Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 10, 2022 6:28 AM

Jul 2017
In the end, Elephas's stunt got both him and Aileen locked up, knowing full well that it was Lilia behind this the entire time. As unredeemable as he is at this stage, sacrificing his left eye to break Claude's curse may have proven his loyalty, but Aileen wants to see through this to the end.

Even Selena lends her help to Auguste and the others, knowing that if Lilia succeeds in her plot, it would be a full monopoly of control. Everyone on all sides and figuring out how to cure Claude of demon incense, there's but only one way: through the northern tower.

Between the Maidens Lilia and Aileen with both holy swords in their hands from different routes of the game, the battle is one to expect to draw both the real villainness and the main character. And though Almond came in for the clutch knowing that he's only held hostage, the curse is lifted, and the Demon Lord reappears to give his verdict and with Cedric clearing up the matter.

The definition of an "all's well that ends well" ending: the wedding with Aileen and Claude.

It's a decent ending, I suppose. Good in spots, but otherwise is fine.
KANLen09Dec 10, 2022 7:51 AM
Dec 10, 2022 6:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Eh, it looked like a Disney kind of ending, of course you have Claude that saves her and they end up married and happy together, end...xD
Dec 10, 2022 6:52 AM
Oct 2021
enjoyed this series although it did seem to drag on. the beginning was way better than the last like 3 episodes
Dec 10, 2022 6:56 AM

Apr 2014
Happy ending for Claude and Aileen.
ahhhh.... They should kill that fcuking rotten trash Lilia and make her feel the real pain.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 10, 2022 6:57 AM

Dec 2021
It was a great finale, and Aileen looked so pretty in that wedding dress.

Loved this series.
Dec 10, 2022 7:14 AM
Jul 2019
It's a very good isekai show. I just wish that Maho Film should change/update their CGI horse models since they are using the same janky CG horses since 2020 starting w/ By the Grace of the Gods
Dec 10, 2022 7:15 AM

Mar 2021
Awesome to see Lilia finally get What she fucking deserves but especially awesome to see master claude and Eileen finally get married
Dec 10, 2022 7:25 AM
Sep 2018
This was so good! But ending disapointed me. WHERE IS THE KISS 😭😭😭🤬
Dec 10, 2022 7:32 AM
Sep 2021
Good ending of the season Aileen defeated lily with the help of everyone and now Claude and Aileen became a couple.
I give it 6/10.
Dec 10, 2022 7:35 AM

Feb 2019
Wow pretty sad to see this one end. Started a little slow for me but once it got going and I got into the characters I really had a blast. Aileen is one of my fave otome MC’s now. She was just awesome throughout this last half of the season and we really got to see her grow into her own with Claude being out of commission.

Ending felt a little bit rushed and I would’ve loved to have seen more of Claude and Aileen wedding and their married life but that’s what the LNs are for, I guess!

Lilia and Claude mom getting the perfect punishment. Gotta say I respect Cedric for sticking with his woman till the end; bro even sold out his own flesh and blood lmaoo
Dec 10, 2022 7:40 AM

Jul 2015
This series fell apart after first arc, once Aileen became bland and boring Mary Sue. Then it kinda became a drag and chore to watch.
Sad, but still 6/10.

Dec 10, 2022 7:51 AM
Nov 2020
We went full PVP mode with Aileen vs. Lilia. Lilia being another player with the same knowledge base as Aileen makes her a proper threat and villain for our MC. Almond you da real MVP for saving the day tho. It's cliché but what ultimately led to Aileen's victory is power of friendship and what led to Lilia's loss was treating everyone as tools.

Cedric and Serena were villains but it's nice to see them change for the better.

This seriously deserves a season 2. I feel like Lilia just getting imprisoned isn't too much of an end for her as her just getting executed. She'll have to come back at some point or what would also be nice is if another player enters the fray. Or even better if it's more than one new player and the whole thing becomes a massive battle royale. Definitely going to read the novels for this just to see where it goes.
Dec 10, 2022 8:00 AM

Oct 2019
"Lilia, you're under arrest, but do attend my wedding anyway." - Fin
Dec 10, 2022 8:03 AM

Dec 2012
It was ok, I don't think I really like this genre after all though lol
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Dec 10, 2022 8:22 AM
Jan 2022
I feel that it was way to much rushed but still was good. Kinda sad bc they didn’t kissed in their wedding :(
Dec 10, 2022 8:30 AM

