Forum Settings
Forums

'Haikyuu!!' Gets Two-Part Sequel Anime Movie

New
Aug 13, 2022 2:11 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

The official website of the Haikyuu!! (Haikyu!!) anime series announced a two-part sequel movie on Saturday, titled Haikyuu!! Final (Haikyu!! Final). The website also revealed an announcement promo and a teaser visual (pictured).

Haruichi Furudate originally published two one-shots in Shounen Jump NEXT and Weekly Shounen Jump in January and April 2011. The latter began serializing the volleyball manga in February 2012 and ended its eight-year-run in July 2020. Shueisha published the 45th and final volume in November that year. Haikyuu!! has a cumulative 50 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

Production I.G produced the first three seasons in Spring 2014, Fall 2015, and Fall 2016. The fourth season, Haikyuu!!: To the Top, aired in split cours in Winter and Fall 2020. The manga also inspired four compilation films between July 2015 and September 2017.

Crunchyroll simulcast the seasons with subtitles as they aired in Japan. Sentai Filmworks licensed the anime series in North America and released the first three seasons on home video in June 2015, April 2018, and November 2019, and later with an English dub. The fourth season shipped on March 29.

VIZ Media licensed the manga in English under its Shounen Jump imprint in 2016. The company simulpublished the chapters with the Japanese release on its Shounen Jump platform. The 45th and final volume shipped last August.

Haikyuu!! won the 61st Shogakukan Manga Awards in the Shounen category in 2015.

Announcement

Official site: https://haikyu.jp/
Official Twitter: @animehaikyu_com

Source: Oricon News

Haikyuu!! Final on MAL
VindstotAug 13, 2022 6:23 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 13, 2022 2:32 AM

Apr 2012
Now every hyped franchise will get something with a big "FINAL" at the end?
Aug 13, 2022 2:35 AM
Jan 2020
Man, Demon Slayer really ruined everything. Now they're gonna fit 100+ chapters in 2 fucking movies.

Saekano style
RonninnAug 13, 2022 2:41 AM
Aug 13, 2022 2:58 AM

Feb 2017
Success of Demon Slayer is again proving to be a curse. Don't know if it is possible to properly condense 3 cours worth of content into 2 films but I guess we will see. Doubt it will be satisfying.
Aug 13, 2022 3:33 AM

Oct 2017
Tf do they mean Final.
Aug 13, 2022 3:42 AM

Feb 2021
Great! I will watch all the Haikyuu series when the movies will be released with the subs! Amazing news!
Aug 13, 2022 3:44 AM

Jan 2021
100+ chapters in two movies don't seem possible at all. Something definitely isn't right. It seems that I need to pick up the manga.

It might be due to Demon slayer that we are getting so many anime movies these days but it will be the fault of those people related with the project if it does not get the right treatment.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Aug 13, 2022 3:47 AM

Feb 2021
FZREMAKE said:
100+ chapters in two movies don't seem possible at all. Something definitely isn't right. It seems that I need to pick up the manga.

It might be due to Demon slayer that we are getting so many anime movies these days but it will be the fault of those people related with the project if it does not get the right treatment.

Maybe it will be long time movies.
Aug 13, 2022 3:51 AM

Jan 2021
Sotara said:
FZREMAKE said:

The movie needs to be too long. For example if we make a 24 episode season and lets assume that each episode is 20 minutes long (if we dont count the op and ed) then that is worth 8 hours of content. I doubt they will make two movies each of 4 hours.

Aug 13, 2022 3:52 AM

Feb 2021
FZREMAKE said:
Sotara said:

The movie needs to be too long. For example if we make a 24 episode season and lets assume that each episode is 20 minutes long (if we dont count the op and ed) then that is worth 8 hours of content. I doubt they will make two movies each of 4 hours.

Maybe 3 hours and a half they will make for each of the movies.
Aug 13, 2022 3:56 AM

May 2020
Tell me these are recap movies or something because no way in hell they can cram some 100 odd chapters in two movies. Just no way.
Aug 13, 2022 4:00 AM

Jan 2021
Sotara said:
FZREMAKE said:

A movie that is 3.5 hours still feels a bit too long. The demon slayer movie was 2 hours long and was still considered a lengthy film. For much more recent examples, The Batman was almost 3 hours long.

Thats not the only problem. Lets say they do end up making two movie of 3.5 hours, I still think that even after that there will be some content left out or the pacing would be too fast.

Aug 13, 2022 4:02 AM

Feb 2021
FZREMAKE said:
Sotara said:

A movie that is 3.5 hours still feels a bit too long. The demon slayer movie was 2 hours long and was still considered a lengthy film. For much more recent examples, The Batman was almost 3 hours long.

Thats not the only problem. Lets say they do end up making two movie of 3.5 hours, I still think that even after that there will be some content left out or the pacing would be too fast.

