Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 8, 2010 1:48 PM

Aug 2008
BitchMaster said:

Damn rite, nothing's wrong with gay people. They're awesome and I wish I can be just as fabulous as them sometimes.....

There's a little, glittery unicorn in all of us. You just have to find it.

garfield15 said:

Well, this not actually being based off a visual novel probably helps.

Touche.
May 8, 2010 1:52 PM
Jan 2010
hannahchan said:
I mean, they didn't seem to care when they got their buts kicked by angel!

They haven't shown a scene of them really getting killed by her, but there is certainly some resentment, as shown throughout the anime, as well as probably the light novel. Naoi is an actual cruel person who will not be stopped by anyone. He even beats completely innocent students, whether or not they were real or "NPCs". That is the big reason they need to stand up to him. Now they are up against a person with no mercy or limits as opposed to Tenshi.

Now as to the gay thing... Some are being so serious about it. Otonashi is a person with no memories, except the ones he has heard. He has only witnessed people who consider their living as precious thing, and they are grasping on to what is barely considered living. Even if their lives were horrible, he sees that life isn't fake, nor was it worthless. Here in front of him is someone completely opposite to everyone he has met after he has lost his memories. Naoi thinks his life was fake, pointless. Doesn't Naoi need a hug? Doesn't he need someone to understand and acknowledge him? That's how I see it in the very end.

Is it more like, people can't hug each other these days? I don't hug people, but I think it would be a great thing if everyone could embrace the fact that you are lucky to see each other everyday. Can you not embrace life? It's not love romantically. It's love for life.

Though, I can completely understand that people can see life differently from others.
May 8, 2010 2:09 PM

Oct 2009
BitchMaster said:
Damn rite, nothing's wrong with gay people. They're awesome and I wish I can be just as fabulous as them sometimes.....

I hope that's sarcasm, Bitch-kun.
May 8, 2010 2:13 PM

Nov 2007
That was a sad episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
May 8, 2010 2:26 PM

Sep 2009
Best episode so far, looking forward to more!
May 8, 2010 2:30 PM

Nov 2007
his friends get massacred and runs to the guy first? and then starts hugging and consoling the guy that just killed everyone? what....

Angel was great here though
May 8, 2010 2:34 PM

Sep 2009
noteDhero said:
There's a little, glittery unicorn in all of us. You just have to find it.

It's not a unicorn, it's a horse with a sword on its head!
May 8, 2010 2:38 PM

Aug 2008
May 8, 2010 2:45 PM

Jul 2009
it was a very intresting episode, i didnt hate it, but it felt very rushed D:
Ayato, is like this baddass evil character for like 11 mins? and kills almost all the SSS members...and then in 2 mins he becomes goood? LIKE WHAT DX
and his flashback was very...idk not what i wish it wouldve been=/
IchigoXkissesMay 8, 2010 3:36 PM
May 8, 2010 3:03 PM

Sep 2009
noteDhero said:
Whatever phallic object floats your boat ;)

...And now I will never be able to look at Unicorns the same way ever again. >_>

IchigoXkisses said:
like Ayato, is like this baddass evil character for like 11 mins? and kills like all the SSS members...and then in 2 mins he becomes goood? LIKE WHAT DX
and his flashback was very...idk not what i wish i wouldve been=/

Could you use the word "like" any more? :/
May 8, 2010 3:26 PM

May 2008
It wasn't as dramatic as it should have been. Also it was quite predictable from the begining though the art and animation still amaze me~~
May 8, 2010 3:34 PM

Jul 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
noteDhero said:
Whatever phallic object floats your boat ;)

...And now I will never be able to look at Unicorns the same way ever again. >_>

IchigoXkisses said:
like Ayato, is like this baddass evil character for like 11 mins? and kills like all the SSS members...and then in 2 mins he becomes goood? LIKE WHAT DX
and his flashback was very...idk not what i wish i wouldve been=/

Could you use the word "like" any more? :/

like ya like totally i could use like more like this <.<
May 8, 2010 4:07 PM
Jan 2010
I don't get most of the complaints.

Every person, who is not an NPC, has had a very shitty life, and is there because of it. They all have different ways to deal with it, and the VPs way was simply messed up. He was much worse off than Yuri and the others, and all he really wanted was someone to acknowledge him. Otonashi saw this, and being compassionate, he gave him comfort. Didn't you listen to his speech at all?

Also, the VP has disappeared. What do you expect, that he goes back to being evil? Don't be stupid.

I can't wait to see where the story will take us next, with no antagonists. Being an original story, I am almost certain it will be something more interesting than just another person they have to oppose.

All in all a nice episode, but I had predicted the first half of it.
May 8, 2010 4:13 PM

Dec 2009
Wasn't one of the best episodes but I enjoyed it. TK's " I'll be back " and more Kande moments made this episode ^^ 4/5
yuno6.jpg
May 8, 2010 4:21 PM

Oct 2009
Schoettler said:

Also, the VP has disappeared. What do you expect, that he goes back to being evil? Don't be stupid.

