Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2023 1:23 PM

Jul 2021
I love the bright colors and how refreshing the adaptation as a whole. It's the beginning of Mitsumi's journey to achieve her dreams and have a sustainable friendship!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 4, 2023 1:35 PM
Feb 2022
So far from what I've heard of the manga and from what I've seen it's probably going to be a pretty good one. The artstyle is pretty good, the animation is smooth and pretty, the voice acting is so far really good and the overall story looks to be heading in an interesting direction. The jokes land and the characters are interesting, so I'll definitely watch this one through to the end. It's probably not going to be the highlight of the season (I'm placing my bet on hell's paradise, heavenly delusion, tonikawa 2 or doctor stone 3), but it's shaping up to be a pretty good comfort anime
Michael556Apr 4, 2023 1:39 PM
Apr 4, 2023 1:41 PM
Oct 2021
mc is quite likeable and overall animation style is good. could be an easy watch
Apr 4, 2023 1:59 PM
Apr 2020
I'm gonna love this that's for sure
Apr 4, 2023 2:01 PM

Sep 2018
oh, I totally loved that...

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Apr 4, 2023 2:12 PM
Apr 2022
Michael556 said:
So far from what I've heard of the manga and from what I've seen it's probably going to be a pretty good one. The artstyle is pretty good, the animation is smooth and pretty, the voice acting is so far really good and the overall story looks to be heading in an interesting direction. The jokes land and the characters are interesting, so I'll definitely watch this one through to the end. It's probably not going to be the highlight of the season (I'm placing my bet on hell's paradise, heavenly delusion, tonikawa 2 or doctor stone 3), but it's shaping up to be a pretty good comfort anime
I’m placing bets on oshi no ko being the highlight of the season 😏
Only show I can see rivaling demon slayer in terms of popularity and discussion this season
Apr 4, 2023 2:16 PM
Jun 2022
what a great start!, this is gonna be one of the best romance animes in this season without a doubt, the protagonists are both so sweet, and the animation is really nice, i loved this ep. i'll watch it 100%
Apr 4, 2023 2:17 PM

May 2016
Eh first episode but it gives me hope for a good drama. Fingers crossed. I haven't seen a good one in a long time
Apr 4, 2023 2:40 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Really enjoyed this episode, I, pretty much, just smiled throughout the episode starting from the cheerful Op dance. 

Iwakura seems like a really fun character and her relationship with Shima down the line should be very entertaining. Don't want to say too much now but this is certainly a surprise hit of the season first up. I expected something good, but there's definitely potential for more!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 4, 2023 2:58 PM

Dec 2019
an entire minute on a speechless running scene is crazy lmao
EuroqeanApr 4, 2023 8:54 PM
Apr 4, 2023 3:02 PM

Nov 2012
Barf Girl, ftw! Let's go!
Apr 4, 2023 3:07 PM
Feb 2020
Super funny and charming so far. There were a ton of memorable scenes and it's only episode one. I'm looking forward to what comes next!!
Apr 4, 2023 3:09 PM
Oct 2020
Loved it great first episode
Apr 4, 2023 4:26 PM
Dec 2022
Beautiful with wit and humanity. Looking forward.
Apr 4, 2023 4:30 PM
Apr 2019
Oh its been long I melted from watching a high school romance entry
Apr 4, 2023 4:37 PM

Nov 2011
First episode was so damn good. I thought the direction and the introduction of the main and side characters were perfect. I think they even set up the drama in the near future as well.

Man Iwakura and Shima are fucking awesome.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 4, 2023 4:55 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Eh it's not bad at all but it was just really generic right? So far it's just the usual school life romance beginning with nothing truly original except the girl that ends up vomiting and P.A animation doesn't stand out at all so far, it looks like the average budget animation, not bad not good I would say
Apr 4, 2023 5:04 PM

Feb 2019
Is this the anime of the season?
Apr 4, 2023 5:15 PM
Jul 2022
I loved this episode!
Apr 4, 2023 5:18 PM
May 2017
Very funny and very good! Mitsumi is lovely.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 4, 2023 5:44 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This is another show this season I nearly didn’t pick but holy crap am I glad I did, I absolutely loved this. An SoL done by PA Works is something I felt I couldn’t miss and they delivered, the characters and backgrounds all look so nice. But not just that, the episode itself was heartwarming and hilarious. Mitsumi was really fun to watch stumble through Tokyo with her new friend Shima, so many moments were not just funny but also relatable for me, not really her plans for the future but all of her fumbling that went against her intentions lol. And I lost it when she first got to the classroom and she said “day 1 and I’m the puker” lmao, this show’s comedy is really working on me.

