Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 11 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
They've really made Ryu an important character in this arc tbh. In the finale, it looks like they pushed her personality and character to the limits.

We also can't forget about Bell, who fought like a champ with his determination. Even though it's kinda rushed, it feels like this was the best episode of the season after all the buildup that led up to this point.
Sep 29, 2022 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
Bell getting yeeted by the "Destroyer" Juggernaut, that must've been one hellish attempt of a counter.

Thanks to the bastard Jura, Ryu is once again faced with her nemesis from her old Familia days, which either by group or individual, is almost impossible to defeat on its own with its insane level of Counter and strong magic abilities.

And most certainly with Bell getting knocked out cold, Marie's use case here is quite the drastic measure of healing for him to get back on his feet to face the Destroyer again, only this time in close-quarter combat which pushes him way beyond his limits. Furthermore, with the Lambton still alive from Jura's orders, it adds extra weight to an already intense battle, with the reveal of the 27th Floor's ultimate calamity creature: the Monster Rex.

A good thing that both Bell and Ryu are still alive, but only on the bare of their skin with the Lambton taking them towards the depths of the Dungeon, especially the Deep Floors of the White Palace located on the 37th Floor.

An intense finale for the 1st half, let's see where the 2nd half in Winter 2023 will take us.
Sep 29, 2022 7:37 AM
Feb 2019
What the fuçk deep white palace
Sep 29, 2022 7:43 AM
Jul 2016
rushed as expected but decently adapted from the source material this time. the pacing for the Moss Huge was bad but was delivered well as an opener for the Juggernaut. a lot of info was cut like how Lyu was investigating with Hermes Familia and what led the Xenos to assist but was understandable with the amount of episodes for the arcs they covered. the arc for Juggernaut was scuffed in pacing and ended up showing Jura berating Lyu too much which if they were using him as a mouthpiece for the backstory would've been better used as time for other info dumps.

overall was a decent adaptation into an anime and what really carried was the VA's voicing work (except Jura's, it got irritating for me personally), and animation as well as the great SE's but mid OST. enjoyed my time watching it as a gap filler for the season watching other anime. decent watch IMO.
Sep 29, 2022 7:46 AM

Feb 2021
This doesn't even feel like the last episode of this first part.

These last episodes having been pure chaos lol, people dying everywhere and a bunch of ridiculous monsters appearing out of nowhere.
I'm just surprised that Bell was able to heal his arm that quickly.

Well so far I like this season, the animation specially was pretty good, and it was pretty much all focused on the dungeon this time.
Sep 29, 2022 7:50 AM

Jul 2020
Finally the little mermaid gets some screen time and resuscitates Bell, even somehow reattaches his severed arm.
The banquet of despair is in full swing, now we've got some two headed water serpent-dragon lol.
And Bell together with unconscious Ryu finds himself at 37th floor of the dungeon which is 10 floors lower than all of their friends were. Damn the next half's gonna be intense.

Oh and I hoped Jura's death would be more explicit and violent, this was disappointingly fast
Sep 29, 2022 7:57 AM

May 2020
Ah I forgot there are healing spells in their world, a lost arm or leg is no big deal. I wonder if the same trick will work if someone's beheaded too.

Anyways folks, always remember to have a scarf around your neck, it works wonder when you aren't even expecting it, like a shield. Yes like a shield, that same thing Captain America carries himself with.

Don't know I didn't find any groundbreaking changes this season, they still fighting with those same monsters, maybe dragon was a new inclusion, also yeah animation improved a bit too. But yeah that's it. Hestia not appearing certainly helped, but that too got equalled with the overbearing stupid self of Bell.
Sep 29, 2022 7:58 AM

Sep 2016
oh what... naah they're just gonna end it like that ??? 😧😧 this entire season felt like a build-up towards something, but i guess we're only gonna see it in the next season. this was such a ride. i hope everyone ends up okay !
Sep 29, 2022 7:59 AM
Jun 2020
Blood Ex Machina. No crap script is complete without someone getting miraculously healed by near death/resurrect by someone's blood.
Sep 29, 2022 8:08 AM

May 2018
Kind of sad they ended it when it's getting interesting, especially Bell and Ryu are ln the deep floor and the gang encountered the 27th floor boss.

