Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 30, 2022 11:13 AM

Oct 2022
Parasyte honestly left me so much to think about and was curious to hear what your guyses interpretation of the story was!

Art is subjective! No one is incorrect!
REGULAR SHOW TROUNCES ANY ANIME. PEAK FICTION

We protect other species because humans themselves are lonely creatures. We protect the environment because humans themselves don’t want to go extinct. What drives us is simply self-gratification. But I think that’s fine, and that it’s really all there is to it. There’s no point in despising humans by human standards. That’s right. So in the end, it’s hypocritical for us to love Earth without loving ourselves.
Nov 30, 2022 11:19 AM

Jan 2019
It's been ages since I watched it but I remember environmentalism being a big one, also what it means to be human I think?

Nov 30, 2022 11:20 AM

Oct 2022
ForeverTraitor said:
It's been ages since I watched it but I remember environmentalism being a big one, also what it means to be human I think?

Fair enough! It dives really heavy into that IMO and that connection between human nature and animalistic nature. Deep stuff, I loved it

Any suggestions if I liked this one?

We protect other species because humans themselves are lonely creatures. We protect the environment because humans themselves don’t want to go extinct. What drives us is simply self-gratification. But I think that’s fine, and that it’s really all there is to it. There’s no point in despising humans by human standards. That’s right. So in the end, it’s hypocritical for us to love Earth without loving ourselves.
Nov 30, 2022 11:26 AM
Jul 2018
ForgedSteel said:
ForeverTraitor said:

Fair enough! It dives really heavy into that IMO and that connection between human nature and animalistic nature. Deep stuff, I loved it

I would say the Chimera Ant arc from Hunter x Hunter is really similar about being human and their nature and animalistic nature.
Nov 30, 2022 11:49 AM
Mar 2020
The theme for me came off as the indescribable preciousness of life. Even if species seems at odds with each other, we may in fact be necessary for each other to prosper as in the show they contemplate that with the Parasytes. Also how all life is precious and inherently the human condition is truly about recognizing that. But it also shows the other end with the death of Gotou, even though Shinji was reluctant to kill him because of his humanity to protect all life, his same humanity which forged connections with those he loved and was concerned Gotou would harm them, took over and gave Shinichi the will to finish him off.

Put it simply, Parasyte is mainly a piece of human nature and what it means to be human. A treasure of humanity is to love all life no matter how harmful it may be but another treasure of humanity is the altruism which conflicts with the former. The anime perfectly showed what happens when they collide
Nov 30, 2022 11:50 AM
Dec 2021
I liked the monologue towards the end that emphasizes how humans are just as much a part of the natural world as are plants and animals, so you can’t really call yourself a true environmentalist if you don’t value all human life too.

Another anime that’ll make you think is From The New World (Shinsekai Yori), also deals a lot with ethics and what it means to be human. Also the Chimera Ant arc previously mentioned is a great suggestion too.
Nov 30, 2022 12:09 PM

Oct 2022
YoursTrulyJ said:
ForgedSteel said:

I would say the Chimera Ant arc from Hunter x Hunter is really similar about being human and their nature and animalistic nature.

Oooh Thanks so much!!!

Nov 30, 2022 12:10 PM
Apr 2021
We don’t need to be perfectionist and super marginal to be happy.Most precious things in life can be earned without power
Nov 30, 2022 12:10 PM

Oct 2022
Editor_Reviews said:
The theme for me came off as the indescribable preciousness of life. Even if species seems at odds with each other, we may in fact be necessary for each other to prosper as in the show they contemplate that with the Parasytes. Also how all life is precious and inherently the human condition is truly about recognizing that. But it also shows the other end with the death of Gotou, even though Shinji was reluctant to kill him because of his humanity to protect all life, his same humanity which forged connections with those he loved and was concerned Gotou would harm them, took over and gave Shinichi the will to finish him off.

Put it simply, Parasyte is mainly a piece of human nature and what it means to be human. A treasure of humanity is to love all life no matter how harmful it may be but another treasure of humanity is the altruism which conflicts with the former. The anime perfectly showed what happens when they collide

This is perfect! Your analysis really made me remember everything I love about this show, it was so so powerful. Life is indescribably valuable and it makes sense it applies to all life.

Nov 30, 2022 12:11 PM

Oct 2022
jimmy1_1 said:
I liked the monologue towards the end that emphasizes how humans are just as much a part of the natural world as are plants and animals, so you can’t really call yourself a true environmentalist if you don’t value all human life too.

Another anime that’ll make you think is From The New World (Shinsekai Yori), also deals a lot with ethics and what it means to be human. Also the Chimera Ant arc previously mentioned is a great suggestion too.