And I’m ngl I would have preferred the show take place at Mitsumi’s hometown because I’m an absolute sucker for countryside Japan but then this would be a way different show lol. And man, what a good OP that was, a great jam and a dancing bit near the end, you can’t beat dancing OPs lol and it was so good here. The ED was also very nice, a very good OP and ED combo. And I also want to mention how reminiscent this show is to “Heroines Run the Show” which came out Spring last year, it was also a very fun show but I think I might like this one more going forward. I’m definitely excited for more of this!
Apr 4, 2023 5:53 PM

Jan 2021
I have never heard of this anime or manga until i saw the trailer for it and it got me interested. 

Mitsumi is ready for her new life in a new city and in a new school, when the school day is upon her she gets ready to go to the opening ceremony, her moms tells her to not speak to strangers and off she goes. Mitsumi wants it to be an perfect day but that perfect day is becoming chaos as Shima finds her standing against a wall, when he goes and asks if everything is alright, Mitsumi stares at him with an scary look, the cause? Mitsumi got lost because it was an busy morning. Shima offers his help and says that he is late as well so the 2 haste to school, Mitsumi falls on the ground but that doesn't stop her, she takes off her shoes and socks and literally runs on her feet towards the school, the teachers were happy to see them as they arrived at school since Mitsumi needed to give an speech. Mitsumi came on the stage to give her speech when she noticed that her paper was still in her bag, but she still managed to pull it off while remembering it, but that's not it, when she is done she goes off the stairs and doesn't feel well and barfs over an teacher, the teachers outfit was indeed expensive lol. The ultime plan that Mitsumi had figured out was in shambles as he was now called "the barf girl", but that doesn't stop Shima for asking her contact info/number, the others are in shock and Mika asks Mitsumi also for Shima's number, but she says that she wants to be friends with Mitsumi as well, lets see how much of that is true. 

Fast forward and Mitsumi is at home chatting on the phone with Fumi and telling her that she made 2 friends already, Fumi is nervous for her school i think. Mitsumi's sis returns home and brought food. Shima on the other hand is with some people at an restaurant but he doesn't stay for long as he is going home early, he still thinks back to when he saw Mitsumi running on her bare feet. Shima must've had an incredible day. Mitsumi is ready to go to sleep but she can't, she still writes some stuff up and when the morning comes she looks like an zombie ngl lol, looks like she pulled an all-nighter. 

Wow what an wholesome first episode, can't wait to see the rest.
Apr 4, 2023 6:05 PM

Jul 2015
I am dead from laughing so hard. 10/10 episode.
Apr 4, 2023 6:35 PM

May 2015
I absolutely loved this one. It felt to have a "been made a decade ago" vibes to it somehow. It's so rare to get to see a good romance anime in the recent years but this one gave me the feeling that I would enjoy every mintue of it. Looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 4, 2023 6:45 PM
Jul 2016
cute characters, cute anime
Apr 4, 2023 6:50 PM
Feb 2015
This one is looking to be quite a nice time and I did chuckle quite a few times from this too, tho seeing the drama tag as the only genre listed does have me a bit scared that like something really major and serious will happen in later episodes and perhaps there are falling outs between her and people around her but I think this one should be a fun time, hoping so tho ahahah
The speech scene was amusing, towards the end where she says To the teachers, students and Feeling welcome at school whilst staring at the principal, he probably thought it felt more like she was threatening him to do his job than just giving a speech ahahahahahah bless her
Apr 4, 2023 6:50 PM
Mar 2015
She actually had a pretty good day in spite of everything that happened
Apr 4, 2023 6:52 PM

Apr 2020
Good characters, amazing art and animation. I loved the first episode.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Apr 4, 2023 7:28 PM
Nov 2020
loving the vibes!
Apr 4, 2023 7:31 PM

May 2016
The adaptation was spot on, P.A. did an awesome job! Loved the OP, ED was ok.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Apr 4, 2023 7:53 PM

Jan 2011
grinding so much lots of personality fueled into these characters already  just very happy PA works is doing something without blood for once again 

slightly salty it's out on a pretty dead day but eh maybe some other shows will come out today in the next week  ,like to stack some quality shows for a watch binge  and this for sure a comfy one 

Tomoyo has also blessed us 
Apr 4, 2023 7:54 PM
Aug 2021
In love with that cute little dance in the intro
Apr 4, 2023 8:00 PM
Dec 2021
it was solid tbh, also i loved the dance in the opening xD
Apr 4, 2023 8:02 PM
Dec 2021
NaturalPerm said:
A breath of fresh air.
Hooray for romance shows that aren't 'popular girl hangs around unpopular guy' escapism.