VP = Vice-President? o.o

Schoettler said:

I can't wait to see where the story will take us next, with no antagonists. Being an original story, I am almost certain it will be something more interesting than just another person they have to oppose.

All in all a nice episode, but I had predicted the first half of it.

"God" can be considered an antagonist, maybe.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2010 4:40 PM
Dec 2008
that was a great episode.
worried that yuri was seriously about to disappear,otonashi was cool, and tenshi was so cuuuuuuuuuuuteeeeeeeee

btw i think otonashi could be God. hugging naoi, saying you are in my arms?
seems like something jesus would do.
May 8, 2010 5:20 PM

Oct 2009
kaena said:
that was a great episode.
worried that yuri was seriously about to disappear,otonashi was cool, and tenshi was so cuuuuuuuuuuuteeeeeeeee

btw i think otonashi could be God. hugging naoi, saying you are in my arms?
seems like something jesus would do.

No.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2010 5:24 PM
Feb 2009
The more I watch this anime, the more I see amazing potential it could have. Too bad it's ruined by pointless humor and annoying stupid characters. I feel sorry for Tachibana, constantly being attacked by a bunch of idiots. Otonashi is actually the only normal person in SSS though it does annoy me it took him so long to figure out that Tachibana is human.
May 8, 2010 5:34 PM

Mar 2009
This anime is crazy good. Otonashi sucker punched Naoi, then hugs the life out of him and sends his worthless crazy ass to a better place. TK = Awesome... Yui is annoying and Yuri was Goddamn hot. Not worried about the homo stuff that's being overly hyped... Kanade.... Sonic #4 = WIN. ---- Randy
May 8, 2010 6:01 PM

Jul 2009
Jure said:
The more I watch this anime, the more I see amazing potential it could have. Too bad it's ruined by pointless humor and annoying stupid characters.

Oh? Isn't it the other way around? Just my 0.02$ though....

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

May 8, 2010 7:58 PM

Oct 2009
I'd watch it if the show only had Kanade in it. Even if it's 24min of her sleeping still filmed in different angles.

Don't mind Yuri though.
May 8, 2010 8:13 PM

Jan 2010
When Ayato picked up Yuri my head started screaming "SEXUAL ABUSE!! HE'S GOING TO MELEST HER LIKE EVERY OTHER ANIME!"

But it didn't happen...
So.. =/

I like the turn this animes taking, but its no Clannad or Kanon atm.
May 8, 2010 8:26 PM

Apr 2009
Yuri needs to get wet more often. Seriously, it actually makes her attractive without the help of the Zettai Ryouiki.

I think that the reason why Otonashi wasn't shot when ran at Naoi and COUNSELED THE EVER LIVING FUCK OUT OF HIM was because Naoi had to issue orders to the NPCs through his crazy hypnosis power.

The preview was as cryptic as ever.
May 8, 2010 8:31 PM

Oct 2008
Otonashi sure does get along with everyone. Maybe he's god?
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 8, 2010 8:35 PM

Aug 2009
This episode rocked in so much way. First, we had this uber awesome scene otonashi huggggz where everyone with penis get turned on. Next, we had this fantastically over-dramatised scene of otanashi's huggggz where made everyone go bawww. Finally, we had this cheap and nonsensically misplace scene of otanashi huggggz with that bisexual mofo's bagggstory that is ignoring the first half of progression of the episode.

Oh, if I haven't mentioned, it rocked on being 'pathetic'. Forced drama shit that is nonsensical in every aspect.

Only TK can save this anime from the misery. It seems to be too late for that, but still.
May 8, 2010 8:42 PM

Aug 2008
That Naoi guy was more dark than I was expecting. He made a good antagonist. If he had succeeded it would have been a crappy way to send someone on their way.
May 8, 2010 8:59 PM

Jul 2009
MegamanZen said:

I was wondering where did i see this setup, thx for pointing it out.

Overall decent episode. Pretty good at the beginning but i kinda dislike the ending part.
RegulusMay 8, 2010 9:07 PM
May 8, 2010 9:02 PM

Jul 2008
wow i love the sudden twist in how this story has been going, i especially like TJ's comments throughout the series
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 8, 2010 9:34 PM

Aug 2008
Gay hugs aside, this episode was fucking great. Animation, voice work, and soundtrack is top notch.
May 8, 2010 9:55 PM

Apr 2010
That hug was weird...Hinita is probably jealous (lol).
May 8, 2010 10:10 PM

Nov 2007
it's a shame naoi had to disappear right away. :[
May 9, 2010 12:25 AM
Jun 2008
Never disappreciate own past.....
So..They didn't die,they just can't finish dying? LOL
May 9, 2010 12:30 AM

Nov 2009
MegamanZen said:
hannahchan said:
I mean, they didn't seem to care when they got their buts kicked by angel!

