't really see the conflict between any of those things? I just assume we're missing important context, which is typical of LN adaptations. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 20, 2023 6:24 PM

Sep 2016
Cestlavie_ said:
I mean yh I'm not a fan of the last two/three episodes, it seems they've forgotten the title of this show and have entered some boring political drama I couldn't care less about.
Anis character going a full 180, is also quite disappointing
It turns out Genki not-Chisato isn't so Genki after all.
They keep flipflopping her personality
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 20, 2023 6:45 PM

Dec 2011
Yeah the show is getting worse post-Asgard. Anis' current mindset doesn't fit her initial personality.

I was expecting she will run away from the kingdom or forcefully revamping it with the help of the citizen since they liked her but nope, she's hitting herself into a wall that doesn't need to be hit in the first place.
Mar 20, 2023 6:47 PM

Sep 2020
It's your fault for expecting it to be anything similar to Lycoris Recoil which was just plain awful but that's neither here nor there. I'm two episodes behind but I've enjoyed all the episodes I've watched so far. That red-haired maid is probably my favorite character so far.

Is this anime about comfy Slice of Life yuribait while inventing magical tool stuff?
Is this anime about fighting strong opponents with flashy power ups and beams? a battle shonen?

I don't even know what you're on about. You're pretending as if the anime advertised itself as something that contains one genre. We were teased with potential conflict fairly early into the story. And wasn't Anisphia literally on a rampage against some weird animals in the first episode? Wasn't that the first scene as well? You make it seem like any of this should surprise the viewers when it has been teased from minute one.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Mar 20, 2023 6:56 PM
May 2011
The show has been a political drama from episode 1, and the two major action set pieces have been a means to that end. It's not a yuri romance - the characters just happened to be gay - and that is fine. They're still plenty cute together even if they aren't making out every episode.

As for being"the biggest disappointment of the season", you're free to feel that way, but I don't think expectations were very high to begin with. A number of sequels aren't living up to past seasons (Tokyo Revengers), and Spy Classroom flopped so hard it's easy to forget it was one of the bigger shows coming in to this season. Personally, I thought High Card had a strong first episode, but it's been all downhill since then.
Mar 20, 2023 6:57 PM
Dec 2019
it's an ok anime for me imo.. there are definitely other series that are worse/more boring than this in the winter season

Mar 20, 2023 6:58 PM

Jul 2021
samsince04 said:
It's your fault for expecting it to be anything similar to Lycoris Recoil which was just plain awful but that's neither here nor there. I'm two episodes behind but I've enjoyed all the episodes I've watched so far. That red-haired maid is probably my favorite character so far.

I don't even know what you're on about. You're pretending as if the anime advertised itself as something that contains one genre. We were teased with potential conflict fairly early into the story. And wasn't Anisphia literally on a rampage against some weird animals in the first episode? Wasn't that the first scene as well? You make it seem like any of this should surprise the viewers when it has been teased from minute one.

People compared it to Lycoris Recoil cause the main characters had very similar personalities, but this is turning out to be a poor man's lycoris Recoil
and falling off but that's neither here nor there.

The main reason people are turning on the show now is cause of the 180 in Anis personality and the utterly boring political drama going on, the show advertised itself as Anis not caring about what the kingdom thinks of her and finding her own route for magic with some Yuri mixed in but now it's just forsaken the title of this show and is going astray.
Mar 20, 2023 7:04 PM
Dec 2021
The biggest mistake 99% of anime-only make is: not searching anything related to the source material. I mean, if I am interested in an anime I go after the source material or reviews( in MAL, reddit, Youtube,etc) to know better what I should expect or not from the anime. My second advice is: do a little research about the studio/staff that is in charge of the anime, so you can anticipate whether it will be good or not( most of the time at least).
My opinion: the anime is doing a good work, I’m enjoying the plot and the character development, animation is good. Expecting the same thing only because the genre is yuri isn’t an intelligent thing to do( the same goes to any other genre).