Tired of garbage like Tenshi-sama from last season.
Agreed, to be honest. I'd like to also add Tonikaku kawaii, I genuinely don't know why it's so well-recieved.
Apr 4, 2023 8:05 PM
Dec 2020
This was an absolutely perfect first episode!! This adaptation absolutely nailed the vibes of the manga, from the great voice acting, to the fluid animation, to the catchy music, and the additional shots featuring characters we will get to know later, this first episode clearly does the manga justice! 

I'm so damn excited, I absolutely love this manga and the first episode of the anime embodied all the best parts of it. The intro was so cute as well, with that little dancing scene. I have high hopes!
Apr 4, 2023 9:06 PM
Oct 2022
same vibe as kimi no todoke.i love this show
Apr 4, 2023 9:08 PM
Dec 2018
This anime reminds me of my high school days. simple life There's nothing to think about. Have fun with friends and teenage life
Apr 4, 2023 9:23 PM

May 2013
Love the show so far. Based PA works production. Seems like they're really taking their time in each scene to let the atmosphere and characters sink in. It's always a pleasant change of pace to see this done well in an anime. The episode itself was very cute and surprisingly funny. Looking forward to more.

I do wonder though if the series' title literally just comes from this scene in the first episode? Funny joke?
Apr 4, 2023 9:25 PM

May 2013
Ten said:
Looks nice and there is an upbeat atmosphere in this. Typical expectations vs reality first ep. It might be a trend throughout the series, I found it funny.

But it isn't tagged as romance, so is it, or not? Would probably be a cute thing regardless.
Can't say for certain, but what I heard is that most of the series is relatively platonic with some hints of romance. 
Apr 4, 2023 9:52 PM
Mar 2023
Loved the Manga, optimistic for the anime based on this first EP. Mitsumi is insanely cute without being a standard moe blob.
Apr 4, 2023 10:08 PM

Apr 2015
Oh I love the soft and simplistic art style. This seems like it'd be a really wholesome, fun show - will this fill in the void of no more Buddy Daddies? I hope so. But either way, I could already tell I'm really going to like this show. The male MC seems nice and cute (his smile is adorable!) and the female MC seems chill, cool, and funny. I was already grinning from ear to ear while watching the scene of the female MC running without her shoes (my expression was exactly like the male MC's lol). I heard really great things about the manga and the first episode didn't disappoint. Definitely one of my favorite premiere episodes of Spring 2023 so far (alongside Tengoku Daimakyou), looking forward to next week's episode!

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Apr 4, 2023 10:17 PM

Jan 2021
The most hilarious first episode of this season until now
Apr 4, 2023 10:26 PM

Nov 2021
There is not a thought behind these eyes

Apr 4, 2023 10:31 PM

Jan 2021
It makes me smile to see the positive response on this forum. The source is the only manga I wait for the updates on every month. Everything is so good and Mitsumi is really awesome. I hope more people will love them after watching this :)

Oh and the OP is fun!

Apr 4, 2023 10:49 PM
Jul 2016
Even smart girls can be dumb af lmao
Apr 4, 2023 10:56 PM
Oct 2019
It's P.A Works again but this time it was a Manga Adaptation.

The artstyle really reminds me a lot of Kimi ni Todoke.

what a nice laid back relaxing show.
Apr 4, 2023 11:19 PM
May 2017
This looks like it'll be a chill and fun watch

3.5/5
Apr 4, 2023 11:20 PM
Feb 2021
10/10 just for the opening
Apr 5, 2023 1:11 AM
Dec 2021
Wow this was actually really cute! And also funnier than I expected. Very interested to see where it goes as we continue on. PA Works doing good work as always. :)
Apr 5, 2023 2:28 AM
Nov 2022
pleasent story it is :)
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Skip to Loafer Season 2 possibilty?

thermoquasi - Feb 29

24 by _Sanchay »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2023

134 by PokefanPT »»
Yesterday, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2023

132 by PokefanPT »»
May 22, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2023

160 by PokefanPT »»
May 22, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

230 by PochaccoX3 »»
Apr 22, 9:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.