Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 8, 2022 7:19 AM
Aug 2013
This was the worst episode I have seen this season ... I have a feeling I will just be wasting my time watching this.
Jul 8, 2022 7:22 AM
Aug 2020
G0ldStark said:
4 minutes watching this show and I was already wishing they would kill the fucking mc
Why he doesn't do anything. He is just your average guy. Where is the opinion coming from that the MC is annoying while this is AN INTRODUCTION. They just met for the very first time like wtf do you expect?

And btw for everyone that is not pleased because of the 'fan service,' she is the only character where that is prevalent and also gets shit from other characters later in the show.
My god people can make such bad takes from only an introduction to what the show is more or less vaguely about.
Jul 8, 2022 7:23 AM
Aug 2020
KanameYuuki said:
I don't get it, So was he bullied out of school or just confronted and he ran away, this author's girl are always on point but ehhh, I don't know what to think about the MC.

It's called an introduction. Show don't tell kind of thing? Does everything need to be spelt out right away?
Jul 8, 2022 7:26 AM
Jan 2022
UaEfAlCoN83 said:
This was the worst episode I have seen this season ... I have a feeling I will just be wasting my time watching this.

if you generally don't like simple mainstream romcom like dress up darling, horimiya, etc then it's understandable, although the difference between this show and those mainstream romcom is that this show has more faster "physical contact" development between the main couple which is pretty refreshing.
Jul 8, 2022 7:29 AM

Dec 2013
DickandBalls said:

It's called an introduction. Show don't tell kind of thing? Does everything need to be spelt out right away?

You certainly live up to your username.
Jul 8, 2022 7:33 AM
Aug 2013
MnMm07 said:
UaEfAlCoN83 said:

if you generally don't like simple mainstream romcom like dress up darling, horimiya, etc then it's understandable, the difference between this show and those mainstream romcom is that this show has more faster "physical contact" development between the main couple which is pretty refreshing.

I watch all genres and I enjoy romcom in general.
However, this anime felt weird … the MC just walking alone at night afraid of people knowing — apparently his parents— and kept talking about not being able to sleep. The episode didn’t deliver well that he was bullied. Also the vampire appeared randomly— which fine with me— but decided to stick with the MC for some unknown reason.

It was a really long episode.

Hopefully future episodes would be better.
I rarely drop animes so I will stick until the end and see how it goes
Jul 8, 2022 7:33 AM
Aug 2020
KanameYuuki said:
DickandBalls said:

You certainly live up to your username.

Bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......
Jul 8, 2022 7:41 AM

Aug 2020
THE AESTHETIC MY GOD

This anime is like wallpaper heaven, I love Nazuna already too, this anime's definitely gonna be a banger.
Jul 8, 2022 7:52 AM

Aug 2015
Watched the first episode on a lark, expecting it to be boring/generic, and I could just pass on it without thinking about it further.

But the cinematography is pretty neat. I can tell where there's bits of CGI used for certain things, but the night aesthetic is rather pretty. And I'm slightly curious as to where the story's gonna go.

So yeah, see you next episode.
Jul 8, 2022 7:56 AM
Aug 2020
UaEfAlCoN83 said:
MnMm07 said:

if you generally don't like simple mainstream romcom like dress up darling, horimiya, etc then it's understandable, the difference between this show and those mainstream romcom is that this show has more faster "physical contact" development between the main couple which is pretty refreshing.

However, this anime felt weird … the MC just walking alone at night afraid of people knowing — apparently his parents— and kept talking about not being able to sleep. The episode didn’t deliver well that he was bullied. Also the vampire appeared randomly— which fine with me— but decided to stick with the MC for some unknown reason.

The thing is, he isn't bullied. He is just your average guy that doesn't know what he wants to do with life and finds everyday life to be more and more boring with the day.

He tries to escape this boredom by going out at night because he hasn't experienced that for himself. The thing you perceived as the MC being bullied is just the fact that he is confused why someone loves/likes him while their relation is superficial at best. For most people at that age is enough to express that sort of emotion but for some, like for me, to say something like that has more meaning than most people perceive it as. Thus he gets shit on by the girls because their meaning/concept of this type of emotion differs. That's it, and the rest of the main character's reasons why he acts this way will be explained later in the show. Not rushed nor dragged, just a natural flow of things happening.

The reason why I love this show is that the characters are very direct in the way they feel (in present and past) and the show doesn't drag on and on with dumb bullshit in between. It flows very naturally with each character being introduced and later in the show having more importance/weight for a sub-story that also contributes to the main story between the 2 main characters.

