Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

What are your favorite cards that weren't featured in the show? (Classic cards only)

New
Nov 13, 2022 12:14 PM

Jun 2017
I have a few cards i loved from the old school days that didn't get into the show

Fire Reaper: Always thought it was cool and used it a lot in some of the games

Moisture Creature: My boss monster in my first deck i ever built (And the card i'd use if i was a character)

Ghoul With an appetite. It looks cool and evil, what can i say?

The Mysterious Puppeteer: I always liked the classic spellcaster look. Evil mages and sorcerers.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Nov 13, 2022 2:36 PM

Aug 2019
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning. The fact that Yugi didn't use it in DM even though Kaiba used Chaos Emperor Dragon was bizarre imo. Yugi could've used it against Vivian or Leon during the KC Grand Prix. Same goes for Dark Magician of Chaos.
Nov 15, 2022 1:53 AM
Feb 2022
Meteor B. Dragon, Joey was always a fusion guy and it would have been awsome seeing him fusion his red eyes too a monster that had reached its potentsial. It would have been a great boss monster for Joey in the last season. (i think the Meteor B. Dragon was used in one of the old versions of yugioh, with green haired kaiba)
Nov 15, 2022 2:44 AM

Jun 2017
Pot_of_Greed1 said:
Meteor B. Dragon, Joey was always a fusion guy and it would have been awsome seeing him fusion his red eyes too a monster that had reached its potentsial. It would have been a great boss monster for Joey in the last season. (i think the Meteor B. Dragon was used in one of the old versions of yugioh, with green haired kaiba)

Yeah, i think it was only ever used in the 30 minute Toei movie,
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Dec 15, 2022 3:11 PM

Feb 2016
I don't remember Final Countdown playing a major role in any duel.

A lot of cards released after Battle City but before GX fell into limbo. Perhaps they were used in the filler tournament and Egypt arc, which I didn't watch. By the time GX began, the show was more interested in advertising Elemental Heroes and such. For example:
I like the lore of Zera and would have loved to see it referenced in a duel.
A duel against The Agents would have been cool, especially in the GX Society of Light arc. I simply don't remember seeing many angel monsters beyond the junk in Tea's deck.
LucifrostDec 15, 2022 6:50 PM
その目だれの目?
Dec 15, 2022 3:29 PM

Aug 2019
Lucifrost said:
A duel against The Agents would have been cool, especially in the GX Society of Light arc. I simply don't remember seeing many angel monsters beyond the junk in Tea's deck.

Edo/Aster used The Sanctuary in the Sky and Archlord Zerato in his first duel against Judai/Jaden, which is probably the closest that GX came to promoting The Agent cards.

Honestly GX got really lazy about promoting new OCG cards after mid-season 2. I mean there were tons of new structure decks in the OCG that the show could've promoted such as Surge of Radiance, Curse of Darkness, and Revival of the Great Dragon, but instead the anime just made up a bunch of new cards instead of cross-promoting actual OCG sets. It was the same with the booster packs, which is funny because 5D's kind of had the opposite problem.
Early_MorningDec 15, 2022 3:32 PM
Dec 15, 2022 3:58 PM

Feb 2016
Early_Morning said:
Honestly GX got really lazy about promoting new OCG cards after mid-season 2. I mean there were tons of new structure decks in the OCG that the show could've promoted such as Surge of Radiance, Curse of Darkness, and Revival of the Great Dragon, but instead the anime just made up a bunch of new cards instead of cross-promoting actual OCG sets.

The last pack I bought had a bunch of "alien" cards I never saw in the anime. None of the cards I bought in that era looked to me like they'd be fun to play, but the cards in the anime were always fun to watch.
その目だれの目?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 49 Discussion

EvianBubble - Sep 12, 2010

16 by -DxP- »»
May 25, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 45 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 25, 2010

13 by -DxP- »»
May 25, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 42 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 23, 2010

13 by -DxP- »»
May 25, 3:04 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 39 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 22, 2010

13 by -DxP- »»
May 24, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 37 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 22, 2010

10 by -DxP- »»
May 23, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.