Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 8, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Happy Birthday to Tomo! Not going to lie, they made Tomo look like more girly than ever with the long hair, dress, make up, etc. Their date is kinda amusing, but it looks like Tomo was too embarassed of herself. This was still a memorable birthday for Tomo thanks to her friends though.

The volleyball game was priceless to watch. Tomo played with a burning passion in her eyes.
Feb 8, 2023 7:58 AM

May 2020
Now I didn’t know if gifting goggles as a birthday present to a girl was even a thing until the first minute of this episode but I mean okay, the girl here we’re talking about is Tomo so… anyways there’s a reason why Carol’s the best girl, not only does she care deeply about her friends but gift them GOLD bars as a birthday present. Really the kind of friend we all deserve. 

Liked how Tomo crossdressed wore something womanly for once, she looked cute after all. But then as if the duo of Misuzu and Carol will leave a chance this good, told her to go out and buy ice-creams and look the luck, she stumbled upon Jun there lmao. Given the super dense being he is he of course didn’t get it was Tomo but atleast the encounter got some good for Tomo. So good for her in the end I guess.

Dodgeball in anime is always anything but normal, we’ve a long history after all. Witnessed something of the same magnitude here as well. Felt like as if runaway animals from zoo were partaking. Though all and all Tomo team did beat the gorilla team and won the sports tournament. Btw never thought sensei would have a voice that female like, it’s almost like some female VA is voicing him lol. 
Feb 8, 2023 10:16 AM

Apr 2016
Reference books as a birthday present may easily be the most based gift a person can get ... from a friend lmao, golden bar on the other hand ... Now, they make the effort to not seem like one, but Misuzu and Carol actually are the best tag team in this, even making the surprise birthday party.

Also, nice makeover, humanity 0, makeup 1, once again.

Feb 8, 2023 10:32 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Looks like the season has changed to summer which makes Jun's gift pretty appropiate. Carols gift though was the most unique. Tomo post transformation though would be a total knockout for guys. Given her aura its a no brainer to put Tomo on the boys team. Their opponent in the finals sure was one hell of a brute.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2023 10:41 AM

Jul 2017
Tomo's birthday present being a pair of sunshades from Junichiro, books from Misuzu and the singing Carol offering a bar of gold. To top it all up, dressing Tomo up to be as feminine as possible, and she looks very different from her usual tomboyish type. But overall, forcing her to go out in her get-up so that Jun can see her in feminine clothes, and it's bound that he would've noticed it anyways, even if it definitely feels off...NOT. How dense is Junichiro not to notice that it's Tomo, thereby revealing himself in his naturalness about her. But trying to beat Tomo as a sign of acknowledgement, and forgetting all about the ice-cream on the way back, at least she got some kind of confirmation that she otherwise wouldn't have heard out from his mouth.

The dodgeball sports tournament where Tomo is dragged onto the boys' team, it's a dodgeball bloodbath, even right until the final round with Judo Club's 3rd-year Senpai Goma Takeru, who plays sports like it's all-out violence. What a tragic sacrifice and save from Junichiro to Tomo, to a feint by passing to the people who are out to win the tournament lols, smart Tomo. The gorilla is not done with Junichiro, and to challenge him in karate while wasn't the wisest move for the latter to lose, it questioned the cold hard truth that's right in front of him: how to overcome Tomo, their past and their current.

Junichiro finally having the balls of thought, even if it's a small bit.
Feb 8, 2023 10:46 AM

Feb 2019
Dying at Carol bringing a damn block of gold to school lmaooo

Tomo transformation was so cute. Misuzu and Carol may have their quirks but their amazing friends who really do just want tomo to be happy and comfortable with herself. Sometimes that takes a literal push like today.

Last couple of episodes have shown that Jun really is starting to change his perception of Tomo and question what their relationship is and will be in the future. The wheels are spinning

The real power couple
Marinate1016Feb 8, 2023 10:59 AM
Feb 8, 2023 10:52 AM

Oct 2017
Tomo with the sunglasses, smug. She looked cute all dressed up. Carole casually bringing a gold bar for Tomo was hilarious. The dodgeball match was something else, literally.
Feb 8, 2023 11:19 AM
Mar 2018
Dang, I need to hurry up and finish reading the manga since this was just in volume 4 which I read a couple weeks ago. I wonder how the rest is going to get paced out since this episode is the halfway point of the anime but only a third way through the manga. Unless the rest of the volumes are shorter I suppose. It wouldn't surprise me if they condensed it all to fit because it really seems like it was going pretty fast.
Feb 8, 2023 11:45 AM

Jan 2018
Jun unknowingly goes on a short date with Tomo... lol

I understand Jun's character a bit more now. It’s not like he secretly in love with Tomo. He looks up to her and now that they're both grown up, he doesn’t know how to treat her anymore. So he just pretends to be a dude-bro with her. Or at least that's the impression I got.

