Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 15, 2023 8:14 AM
Jun 2021
Is this Canon to fill time & story gap or transition between Alicization and other arc just like SAO: Ordinal Scale (Season2 Aincrad - Season3 Alicization)?

Information 1
There are some Alicization untold story in S3 episodes where Kirito stuck inside underworld for years with Asuna.

Information 2
SAO anime list:
Season 1: Sword Art Online (2012)
Season 2: Sword Art Online II (2014)
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online (2018)
Sword Art Online Movie: Ordinal Scale
Season 3, Part 1: Sword Art Online: Alicization (2018–2019)
Season 3, Part 2: Sword Art Online: Alicization – War of Underworld (2019–2020)
Season 3, Part 3: Sword Art Online: Alicization – War of Underworld Part 2 (2020)

Whatever they make on this SAO series I wish that it will have wonderful animation, story, and bgm etc.

Note: Please correct with me peacefully if I was wrong. Any useful information is really appreciated.
Jan 15, 2023 8:39 AM
Jan 2023
Maybe the second progressive movie?
Isn't there a second movie coming out?

Edit: never mind, found the second part.
Maybe you're right and it's about the time where asuna and kirito are in underworld
ironigrisJan 15, 2023 8:46 AM
Jan 15, 2023 11:06 AM

Dec 2021
Kingfariz said:
There are some Alicization untold story in S3 episodes where Kirito stuck inside underworld for years with Asuna.
you mean Moon's Cradle? Ig it's small arc so a movie can be good option. But imo it would be some original content again and later they will fit it with the cannon continuation (like they did with Ordinal Scale)

Since Unital Ring isn't finished yet chances are low imo

"𝑰𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒔, 𝑰 𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒔?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Jan 15, 2023 1:31 PM
Jan 2023
My bets are honestly on Moon Cradle right now, seeing as (without going into spoilers) The Unital Ring arc actually has two main overlapping stories going on and the second of which is very clearly meant to continue off of foundations that Moon Cradle left. I think it would be a very bad move NOT to have Moon Cradle animated around this point before UR starts up, and since it's only 2 volumes (one of which being a small volume), I could see them doing it as a movie, but not a series.

These are just my thoughts as of now, anyway.
Jan 16, 2023 12:00 AM
Jun 2021
TheRealNightSky said:
My bets are honestly on Moon Cradle right now, seeing as (without going into spoilers) The Unital Ring arc actually has two main overlapping stories going on and the second of which is very clearly meant to continue off of foundations that Moon Cradle left. I think it would be a very bad move NOT to have Moon Cradle animated around this point before UR starts up, and since it's only 2 volumes (one of which being a small volume), I could see them doing it as a movie, but not a series.

These are just my thoughts as of now, anyway.
Agree, there might be a chance if this is a canon, they will make some part of the movie adapt some story from moon cradle.
Jan 16, 2023 1:50 AM
Apr 2016
I watched S1 and S2 on it's premiere. Is there fluid story progression between s1, s2 and s3? Second season felt more like a spinoff or sth rather different rather then simple czy continuation.
Jan 16, 2023 5:43 AM
Feb 2022
ironigris said:

Maybe you're right and it's about the time where asuna and kirito are in underworld

bro where are you living movie was already out on theatres from 10 sep
Jan 16, 2023 5:45 AM
Jan 2023
saketsahu said:
ironigris said:

bro where are you living movie was already out on theatres from 10 sep

Well, obviously on the Ass from earth 🤷🏻‍♀️
ironigrisJan 16, 2023 6:04 AM
Jan 16, 2023 11:11 AM
Apr 2022
Call me insane but I think this will either be a standalone movie with an entirely different story or a reimagining of the first season where perhaps the virtual world becomes the real world, like a singularity. I can’t say I’m a big fan but I’m interested.
Jan 20, 2023 9:35 AM
Sep 2014
Brissinger said:
I watched S1 and S2 on it's premiere. Is there fluid story progression between s1, s2 and s3? Second season felt more like a spinoff or sth rather different rather then simple czy continuation.
Yes, it does and s3 (Alicization and War of Underworld) are basically one big season that is the length of s1 and s2. Before watching s3 though I strongly recommend watching the Ordinal Scale movie. It was anime original but it hints at what's to come in s3 and s3 makes some call backs to it. It's also just a very fun and pretty movie. 
Jan 27, 2023 1:09 AM

Jun 2016
This might age poorly, but I really doubt it'll be about UR or Moon Cradle or a sequel to Alicization.

Given that A-1 just started doing Progressive, it'd be really strange to back off to continue off from Alicization. Especially with how they're handling Progressive, with a good majority of it being anime original. It'd make a lot more sense that this was an original 'Progressive' movie - during early Aincrad with Mito.

My other prediction would probably be a re-adaptation of volume 1 but with movie production. Progressive isn't doing poorly by any means - but movies like Demon Slayer, One Piece Red, Suzume are all popping off ludicrous 10+ billion jpy numbers and re-organizing the top grossing charts of JP theaters so yeah... that being said One Piece and Suzume did come out after so, not the best example but Demon slayer, you get the point.

Clearly there's an insane market that can be capitalized on and Progressive has shown that it can pull similar opening numbers even with covid cancellations so there's no real need to hurry to the next one.

So my guess would probably be a vol 1 adaptation, like Sword Art Online the movie or something. Some attempt at trying to capitalize on the original success of SAO and do a 10bil movie? - with some original content cuz they said original lol
InorichiJan 27, 2023 1:51 AM
Jul 19, 2023 12:26 PM

Oct 2020
Moon Cradle into a Movie adaptation would be completely Fine. I'm 100% okay with it because those 2 volumes would perfectly fit in a 2hr-2hr30min movie.....MAYBE they might add some original Content to it and try to make it better.

Whatever they do, I just want SAO to hit that R rating n Continue being Bloody like Alicization. The Dark tone of Alicization fits SAO better tbh.....I can only hope.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
May 4, 5:56 PM
Dec 2020
My guess would be the Dark Elf arc, Insectsite content, or Asuka Empire content, it would fit in with the current LN arc, Unital Ring and it'll be quite important. Honestly, it makes sense why the current volume takes so long (2 years) to make b/c it might connect to characters there.

The Dark Elf arc might be important, but the movie is said to be original content so it might be from another perspective like, Kizmel's or another player's, the Progressive movie didnt touch it and it seems important for UR arc.

We do have Asuka Empire content as a SAO Progressive and Yuuki's side story, again, the movie is original content so it might go from the perspective of the main clearers of AS, also important for UR.

Insectsite is the most probable, which has no LN content (as far as I know), which also be important for UR.

More topics from this board

» What is it? ( 1 2 )

ropiel - Nov 6, 2022

90 by KitsuFrost »»
Sep 15, 2023 6:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.