Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 30, 2022 6:06 AM

Jul 2019
I don't imagine anyone here has a PhD in fictional writing, but how would you go and improve this anime anyway? I think 99% of us can unanimously agree upon that anime gets worse as time goes on. So, what would you do to improve this work?

I'd personally cut all the content no one asked for and speed things up a little.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 30, 2022 6:25 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
I honestly have no clue, cuz this series has this weird phenomena for me where I actually thoroughly enjoy the manga, (while its not my favorite by any means) but I just don’t like the anime nearly as much, and I haven’t been able to put my finger on what it is about it. Maybe seeing Deku brought to life and in action made it unbearable lol.
Jul 30, 2022 6:26 AM

Jul 2015
Most people agree, that Deku is the weakest part of this series, so giving him less screentime, but more to someone like Todoroki would help.

Jul 30, 2022 6:27 AM
Jan 2021
get rid of basically all the training arcs
Jul 30, 2022 6:27 AM

Apr 2016
I would do just the opposite: make the show longer.
The major flaw of the show for me is that there are a lot of charming and interesting chapters but the story have to choose only a few every season to develop them.
Jul 30, 2022 6:32 AM

Nov 2021
By removing shippers from shipping the most useless pairs, and, as the rest of the people said, make Deku less cry.
itsrj20Jul 30, 2022 10:49 AM

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jul 30, 2022 6:37 AM
May 2018
I recently watched the last season out and some episodes were so boring, it felt like it was teasing us this great tragedy but at the end nothing happened. I think the issue is maybe they don’t want the anime to be to gore/scary or maybe I’m just not the target audience anymore(I’m20). I get that you can’t make these kids go through only bad times but, the good times feel to « off ». Also deku might have became the worst mc (in recent shonen). I guess the main issue is that they just tell and don’t show. At the beginning or ending of almost every episode deku is like  «  yeah soon we’re all going to suffer, it’s the end of the world as we’ve known it, the villains are going to kill everyone » but they don’t show us anything.
miiriam1012Jul 30, 2022 6:42 AM
Jul 30, 2022 6:37 AM
Apr 2021
Oremonogatari said:
get rid of basically all the training arcs

From memory the joint training arc that was in the last season was the last in the manga
Jul 30, 2022 6:39 AM
Apr 2021
Piromysl said:
Most people agree, that Deku is the weakest part of this series, so giving him less screentime, but more to someone like Todoroki would help.

Haha but the story is about how Deku becomes the world’s greatest hero so that wouldn’t really work
Jul 30, 2022 6:40 AM
Jul 2022
i would improve it by killing bakugo
Jul 30, 2022 6:40 AM
Apr 2018
They are in school to become heroes and that's fine, but maybe don't focus on it too much. They're going from classroom training to taking down insanely strong enemies. It makes the official pro heroes look useless at times.

Also, I would kill off 1 or 2 classroom 1A students at some point before a timeskip or perhaps make 1 student a traitor that kills another student.
Jul 30, 2022 6:43 AM
Jan 2022
Changing the whole plot and story, make it slice of life instead of shonen, literally everything-
Jul 30, 2022 6:44 AM
Jun 2021
by removing all the annoying parts of each character. god i swear every single character has just one part that pisses me off. it would be great if that got resolved somehow
Jul 30, 2022 6:44 AM
Sep 2020
NextUniverse said:
I don't imagine anyone here has a PhD in fictional writing, but how would you go and improve this anime anyway? I think 99% of us can unanimously agree upon that anime gets worse as time goes on. So, what would you do to improve this work?

I'd personally cut all the content no one asked for and speed things up a little.

giving us the hype and the fights we want instead of random unnecessary stuff put everywhere just to fill it up until the next fight or big thing
Jul 30, 2022 6:49 AM
Jul 2018
Give a better premise for the series than "if you don't have a certain feature to practice a certain profession, hope that someone will suddenly appear and will give you this feature".
Jul 30, 2022 7:00 AM
Jun 2020
Basically delete every character that’s not Todoroki or the villain with the hands because they’re all so terribly designed and bland that every time they’re on screen u just wanna go watch paint dry instead. The problem with this show is that They focus on world building of these side characters but the characters are just so badly designed and boring that u don’t give 2 shits about any of them so all the screen time they get is irrelevant and makes u pissed off. Also the main character deserves an essay all on his own. It’s been 5 seasons and he still feels like the same retarded, pussy MC from season 1.
Jul 30, 2022 7:08 AM

May 2017
Make Deku an actual underdog character instead of giving him preferential treatment. Make him like Mirio, someone who had a dogshit quirk but managed to make it useful and worked his ass to earn the chance to inherit One for All, not a random lucky encounter. Too bad the series does the complete opposite of that and gives Deku 7 more quirks besides the already broken one, all while trying to sell him as "quirkless".