They haven't shown a scene of them really getting killed by her, but there is certainly some resentment, as shown throughout the anime, as well as probably the light novel. Naoi is an actual cruel person who will not be stopped by anyone. He even beats completely innocent students, whether or not they were real or "NPCs". That is the big reason they need to stand up to him. Now they are up against a person with no mercy or limits as opposed to Tenshi.

Now as to the gay thing... Some are being so serious about it. Otonashi is a person with no memories, except the ones he has heard. He has only witnessed people who consider their living as precious thing, and they are grasping on to what is barely considered living. Even if their lives were horrible, he sees that life isn't fake, nor was it worthless. Here in front of him is someone completely opposite to everyone he has met after he has lost his memories. Naoi thinks his life was fake, pointless. Doesn't Naoi need a hug? Doesn't he need someone to understand and acknowledge him? That's how I see it in the very end.

Is it more like, people can't hug each other these days? I don't hug people, but I think it would be a great thing if everyone could embrace the fact that you are lucky to see each other everyday. Can you not embrace life? It's not love romantically. It's love for life.

Though, I can completely understand that people can see life differently from others.

Well said. You are a cut above almost the rest of the anime watchers
I hate myself. That is my philosophy.
May 9, 2010 12:31 AM

Feb 2009
Tenshi kawaii~~

Edit: Now that I remembered...

I thought when they die, they lose some of their memories? You know... that episode when Kanade attacks their weapon supply alone.

May 9, 2010 12:44 AM
May 2010
T.K: "I'll be back.."

Overall, the episode was good. I am starting to like Otonashi. Why did Naoi have to disappear? He seemed a good antagonist.

Anyways, can't wait for the next episode.
May 9, 2010 1:10 AM

Mar 2009
adorable Kanade isn't getting shot up by SSS anymore ^_^. I can't wait for next episode.

May 9, 2010 1:33 AM

Aug 2009
Anitnelav said:

I can kind of see that working. Like he's there to help those that can't find their peace by themselves.
Ha-cha!
May 9, 2010 2:00 AM

Oct 2009
LightningRamiel said:
Anitnelav said:

I can kind of see that working. Like he's there to help those that can't find their peace by themselves.

Seriously if it ends up like that I'll quit life.
May 9, 2010 2:05 AM
Jun 2008
LastRegrets said:
Why must T.K. have the best lines. So awesome.

Banzi for TK!!!
This episode Tk is very cool.The moment I think of him,I laugh out hard !!
Let Talk more about Tk LOL
May 9, 2010 2:20 AM

Jul 2009
MorningGlory said:
Let Talk more about Tk LOL

Yeah,speaking of him I find this amusing stuff from 4chan:

As much that i hate people in 4chan but this time I agree with them :P
May 9, 2010 2:26 AM
Jun 2008
Can Tk be the God of the Show?
Like Is he the one who control everything?
I bet He is the mastermind behind all this LOL
( If that happen I bet everyone will be have a OMG face stick on the screen)
MorningGloryMay 9, 2010 2:30 AM
May 9, 2010 2:57 AM

Apr 2010
I really enjoyed all of this episode, maybe I'm the only one.

For me, I like 3 dimensional characters, It get's pretty annoying and feels way to unrealistic and cliche when a show is black and white. I want to be able to relate to the antagonist, I want to be able to understand their actions, and I want to become attached to them. The same thing applies to the protagonist. If he's too good and has no character defects it's boring.
Even if a character is so evil that it's hard to relate and I detest them I still want to be able to tell they're human.
May 9, 2010 3:05 AM

Jun 2008
szugioh said:
I really enjoyed all of this episode, maybe I'm the only one.

you're not, I loved it too.
I'm fucking weeping here. ;_;
May 9, 2010 3:19 AM
Jan 2010
Anitnelav said:
Otonashi sure does get along with everyone.

A litle bit too well with some of them, if I may add.
May 9, 2010 3:46 AM

Apr 2010
Awesome!
Now it's official: Angel is the best!
May 9, 2010 4:02 AM

Oct 2009
Sniain said:
Awesome!
Now it's official: Angel is the best!

Was official before Angel Beats' script was even made.
May 9, 2010 4:46 AM
May 2010
Of Course Tenshi is the best since she is the only reason why Angel Beats is worth watching apart from Yuri.
I guess angel Beat's selling point is Tenshi
May 9, 2010 5:15 AM

Sep 2008
Oh wow this episode was amazing. Here I was thinking the previous episode was good but damn, this one is a sure winner.
May 9, 2010 5:51 AM

Oct 2007
So all the haters took the spotlight in this discussion?

"I'll be back."

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 9, 2010 5:54 AM

Nov 2008
dragonair15 said:
Of Course Tenshi is the best since she is the only reason why Angel Beats is worth watching apart from Yuri.

You best be joking.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Yesterday, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

388 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.