Sep 29, 2022 8:09 AM
Jul 2021
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ANOTHER ONE!!!!! They definitely saved the budget for Amphisbaena with all that CGI done for the Rex Monster of the 27th floor. I'm so hyped for part 2 of this season and to see Hestia's reaction after seeing what our main man Bell has been going through!! Now that I type this out, I wonder what Ais will think as well after seeing his growth????
Sep 29, 2022 8:11 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Yes! That was well done. They really made Argo Vesta as impressive as it should look and had less focus on the dialogue this time around. It's a real shame that they split up the cours like that, but I suppose it's the norm nowadays.

It's a pet peeve of mine, but I really feel like that ED really is waaay too dissonant for the tone of this season. I know JC Staff needs to have Hestia in at all times, but agh. It just feels weird cutting to that ED after some terrible happenings.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 29, 2022 8:12 AM

Apr 2010
This was definitely the cliffhanger anime of the season, i am just wondering how many episodes didn't end in a cliffhanger.

The bad things was that that terribly written character didn't get the death he deserved but i ready suspected he with get a quick and boring death.
Anyway it seems Bell has a lot more trouble to get out of and we can wonder how he will get out of it.
Seems the other also have their share have trouble so a next season should be interesting.
Sep 29, 2022 8:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So we got a Bell epic battle after being somewhat healed and ready for it and the stupid guy got killed by his own monster lol... though that giant water dragon appearance is worrying (and not only for the CGI lol)... though Bell and Ryu ended in the deepest levels? Damn that's gonna be tense, I can't wait to see the next cour
Sep 29, 2022 8:30 AM
Sep 2022
at the beginning and at the end a bit boring
Sep 29, 2022 8:35 AM
Mar 2021
Solid Ep , can't wait for part 2!!!
Sep 29, 2022 8:37 AM

Feb 2014
BRUH every episode was a cliffhanger and now the finale too?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 29, 2022 8:37 AM

Jan 2009
what a cliffhanger they are all in big trouble but as expected the mermaid healed Bell and even his cut arm
Sep 29, 2022 8:39 AM

Feb 2019
Of all the throw away adventurers you had to let survive, why did it have to be the ugly bastard?
Sep 29, 2022 8:40 AM

Oct 2017
Argo Vesta was cool af, that was hype. Ryu did great too. Though damn what a cliffhanger to end this cour, they ended up in deep floors. Need cour 2 asap.

Really good season overall, sepcially the first half had the adventure feel of s1.
Sep 29, 2022 8:43 AM

Mar 2013
I already suspected that Bell's another grand battle scene wouldn't end that fast and here comes a field boss to boot... lol

Another week to wait for another episode... ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Bell traveled quite far RIP, let's hope there's another "safe place" for them to stay. I'm looking forward to it!

P.S. I'm glad that the monster tamer finally removed himself from the story, his role is sickening. ᕙ⁠(⁠⇀⁠‸⁠↼⁠‶⁠)⁠ᕗ
CrazyButNot4USep 29, 2022 8:55 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 29, 2022 8:44 AM

Jul 2013
Didn't expect this to end on a cliffhanger, thought the stuff with the Juggernaut would be solved this episode. I am glad that wasn't the case tho, beating the strongest thing on the Dungeon that easily would have felt anticlimatic.

Now time to wait for the second part of the season.
Sep 29, 2022 8:56 AM
Nov 2017
some of the comments feel like they're watching just to hate lol why bother
Mermaid blood was shown and said to heal in previous episodes I know you have the attention span of a goldfish but come on
The scarf was said to be heavy and limited Bell's movements as stated by himself in earlier episodes, why would it not be able to block blows?
Sep 29, 2022 9:01 AM

Jul 2011
I get it Bell and Ryuu having plot armor, but the eyepatch guy surviving I call bull coitus crap, good looking people were killed while the ugliest survived.

At least the exposition guy died.