Ps: I will refrain from talking about your profile lol
Mar 20, 2023 7:05 PM

May 2021
started off really strong and now it’s just okay 

it’s not that I don’t like the political drama like it makes sense  it’s just not engaging me all the way for some reason 

how quickly she switched her priority to being Princess was not very believable and the spirit contract thing was weird and I’m not sure what to think about this duel they’re planning for the last episode like what does that resolve? 

idk ani and euphie gave us great developing yuri moments amidst an interesting premise at first and they’re so cute but it’s just not landing like it should in the latest episodes 
Mar 20, 2023 7:09 PM
Oct 2022
You know someone doesn't like a show when they call it the worst of the season in the season that had Inukai and Fruit of Evolution.
Mar 20, 2023 7:12 PM

Aug 2020
Did you miss the part where the main character is the fucking Princess of the whole kingdom?
Keep scrolling
Mar 20, 2023 7:18 PM

Sep 2016
LucenProject said:
You know someone doesn't like a show when they call it the worst of the season in the season that had Inukai and Fruit of Evolution.
expectation leads to disappointment
CrossAnge

Mar 20, 2023 7:47 PM
Jun 2022
No...................
Mar 20, 2023 7:47 PM
Dec 2019
GangsterCat said:
Who's with me here?

The 1st episode gave me "Wow this might be the next LycoReco" impression with potential yurikino

It tried to be everything at once and as a consequence it failed at everything. There's extreme lack of focus here, so it ended up having no identity of its own. it's BORING.

It's just amazing how the anime with the best Ep1 of the season has become the worst of the season. What a disaster.

Discuss.

I’m not that’s for sure, how about you let it finish before making L takes like this :) yeah the last couple episodes have been a little too political for my taste but there’s more to them outside of will or will Anis not be the next monarch, that that makes them good like character development, added stakes, and most importantly choice, plus knowing that in my opinion allows me to believe there hasn’t been any and episodes at all so let the series finish then make bold statements cause this wasn’t thought out very well and it doesn’t help you can’t even comprehend what you’re watching so with that being said if you want to drop then do so, no one would even remember you made this thread if you did.
Mar 20, 2023 7:49 PM
Dec 2019
JessicaKari said:
started off really strong and now it’s just okay 

it’s not that I don’t like the political drama like it makes sense  it’s just not engaging me all the way for some reason 

how quickly she switched her priority to being Princess was not very believable and the spirit contract thing was weird and I’m not sure what to think about this duel they’re planning for the last episode like what does that resolve? 

idk ani and euphie gave us great developing yuri moments amidst an interesting premise at first and they’re so cute but it’s just not landing like it should in the latest episodes 

Love the series but I have to agree with you there as much as I don’t want to.
Mar 20, 2023 9:14 PM

Mar 2021
GangsterCat said:
LucenProject said:
expectation leads to disappointment

I wonder whose fault it was to expect something out of a seasonal fantasy/isekai show🙄
Mar 20, 2023 10:33 PM
Mar 2023
I've read the light novel and even the web novel, and yeah, it's not good. It's good to have drama in the story, but it's not fun when the drama gets longer and longer. Characters mope and complain in their monologues, getting frustrated and sad because they can't have freedom because they are royalty, and all this guessing at what the other person really feels about is unnecessary when they can all just tell each other what they really want without all the drama. I get the idea about the conflict between Anis and the succession, but the author keeps repeating the same dialogue and monologue. The repetition becomes even more frequent the further you get into the story. Imagine reading all those melodramatic, repetitive back-and-forth arguments between Anis and Euphie on how Anis will lose her smile if she becomes queen. All of this drama just for Anis to become even more stupid in the novel, Anis being a pushover after this arc, getting beaten up by other characters, and getting outshined by Euphie. Compared to Euphie, who got more powerful, Anis became useless. 
Mar 20, 2023 11:11 PM
May 2018
Well, if you read the title (again) political related stuff is the main conflict in Tensai Oujo. Its about "revolutionize the kingdom" not just romance between two girl.
Besides, Tensai Oujo is LN adaptation and for almost every LN had a build-up and slow pace story. While LycoReco is an original anime, they had freedom in pacing and story.

Anyway, as the studio is Diomedea, I think the adaptation is not too bad. It was fine, and had a better execution compared to their past animes.
Mar 20, 2023 11:26 PM

Feb 2017
GangsterCat said:
Who's with me here?