On a side note, Carol's VA Sally doing both the sub and dub voice is making me consider watching the dub.
Feb 8, 2023 12:06 PM

Oct 2018
episode funny again, very surprising anime, i didn't thoughts i will like it this much, very good moment when i look it
Feb 8, 2023 12:17 PM

Apr 2010
Dodge ball field turning into a warzone again they certainly like the exaggerate where it matters.
Anyway the part where Tomo was being dressed up was funny, she is really insecure when it comes to her femininity, but she has nothing to worry about.
Also that gold bar.
Feb 8, 2023 12:19 PM

Dec 2013
I see dodgeball on my anime and I expect a HxH reference, simple as.
Feb 8, 2023 12:30 PM

Feb 2021
Carol really brought a gold bar as a birthday present...
Feb 8, 2023 12:41 PM
Oct 2021
really loving this show episode by episode. i love the characters and their little quirks
Feb 8, 2023 12:42 PM
Nov 2022
I loved the episode, although now I have a feeling that Misuzu is hiding something weird about Jun and Tomo, but it may just be a simple assumption.

As for Jun, it seems to me that he has more admiration for Tomo than just seeing her as a girl.

I don't know why I say it until now, but I love the ending xdd.
Feb 8, 2023 12:56 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So it turns out that Jun has the same birth month as myself being born in October. For Tomo's birthday she got a pair of sunglasses from Jun, some reference books from Misuzu, and Carol literally gave her a huge gold brick. Carol and Misuzu decided to team up again an give Tomo a makeover that makes her look absolutely stunning and happens to catch the attention of Jun. We kind of get a glimpse Jun's perspective of his relationship with Tomo in a sense that he admires Tomo so much that he can't see himself being in a serious relationship her until he beats her. However, Tomo may decide to force the issue as their time in high school slowly comes to a close forcing Jun to make a decision to throw his childish admiration and accept Tomo as a woman. 
Feb 8, 2023 12:59 PM

Jan 2011
i think this is the first episode that i didnt find funny, would ve liked if they put more effort on animating the matches
Feb 8, 2023 12:59 PM

Mar 2020
If Carol could use her wealth to her advantage, that would be something wouldn't it? Instead, she just brought a gold bar to school to celebrate Tomo's birthday. The makeover was pretty hilarious, but Jun didn't even know it was Tomo. The dodgeball game kind of reminded me of Spy X Family's dodgeball episode, with how insane it was.

The story might not all be there, but the characters are just so entertaining.
Feb 8, 2023 1:47 PM

May 2019
Wow, I would also not have recognized Tomo after the makeover if I hadn't seen Misuzu and Carol do the work, Tomo really was pretty. It made sense putting Tomo in the boys dodgeball team given how strong she is and that pass was unexpected but nice.

At the end Tomo is still a girl as she herself said and Jun is overestimating her hence that pass but I think that interaction will help Jun realize that Tomo doesn't want to be just a bro anymore.
Feb 8, 2023 1:49 PM

Mar 2010
Tomo wouldn't be tomo if she acted girly. I'd say going for half and half is a better solution. tis like situational.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 8, 2023 1:51 PM

May 2022
Never has there been a character as cold as Gundou Misuzu. Tanabe is literally dying to get her attention, and she can not be bothered to even look in his direction. So cold! So cool! Misuzu is best girl by far. 

The only thing I can ask for is more Mifune and Ogawa!
Feb 8, 2023 1:56 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I wasn’t gonna draw attention to my birthday in today’s post but the first bit of this episode being about Tomo’s birthday made it too good to pass up, so great timing there lol (also cool that I share the same month as Gundou), Jun got her cool sunglasses and Gundou gave her a less pleasant gift lol, and then comes Carol with a gold brick which is fitting for her. And Tomo’s makeover afterward was quite the glow up, she looked great but of course you can’t beat the classic tomboy look, and Jun sussing Tomo out but not quite figuring out it was her was great lol. It was also interesting hearing about what he thinks about his relationship with Tomo both there and at the end of the episode.