Something bad is happening! Let's stay by this huge cliff.
Sep 29, 2022 9:11 AM

Jun 2014
Caught up just in time for the finale and boy was that a wild ride. I remember people saying this season would be darker and this last chunk of episodes definitely was the darkest Danmachi has ever been.

As expected, Bell didn't actually die as was teased, just a flesh wound seriously injured. Thankfully Marie came to the rescue to patch him up when he fell in the water. The fight against the Juggernaut was dope but this conflict is far from over. What a bitch of a cliffhanger as well lol.

This was probably the best season so far (for me). Crazy how a more serious tone and less Hestia easily makes this more enjoyable.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 29, 2022 9:14 AM

Nov 2013
damn if they already have trouble in floor 24, i can't imagine how they will do in floor 37, specially with how badly wounded they are lol

yay for the trash guy dying to the monster lol he thought he was so cool huh?

those other adventurers are dumb, didn't they see Bell's firebolt? ... why would Ryu even save that guy at the expense of her life? meh

yay for the mermaid heals, too bad she couldn't heal bell before he got eaten, it would make the next part easier lol inb4 she manages to follow them by going down the water

anyway cool half season i guess, even tho having that stupid jura put me in a bad mood, and the monsters are too strong now, but that's ok

(no idea what score to give so i guess i won't score at all lols)
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 29, 2022 9:19 AM

Mar 2021
I honestly did not realize that the season was broken up into cours. Imagine my confusion ending it where they did; it makes much more sense as part of a longer season.

Fun season. Glad I kind of came back to this series after ignoring it for a while.
Sep 29, 2022 9:24 AM
Sep 2016
Softhenic03 said:
Ah I forgot there are healing spells in their world, a lost arm or leg is no big deal. I wonder if the same trick will work if someone's beheaded too.

Anyways folks, always remember to have a scarf around your neck, it works wonder when you aren't even expecting it, like a shield. Yes like a shield, that same thing Captain America carries himself with.

Don't know I didn't find any groundbreaking changes this season, they still fighting with those same monsters, maybe dragon was a new inclusion, also yeah animation improved a bit too. But yeah that's it. Hestia not appearing certainly helped, but that too got equalled with the overbearing stupid self of Bell.

The scarf is made with skin from the Black Goliath, the Floor Boss that they fought back in Season 1 and was incredibly tough. There is a reason why the two weakest members of the party where wearing those Goliath Robes (the Goliath Muffler was made from one of those), and it's because of its defensive properties. So yeah, it's not just a scarf lol.
Sep 29, 2022 9:26 AM

Feb 2019
A banquet of tragedy indeed. Literally everything that can go wrong has gone wrong in the dungeon

Seeing Jura get shredded by juggernaut was hilarious

I love how both Bell as an individual and his group as a team are being tested to their absolute limits and will be forced to figure it out on their own. No help is in sight.

Bell and Ryu in the deep floors heavily injured and with no idea what’s in front of them, the squad taking on the 27th floor boss.. just some insane stakes coming up.

Kinda hard to properly evaluate the first cour since it’s cut the way it is. It’s done a great job of showing how far Bell has come, much better production values and some really cool action scenes. But that cliffhanger makes it hard to give it above an 8 since the story isn’t over.
Marinate1016Sep 29, 2022 9:32 AM
Sep 29, 2022 9:31 AM
May 2022
Holy shit! Totally worth the 2 weeks wait for this episode. Is this the last of this season?
Sep 29, 2022 9:44 AM
Apr 2021
ia episode 11 last episode for this season or will there be more?
Sep 29, 2022 9:46 AM
Dec 2011
This season will have a second cour airing in January. Should be announced tomorrow.
Sep 29, 2022 10:11 AM
Feb 2018
This has became garbage like literal trash, wtf is with the writing, like everyone wants to shield someone else in order to get what ?, getting themselves badly bruised and killed, even though they literally were hunting to kill the elf, she protected the eye patch guy and almost got herself sent to the belly ​of that monster to be crap out by it later when he had his full, wow, and above all haven't forgot about the last episodes bull fuckery, they gonna have to go and waste the entire foken episode on rambling, oh he is the cause for everything let's keep him alive, oh he's talking about controlling the monster, let's still keep him alive, when they could've just killed the cringe laughing guy in few seconds, literal gutter writing.

