Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 19, 2022 8:59 AM
Jan 2021
2022 has been the year for the 10th anniversary of Hyouka and yet there is no hint, leak or a confirmation about season 2. I don´t think Kyoto Animation has forgot about Hyouka. Probably they had not any time to make a second season alongside Violet evergarden, Sound!Euphonium, Dragon Maid and Free!. After over ten years there is a possibility especially after seeing a Part Timer comeback after 9 years of waiting.

So do you think there is still hope for a second season or did Kyoto A. just left it behind?
Nov 19, 2022 9:10 AM
Jul 2022
It is not very likely. There is a slight possibility, but the show didn't do it's best when it came out, so naturally they wouldn't focus too much on making a second season
Nov 19, 2022 9:11 AM

Jan 2017
AshTheChamp said:
Probably they had not any time to make a second season alongside Violet evergarden, Sound!Euphonium, Dragon Maid and Free!

There is only some side-stories left to be adapted for Violet Evergarden , so there won't be a 2nd Season. (Hopefully more OVAs/Movies tho)
I'm not familiar with Hibike Euphonium & Kobayashi , but there is indeed a possibility for a next season.
Free is an original Anime , and it already got a 5th Movie Sequel in April of this year. There is a high chance that it gets another project if this Movie doesn't end the story. (I dropped after Season 2)

As for Hyouka , only 2 Volumes are unadapted , and it seems to be in a Hiatus.
So i really wouldn't expect a 2nd Season for it before 10 more years.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Nov 19, 2022 9:13 AM
Jan 2022
AshTheChamp said:
2022 has been the year for the 10th anniversary of Hyouka and yet there is no hint, leak or a confirmation about season 2. I don´t think Kyoto Animation has forgot about Hyouka. Probably they had not any time to make a second season alongside Violet evergarden, Sound!Euphonium, Dragon Maid and Free!. After over ten years there is a possibility especially after seeing a Part Timer comeback after 9 years of waiting.

So do you think there is still hope for a second season or did Kyoto A. just left it behind?

If im not mistaken (I’m terribly sorry if im wrong), the thing about hyouka season 2 isn’t about whether there are enough source material (atleast for a couple of ova)nor the support from the fans. The reason is because one of the key producers of hyouka sadly passed away during the fire accident, and without said person creative/directive approach,etc its going to be very hard to adapt the source material.

Also i think they’re still working on the tsurune movie and hibike next season.
Nov 19, 2022 9:22 AM

Jul 2015
There was 10 years anniversary event back in May and nothing anime related was announced.
So chances for sequel are little to none.

Nov 19, 2022 9:31 AM
Mar 2022
AshTheChamp said:

There is something about new TV project on Hyouka on its anniversary

It can be anime projet
Or it can be ova or movie

But I'm looking forward to it

Nov 19, 2022 9:33 AM
Mar 2022
Piromysl said:
There was 10 years anniversary event back in May and nothing anime related was announced.

Bro there was announcement of tv project

Since tv project so we can't be sure of anime season 2
It can be ova or movie
Nov 19, 2022 9:35 AM
Apr 2022
Season 2 might be possible if the author brings out the volume 7 , so 2nd season can be made comprising volume 5,6,7 as a 12 episode anime ig
Nov 19, 2022 11:28 AM
Oct 2021
SuprAce333 said:
It is not very likely. There is a slight possibility, but the show didn't do it's best when it came out, so naturally they wouldn't focus too much on making a second season

hyouka is a very popular show in Japan, much more than it international.
Nov 19, 2022 11:45 AM

Jan 2017
Ultimate_216 said:

I didn't saw that , and MAL have nothing about it.
Could you send the announcement ?
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Nov 19, 2022 1:13 PM
Jan 2020
Ultimate_216 said:
Piromysl said:

It can be ova or movie

Where? Please link, I didn’t see anything and I try to keep up with anything Hyouka - related.
Nov 19, 2022 5:21 PM
Jul 2022
toxispice said:
SuprAce333 said:

hyouka is a very popular show in Japan, much more than it international.