I know it's not the only shonen that does this shit, but that doesn't excuse it.
Jul 30, 2022 7:22 AM

May 2017
Also the series has become very formulaic. It's literally training arc -> exam/tournament arc -> villain arc that has a 50/50 to either be good or a total disappointment -> pointless slice of life that adds nothing to the story. In addition to that, it feels like the characters have gotten stronger and stronger but the stakes are just as low.
Jul 30, 2022 7:33 AM

Jul 2021
kill the annoying characters and remove the cringe.

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
Jul 30, 2022 7:33 AM
Apr 2022
NextUniverse said:

by removing DEKU....
Jul 30, 2022 7:37 AM
Aug 2021
Moxxyyyyy said:
i would improve it by killing bakugo

See now this is it. Right here ^^^^^
Jul 30, 2022 7:46 AM
Apr 2022
I actually really like mha, but the fans kinda tainted it for me. I would probably make Deku less annoying, and make more scenes with hawks
Jul 30, 2022 7:47 AM
Jan 2021
Delete the fans💀
Jul 30, 2022 7:55 AM
Nov 2021
If they took off 80% of the training/exam arcs, I probably would have enjoyed it more than I did. They just had wayyyy too many and I was getting annoyed by that. Also giving Bakugo way less screentime.
Jul 30, 2022 8:00 AM
Jun 2022
MarukaiSami said:
make Deku less annoying. whenever i hear his voice actor in other anime, i can’t un-hear the Deku in his voice which sometimes just ultimately ruins that new character for me

yep, maybe it would have been great if his development was like asta, or maybe tanjiro, but even though his strength skyrockets, the voice definitely needs to sound better, it's too annoying.
Jul 30, 2022 8:09 AM
Feb 2022
NextUniverse said:

you got it kid now everyone is ready to waste their time on this thread...
Jul 30, 2022 8:10 AM
Jan 2022
This anime would have been alot better if it didn't exist, delete the anime to improve it.
Check Out My Profile

MAL Profile
Jul 30, 2022 8:11 AM
Feb 2022
The first problem(not with the show) were the toxic shippers of this show, the ones who who even pressurized Horikoshi for the sake of their bullshit shipping. To those people -This is not a shoujo, sol show it is a battle shounen. I thought that there was something wrong with the show but no it was the fandom that ruined it.

Other problems of the show is that even after 5 seasons 1 year is not yet complete in the show. I guess 1 year will pass by mid or end of season 6, but it somehow feels that the story just hasn't moved forward as it should have after 5 seasons.
I hope more of class 1A gets attention in future episodes coz many of them have some amazing quirks.
The cultural festival arc could have been shortened.

And, The overhaul arc could have been a little less dramatic. The drama was getting a little overboard in that arc and also many manga readers say that, that arc was censored a lot for TV viewing.

And yes Make Deku less dramatic and emotional. Even Bakugo has been infected by him.
Jatin587Jul 30, 2022 8:21 AM
Jul 30, 2022 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
make it faster and focus on deku life as a pro hero, give more screen time for villains, make deku less annoying, give more screen time to other heros, basically making it more similar to opm
Jul 30, 2022 8:28 AM

Feb 2022
make deku a bit real , he is too fictional :(
Jul 30, 2022 8:32 AM
Jul 2018
Simple!
Not adapting the manga.
It was not worth it

Tbh, this anime is overrated.
And we all know it.
Just another boring and annoying battle shounen like Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen.
Jul 30, 2022 8:33 AM
Jun 2021
if bakugo was the mc
Jul 30, 2022 8:39 AM
Jul 2022
God this show had such potential.

First change I would make is to make every fucking character 18. Boom, if not, then an earlier time skip idfk I haven’t read the shitty manga.

That’s one major issue down. Then I would all might a woman, boom another major issue down. Then there would be no sexualization of minors and there would be no lack of powerful women in the Mha universe.

Then I would just stop trying to appeal to a general audience of 15 year olds and tell a story worth telling, not some product tested, market approved, generic story that looks like it had to be approved by executives every step of the way. We need more stories that are going to push anime as a form of art, not just generic battle shonen that most people will like and very few will love or hate.

Also I would make a stronger stance on where the ethics of heroes being paid for saving people. The boys on Amazon does it amazingly. Mha does a lukewarm small arc where hero killer shit stain or whatever criticizes one hero and kills two others. And then the whole manifesto bullshit is so lame they don’t even go into depth about corruption and abuse of heroes and their powers.