May 2015
I enjoyed this anime, especially the characters, but the plot was a bit on a weaker side. That's a problem with having romance not revolving around drama within the relationship, so drama had to be created through other means. The last arc wasn't particularly good in that regard, but at least everything ended well.
Dec 10, 2022 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
Ending felt rushed but a great series overall. Aileen was definitely one of the better Main characters this season. I think 7.5 is a fair score for this anime.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 10, 2022 8:34 AM
Apr 2021
i love that wedding <33
Dec 10, 2022 8:45 AM

Oct 2017
A happy end for them nice. Was a decent watch overall. Happy for Aileen and Claude.
Dec 10, 2022 9:09 AM

Jul 2022
Satan Saves the King!

Dec 10, 2022 9:17 AM

May 2015
I'm glad that b*tch Lilia got a punishment. I was really worried they'd just end it with the "Ha I won" cause Lilia is infuriating.

This was a really good series. I love series focused around being transported to an Otome game. Its a shame the ending was so conclusive cause it leaves no room for a season 2.

Well, this is the last time listening to this ED while typing my thoughts on the series. (OP & ED for this series are banging.)

I am genuinely curious though whether the light novel continues after this. Cause it feels so conclusive with them getting married, Lilia the main villain being defeated and loose ends being tied up. I get the feeling the reason parts were rushed was because the animators wanted to end on this point. (Edit: I just googled it and the LN apparently has 10 volumes at the moment so its definitely got more content. Will probably buy the LN and give it a read too)

Overall great series though. I'll probably end up getting it on dvd and re-watching it in the near future. I'd love to give it a full binge without the weekly gaps. Also would love to see more isekai anime like this (Otome game/Female MC) in the future.
DarknessRealityDec 10, 2022 9:29 AM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 10, 2022 9:21 AM
Sep 2015
Oh I'm glad they get a Disney ending, though since the LN is not finished yet we can't be too sure...
Dec 10, 2022 9:43 AM

May 2015
That was quite a fast resolution! Thankfully it all flowed nicely anyways. I'm glad Aileen and Claude got their happy ending, but it seems like pretty much everyone had a happy ending here. I'll just chalk it up to the villains being thoroughly thwarted before they could cause any real harm. Overall I'm pretty happy with the show. Claude and Aileen carried it! 8/10
Dec 10, 2022 9:44 AM

May 2018
ok that was crazy and wacky last episode but somehow fitting of an ending. Too bad we never saw the official marriage. And wtf why are your prisoners at your wedding lol

6/10
Dec 10, 2022 9:50 AM

Jul 2022
I can't be only one who wanted to see a kiss😭 I really loved that series!!! I want season 02😭
"𝐂𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐧
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐠𝐨 𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧, 𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥
𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐫
𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞"
Dec 10, 2022 9:53 AM

Mar 2022
Unfortunately, after the first arc it goes downhill. Had some cool moments here and there but, that's about it. It would be rated much higher if it kept momentum of the first few episodes.

4/10
Dec 10, 2022 9:59 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Better be fast and better be putting them in the good end, i guess. Laughing my ass off with Lilia reaching her happy-bad end path when Cedric turned himself to his brother but still love her. Such a big simp. Selena still a pain in the ass, but at least she's a good girl even in the little time at this final. Loli baba turned into the real baba this time, not for the eternal youngster again. Elephas ruby eye turned back normal, Almond still alive, dancing, and yeah, happy ending for Aileen for the final fin!

As far as i like the motto of so fast so good, i put this on the average mark for its finest. Not their best shot, but okay enough to fill the end bargain of my watching quote.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 10, 2022 10:07 AM
Jul 2022
Happy ending but the conclusion of this final arc wasn’t as good as the other arcs. The demon bird coming back to life in the nick of time, the current king/queen getting sick allowing Claude to save Aileen, etc - all pretty basic and cliche. Solid 7/10 but imo some missed potential to stick a great ending
Dec 10, 2022 10:49 AM
Nov 2021
Anything like a sequel to be expected (like just making a new plot on their own or something)?
Dec 10, 2022 11:20 AM
Jan 2017
Byniavo said:
ok that was crazy and wacky last episode but somehow fitting of an ending. Too bad we never saw the official marriage. And wtf why are your prisoners at your wedding lol