Man get this trash down to below 5.
Sep 29, 2022 10:13 AM
Oct 2020
Great season, starts off a little slow but its a build up for the end and the next season which will be fire!!
Sep 29, 2022 10:14 AM
Feb 2018
BlichoBoy said:
I get it Bell and Ryuu having plot armor, but the eyepatch guy surviving I call bull coitus crap, good looking people were killed while the ugliest survived.

At least the exposition guy died.

Something bad is happening! Let's stay by this huge cliff.

Bruh this crap is trash...
Sep 29, 2022 10:22 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Combined with the unique skill of magic reflect with its own speed and power hug really is insanely powerful. The healing properties of mermaid's though really are impressive. But dangerous as it is facing it in close combat is the only way to beat it. Using firebolt as means to activate his ultimate ability though was gutsy. Jura got what he deserved in the end a painful death by the thing that he tried to tame. This must be the most damage that Bell ever took in the dungeon thats for sure. But that fight really was amazing. But man to think that they will end up being trapped in the deep floors. Overall an excellent ep that showcased both how powerful the jug was and how this strength inflicted so much trauma on Ryu when it killed her friends while also showcasing Bell's growth as well. This season did really well to cover the events of v12 and 13 and im looking forward to seeing the events of v14 and maybe 15 with season 5. 8/10 easy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2022 10:36 AM

Jun 2019
the final ep was very good but unexpected since this is not what i was used from this one
Sep 29, 2022 10:38 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was a brutal first half! And now, Bell and Ryu-san are in the deep layers while the remaining crew is at the mercy of the 27th-floor boss, looks like things are pretty darn dire for the adventurers, lol.

Bell did get healed up once but I'm afraid that might not have been nearly enough, he looks far too injured to be able to stand a firm ground in the final few moments of the episode. Pretty cool fight with that reptile-looking beast though, and the idea to reinforce his blade with the reflected firebolt was interesting. I'd a feeling it wouldn't be enough though, and that, it wasn't, sadly. At least, thank God, it didn't come chasing down all the way. Rightfully, that monster should've probably belonged here, so it doesn't make much of a difference, but let's see, there's got to be he'll get away from there...

One satisfying part of the episode was seeing that idiot get thrashed the moment he thought he achieved his wish. Good lord, he literally played the worst card and didn't even have it in him to view the consequences of it. Supposed squad leader finally realising the identity of Ryu-san at the cost of her health really wasn't worth it xD, what a waste of manpower, money and strategic planning.

I never knew mermaids have the special ability to heal humans to that extent (plugging back the arm and whatnot). Don't think we were ever told this in the show, but welp, we just sweep that under the rug.

In hindsight, the season felt like it was building up to something and we got a heck of a cliffhanger, as a result. Definitely looking forward to the remaining cour to draw this arc to a close. It's hard to imagine how things will unfold from here on out especially if the plot is to continue this line of emotions and stakes but hey, count me in for the ride!

Seriously, if there's a lesson to take from this, listen to someone when he/she's trying to convey a point and don't just brush off bad omen. They're never pleasing when they hit.

On par with Season 1 for me, solid 7/10.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 29, 2022 10:38 AM
May 2021
Can we just talk about Bells character development and how far he's come. The pacing of his progress as an adventurer and his growth is what I love about this show. The end of the last episode gave me a heart attack but I knew Marie would come through...also Jura had it coming. Lilli team, let's get ready. (Let's not talk about how Monster Rex is animated, Ill turn a blind eye XD)
Sep 29, 2022 10:50 AM
Jul 2022
Full of suspense until the end. I NEED MORE
Sep 29, 2022 11:03 AM

Jun 2014
still salty that they decided to go splitcour on this, since this is a toptier season.