And I want to clarify, this is (at first) just a show about a boy trying to understand what it means to live an actual life and 'love' someone. If that is not a story you find entertaining to watch then you will probably dislike the story of this show.
Jul 8, 2022 7:57 AM
Jan 2018
She says she won’t doing anything to make him fall in love with her, yet she goes full superman and Lois on him lol

also not sure where people are picking up that that he’s being bullied he was just confronted by that girls friends I assume.
Mattinator95Jul 8, 2022 8:01 AM
Jul 8, 2022 8:00 AM

May 2015
Judging by the first episode it isn't based on the "World of Darkness" universe :D
IshitatesoJul 8, 2022 10:13 AM
Jul 8, 2022 8:04 AM
Aug 2013
DickandBalls said:
UaEfAlCoN83 said:

The thing is, he isn't bullied. He is just your average guy that doesn't know what he wants to do with life and finds everyday life to be more and more boring with the day.

He tries to escape this boredom by going out at night because he hasn't experienced that for himself. The thing you perceived as the MC being bullied is just the fact that he is confused why someone loves/likes him while their relation is superficial at best. For most people at that age is enough to express that sort of emotion but for some, like for me, to say something like that has more meaning than most people perceive it as. Thus he gets shit on by the girls because their meaning/concept of this type of emotion differs. That's it, and the rest of the main character's reasons why he acts this way will be explained later in the show. Not rushed nor dragged, just a natural flow of things happening.

The reason why I love this show is that the characters are very direct in the way they feel (in present and past) and the show doesn't drag on and on with dumb bullshit in between. It flows very naturally with each character being introduced and later in the show having more importance/weight for a sub-story that also contributes to the main story between the 2 main characters.

And I want to clarify, this is (at first) just a show about a boy trying to understand what it means to live an actual life and 'love' someone. If that is not a story you find entertaining to watch then you will probably dislike the story of this show.

I saw people talk about him being bullied so I thought the anime didn’t deliver that well. In general it didn’t catch my attention but I hope it will end up being at least 7/10 and not lower
Jul 8, 2022 8:15 AM

Apr 2020
This day I watched a lot of first episodes, 6 to be exact, and I will say that Yofukashi no Uta might hit the hardest for me. It still has to prove something to completely win me over, but this first episode almost made a home run for me.

Introvert be related to our main character, you tell me but what a sigma mindset this man has. Rejecting some girl, treating his parents like a nobody, and going out in the dead of the night, this man has completely shifted from the norm, and Nana just happens to accompany him in this transition.

The animation, the color design, and the way they drew the characters is top notch, I don't need to elaborate since this might drag. Also the OP is hella amazing, very nice composition they did there. Of course the song from Creepy Nuts is the cherry on top, along with that beautiful scene of them flying in the night sky. Something tells me that staying up for this anime will be worth of a time!
Jul 8, 2022 8:22 AM
Jan 2022
UaEfAlCoN83 said:
MnMm07 said:

ah I think for the vampire girl sticking part is just your usual cheap(i can't say cliche because I think this mcs encounter is not mainstream) boy meets girl romance formula so i didn't see the problem with that (I mean nazuna got caught in the act and if she angry and then attacking ko or blackmailed him then the show will has a different genre, and it's a win-win solution that nazuna will have an easy delicious blood stock and ko become vampire).

As for the ko reasoning about going out at night, he just doesn't want to be bothered by school environment that makes him has a headache or trouble so he is going out at night as an escapism. Honestly I think he just in a rebellious phase and the school environment didn't interest him so the night environment is a place that he can truly fit in and be himself. The anime skip a bit his school background, actually what he means by doing well at school (because it's not specific) are he is good at studies and get along well with his classmates(not to the point he has best friend at least from the chapter of what i have read) but all of that doesn't makes him interested and be himself.

I think some people can relate for ko reasoning but with a different settings, situations, (it can be for the adult work environment just for the example) and of course age (I'm sure that kind of stress will relate for the high schoolers to adult people more then middle schoolers). I think the reason why the author using 14 yrs old boy as mc are just because he wants to expand the market in japan(shonen) and I'm sure he is inspired by the yofukashi not uta ED theme song which has 14 yrs old sentence mentioned in the lyrics(you can find it, there's sub in the yofukashi no uta MV). Even Gigguk called out this age problem in his manga review videos.