I agree, adaptations usually don't include all the details sadly. Let's hope that they won't remove important parts from the movies.
Aug 13, 2022 4:04 AM
Aug 2021
Didn't expected this shit at all.
Aug 13, 2022 4:06 AM

Feb 2021
Stacias said:
Didn't expected this shit at all.

Recently one-shot was released, I think partly it signaled of the upcoming movie adaptaion.
Aug 13, 2022 4:11 AM

Apr 2012
FZREMAKE said:
Sotara said:

It feels like Demon Slayer is to blame for their movie being so good and successful lol. But aside from that, it all depends on what they cut out.
Aug 13, 2022 4:13 AM

Jul 2019
lol ppl blaming demon slayer. blame the producers for making bad decisions. they are clearly looking for profits here as this series end. same business as AOT.
Aug 13, 2022 4:15 AM
Jul 2021
What a terrible decision.Haikyuu might acc be ruined.
Aug 13, 2022 4:21 AM

Jan 2022
Sotara said:
FZREMAKE said:

I know for a fact that the second longest anime movie we got was The dissapearance of Haruhi, which is 2h41 mins long.
So, I doubt it's longer than 2h30 at most.
Edit: #1 is 2h43 mins long..
Aug 13, 2022 4:21 AM
Aug 2020
Should I go read the manga??
Aug 13, 2022 4:22 AM

Jan 2021
RobertBobert said:
FZREMAKE said:

It feels like Demon Slayer is to blame for their movie being so good and successful lol. But aside from that, it all depends on what they cut out.

I guess I can just hope that they dont cut out important parts and then I will just read the manga.

Aug 13, 2022 4:26 AM

Feb 2021
Bidoof_PMD-EOS said:
Sotara said:

I know for a fact that the second longest anime movie we got was The dissapearance of Haruhi, which is 2h41 mins long.
So, I doubt it's longer than 2h30 at most.
Edit: #1 is 2h43 mins long..

I don't know it. So they cut some material sadly.
Suria108_ said:

You can read the manga after the last season of the anime series.
FZREMAKE said:
RobertBobert said:

I guess I can just hope that they dont cut out important parts and then I will just read the manga.

I hope so too.
Aug 13, 2022 4:31 AM
Jul 2020
Guess I'm gonna go read the manga then
Aug 13, 2022 4:40 AM

Jul 2021
Everyone is blaming Demon Slayer LMAOO
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 13, 2022 4:42 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
More Haikyuu content? Consider me happy for now. I’ll worry about the pacing and whatnot tomorrow or the day after, xD.

Seriously, that’s how elated I’m right now!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 13, 2022 4:47 AM

Jun 2014
Ah yes, it's that pesky Demon Slayer movie that's totally 100% the reason for the production committee making such a questionable decision.

Anyway, I'm just glad Haikyuu is coming back but I definitely would have preferred a TV anime season instead, especially if this means the finale could get rushed.

I've also seen confusion on whether it's a 2 part movie, or a final season + a movie.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
-DxP-Aug 22, 2022 9:29 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 13, 2022 4:49 AM

Jul 2012
Suria108_ said:
HowlerOne said:
Guess I'm gonna go read the manga then

Yes go read the manga!!

Everyone is being so pissy but really the manga is pretty good, sometimes I forget its not animated. The pages really animate themselves, imo.

I'm so happy either way because it's still a good re-read! YEEEEEEE ヾ(≧▽≦*)o

mitsumi iwakura

deliveries
awc mrc
set by titanween
Aug 13, 2022 5:02 AM

Apr 2012
FZREMAKE said:
RobertBobert said:

They're going to have to cut something anyway because the Neverland maneuver won't work a second time lol.
Aug 13, 2022 5:36 AM

Mar 2019
What the hell is this...
Aug 13, 2022 5:38 AM

Feb 2021
augustoTT said:
What the hell is this...

Final movies of Haikyuu!!
Aug 13, 2022 6:52 AM

Dec 2020
after so long without news ,its just two movies 😭 sigh. i hate movies so i dont really know if i will ever end up watching these..fell out of haikyū anyways since it went so long without any content
Aug 13, 2022 7:08 AM

May 2021
Don't worry guys there's still hope, they are gonna pull an AOT and make another final final season part 3 fr fr
Aug 13, 2022 7:23 AM

Feb 2020
Wtf...will we get a final season cour 2 part 1 ?

There is no way 32 episode worth content can be fit in 2 movies in proper fashion. Well, most probably movie 1 will be karasuno vs nekomo match and movie 2 will be karasuno vs kamomedai match. Rest will be cameo or easter eggs...lol

Anyways another case of production committee rushing anime because its a completed manga!
AdampkAug 13, 2022 7:35 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Aug 13, 2022 7:58 AM

Oct 2021
I'm now expecting: Haikyuu!! Final Part 1 Part 1, Haikyuu!! Final Part 1 Part 2, Haikyuu!! Final Part 2 Part 1, Haikyuu!! Final Part 2 Part 2
Aug 13, 2022 8:00 AM

Jul 2019
I don't like movie adaptations but I'll hope for something good anyway.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Aug 13, 2022 8:08 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The series needed another three more cours to get a full adaptation. 110 chapters in two movies sounds like such an awful idea.
Aug 13, 2022 8:27 AM

Apr 2013
Japan and screwing over its most popular series, name a more iconic duo.

