Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 4 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 26, 2023 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
More dungeon fighting and this one is just as intense as the others. Hestia Familia are some of the toughest fighters in this franchise as they continue to prove themselves this season.

While not too much has changed comparing this episode and the others, it's shown that the group really trusts each other. Welf also displays his world knowledgable and isn't afraid to take risks. Looks like they set up this episode for the very next one. 
Jan 26, 2023 6:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Another solid episode. It's been quite a while since I last read vol.14 so I can't recall exactly if they're playing this fully chronologically (the action in floor 26 being the same as where Ryuu/Bell are at), but they're certainly ratcheting up the tension and the feeling of despair for those involved.
Anya and the rescue squad on the other hand really bring the comic relief into the equation. Much needed too.
Welf's chance to shine is finally here. Look forward to seeing his end product animated :-)
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 26, 2023 7:21 AM
Sep 2022
I like it when the characters don't give up on the situation, plan strategies, come up with survival ideas, and trust each other. and what matters most is how they can overcome this desperate situation.

This series really depicts a real dungeon, unlike other fantasy anime that make dungeons like the main character's playground.
Jan 26, 2023 7:25 AM

Apr 2010
Well Ryo's past seems to be a focus but only parts of it, well we know what happens we just don't know how it happened the question is do we want to see it or not.
Anyway the others are making progress despite everything that's going on and it seems they also have a search party on their tail even if the aren't aware of that yet.
Still it seems Bell and Ryu are still in the tough spot and need help fast.
Jan 26, 2023 7:52 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Solid ep. 

Hestia Familia just cant catch a break as they try to push onward to save Bell as they face monsters at every turn and I'm so glad we're finally gonna get to see Welf shine. The whole team putting their trust into him as he tries to help out in their current situation is one of my favorite moments from vol.14.

I also like how this 2nd half has been handling the flashbacks we've gotten of Ryu's time with Astraea Familia. Instead dedicating whole eps to it, so far we're just getting them in bits before swapping to present time. Pretty smart move tbh. 

Definitely looking forward to the next ep. 

Jan 26, 2023 8:11 AM

Jul 2017
Ryu's backstory on the Astrea Familia where she used to belong, the all-female group investigating on Evilus a.k.a the Rudra Familia, Jura, and the Lower Floors, it was a disaster easily prevented that said Elf herself predicted that the entire Familia would meet their demise.

As Bell contends with the Skull Sheeps glancing within the sidelines while Ryu gets some rest, the Astrea Familia under Alise gets going to investigate the Lower Floors. The Hestia Familia surrounded by higher-level-tier monsters coming non-stop towards the 26th Floor, the entire Dungeon becomes unbalanced until its repair. Bors being the only survivor to come out of it unscathed, and his account of Bell fighting against the Irregular was time already lost before his bare survival thanks to the Gale Wind Ryu.

From now on, the Hestia Familia must thread their paths closely and wisely to minimize their damage. Welf instead, has an idea for a makeshift weaponsmith area using the most powerful ore of adamantite, but the crux being that the rest must protect him before the forging process is done, the blacksmith honors his word to the trust of everyone, regardless of how this'll turn out.

The bet on Welf "Ignis" Crozzo, hope it pays off handsomely.
Jan 26, 2023 8:25 AM

Oct 2017
A glimmer of hope in the middle of despair, you can do it Welf. Aisha rallying them was great. Also these episodes go by way too fast.
Jan 26, 2023 8:29 AM
Apr 2021
I’m not caught up on the anime only seen up to season 3 but I recently started the light novels from the beginning and OMG it’s been fantastic it blows the anime out of the water I’m tryna get caught up on the light novels now and then come back to watch it animated :)
Jan 26, 2023 8:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The members of Astrea familia sure looked to be a fun bunch back then. Anya is defo in her element within the dungeon. But just as adventurers adapt to the dungeon the duneon itself can also adapt to them as well. Which really made the team's foray into the dungeon that much trickier. In these situations when morale is low Aisha's direct nature really comes in handy. Resting their minds and bodies are important but so is repairing their gear as well. The battle to defend the forge would be a difficult one but well worth the wait on account of the gear.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2023 8:46 AM

Jan 2009
welf will forge magic swords eh
Jan 26, 2023 8:50 AM

Mar 2010
I can't wait to see how OP they gonna get once they make it out of dat dungeon, they are basically doing farming and grinding like them addicted gamers haha

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 26, 2023 8:51 AM

Jan 2013
I'll just make us some op magic weapons! 
Great idea! ok! 