Discuss.

lol Lycoris Recoil is garbage

nothing but a bag of fanservice bs made of heavily yuri undertones

the ending is also soo all over the place

chisato and the other guy (I forgot his name) rivalry is soo forced and absolutely made 0 sense
Mar 20, 2023 11:58 PM
Apr 2020
Anis changed because of the situation with her brother al . She was free at the start of the show because al was the next king but with him getting kicked out anis is feeling guilty that she might be the reason for this . Also she does not want to disappoint her parents i firmly believe this has something to do with her previous life! Euphie was a mess at the beginning of the season but anis helped her now it's anis's turn to get helped . This is nowhere near being a disappointment
Mar 21, 2023 12:18 AM

Feb 2020
Disappointing for sure. The yuri aspect is pretty much nonexistent. Also, the whole drama with Algard was kinda pointless.
Mar 21, 2023 12:40 AM
Feb 2022
RobertsahDHDA said:
Did you miss the part where the main character is the fucking Princess of the whole kingdom?

lmao this. Oh what, succession right conflicts and politics?! WHAT?! OUTRAGEOUS!
Also, these are the same people who would complain about these politics if they WEREN'T a part of the story. They would all be like "Why is she a princess if she doesn't have typical princess tropes"
Like what are they even talking about.

Proves again, average anime fan can't handle anything slightly more complicated than MUST BEAT VILLAIN.
Mar 21, 2023 12:43 AM
Feb 2022
Serafos said:
Disappointing for sure. The yuri aspect is pretty much nonexistent. Also, the whole drama with Algard was kinda pointless.

It set character development in motion, gave a clearer image of the internal politics of the kingdom and it showed how much the main character cared for others. It was in no way pointless. It had a unsatisfying ending, sure, but that could've been a conscious decision to show the trauma that both parties got from their fight.
Mar 21, 2023 12:44 AM

Feb 2017
LostSpectre said:
I don't really see the conflict between any of those things? I just assume we're missing important context, which is typical of LN adaptations. 
LostSpectre said:

the Anime has skipped too many details on other characters' opinions regarding how does princess Anis look like in their eyes, such as:

1. How does Anis look like from her Father and Mother point of view?

2. How does Anis look like from her closest friends (illya, Titly) point of view?

in episode 2, Anis actually almost got Exposed by Euphie lol Euphie blatantly asked Anis, "Who... I mean, What are you really?"

in episode 4, Anis said
"While I am still I am, I need to obtain that Dragon magic crystal at any cost!!"

it's shown that she low-key knew that one day she might have to abandon herself for the sake of princess Anis, fulfilling her responsibility as a noblewoman, or as the daughter of her new biological mother & father

Fast forward to episode 8 & 9, we can see how weird Al-kun and Anis conversation

it's shown that Al-kun low-key knew that there has always been something 'off' about his royal sister, that's why he's quite angery the whole time, he keeps shouting Anis full name. on the other side, Anis keeps beating around the bushes by being vague the whole time

Anis told Al-kun, "I am is I am"

As a result, obviously Al-kun got even angrier and triggered by his royal sister dodging attitude

in episode 9, Anis grasped Al-kun's hands and said to herself

"if I was able to live a normal life in this world, you wouldn't have to suffer like this..."

in episode 11, even Tilty is shown sacred shitless of Anis's new mask, she was like "why are wearing that face...?" even her closest friends can't see the real Anis. it gets worse, Anis is shown exposing her true self in front of everyone

"I'm the princess of this country! I'm Anis Wynn Palettia!!"

her mother, father and even illya are also sacred shitless of the real Anis now

Regrettably the Anime completely skipped the part when Anis's mother talked about how does Anis look like in her eyes to Euphie and Lainie

Anis is a woman with multiple faces and everything changed when the fire nation- I mean when Al-kun attacked, in LN vol 3 it's explicitly written on table of contents that her masks are indeed crumbling to dust

Lab_Rat_0978Mar 21, 2023 12:48 AM
Mar 21, 2023 1:13 AM
Jul 2019
Firstly recoil was 10x more boring.Only the main 2 characters were even remotely interesting everything/everyone else was a complete bore/eyesore to watch.

Having said that I also agree this show gradually got worse over time the first 3 or 4 being my favourite still. Personally i think the last couple episodes were good and the cliffhanger for the final episode looks promising. But the two episodes about Al were an absolute bore because of his poorly nonsensical backstory.

But comparing it to lycorecoil is unfair cus that show was a complete mess after the first couple episodes and basically unbearable to watch, if I wasn't watching it with a friend I would have dropped it.
Mar 21, 2023 1:25 AM
Apr 2017
GangsterCat said:

Bruh this isn't a anime fantasy/isekai version of LycoRico, so from start you were a bit wrong in assuming and expect that this would be the same type of story.

This anime is like what the title say 'MagiRevo', which tells of a revolution that will be carried out by two women, and if you think that they don't show you anything fits it's theme then that it's bc their story will start from here, one season of this anime is made to show that this is the beginning of the revolution they will do in future, so this is just the first stage of their story.