I didnt say it isn't popular. I said it didn't do good when it came out. Pay attention to words
Nov 19, 2022 7:01 PM
Aug 2022
there is slightly possibility for season 2
Nov 19, 2022 8:02 PM

May 2021
AshTheChamp said:

maybe after volume 7 is released Kyoani can complete the entire series but the possibilities are pretty low
Nov 19, 2022 8:04 PM

May 2021
Alexioos95 said:
AshTheChamp said:
Probably they had not any time to make a second season alongside Violet evergarden, Sound!Euphonium, Dragon Maid and Free!

There is only some side-stories left to be adapted for Violet Evergarden , so there won't be a 2nd Season. (Hopefully more OVAs/Movies tho)
I'm not familiar with Hibike Euphonium & Kobayashi , but there is indeed a possibility for a next season.
Free is an original Anime , and it already got a 5th Movie Sequel in April of this year. There is a high chance that it gets another project if this Movie doesn't end the story. (I dropped after Season 2)

hyouka isn't on hiatus the author is currently writing it and it'll probably release in 2 years
Nov 19, 2022 8:40 PM
Mar 2022
fourteenroads said:
Ultimate_216 said:

It can be ova or movie

Where? Please link, I didn’t see anything and I try to keep up with anything Hyouka - related.

Well its old news it came around in the end of spring so I can't link but I covered it in my youtube video so I have some screenshots
You can see for yourself as well as you can search it on chrome

Nov 19, 2022 10:10 PM

Jan 2017
sonu711 said:
hyouka isn't on hiatus the author is currently writing it and it'll probably release in 2 years

Maybe a missed something , but as far as i know , the Author tweeted in 2018 that he'll write Volume 7 , and then he never mentionned it again...
I know that he's a "slow writer" , but when there is no news for more than 4 years , there is reasons to doubt.

Ultimate_216 said:
Well its old news

You misinterpreted it.

1st picture just says that there is a new project. (It was revealed to be an expo with lot of goodies to win via online lottery)
2st picture says that it's the 10h Anniversary of the TV adaptation of Hyouka , and that it'll get a project. (The expo)
3rd picture (TodayAnimeNews) is known for using clickbait titles , and in the description he doesn't says that the new project is an Anime. (It was the expo)

Sorry for you , you got your expectations up for nothing.
Alexioos95Nov 19, 2022 10:20 PM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Nov 19, 2022 11:06 PM
Mar 2022
Alexioos95 said:
sonu711 said:

Maybe a missed something , but as far as i know , the Author tweeted in 2018 that he'll write Volume 7 , and then he never mentionned it again...
I know that he's a "slow writer" , but when there is no news for more than 4 years , there is reasons to doubt.

Ultimate_216 said:
Well its old news

You misinterpreted it.

1st picture just says that there is a new project. (It was revealed to be an expo with lot of goodies to win via online lottery)
2st picture says that it's the 10h Anniversary of the TV adaptation of Hyouka , and that it'll get a project. (The expo)
3rd picture (TodayAnimeNews) is known for using clickbait titles , and in the description he doesn't says that the new project is an Anime. (It was the expo)

That's exactly what I'm saying
There is something about TV project
But it is not said like it's going to be a second season

Well anyway if it is releasing i will watch it
If not nothing can be done so I'm already reading Ln and manga
Nov 19, 2022 11:15 PM

Jan 2017
Ultimate_216 said:
There is something about TV project

No , you still didn't got it.

There was a project announced for the 10th year of the Anime (Not the Novel) , because it was done by Kyoto Animation (The studio of Animation) , and not the Author/Publisher.
But it was never said that that project was an Anime/TV one...