No gods tryna teleport down there and save them I guess...that would be too obvious.
Jan 26, 2023 9:01 AM

Feb 2019
If the love and trust ain’t like what lili got for Bell I don’t want it lol.

Bors and Aisha bralet have the biggest plot armour

Big gamble that Welf is taking but with only one strike of his blade left, what’s really to lose? Proud of him for being brave enough to do it. Hype for next week
Marinate1016Jan 26, 2023 9:06 AM
Jan 26, 2023 9:04 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Cool episode again1!!!!

Welf determination, amazing!!! kekeke
Jan 26, 2023 9:21 AM
Aug 2022
Another solid episode.
He was entrusted by everyone.
Can't wait for next episode
Jan 26, 2023 10:13 AM

May 2020
Well they've been hyping up how monstrously dangerous these upper floors or lower, whatever they say are but goodness we didn't actually see even a single fatality yet lol. And look their audacity, forging weapons right in the middle of lion's den.. you sure get high on confidence when you know plot is aiding you.
Jan 26, 2023 10:22 AM

Aug 2013
Bors is one lucky guy to be able to survive all the shit he went through.

It was cool to see Aisha rallying the party and now it's Welf's turn to shine. But to forge weapons when monsters are coming after you is an insane idea.

Jan 26, 2023 10:39 AM
Apr 2016
Softhenic03 said:
Well they've been hyping up how monstrously dangerous these upper floors or lower, whatever they say are but goodness we didn't actually see even a single fatality yet lol. And look their audacity, forging weapons right in the middle of lion's den.. you sure get high on confidence when you know plot is aiding you.
yeah everyone died except Bell's group lol, because of the power of friendship i guess

Jan 26, 2023 10:52 AM

Nov 2016
Someone should make an Aisha says Bell Cranel compilation if there isn't one already lol

Seriously tho, it's crazy what a frigging MVP she is this season. And I'm looking forward to the Welf episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 26, 2023 11:57 AM

Dec 2022
this episode there was no progress on bell cornel but his party is doing good also i have to wonder what kind of master piece welth is gonna make
Jan 26, 2023 12:08 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
pretty solid episode!

The dungeon does seem extra pissed at them by sending multiple hordes of monsters from lower floors towards them.

That skull sheep was like, alrighty then see you later and dipped.

seems like its Welfs time to shine next episode!!

Jan 26, 2023 12:48 PM
Aug 2020
This new season is really good, I like this atmosphere
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 26, 2023 12:50 PM

Feb 2014
The dungeon is in a bit of a pissy mood now, as Liliruca's group, after their narrow victory against Amphisbaena, still have to deal with an absurd amount of enemy spawns on the 26th floor. It was a good thing that Bors was still alive and was rescued by them, so he could tel the group what he saw in the other fight back in the first half of this season.

His words of what happened did make Lilircua horrified and upset, but Aisha got him to tell the story again in specific detail, which gave hope back to the group that Bell and Ryu are fine. Speaking of which, Bell's attempt to fend off a Skull Sheep enemy by his words and combat stance alone worked out well.

Not to forget, the flashback of the Astrea Familia as they planned on what would be their final mission together before the tragic incident did give us insight on the personalities of the Familia itself. They knew the mission would be a trap, but they would take the risk and go anyway. Poor Ryu...

Welf's determination to help his team by setting up a mobile workshop was an awesome moment. The soundtrack also helped to convey the powerful scene as Welf was prepared to give everything he had to make new weapons for the team by using the adamantite ore that he found. I look forward to seeing what he'll make next time! =)
Jan 26, 2023 3:10 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
And here I thought the Hestia Familia would get a break after Amphisbaena was defeated, but nope they’re still in a really bad spot, and hey look Bors is back lol. And we find ourselves in yet another do or die situation with Welf having to make new magic swords while the others defend him, that’ll be interesting to see.