But to be honest I'm slightly agree with opinion that they make it unclear story if it's only based on anime (the explanation is lacking), but I won't talk it bc it depending to each person pov (whether that's enough or not).

Although I'm not sure this will help convince you, but I recommended for those of you who don't really understand the storyline and characters of Anis and Algard that you have to re-watch this from first eps after finish bc it will help about the reasons behind their characters, especially Anis. which has various characters, Anis as 'Princess - Anisphia wynn Palletia', as 'Adventurer - Marauder Princess', and as a friend of Euphy 'Anis-sama'. all of them have their own character and also included as part of person 'Anis' who live in this story.
Mar 21, 2023 1:40 AM
Mar 2023
GangsterCat said:
Who's with me here?

Discuss.

My advice  Don't waste your time with this show. There are yuri scenes that you might like, but it's not worth it. The politics are there, but they're not engaging enough for me to care. I've read far ahead of the web novel after the light novel, and it's not great.

Here's a review from someone if anyone wants to know why and doesn't mind being spoiled, this dude's review of the web novel sums up my feelings. 

Note that even if it's a web novel review and that some scenarios and character interaction are slightly changed, the plot elements are still the same as in the light novel. 
helio7rvMar 21, 2023 1:45 AM
Mar 21, 2023 1:44 AM

Feb 2017
cringeylazy said:
Firstly recoil was 10x more boring.Only the main 2 characters were even remotely interesting everything/everyone else was a complete bore/eyesore to watch.

Having said that I also agree this show gradually got worse over time the first 3 or 4 being my favourite still. Personally i think the last couple episodes were good and the cliffhanger for the final episode looks promising. But the two episodes about Al were an absolute bore because of his poorly nonsensical backstory.

But comparing it to lycorecoil is unfair cus that show was a complete mess after the first couple episodes and basically unbearable to watch, if I wasn't watching it with a friend I would have dropped it.

Lycoris Recoil has many fanservices, so obviously it can't be boring to those Degenerate people lol
Mar 21, 2023 2:13 AM
Jul 2021
I’m actually thinking of dropping it, but as I’m already on ep. 11, I think I’m just going to sit it out. The show’s definitely lost a lot of its steam
Mar 21, 2023 2:47 AM
Aug 2020
Call it the worst is strong, I agree with the deception, the biggest fight was only against her brother… they didn’t use the fill potential of the show…it became average, I still hope that this is just the intro of something bigger…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 21, 2023 3:05 AM

Feb 2019
makeinue said:
here before the novel apologists defend the source material

You don’t need to defend the source material if the adaptation is already good enough
mlem

Also read Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso wo Kasaneru (Bless Botan)
Mar 21, 2023 5:01 AM
Mar 2023
You know, right from the confrontation with Algard up until the current arc, the show has always been a disappointment. The anime only does a great job of hiding it by omitting the dialogues that show how stupid the characters are. The anime really wants you to sympathize with its characters, so they chose not to show scenes that may make them selfish or arrogant.
like the scene in episode 11 with Tilty finding Anis after she ran away. In the novel, Tomas is the one who finds Anis and converses with her. Their conversation leads to one where Anis truly shows the real reason why she doesn't want to be a queen. 

(Tomas) “…I thought you didn’t care about the throne?”
(Anis) “I didn’t! But that was because I had Allie to fall back on! I always thought he would make the better king, but he’s gone now, and the responsibility falls on me…”
If I didn’t do this, what good was I as a royal princess? If those around me decided that I was a poor option as a queen due to my inability to use magic, that I didn’t need to worry about becoming queen…then why had I even been born a princess?
“It’s awful, and after everything that’s happened, she has the gall to say I should just give up!” I shouted. “That I’m not cut out for it. Because I should follow other dreams. So she won’t allow it, she says! As if I need her permission…!”
(Tomas) “…What are you going on about? If you don’t become queen, you can keep on living like you have. And if Lady Euphie gets into trouble as queen, you can always give her a helping hand, no?” Tomas said, crossing his arms with a sullen look.