So yeah while premise is not perfect, it still good enough because people can relate to it about the good feeling of wandering around at night.
MnMm07Jul 8, 2022 9:01 AM
Jul 8, 2022 8:36 AM

Aug 2021
Wasn't really sure what to expect from this show going in blind but the first episode was good and I think it could turn out to be a promising series. I like the vibe and aesthetic a lot, the show looks surprisingly pretty good.
Jul 8, 2022 8:53 AM

Dec 2013
Nazuna's VA killed it. one of my favorite VA performances in a while.
BG art is also on point. for the most part loving the direction/ production.
huge fan of the manga. see some complaining about MC. i think he comes off a little awkwardly to begin with but gets better quickly.

a heads up though that first 40-50 chapters of the manga are kinda lowkey nazuna and kou wandering around at night meeting people/vampires. kinda slice-of-life-y stuff while they develop characters, then after that manga switches to more action and plot driven stuff. no clue how far they'll get in the fiirst season. but probably be a bit of a slow burn for the first season unless they cut a bunch of stuff.
Jul 8, 2022 8:55 AM
Jun 2021
woah. this blew me! the colors, the music, everything! music definitely did it for me goddamn i have no words for this. its so random i love it. random cuts here jump there, looking forward
Jul 8, 2022 8:59 AM
Dec 2020
Monogatari but it feels like a normal anime 5/10
Jul 8, 2022 9:49 AM
May 2021
Did anyone else notice that in the elevator Nazuna didnt have a reflection
Jul 8, 2022 9:57 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Yamori walking at night because he couldn't sleep and he remembers the reason he stopped going to school, in which case he doesn't know what it is love
Jul 8, 2022 10:33 AM

Nov 2020
Taking a walk at night seems fun but it's kinda scary at the same time. And yeah, the OP song is fire,
Jul 8, 2022 10:44 AM
Dec 2020
OP song is good, VAs did great job in the 1st ep. Animation was fantastic, the colours which were used blend naturally for this type of setting
Jul 8, 2022 11:14 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Pretty catchy opening. Opening visuals are pretty nice though. The manner of their first meeting was pretty fun especially Nazuna's words. Her explanation on why Ko didn't turn was pretty amusing. But Ko's motivation for wanting to become a vamp sure was surprising. Overall an excellent opening ep that did well to introduce the two main leads as well as showcase the chemistry that their unique personalities have the possibility of creating. Curious where this goes but so far an interesting tale.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2022 11:17 AM

Apr 2009
Wow, this is the worst OP I've heard in quite a while.
Jul 8, 2022 11:37 AM

Dec 2018
A decent start. Nothing really gripped me but the potential for something pretty good is definitely there. Curious to see what direction the show heads in.
Jul 8, 2022 11:54 AM

Jan 2022
Man what do I gotta do to get a Kawaii Vampire Gf who’s willing to trap me in her apartment in order to feast on my blood?

This is probably the most hyped I have ever been for an Anime in a while. This series has such an aesthetic that really appeals to the inner night owl that lurks within all of us. Top quality animation so far. OP didn’t really blow me away but the ED is definitely S tier.

Looking forward to the next episode!

They totally knew what they were doing with these subtitles.
-insert NGE meme here-
Jul 8, 2022 12:42 PM

Sep 2021
sKyBlazer08 said:
Oh yes, some good fucking food.

Director really loves his vampires huh, lmao. They were only talking the whole episode, but it went by in a blink of an eye, Monogatari vibes. Goes to show how important directing is in a show, it keeps you engaged.

Shit, I should just watch this show at like 3am or something, for the immersion. Love Ko and Nazuna already. Soundtrack is a straight up banger to, not to mention the OP and ED. Really can't wait for the next episode.

I definitely wanna do the same, I ended up watching it after dark last night, lights off and everything, it just felt perfect! Now I can't imagine watching it in the morning (for me) when it actually airs.

Truly, the food was delicious~

We can always go somewhere again.
โœงโœงโœงโœงโœงโœง
profile โœง watching โœง art credit

Jul 8, 2022 12:55 PM

Feb 2011
Glorious first episode, the music and visuals were absolutely impressive. I went into this blind, and i cannot wait for more episodes. Solid 9 to start!

Only weird thing is Nazuna's chest seems a little.. strangely designed

Jul 8, 2022 1:26 PM
Apr 2018
Went in with 0 expectations and was super impressed- I loved the OP, and the overall vibes of the show. Lots to look forward to next week!
Jul 8, 2022 1:27 PM
Apr 2020
Watching it at night when i had insomnia was hit on different level and its prolly even better if i was high lol but ive been sober for 2 years, i hope i can hold my urge and keep my streak

Jul 8, 2022 2:24 PM
Dec 2020
DickandBalls said:
KanameYuuki said:
I don't get it, So was he bullied out of school or just confronted and he ran away, this author's girl are always on point but ehhh, I don't know what to think about the MC.

You have to remember this site isn't home to the brightest of minds. I'm having a borderline aneurysm reading through some of these posts.
Jul 8, 2022 3:13 PM

Dec 2013
Ryiebe said:
You have to remember this site isn't home to the brightest of minds. I'm having a borderline aneurysm reading through some of these posts.