6/10

From which anime is your pfp gif? :)
Dec 10, 2022 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
Subarashi! Utsukushi!!!
Dec 10, 2022 12:00 PM
Apr 2021
It ended up like a Disney animation that “they lived happily ever after”.
Unless they’ll have a season 2 tho
Dec 10, 2022 12:00 PM
Oct 2018
This show was better than I thought it would be, I remember back in Week 1, I was thinking that this is some weak ripoff of the Katarina Claes anime, and it probably won’t be very good. But I like this genre so I kept watching. I felt it dragged some in the middle arc but it came back pretty strong for the ending. Giving it a solid 7/10. Doubt we’ll see more but who knows, I never expected the Katarina Claes anime to get a 2nd season either and it did.
Dec 10, 2022 12:02 PM
May 2021
liked the anime from start to end. Some twists were good and comedy moments here and there 😂. The ending was satisfactory, felt a bit rushed but nvm. It doesn't need a sequel season as this ending is decent and nothing left to cover
Dec 10, 2022 1:14 PM

Feb 2011
A good anime, lots of well written characters. Loved seeing Lilia put in her place, wish she got the axe instead.

Finale and Claude never got to see what that mouth do tho

7/10

Dec 10, 2022 1:34 PM

May 2018
Roshi-monk said:
Byniavo said:

6/10

From which anime is your pfp gif? :)

Fate/Grand Order
Dec 10, 2022 1:59 PM

Sep 2021
I really enjoyed a lot of moments from this show overall, the ending was nice, getting to see Aileen get her happy end- but it was way too fast-paced, for me. I remember watching episode 4 and being excited at the prospect of moving towards a new arc, but at the same time... I really feel like those first four episodes could have been a whole entire season in and of themselves. So I don't know. I'm disappointed only because this story had so much potential, and with each new arc, it only seemed like the pacing got faster and faster. This finale episode in particular felt like a race to the finish, like they were trying to wrap everything neatly in a bow, as fast as possible. I really think it would have been so much better if they had used the many natural cliffhangers throughout the season, as season finishers instead. It would have been so much better paced as a result.

Even though I'll accept the show we got, I can't help but imagine what episode 4 would have been like as a season finale, with all of the proper buildup and suspense beforehand, that it deserved. Or Lilia's reveal about also being brought into the game, like Aileen. There was so much season finale potential here, and I'm sad we'll never get to see it.

On a positive note, I loved loved loved Aileen's character so much, and Rie Takahashi did her so much justice! She was the main reason I kept coming back every week, and I'll miss her if we don't get a season 2! (Which would be totally fine, I think this ending works if they're just going to leave it here.) I was waiting for a post-credits cute scene between Aileen and Claude, but oh well. This was a fun watch, at the very least, and I hope more villainess anime come out with main characters like Aileen.

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Dec 10, 2022 2:02 PM

Dec 2013
This was no Hamefura but still pretty enjoyable, it lost a bit of its charm after the first arc, now what a I really loved about the show was that ED, both the visuals and song were probably my favorites of the season.

KanameYuukiDec 10, 2022 2:06 PM
Dec 10, 2022 2:03 PM

Jul 2022
This one fell off towards the end and I lost interest. Don't know what to say about that. I'll binge after a while and see how it settles.
Dec 10, 2022 2:46 PM

Jul 2020
This absolutely shitshow is finally over, thank you. Why was Almond still alive and able to just do whatever without like, any explanation? Why do so many characters do a 180 without like, any reason? Why is selective amnesia the worst trope and how did this show do it even worse than possibly imagined? My fault for actually having the expectation that the writing for this show wouldn't be a complete train wreck. We're honestly all just blessed this show is over.
ialex32Dec 10, 2022 2:52 PM
forums signatures? party like it's 2005.
Dec 10, 2022 3:21 PM

Aug 2015
ialex32 said:
Why was Almond still alive and able to just do whatever without like, any explanation?

Towards the end when Elephas was getting his eye back from Claude, they explained that Almond was placed under a state of thanatosis by Elephas, which is like death-feigning/ immobility (had to google since I didn't know what it was).
Dec 10, 2022 3:26 PM

Jul 2020
mangocuties said:
ialex32 said:
Why was Almond still alive and able to just do whatever without like, any explanation?