And the last bit about the dodgeball tournament was great, Jun and Tomo being able to play together like old times and crush the competition was great to see, and their match against Goma was pretty epic with a less epic ending with Tomo’s shot not hitting and instead being passed to Tobame who gets the winning hit lol. It was also funny that Goma’s insult to Tomo was taken as a compliment at the beginning of the match.
TheColonel76Feb 8, 2023 2:57 PM
Feb 8, 2023 2:08 PM
May 2020
haven't seen such an intense dodgeball match in a while there
Feb 8, 2023 2:16 PM

May 2018
ok Tomo was way too cute with that 'transformation'
Feb 8, 2023 2:21 PM
Oct 2016
Showing two very different sides to Tomo in each of the segments this episode. Firstly having Misuzu and Carol dress her up even more feminine than before and go out in public to see how the reaction is. Naturally she has to run into Jun at the store but it was funny when he didn't fully recognize her. That lead to some funny moments of him thinking it could be Tomo but going no way she'd dress like this. The two watching that soccer game and seeing the young boy and girl being friends did lead to some nice reflection by Jun. Thinking how he misses those days and how inseparable him and Tomo were. Now he's all confused and just wants that solidarity of their innocence back. The latter segment with the dodgeball tournament had that same kind of moment too. Beforehand though I laughed a bunch seeing Tomo and Jun her super serious about dodgeball. Annihilating every team they faced even the supposed toughest guy in school. Jun discussing with him later about how all he's wanted was to be as strong as Tomo but now that's starting to clash with his newer feeling for her was an interesting conversation. Both portions in this episode sent the message that things are different now than they were in their younger days and those feelings need to be dealt with.
Feb 8, 2023 2:23 PM
Nov 2019
Jun really pulled the "my body just moved on its own" line. 
Feb 8, 2023 2:50 PM
Jul 2022
This show is so good!!!! I can't get enough!
Feb 8, 2023 3:20 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
For but a fleeting moment, Misuzu became gay

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 8, 2023 3:33 PM

Nov 2021
The ending was really interesting. There's more to this than just "Jun doesn't see Tomo as a girl", but he still looks up to her as he did when they were kids, and maybe he's scared that a more typical boy/girl relationship will change how he looks up to her.
Feb 8, 2023 3:39 PM
Nov 2021
Pretty sure that dodgeball play was illegal… funny ep though, gold bar cracked me up
Feb 8, 2023 3:55 PM

Jun 2014
When they made Tomo up to look more feminine, it was really something. There's nothing wrong with her standard appearance, but I'm a girly girl who likes girly girls, so women's fashion just makes more sense to me, lol.

That was some pretty intense dodgeball.

Feb 8, 2023 3:59 PM

Dec 2009
The beautification scene was fairly sweet, even though I never expected the wig to not be red, but the volleyball match didn't hit right comedically like I imagined from the manga...

Frustrating how some portions of scenes from the manga are cut out and rushed. 
I was looking forward to the teacher being upset about telling Tomo she can't play against the girls.
Feb 8, 2023 4:55 PM

Jun 2022
I definitely would have thought Tomo's wig was her natural hair because of how good it looked. It was definitely a strange change of pace seeing her dressing more girly. The dodgeball part was absolutely legendary, Tomo and Jun were just demolishing everybody, even Gorilla man. 
Feb 8, 2023 5:00 PM

Sep 2021
This episode was really enjoyable, even the scenes with Jun and Tomo. Not as uncomfortable as usually and actually funny!

I love how Tomo seduced Misuzu for a second during the transformation xD Nobody can resist Tomo's ladykiller vibe, not even an ice queen with years of experience!
The meeting with Jun was really relatable too! I like how she didn't reveal who she was and just decided to enjoy being treated as a lady. 

And the second part was finally what I expected from this show. Tomo and Jun working together as a team without constant self-conciousness and awkward blushing was so cool! 
And Tomo even realized that's what she wants to have with Jun! Though she doesnt see how it's possible just yet. Misuzu's thoughts about it sure were hard to interpret. My first guess would be that she knows it is possible for Jun and Tomo to be both couple and best friends, but she can't give up her favorite playthings just yet. It's very vague though. 

Tomo's comment on how she can't beat Jun in pure strength cause he's a guy and she's a girl also came of more ironic, in the context of her literally smashing Misaki thorugh half the gym into a wall a few hours ago. Much better placement of this then back when Jun said it.