It was later revealed to be the opening of an expo for 2 weeks in Akihabara in May 2022 , with lot of goodies to win.
https://kujibikido.com/lp/hyouka/
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Nov 19, 2022 11:26 PM

May 2021
Alexioos95 said:
sonu711 said:

Ultimate_216 said:
Well its old news

You misinterpreted it.

https://twitter.com/honobu_yonezawa/status/1489579245604982790?t=4ElAPCdolPF2X9AXP8PO2A&s=19 he mentioned it on this year Feb that he's going to discuss with kadokawa for the next volume and it's already in progress
Nov 20, 2022 2:59 AM
Feb 2022
sonu711 said:
Alexioos95 said:

he said that volume 7 will release in 2022 but its still not released so maybe next year🤔
Nov 20, 2022 4:00 AM
Mar 2022
sonu711 said:
Alexioos95 said:

You misinterpreted it.

https://twitter.com/honobu_yonezawa/status/1489579245604982790?t=4ElAPCdolPF2X9AXP8PO2A&s=19 he mentioned it on this year Feb that he's going to discuss with kadokawa for the next volume and it's already in progress

🤯 Now I get it
I hope with the release of vol. 7 they announce it because they have more than enough source material for the anime
Nov 20, 2022 4:02 AM
Apr 2022
I don't think this series there will be hv a new season
Nov 21, 2022 2:37 AM
Sep 2021
Stormy1705 said:
Season 2 might be possible if the author brings out the volume 7 , so 2nd season can be made comprising volume 5,6,7 as a 12 episode anime ig

the author of hyouka died on fire and the story probably should have ended on the 6th volume

Nov 21, 2022 10:53 AM

Jan 2017
Aarush6502 said:
the author of hyouka died on fire

It's not the Author (writer) of Hyouka , but the director of the Anime. (Which is a replaceable post)
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Nov 21, 2022 1:06 PM

Aug 2020
Highly unlikely. Biggest reason being Yonezawa's releasing schedules. 20 years have passed and Kotenbu Series didn't end still. From season 1 to this very moment, just 1 volume was released, called Imasara Tsubasa to Iwaretemo.

Possibilities would show up if he released more material, counting that the anime gained more popularity in these 10 years.

Nov 25, 2022 12:30 PM
Apr 2021
I’ve seen to many of these to believe them anymore 😭😭😭
Nov 25, 2022 12:54 PM

Jan 2022
maybe if we just believe hard enough It'll happen.
-insert NGE meme here-
Nov 25, 2022 4:57 PM
May 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpqqaNJuopc

Apparently something is coming Jan 29 2023
Nov 25, 2022 5:05 PM

Jul 2019
AshTheChamp said:

Give up your dreams and hopes, my friend. Sooner the better. It's been almost a decade.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Nov 26, 2022 9:04 PM
May 2018
LordSozin said:
AshTheChamp said:

Give up your dreams and hopes, my friend. Sooner the better. It's been almost a decade.

What is the youtube link (I posted above) referring to then?
May 6, 2023 5:11 PM
Sep 2020
Tuna_Fresh said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpqqaNJuopc

Apparently something is coming Jan 29 2023
It's just a concert in Kamiyama School, we could get something after volume 7 drops out, but is very unlikely
May 22, 2023 8:07 AM

Aug 2020
LordSozin said:
AshTheChamp said:

My hope will always stand doesn't matter what.

Oct 5, 2023 1:39 PM
Jan 2022
Sadly the director, colorist and a producer of Hyouka S1 died in arson attack.Will be highly unlikely that new season will come for this. Also Idk if this anime even needs a new season.If it ever gets a second season then I would be more interested to see Oreki n chitanda's relationship build up instead of more mysteries.Dont think I hate mysteries,instead check my animelist mostly I watch only mystery animes but if it ever gets S2 then prolly it will be final season and as a final season I would rather want their relationship build up with little bit mysteries here n there.Idk for this anime specifically I was always more interested in their chemistry which doesnt happen to me when I watch other mystery animes

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2012

267 by Miedori »»
May 4, 10:12 AM

» No romance here

YuniVT - Mar 10

26 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 28, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

185 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

267 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.