Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 19, 2022 1:50 PM

Jun 2017
What are your Opinions? Is she Underrated?

I've seen 2 of these threads for Anzu/Tea and Joey/Jonouchi. So i thought i'd do one for my favorite character.

I'm sure you know how i feel. One of the most underrated and misused characters in the series. My first ever waifu and she is voiced by my all time favorite Dub VA.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Dec 20, 2022 2:28 PM
Mar 2020
I like her personality and independency.

𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯’𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 20, 2022 5:45 PM

Aug 2019
She was almost as annoying and useless as Anzu was. In fact her handling was probably even worse since she never won a full duel on-screen in the manga despite being considered one of the best female duelists, and the anime had to give her filler duels to make up for it. Her sudden 180 at the start of the Doma arc was really bad writing since she was angsty towards Jounouchi even though he almost died trying to rescue her from Marik's Penalty Game in the Battle City arc.
Dec 22, 2022 10:58 AM

Dec 2022
Definitely my inspo for an all-harpie deck. I believe she wasn’t given much screen time unfortunately. Wish she won more duels - getting harpie’s feather duster seems almost illegal to have in a duel, lol.
Dec 30, 2022 11:03 AM

Jun 2017
Hittokiree said:
Definitely my inspo for an all-harpie deck. I believe she wasn’t given much screen time unfortunately. Wish she won more duels - getting harpie’s feather duster seems almost illegal to have in a duel, lol.

I play a harpie deck too :) It's a great deck.

It's sad she didn't get more wins, but at least the writer's of the anime seemed to like her character a lot more then the mangaka. In filler, she always had something extra to do.
Dec 30, 2022 11:07 AM

Jun 2017
Early_Morning said:
She was almost as annoying and useless as Anzu was. In fact her handling was probably even worse since she never won a full duel on-screen in the manga despite being considered one of the best female duelists, and the anime had to give her filler duels to make up for it. Her sudden 180 at the start of the Doma arc was really bad writing since she was angsty towards Jounouchi even though he almost died trying to rescue her from Marik's Penalty Game in the Battle City arc.

Maybe, but i think it's implied Dartz is a master manipulator as well. Like the other DOMA guys, he makes them see things completely different from the truth. Like making that one guy think Kaiba's family is the one who destroyed his hometown and not him.  It fits his character.

Though it was a really odd writing, i guess they wanted to do it to use it as shipping bait for her and Jonouchi.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 1 Discussion

Cele - Oct 25, 2009

35 by -DxP- »»
2 hours ago

» Favorite "Duel Monsters" saga? And why?

Matthappy - Mar 26

16 by Matthappy »»
Apr 6, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 32 Discussion

Frezlaj - Jan 31, 2014

13 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 29 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

7 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 27 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

10 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 8:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.