We also got a bit more of the Astraea Familia in the beginning, they definitely seemed very close with all the teasing of Ryu, and it looks like we might get to witness when they all met their ends since that’s apparently the day it happened, I’m looking forward to seeing more of them tho, even if it’s their deaths lol.
Jan 26, 2023 3:43 PM
Dec 2021
another useless back story of astrea familia (5 min wasted) why it looks like anime is on stand still, there is little to none progression in 4 weeks. dude bell just moved 10 meters in 4 weeks.
nagarsJan 26, 2023 5:02 PM
Jan 26, 2023 5:48 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Another trip down memory lane as Ryuu dreams about the Astrea Familia before they meet their end, why Bell keeps watch. The rest of Bell's party is not out of the woods just yet as they keep fighting monsters on the 26th floor without getting a chance to rest. They managed to find one of the survivors from the lower floors Bors who didn't clearly explained what happened to Bell other than the fact that he got smacked by the Juggernaut monster. Before they can go any further, they are going to need fresh weapons and that's when Welf comes in by making a makeshift forge.  
Jan 26, 2023 5:55 PM

Dec 2018
this show has become a slow moving dumpster fire.
Jan 26, 2023 6:57 PM

Feb 2018
Ooo I wonder what kind of weapon Welf will cook up. Perhaps one that can keep using magic without breaking? That'll be something amazing given their current situation.

I do agree that the pacing of the story so far is a bit slow tho.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jan 26, 2023 6:58 PM

Jan 2013
I wonder when they will find Bell, or to be more precise at which episode will they find him.

But i love the feel of this arc, it's completely different from what we've got, so much despair in almost a whole season since they came to these lower levels.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 27, 2023 12:47 AM
Apr 2021
So monsters from the Deep Floors are intelligent. That's scary alright especially when that Skull Sheep was just staring at Bell and wondering to attack or not plus the White Palace doesn't have good lighting so it's hard to know if it's suddenly right in front of your face. We also see the moments before the tragedy befell the Astraea Familia which is really sad when you know Ryuu and Jura (awesome he's dead) are the only ones who survived and the Astraea Familia members are very close to one another. Aside from that, the news of Bell's presumed death was a shock for everyone ( nice that Mikoto and Haruhime were unconscious). So Bors didn't see Bell's awesome counterattack against the Juggernaut and them getting swallowed by a Lambton. Other then that Welf the rest are willing to take risks moving forward like creating a Magic Sword in the Lower Floors. I bet the groups courage surpass many other Familia plus the majority of them are only Level 2. They're at floor 26 and even regular Level 4's will have a hard time there (aside from Bell )
Jan 27, 2023 6:09 AM

Oct 2008
Blacksmithing while the nightmare is ongoing! haha intense!
5/5.

Jan 27, 2023 6:39 AM

Jul 2020
blacksmith's time to shine
Jan 27, 2023 7:45 AM
Mar 2021
We can see the scene before the disaster of Lion Famili. Sure she had a bad dream 😢
This whole episode fill with Hit n Run.
Last, Blacksmithing while in danger... It's remind me to some Manhwa called "Overgeared".
Jan 27, 2023 9:41 AM
Dec 2021
a quick overview
(flashback)
•Ryu : alise don't go
(present)
•another skull sheep
•bell's team fighting monsters
•bell's team fighting some more monsters
•Welf saw adamantite ore
•Bors appeared
•welf : magic sword about to broke, I'll make some more

the end
Jan 27, 2023 3:02 PM

May 2018
Nothing like forging in a dungeon lmao
Jan 27, 2023 8:19 PM

Jul 2016
FORGE, WELF! FORGE! Man, how much I have waited for him to finally receive some damn focus.