that being said; epic. cant wait for January.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2022 11:04 AM
Jan 2021
that ending was intense keeping us with a cliffhanger.
over all a great episode and great season over all
8/10
Sep 29, 2022 11:05 AM
Aug 2021
man, too man plot armour and random shit, everyone is bad than Bell, he is a lvl 3 but i feel like he can beat a lvl 5, survive even with the the skeleton break and a losed arm, healed in 5 seconda by the Blood of a Mermaid. The Monsters are stupid or what? why they don't attack when they Need like:"lets wait until *insert character* do *insert action* then lets kill him or make something change the whole situation, too many episode with an unsatisfaction end, the Monster are Simply impossible to beat, like, 2 lvl 3/4 probably can kill a Snake Who Simply charge without strategy. liked the arc before this really bad arc, nothing really good, why ppl call It a development of Bell?? he is the same as S3.
Sep 29, 2022 11:14 AM
Apr 2021
Eternarru said:
some of the comments feel like they're watching just to hate lol why bother
Mermaid blood was shown and said to heal in previous episodes I know you have the attention span of a goldfish but come on
The scarf was said to be heavy and limited Bell's movements as stated by himself in earlier episodes, why would it not be able to block blows?

I know riighht? Some people like to act they r some elite critics or creators themselves acting high n mighty watching something just to hate on it. If u have so much free time go help ur parents or do social work.
Sep 29, 2022 11:15 AM
Aug 2021
Why is it always the last episode to end a amazing arc, will this help bell to grow more than he needs like leveling up straight to lv 6 or 7. No matter what happens from the start it was boring but gained its momentum after episde 8 loved it very much and looking forward to white castle arc.... 😖🧐
Sep 29, 2022 11:17 AM
Mar 2015
Our boi is in the white palace where super monsters go to die
Sep 29, 2022 11:21 AM
Jun 2021
so when is part 2 has it been announced because they can't leave us hanging like this
Sep 29, 2022 11:21 AM

May 2021
damn marie got a nice rac- i mean power.
this ep was definitely one of the best of this season. that buildup when fighting the juggernaut seemed like bell would win but alas. this season has been pure chaos and despair. best season yet?! definitely. props to jc staff even tho cgi could be better but it was okay. looking forward to part 2!
Sep 29, 2022 11:26 AM
Nov 2021
Gave it a VERY disgruntled 4/5 for the episode... HOW can you do me like this!!!

Everyone facing death and despair.. man I REALLY REALLY hope this second part is coming out like right away because it's heart wrenching lol.

Was anyone else like sitting there and just hoping and praying someone like the Loki familiar would show up and save the day hahaha. I was, I was!
Sep 29, 2022 11:26 AM
Apr 2021
Neaow said:
This has became garbage like literal trash, wtf is with the writing, like everyone wants to shield someone else in order to get what ?, getting themselves badly bruised and killed, even though they literally were hunting to kill the elf, she protected the eye patch guy and almost got herself sent to the belly ​of that monster to be crap out by it later when he had his full, wow, and above all haven't forgot about the last episodes bull fuckery, they gonna have to go and waste the entire foken episode on rambling, oh he is the cause for everything let's keep him alive, oh he's talking about controlling the monster, let's still keep him alive, when they could've just killed the cringe laughing guy in few seconds, literal gutter writing.

Man get this trash down to below 5.
SuntProstMare said:
man, too man plot armour and random shit, everyone is bad than Bell, he is a lvl 3 but i feel like he can beat a lvl 5, survive even with the the skeleton break and a losed arm, healed in 5 seconda by the Blood of a Mermaid. The Monsters are stupid or what? why they don't attack when they Need like:"lets wait until *insert character* do *insert action* then lets kill him or make something change the whole situation, too many episode with an unsatisfaction end, the Monster are Simply impossible to beat, like, 2 lvl 3/4 probably can kill a Snake Who Simply charge without strategy. liked the arc before this really bad arc, nothing really good, why ppl call It a development of Bell?? he is the same as S3.
1st learn to write...then comment. And Bell isn't level 3. Just say u have too much time to hate on something, u don't even try to watch correctly.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2022

235 by hypergoob »»
May 8, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

102 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

67 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

81 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2022

110 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.