Towards the end when Elephas was getting his eye back from Claude, they explained that Almond was placed under a state of thanatosis by Elephas, which is like death-feigning/ immobility (had to google since I didn't know what it was).

Ah classic, making it up after the fact and explaining it later so you can safely just undo prior plot points. Honestly, a pretty good metaphor for this series in general.
forums signatures? party like it's 2005.
Dec 10, 2022 3:49 PM

Apr 2022

You are absolutely right, almond.
Dec 10, 2022 3:50 PM

Aug 2015
Ahhh it felt sooo short >.< I would love for this to have been longer, but at least we got to see the animation of them getting married. There are too many romance anime that don't get more seasons and we don't get to see past a season or two/an ova. I'll definitely check out the story later, since I bet a lot of details or scenes might have been cut out. I still enjoyed watching this though. Loved the voice acting and the ED song.

And I thought it was funny that Elephas thought Aileen looked at him like dirt when she found out he had feelings for Lillia. And it looked like Aileen hit the nail on the head when she imitated what Lillia probably said to him X) A shame she met him first. Anyway, pretty respectable in the way he showed his loyalty, which would also help save Claude.

Belzebuth questioning why the others want to save Claude was interesting, I would have like to have heard more of their thoughts.

The battle between Lillia and Aileen was interesting, didn't know how things would go. But Almond saved the day ^^! So happy he was okay T^T. Almond the M.V.P. :3 I At the start, I wouldn't have imagined Cedric getting a redemption arc. And surprised he still has feelings for Lillia. She'll have more time to reflect on herself in prison. Also, lol at the Empress turning into a prune again. Using the tribe's magic while treating them poorly. The king was also questionable with how he treated Claude.

Almond's little dances are so cute and precious ^^! Glad Elephas didn't actually hurt him.

Claude and Aileen are such a beautiful bride and groom :)! Love Claude's braided hair. Wishing them happiness. I hope we get to see everyone again in another season.
Dec 10, 2022 3:50 PM

Jan 2008
This is surprising. Didn't think that prince Cedric would come to his senses and see that he was manipulated to be a simp....until he said "even so, my love for you will never fade", at the point, I nearly bust my gut laughing my ass off, because he showed he was still a worthless simp in the end. Is this what it's like being in a manipulative abusive relationship? What an idiot.

It's too bad that old loli-hag didn't turn into dust, and that her idiot son emperor didn't have anything worse happen to him besides "recuperate from an illness" even though he looked fine standing by that carriage. I hope that carriage drives itself off a cliff.

Well, it's finally over. It wasn't the best series, but it wasn't the worst either. Overall, it felt like it should have ended in the first arc, while the other arcs just dragged out needlessly.
Dec 10, 2022 4:11 PM

Mar 2010
Who would have thought our boi Almond was so OP.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 10, 2022 4:15 PM

Feb 2019
that wasn't a bad ending. kinda anti-climactic IMO, but it was good. i dunno if there's gonna be a second season, and if a second season somehow gets made, i dunno what storyline they'll take it to coz this season seem to have wrapped everything up with a pretty bow.
Dec 10, 2022 4:25 PM

Jul 2015
Finally an anime that have at least got a normal wedding for once. A lot of anime drag out and don't have an ending where the couples get together so for me it was great and entertaining. 7/10 enjoyed it.
Dec 10, 2022 4:59 PM

Apr 2015
As someone who didn't like Hamefura, this actually went pretty well. The show maintained a decent balance of wholesomeness without losing its stakes, which kept me watching to the end. I would even say I was excited to watch this show every week. Another villaineous isekai adaptation may be inevitable, and I will be there to watch if it happens.
Dec 10, 2022 5:25 PM

Jun 2012
Did the story really ended? Isn't the LN incomplete?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou nano de Last Boss wo Kattemimashita Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 26, 2022

57 by Ariali »»
Apr 29, 8:43 PM

» Disappointing ending (spoiler)

MavikBow - Dec 15, 2022

18 by ScrewFiction »»
Mar 19, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou nanode Last Boss wo Kattemimashita Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

OrangeRafi - Sep 17, 2022

210 by testamentKAISER »»
Mar 16, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou nano de Last Boss wo Kattemimashita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 19, 2022

62 by adbeaver »»
Jan 30, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou nano de Last Boss wo Kattemimashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 12, 2022

80 by adbeaver »»
Jan 29, 8:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.