We can all rest easy now, big brain patrol is on the move!
Jul 8, 2022 3:36 PM

May 2018
ngl the strange body proportions look pretty cool. The premise is also stupid but fun. I can tell I will enjoy this lol
Jul 8, 2022 5:31 PM
Mar 2019
I hope this does not turn into a Romance between a 14 Year Old and a Vampire.
Even though Romance is the theme.
Suddenly wanting to be a Vampire for no real reason was weird.
Why do the Girls have cross eyes like Dagashi Kashi??
bushman66Jul 8, 2022 5:42 PM
Jul 8, 2022 5:35 PM
Aug 2018
looks entertaining. don't you think this vampire girl reminds a lot of hotaru from "dagashi kashi"??
Jul 8, 2022 6:12 PM

Mar 2019
HUGE vibes of Shidaru Hotaru (not only cause appereance)... i know is same Autor.

The way the character thinks, express and captures you is practically the same essence...

Dagashi Kashi was a Super Rare Gem when it came out.... i hope this one takes the same way.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 8, 2022 6:48 PM
Jul 2018
smart move that they put that neck-biting scene into the preview because if i knew how dull the rest of it looked i wouldn't have touched it. the combination of the hip-hop and the absolutely barren landscape along with the janky, choppy animation is off-putting, and i don't know how, but they somehow made the large, open "free" night seem frustratingly claustrophobic. maybe i'll check out the manga but i have no interest in watching this further.

EDIT: just checked out the first three chapters of the manga -- it's def het romance so i'm not touching it outright but if you by any chance have the same oddly claustrophobic feeling from the anime, the manga is much better. not sure why the anime made it as rigid.
removed-userJul 8, 2022 7:00 PM
Jul 8, 2022 7:35 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Very promising start, for a while I have been waiting to start the manga, but haven't, still after checking the manga I gotta say how colorful and well-directed this episode was, got me positively surprised.

This is shaping to be a really awesome anime, with an unique vibe, but I will probably go for the manga rather soon, rather than wait weekly|
Jul 8, 2022 7:47 PM

Jan 2020
Man, seeing how beautiful and lively this series looks vs how dull Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer looks is such a shame. Don’t get me wrong though, I’m happy for this series, but I’m upset with Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
Jul 8, 2022 9:26 PM

May 2020
that was a surprisingly good first ep
the colour pallet looked pretty good
the strange body proportions look pretty cool
and the ed was nice

Jul 8, 2022 10:11 PM
Jul 2020
ED was an absolute banger
Jul 8, 2022 10:59 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Lol it's funny how embarrassed she gets about talking about love, it's cute.

I felt bad for Yamori, he doesn't understand love but gets treated like the bad guy because he was honest about his own feelings and I can see why from his perspective why he might not like girls but I am sure he'll open up because of Nanakusa.

I can't believe they got Koyasu Takehito and his son to voice those two drunk characters, I thought I was hearing things when I heard his voice but in the credits it's really him lol. I wonder if they'll be recurring characters or if it was just a one off.

Not sure if anyone else noticed but on the elevator ride up to her room, she doesn't have a reflection in the mirror. that's when I knew she is a vampira

Jul 8, 2022 10:59 PM
May 2021
Nice visual and music.I like the manga I'm glad the adaptation is good so far.
Jul 8, 2022 11:07 PM

Mar 2021
The aesthetics are so catchy.
The feeding time scene was perfect.
Whenever they up the quality it's so fluid.
Danced to the opening!
A new hit is on the rise??
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, we wait for the next episodes

Jul 8, 2022 11:26 PM

May 2022
for some people who think that the main character is going to be useless

click if you don't mind spoiling

Jul 9, 2022 2:29 AM
Sep 2021
Good visual, but that was basically it.
Jul 9, 2022 3:55 AM

Mar 2008
NorthmostIsle said:
Man what do I gotta do to get a Kawaii Vampire Gf who’s willing to trap me in her apartment in order to feast on my blood?

This is probably the most hyped I have ever been for an Anime in a while. This series has such an aesthetic that really appeals to the inner night owl that lurks within all of us. Top quality animation so far. OP didn’t really blow me away but the ED is definitely S tier.

Looking forward to the next episode!

They totally knew what they were doing with these subtitles.

You can’t be serious.... no ... no no no... there is no way I could have missed that...did I miss that? O_o
Jul 9, 2022 7:06 AM

Sep 2017
Kinda cool first ep. Also kinda weird. Esp the vibe when they were in her room. I think homie would have an easier time sleeping if he took his jacket off lmao.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» MCโ€™s Age??

sekaistar - Yesterday

32 by Tsuna-Ryu »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

381 by Nikmomo93 »»
Apr 27, 2:14 PM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

227 by Nikmomo93 »»
Apr 26, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

231 by korsarz »»
Mar 30, 1:31 PM

» Second season confirmed by a reliable leaker.

lucio54 - Mar 10

35 by UnfunnyKing »»
Mar 28, 11:44 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.