It all started going downhill with season 4 part 2 when they outsourced episodes and tried to save pennies on the animation.. Now they're adapting 100+ chapters over 2 movies effectively cutting content or rushing it. No one wants this.
Aug 13, 2022 8:38 AM

Aug 2020
I'll cry if they mess up one of my favourite anime like this. I hope they don't.
Aug 13, 2022 8:51 AM

Feb 2012
Adampk said:

There is no way 32 episode worth content can be fit in 2 movies in proper fashion. Well, most probably movie 1 will be karasuno vs nekomo match and movie 2 will be karasuno vs kamomedai match. Rest will be cameo or easter eggs...lol

Anyways another case of production committee rushing anime because its a completed manga!

Not gonna lie, wouldn't surprise me if they announced Final 2nd or something at the end of part two.
Aug 13, 2022 8:59 AM

Feb 2020
Zhou said:
Adampk said:

Not gonna lie, wouldn't surprise me if they announced Final 2nd or something at the end of part two.

Unfortunately, trailer seem to have panels from the last parts. So dont get ur hopes up.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Aug 13, 2022 9:02 AM

Oct 2020
heres to hoping its bring justice to the show xx

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Aug 13, 2022 9:04 AM

Jan 2020
Wth man. I didn’t want movies 😭
Aug 13, 2022 9:23 AM

Feb 2014
2 movies lol? I was expecting movie formats for nekoma match all these years but this is dumb. Typical Japan, making ppl wait this long only to cuck viewers with a butchered "finale"

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Aug 13, 2022 9:33 AM

Jan 2020
Final? Will these movies conclude the adaptation? Also, I don't understand the choice of the movie format, but I'm hoping each will be at least 2 hours long. I'm guessing the first movie will come out in Spring 2023 or Fall 2023. Do we know if it's going to have a theatrical release?
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Aug 13, 2022 10:03 AM

Sep 2013
I don't want it to be bad but it is worrying. We've already been dealing with cut content with season 4, but to cram in over a hundred chapters into movies will be really abridged.
Aug 13, 2022 10:31 AM
Sep 2010
I was waiting for season 5, not a two part movie, producers you traitors ;__; I was seeing myself enjoying season 5 waiting with excitement for an episode to come out weekly, but two movies change everything. There's no way that everything that goes on in the manga can be fit in just two movies. Furudate sensei should have complained about this. I'm a little disappointed but nevertheless I'm still hoping that the movies will at least be decent.
Aug 13, 2022 10:34 AM
Aug 2020
We were all expecting a season 5 since there's so much content to fill... Disappointed but still hopeful as the 2 movies could cover one match each and then end the series with a season 5, but highly unlikely
Aug 13, 2022 11:11 AM

Feb 2021
Maybe there will be fifth season after the movies.
Aug 13, 2022 11:15 AM

Feb 2019
Sotara said:
Maybe there will be fifth season after the movies.

Hmm...

Too much copium
Aug 13, 2022 11:35 AM

Mar 2018
Y know honestly I feel like even though two movies is not enough it could work. The best option is very long movies both of them together being 6 hours in total which does seem unlikely but it’s my best wish. The other option is cutting unessecary stuff out, there is some stuff I could see that could be cut out that won’t really have a greater impact on the story but will make me sad anyways.
Hopefully they do this in the movies so we will have more time and better flow for the important stuff of the story even though it would have a tone shift on the series I hope they cut ALL of them out, except the important parts like that Takeda and nishinoya one in the
. All of the info explaining cut always at least I feel aren’t needed anymore even though they do add pzazz. And If I had to choose something even bigger it would be the match with Hinata and the guy I totally forgot the name of but he’s the dark skinned one in the
I felt like the match didn’t overall have any impact on the story and we could easily incorporate some of the stuff learned in that as something else or even into his meeting in the
. I’m disappointed that it’s two movies but I don’t have all hope lost honestly I’m kind of happy that it is a movie at least because Most of the time movies are better animation that the original show with literally all mediums. And I also hope it gets a release in America because I will show up early in the morning for the first viewing:)
DaokoscakeAug 13, 2022 11:41 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Darwin Jihen' Gets TV Anime

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

10 by OniCornwalis »»
5 hours ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

9 by Kamirura »»
7 hours ago

» 'Touken Ranbu Kai' Prequel Anime Movie Announced for August 2024

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
7 hours ago

» TV Version of 'Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction' Anime Movie Announced

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

20 by Ionliosite2 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

19 by IdaB »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.