Ooh that's a great quote you just created

and ill check it out! Is it on hulu?

Nov 30, 2022 12:11 PM

Oct 2022
BugsBuggy said:
We don’t need to be perfectionist and super marginal to be happy.Most precious things in life can be earned without power

Very interesting take, I really like this!

Nov 30, 2022 1:11 PM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
Many profound meanings and interpretations can be inferred from this Anime but the biggest one I think is what it means to be human. The thing that makes humans human isn't appearance or intelligence but humanity. Without humanity, humans are just parasyte only with the difference in terms of body structure, like when Shinichi fused with Migi, he became such cold, stoic, emotionless, and even calls a dog "lump of meat". In contrast, parasyte can mentally become human, like Tamiya developed maternal instinct leading to the sacrifice to save her newborn child. There's a subtle hint I really love is every parasyte returns to its primal form once dying except for one case.
Nov 30, 2022 1:13 PM

Oct 2022
kizumi91 said:
Many profound meanings and interpretations can be inferred from this Anime but the biggest one I think is what it means to be human. The thing that makes humans human isn't appearance or intelligence but humanity. Without humanity, humans are just parasyte only with the difference in terms of body structure, like when Shinichi fused with Migi, he became such cold, stoic, emotionless, and even calls a dog "lump of meat". In contrast, parasyte can mentally become human, like Tamiya developed maternal instinct leading to the sacrifice to save her newborn child. There's a subtle hint I really love is every parasyte returns to its primal form once dying except for one case.

Incredible analysis really opened up a new avenue and perspective for me

Nov 30, 2022 2:23 PM
Mar 2021
Every species should be respected (moral from Migi)
Ur not stuck in a single predetermined path, you can always work for a better one (Parasyte that controlled the female but decided to become good)
Nov 30, 2022 2:50 PM
Mar 2022
it's been ages
i think it was ig how u see the world maybeiish
quite different elements that definitely blended as the story progressed
it was a really nice show 😴
Nov 30, 2022 3:31 PM
Nov 2022
I just thought it was a decentish anime 👁️👄👁️
Nov 30, 2022 8:27 PM
Dec 2021
ForgedSteel said:
jimmy1_1 said:

Thanks!! And unfortunately I just checked and it seems it’s only on Crunchyroll to legally stream. While looking I remembered one that tackles a lot of deep themes about life/death and human relationships on Hulu, Death Parade. If you haven’t seen it yet it could be a good next choice
Dec 1, 2022 12:23 AM
Aug 2022
ForeverTraitor said:

Koukaku Kidotai is better than Kiseijuu. Also Parasite story is full of fabular holes and incomplete ed
Dec 1, 2022 8:21 AM

Oct 2022
jimmy1_1 said:
ForgedSteel said:

Thanks!! And unfortunately I just checked and it seems it’s only on Crunchyroll to legally stream. While looking I remembered one that tackles a lot of deep themes about life/death and human relationships on Hulu, Death Parade. If you haven’t seen it yet it could be a good next choice

Death parade is in my top 5 I love it so much<3

Dec 1, 2022 10:42 AM
Jun 2021
My Top 3 main philosophical ideas from this series will be:

★ In the race of survival of the fittest, we have forgotten the very importance of an individual's life which holds value for someone else

★ Emotions & Feelings completes a human being

★ Coexistence of different lives & one of the most common ideas that there can be few hidden species which may be way more advanced than us

BONUS: Communication is really effective which can help in development of any species
Dec 1, 2022 11:28 AM

Oct 2022
shash_sama18 said:
My Top 3 main philosophical ideas from this series will be:

★ In the race of survival of the fittest, we have forgotten the very importance of an individual's life which holds value for someone else

★ Emotions & Feelings completes a human being

★ Coexistence of different lives & one of the most common ideas that there can be few hidden species which may be way more advanced than us

BONUS: Communication is really effective which can help in development of any species

I really love how you worded this, streamlined and effective

Dec 1, 2022 4:09 PM
Aug 2022
•Value of life
•Respect for other creatures
•Identity and humanity
Nov 15, 2023 5:26 PM
Dec 2019
Princess Mononoke has a similar theme to it.
Jan 9, 11:04 AM

Feb 2021
Even monsters can be human, that is what I learnt when watching this series.

Also what already wrote @Cyluh, absolutely agree with all these points! It is a great series, I recommend to watch it to all!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2015

276 by RapidPhantom »»
May 21, 7:36 AM

» What is better? Manga or Anime?

treverse - May 13

20 by ST63LTH »»
May 21, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

277 by lazypanda666 »»
May 18, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2014

638 by CELEXIA_ »»
May 11, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
May 3, 1:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.