(Anis) But I found myself shaking my head. “…I don’t know. That’s why it’s come to this. If it was that easy, this wouldn’t even be a problem! I don’t want the responsibilities of the throne, but I don’t want people to refuse to recognize my legitimacy either! I just want to learn more about magic, to pursue magic that I can use. But I don’t want to sacrifice anyone else to save myself. I’m a royal princess, and if I can’t even do this much…then what good am I as a princess?”
(Tomas) “Why does that bother you so much?” Tomas asked sharply.
Why did I care about being a royal princess? But the more I tried to put my jumbled thoughts and emotions into some sense of order, the more confused I found myself.
“Princess or not, you’ll still be you.”
(Anis) “Well… I guess…”
(Tomas) “I don’t really get why you’re so earnest about it all, but you don’t need to worry so much, you know? There are people who care about you.”
As Tomas spoke, several faces came to mind—Euphie’s first, followed by Ilia, Lainie, my father, and…my mother.
(Anis) “…Ah, it’s no good.”
(Tomas) “Huh? What’s no good?”
(Anis) “I…have to carry out my responsibilities…as a royal princess…”
(Tomas) “Look, I don’t know much about royalty, but you’ve been doing pretty damn well this far, don’t you think?”
I looked up and met Tomas’s gaze. He was staring right at me.
(Tomas) “You’re not just any old princess, that’s for sure. But there are plenty of people who would love to have you as their queen. That’s how good of a job you’ve been doing.”
(Anis) “But…the nobility won’t accept me…”
(Tomas) “What’s the problem, then? You don’t need to force the matter… I’m worried about you, too. I’m worried that if you take the throne, you’ll be crushed by it. You’re too kind at heart.”
(Anis) …Was I really? I didn’t know. I had simply been living my life according to my own whims. I hadn’t paid much attention to what people thought of me. I hadn’t cared what they thought.
But I couldn’t keep up that attitude if I was going to inherit the throne. I didn’t want to live in a world that refused to accept me—but I didn’t want to lose my freedom, either.
Even so, I couldn’t give up on being a princess. And part of me whispered that I should cast my selfishness aside. These two extremes of my emotions kept bandying me back and forth. I found myself unable to say anything—I couldn’t even muster enough energy to touch the cup of tea Tomas had brewed for me.
Mar 21, 2023 5:38 AM
Jul 2021
Cestlavie_ said:
samsince04 said:

People compared it to Lycoris Recoil cause the main characters had very similar personalities, but this is turning out to be a poor man's lycoris Recoil

The main reason people are turning on the show now is cause of the 180 in Anis personality and the utterly boring political drama going on, the show advertised itself as Anis not caring about what the kingdom thinks of her and finding her own route for magic with some Yuri mixed in but now it's just forsaken the title of this show and is going astray.

Lycoris Recoil wasn’t even that good in the first place. Most overrated show of the year
Mar 21, 2023 5:40 AM

Jul 2021
swagxmagician said:
Cestlavie_ said:

Lycoris Recoil wasn’t even that good in the first place. Most overrated show of the year

like I said that's neither here nor there, but it was easily better than this show
Mar 21, 2023 5:43 AM
Jul 2021
Cestlavie_ said:
swagxmagician said:

like I said that's neither here nor there, but it was easily better than this show

Better than the recent 3 episodes sure, but the first part of this show was much better than Lycoris
Mar 21, 2023 5:45 AM

Jul 2021
swagxmagician said:
Cestlavie_ said:

Better than the recent 3 episodes sure, but the first part of this show was much better than Lycoris

Yh fair enough...
Mar 21, 2023 7:48 AM

Jan 2013
kozy_raft said:
You know, right from the confrontation with Algard up until the current arc, the show has always been a disappointment. The anime only does a great job of hiding it by omitting the dialogues that show how stupid the characters are. The anime really wants you to sympathize with its characters, so they chose not to show scenes that may make them selfish or arrogant.
like the scene in episode 11 with Tilty finding Anis after she ran away. In the novel, Tomas is the one who finds Anis and converses with her. Their conversation leads to one where Anis truly shows the real reason why she doesn't want to be a queen. 
I thought skimming over the 2nd novel would clear up some confusion about Algard, but his motivations are even more complicated in the novel. 

I can't figure out if there was ever a legitimate plan for him to seize power as a vampire or if he was just trying to get Anis to kill the "mad prince", now that all his other plans have failed, but I'm leaning toward the latter. It's also strange that he talks at length about noble intentions and freeing the common people from an oppressed system, but his true motives are derived from hatred and resentment toward nobles, the kingdom, and magic itself, his (supposed) altruism is more like a side effect than a driving force for his actions in any way. 