And freaking Cassandra not healing anyone... come on, she's probably the one with the most magic left.
Jan 27, 2023 10:10 PM
Mar 2015
Stop while I make a sword
Jan 28, 2023 12:50 AM
Aug 2017
Not what I would call reinforcements, but the Hestia group will certainly need another pair of hands to work their way out. Nice episode, actually a really good on, since it felt like it ended to early, which is always a great sign that I got sucked into it! :)
Jan 28, 2023 12:52 AM
Aug 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Bors and Aisha bralet have the biggest plot armour
I can imagine Bors ending up as another character that ends up absorbed by the Borg Collective Hestia Family wether he likes it or not :D
Jan 28, 2023 9:29 AM

Nov 2013
the Astrea familia really was a fun one, teasing Leon out of her mind lol
that being said, they could have shown something other than the day of their death

the small girl saying it was a trap, just like Cassandra, maybe they should have listened to her lol
"to prevent a tragedy from possibly happening" , i think they just made a bigger tragedy instead, not that i can blame them, no one would expect that crazy bastard and his idea of destroying the dungeon to summon that monster
they were smiling too much before such a serious mission

this opening song is beautiful, from calm (with the death scenes) to fast with our team's action, damn

uff, a skull sheep appeared but Bell scared it away without fighting, it didn't want to die i guess, unlike the top floor monsters who are stupid and attack instantly

the cat team is here, and already seeing what happened to the waterfall, are they in the 24th floor or something?

what the hell is happening in that place, 27th floor monsters and ores appearing in floor 26, the dungeon is going crazy lol

they found one of the guys that wasa with Bell when he thought that big monster, and he saw them both losing the fight
Lili didn't like what she heard and snapped at him, lol at her when movements when Welf picked her up

hearing about Bell possible death, they are losing their motivation again, Lili doesn't even care if she dies, since Bell is her only important person
but there's still s slight hope of him having survived, so they all will keep looking for him, and go together to the safety point in the lower floors

the way she grabbed that guy and told him to man up, she is scary lmao

Welf is the only hope, with his smithing skills to make magic swords
i wonder why everyone was trying to stop him, it's not like they have any ideas lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 28, 2023 8:27 PM

Mar 2013
Welf is so cool in this episode!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 29, 2023 7:55 AM
May 2021
This keeps getting better
Jan 29, 2023 10:54 AM

Jun 2015
Young Welf getting his freak on, lets go magical adhoc dungeon crafted magical items!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jan 30, 2023 5:40 PM
Jan 2023
I’m just wondering why the episodes list isn’t updating, so therefore notifications aren’t working for this season. Admins who’s in charge of this? They are slacking.
Jan 31, 2023 3:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yup, nice to see them motivated again after learning that Bell might be alive, making a sword in this situation that's a bold move but it can change everything
Feb 1, 2023 9:45 PM
Oct 2019
A slight of hope in the middle of despair...

Welf speech give me chills. let's fcking forge the Magic Sword.
Feb 2, 2023 9:08 AM
Jan 2021
The animation it improved lot the pacing of the anime really fucking good this eps feel like a metal break this might be the best season hope we get seasons 2 cour did it justice
Feb 2, 2023 9:47 AM

Nov 2014
there was probably only about 16-17 minutes of content, excluding the opening Recap, OP and ED. Not sure why they're doing that maybe to make it seem like its a full 21 minute episode excluding the OP and ED of course.
Feb 6, 2023 7:18 PM

Feb 2014
this anime has one of the worst pacing I've ever seen.
Feb 9, 2023 9:19 AM

Jul 2022
I love this season. We all want our Bell Cranel, but this really isn't about him, it's about developing the rich cast of characters on his team and how they interrelate. It's a slow grind, but just about all of them are given decent opportunities to open up - and it all resonates with the bits we've been given in previous seasons. It really wouldn't work well in a movie format, but it's solid chemistry here.

I'm playing catch-up today. The music is still fabulous and the animation is gorgeous.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2023

205 by chahid »»
May 2, 12:09 PM

» Am I the only one thinking that about these OST ?

NekoToChiru - Mar 3

19 by therealnagora »»
Mar 28, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2023

123 by amlg »»
Feb 10, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2023

180 by amlg »»
Feb 10, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2023

103 by amlg »»
Feb 10, 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.