The whole endeavor or however you spell it thing pisses me off. He beat his wife, his kids, and now he feels bad about it? Wtf?!?! Why isn’t he like in jail? Why is he being given OST’s crazy animation, good fights, a “redemption” arc after barely acknowledging everything, and WHY IS HE BEING GLORIFIED IN THE COMMUNITY??? Just such a dog shit show with so many issues.
Jul 30, 2022 8:40 AM
Dec 2020
Make the art style of the animation to be more simular to manga and have diffrent colour choices and also make season 5 training arc shorter
NeonGirlJul 30, 2022 8:44 AM
Jul 30, 2022 8:54 AM
Jun 2021
The only way the anime can be redeemed is by not skipping/changing up the sequence of manga. The next season is one of crucial ones and I hope they don't mess this up like the My Villain Academia one.
Jul 30, 2022 8:57 AM
Mar 2021
1. give more time to arcs like hideout raid, where most of fights were not shown and make training arcs shorter

2. cut out everything in season 4 except the overhaul arc and merge the final 2 episodes of season 4 with endeavour agency arc

3. anything important that happens in second half of season 4 will be merged with first half of season 5

4. make my villain academia/ meta liberation army as good as manga
Jul 30, 2022 9:10 AM
Sep 2020
would have made the pacing a little bit faster and would cut the festival arc from season 4
Jul 30, 2022 9:51 AM
Jun 2021
NextUniverse said:

continue devoloping deku post season 2 cuz they literally stopped devoloping his character after season 2. The anime and manga is really consistent which I love apart for season 5.
Jul 30, 2022 9:54 AM
Jul 2018
MarukaiSami said:
make Deku less annoying. whenever i hear his voice actor in other anime, i can’t un-hear the Deku in his voice which sometimes just ultimately ruins that new character for me

This, but I've watched the eng dub. I have no idea about Japanese VA's, but English Deku was irritating
Jul 30, 2022 10:06 AM
Dec 2021
Make Deku more serious and unique and make the show more dark and serious and maybe have deku fight more villains the challenge his beliefs and his outlook on the world and quirks in general, also flesh out more character
Jul 30, 2022 10:20 AM
Jul 2022
TASM18 said:
Make Deku more serious and unique and make the show more dark and serious and maybe have deku fight more villains the challenge his beliefs and his outlook on the world and quirks in general, also flesh out more character

something like that will happen in season 6
Jul 30, 2022 10:21 AM
Jul 2022
basicallykatsuki said:
if bakugo was the mc

no, bakugo needs to die
Jul 30, 2022 10:26 AM
Jun 2021
Moxxyyyyy said:
basicallykatsuki said:
if bakugo was the mc

no, bakugo needs to die

me when i’m talking about todoroki
Jul 30, 2022 10:27 AM
Jul 2022
basicallykatsuki said:
Moxxyyyyy said:

no, bakugo needs to die

todoroki is garbage but bakugo is way worse, all bro knows how to do it scream
Jul 30, 2022 10:28 AM
Jun 2021
Moxxyyyyy said:
basicallykatsuki said:

todoroki is garbage but bakugo is way worse, all bro knows how to do it scream

okay if you say so bro
Jul 30, 2022 10:34 AM
Jun 2021
I go through phases of loving this show and then I dislike it. I think they just need better attention on the overall plot and villains. We are getting that now, but for two seasons My Hero fell off. Even though I really did like the Yakuza arc so like I said it goes in phases
Jul 30, 2022 10:37 AM
Jun 2021
MusashiKarlsefni said:
I honestly have no clue, cuz this series has this weird phenomena for me where I actually thoroughly enjoy the manga, (while its not my favorite by any means) but I just don’t like the anime nearly as much, and I haven’t been able to put my finger on what it is about it. Maybe seeing Deku brought to life and in action made it unbearable lol.

Ya I have the same problem lol. I enjoy the manga more too. I always thought the manga took the story a bit more seriously and that was why. Plus Bakugo can’t be heard screaming everywhere
Jul 30, 2022 10:46 AM
Feb 2021
itsrj20 said:
By removing shippers from shipping the most useless pairs and, as the rest of the people said, make Deku less cry.

this feels like a fanbase problem not a problem with the anime
Jul 30, 2022 10:47 AM

Nov 2021
BanzaiAlex said:
itsrj20 said:
By removing shippers from shipping the most useless pairs, and, as the rest of the people said, make Deku less cry.

Both, second part is regarding deku, while the first is regarding fanbase.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jul 30, 2022 10:48 AM
Feb 2021
itsrj20 said:
BanzaiAlex said:

Both, second part is regarding deku, while the first is regarding fanbase.

Oops I didn't notice the 2nd one
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» what's up with the rating?

Tormented - Jun 9

11 by Phloup »»
Jun 9, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

441 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 7, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

336 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 6, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

279 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 5, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

298 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 4, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.