His feelings toward Anis are perhaps even more complicated, he hates her for feeling like she abandoned him back when they were children, when she renounced the throne, but it's because he looked up to her, and wanted to see her be queen. His hatred for the systems that oppressed his sister and led her to that choice, eventually turn into resentment towards Anis herself. He hates her for loving magic, because he sees it as a curse which brought misfortune to her, and also for her naivety and simply accepting how she's viewed as a noble in the kingdom. 

Then there's the jealousy, and the inferiority complex, he hates himself when compared to his much more talented sister, and he hates the entire world for forcing him into succession, destined to be a puppet king, and denying his (once) precious sister the chance to change the country for the better. All of this is far too complicated of a mess to properly sort out, the only real takeaway here is that this showdown of a once loving brother/sister is a tragedy, that can all be traced back to a corrupt system where magic is wielded as a tool of oppression.

If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 21, 2023 12:54 PM
Aug 2021
GangsterCat said:
Who's with me here?

Discuss.

Honestly agree with you, this title had a serious identity crisis and I genuinely have not been able to figure out why it’s gone in this direction. It honestly isn’t even just the identity of the show, but the identity of the characters as well.

Anis couldn’t give a rats ass about being princess of the kingdom, all she wanted was to study magicology and flirt with Euphie, and now she’s crying about Euphie taking her role and making her feel less important. She barely even expresses to Euphie that she doesn’t want her to throw her life away, rather she doesn’t wanna lose her role and importance. Euphie, too, is very reserved and hesitant about the dating a girl thing in the beginning. She rarely shows any sign of progression of feelings toward anis, and now all of a sudden I’m supposed to believe she’s in love with her and willing to sacrifice everything? Just so Anis can study magicology?

The characters became so convoluted as the season went on that I don’t even recognize them anymore. Identity crisis persists through every aspect of this show, which sucks ass because I loved it a lot when it first aired. *sigh*
Mar 21, 2023 1:22 PM
Aug 2019
Idk, I can still get a mild enjoyment out of it haha, but yeah it was a big disappointment. The story tries to do way too many things at once in a single cour season.

I’m betting that the writer didn’t know how to make the slice of life scenes work, so they just skipped over it - OR - an editor came in thinking slice of life was boring and a waste of time when there are other more grand things in the world that could be covered. The big plot changes ripped away any chance at developing character relationships and made the story feel unrealistic.

Also, wtf does Euphie do during the day?! She’s the assistant, but I don’t think I’ve actually seen her do anything as an assistant until the presentation. And that was just a one-time thing. Tbh, I don’t even know how much time as passed, so maybe it was only a few days from when she was rescued lol, idfk
Mar 22, 2023 8:01 AM
Aug 2014
Definitely, it's trash, Lycoreco was also trash so it matches when the both the mc's is similar.
Mar 22, 2023 8:16 AM

Jun 2019
For me this was better than LycoReco and Anis is a better, more charming, sweet, and deeper character than Chisato.

Seems we've got some salty LycoReco fans who aren't happy the ending for this show eclipsed the meh ending in LycoReco.

Best show of the season!
Mar 22, 2023 8:22 AM

Feb 2020
Well, this was definitely better than Lyrocis Recoil.
Mar 22, 2023 8:25 AM

Oct 2007
not disappointed. Fully satisfied, and I'm buying stuffs from this. LOL
Mar 22, 2023 8:30 AM

Nov 2009
Well, the final episode makes it worth, and it took the step that LycoReco didn't dare to take.

Every plot point get a closures. It also explains why Anis care about taking the throne.

Mar 22, 2023 8:38 AM
Nov 2021
Looking at your ratings how series, we Can all conclude your opinion aint worth much
Mar 22, 2023 8:43 AM

Jan 2013
Marina2 said:
Well, the final episode makes it worth, and it took the step that LycoReco didn't dare to take.

Every plot point get a closures. It also explains why Anis care about taking the throne.

It's almost like that other anime was never yuri to begin with, how shocking!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei Oujo to Tensai Reijou no Mahou Kakumei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2023

266 by Rudyanto13 »»
May 31, 1:26 AM

Poll: » Tensei Oujo to Tensai Reijou no Mahou Kakumei Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2023

98 by waldy713 »»
May 24, 4:52 PM

Poll: » Tensei Oujo to Tensai Reijou no Mahou Kakumei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2023

103 by waldy713 »»
May 20, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Tensei Oujo to Tensai Reijou no Mahou Kakumei Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2023

167 by waldy713 »»
May 20, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Tensei Oujo to Tensai Reijou no Mahou Kakumei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2022

221 by waldy713 »»
May 20, 7:51 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.