Feb 8, 2023 6:13 PM
Mar 2015
He did not recognize her as a girl but he became strong to be like her
Feb 8, 2023 6:36 PM
Feb 8, 2023 8:08 PM
Mar 2021
Rierie voice really power up in this episode!
Oh god, am I in the heaven right now? Why am I seeing the Angel here?
Tomo appeareance really stunning! thankyou producer!
Their true feeling got exposed in this episode. I think Tomo still didn't get what Jun feels about her. But she knows, that he will treat her well when he really recognized her as true Woman.
I still don't know, why Jun want to be like Tomo(?). Is it cause he wanted to be free as Tomo? In strength, I'm pretty sure Jun was stronger.

Thanks for this episode! 💗💖💖

hafizgvFeb 8, 2023 8:13 PM
Feb 8, 2023 8:10 PM

Jul 2019
TOMO-CHAN IS PEAK                            
Feb 8, 2023 8:11 PM

Jul 2020
great episode that transformation made her look cute but her boyish looks has its own charm
Feb 8, 2023 8:12 PM
Feb 2021
saw a comment somewhere else that said "why does this feel like a build up to a romance that'll stay one sided? He simply appears to admire her and doesn't see her in the way she does him" and now im completed devastated thinking about how that is a possibility. please god don't let this be true or ill eat a bus
Feb 8, 2023 8:17 PM

Jan 2022
Both parts of this episode were somes of the best of the anime so far, epic, very funny and somes good character development between Tomo and Jun which consolidates their love. A great mix !
I like everything, ok
Feb 8, 2023 9:29 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
Its Tomo's birthday and Mizusu got her reference books while Carol... well I mean gave her a whole gold bar, so she should be happy but idk if im even accepting that cause its way to much lol.

They also made her dress up and gave her a make over, ngl I still prefer tomboy Tomo over girly Tomo.

The ball sports tournament went as anyone would expect with Jun and Tomo dominating up until the final when they met the captain of the Judo club Goma senpai. Bro is a behemoth. In the end some spectacular throw by Tomo and the casual throw by Tatsumi won them the gold!

Jun getting into some deep thoughts at the end as well. Wanting to be like Tomo.

See you lot next week!! 

Feb 8, 2023 9:37 PM

Aug 2014
This was a fun fun fun episode.  From the birthday transformation, to the dodgeball, to the judo.

They should both join the judo club. 

As for the male MC, sometimes I wonder if he even likes the female MC in a romantic way. It feels like he just enjoys her presence in a friendly way, nothing romantic
Feb 8, 2023 10:43 PM

Nov 2020
offspades said:
saw a comment somewhere else that said "why does this feel like a build up to a romance that'll stay one sided? He simply appears to admire her and doesn't see her in the way she does him" and now im completed devastated thinking about how that is a possibility. please god don't let this be true or ill eat a bus

Oh no🥲 I haven't think about it yet, but I was thinking while watching this episode that I have no idea what's going on in Jun's head anymore😩 First I thought he was thinking Tomo like him as a bro, but he has something going on, because he is jelaous and trying to protect her a lot of times. He also was acting "weird" sometimes around Tomo as well, like he was a little embarassed. But idk how to feel after this episode
Feb 8, 2023 11:35 PM

Jul 2019
Tomo-chan being obnoxious about being older than Jun and Misuzu, lol.

How can you not love Carol? She's an angel, a fluffy, sweet, weird angel!

Feb 9, 2023 6:49 AM

Jul 2021
tied hair misuzu at the start looked so pretty 🥺🥺🥺

also carol is new hairstyle was looking pertty cute. didn't look as good in her earlier hairstyle.

jun's problem is becoming clearer now. he's just not able to see tomo as his equal, he looks up to her afterall. i feel like a nice good talk with tomo can make everything better.

5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 9, 2023 7:09 AM

Feb 2021
Those sunglasses look lame tbh. 

Another great episode. 
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Feb 9, 2023 7:51 AM
Jan 2015
always laugh hard, funniest anime this season
Feb 9, 2023 8:32 AM

Sep 2020
Very great episode, she looks pretty nice in the clothes they made her wear, and the volleyball part is very hilarious, can't help but thinking about the similar scenes in both HxH and Spy x Family.
Feb 9, 2023 8:42 AM

Jun 2020
I LOVE CAROL HAHAHAHAHHAHA

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2023

327 by Lanz »»
Jun 7, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2023

159 by Magicmist »»
Jun 3, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2023

125 by Magicmist »»
Jun 2, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2023

163 by Magicmist »»
Jun 1, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2023

178 by Magicmist »»
May 30, 3:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.