Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 12, 2023 1:45 PM

Mar 2021
So I'm currently half way through the second season, and I am highly considering reading the LN. I'm just curious how much the anime covered, and how different it is from the source. I've heard they changed some things in the anime. This isn't really gonna affect my decision, I'm just curious how much of the story I need to re-read, and how different it will be from what I've already seen. I'm not really a fan of re-watching/re-experiencing stuff, even my favorite shows, so if anything, if the LN is different it might be more interesting to me. Thanks for the help.
Mar 12, 2023 2:35 PM
Jan 2022
fyrflys said:
So I'm currently half way through the second season, and I am highly considering reading the LN. I'm just curious how much the anime covered, and how different it is from the source. I've heard they changed some things in the anime. This isn't really gonna affect my decision, I'm just curious how much of the story I need to re-read, and how different it will be from what I've already seen. I'm not really a fan of re-watching/re-experiencing stuff, even my favorite shows, so if anything, if the LN is different it might be more interesting to me. Thanks for the help.

Read the manga. I finished the manga and idk I liked it more than the anime. I haven’t read the LN tho
Mar 12, 2023 2:42 PM

Jan 2017
fyrflys said:
I'm just curious how much the anime covered, and how different it is from the source. I've heard they changed some things in the anime.

The Anime adapted Volume 1-3 & 5. (It skipped the 4th)
What was adapted was done faithfully , but they did change a few details at the beginning , nothing important tho.

fyrflys said:
how different it will be from what I've already seen.

The story itself won't be different from the Anime , but there is a lot of details , be it characters monologue , explanations about the world , or description of the decor that you will be able to discover. (It's a Novel , after all.)

Edit : There is still a lot of Volume/content that wasn't adapted , so you do have new things to see tho.

Sara_Karma said:
Read the manga.

The Manga is considered as a slightly above average adaptation tho.
It skipped many content , and the Artstyle is completely different from the one of the Light Novel.
It's best to read the Manga only if you want to see the end of their journey while avoiding the Novel.
Alexioos95Mar 12, 2023 2:45 PM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Mar 12, 2023 4:41 PM
Apr 2022
I've read through the LN series and found it quite enjoyable. If you're in it for the romance side of things, just know it progresses very slowly (not that the anime should make you expect anything different)
Mar 12, 2023 6:47 PM
Aug 2022
fyrflys said:

when you finish the anime you should read the light novel, considering that the anime adapted volume 1/2 for season 1 and adapted volume 3 and 5 for season 2, it’s just the same story as it is in the anime but with more detail and more interesting. That’s mostly because of the world building the light novel has and just the general intrigue I had from watching the anime and reading the manga. The Light Novel would be the best continuation of the story instead of the manga since nothing is cut or removed it’s just the full story. Light Novel > Anime > Manga, is how I’d rate it, but all three vary from good to amazing. (there’s also audiobooks for the first 4 volumes of the light novel which is narrated by Lawerence’s voice actor and he does a pretty good job considering he’s voicing everyone, and I mean everyone)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

154 by 0451 »»
May 14, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 2, 2008

134 by 0451 »»
May 13, 10:55 AM

» DVD-Only Episode and Episode Count

Vince - Mar 25, 2008

28 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 11, 6:22 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

33 by animejas »»
May 7, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Feb 14, 2008

189 by 0451 »»
May 6, 10:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.