Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2022 4:31 PM
Level 1 Otaku

Jan 2018
Holy crap that was amazing. I think EP 1 captured the manga pretty well and, dam the visuals were amazing. I can't wait for more episodes. What did you guys think of EP1? Did it live up the your expectations.

Jul 5, 2022 5:37 AM

Jul 2021
Where you watch it? Its still raw or something
Jul 5, 2022 7:24 AM
Jan 2022
Unicr0ns said:

Probably on anime expo premiere yesterday.
Jul 5, 2022 10:07 AM
Level 1 Otaku

Jan 2018
Unicr0ns said:

MnMm07 said:
Probably on anime expo premiere yesterday.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Jul 7, 2022 9:34 AM

Jul 2017
From the author of Dagashi Kashi, Kotoyama is back to bring us, arguably his breakout series: Yofukashi no Uta a.k.a Call of the Night.

Creepy Nuts helming the OST, it gives the show it's rap and punk style that's both style and substance.

14-year-old Kou Yamori's life is desolate: popular but doesn't know anything about love, and a loner's life of insomnia...that is until he met the "night-walker" Nazuna Nanakusa who's a fan of beer, and helping people resolve their insomnia issues. She does the same for Kou, and manages to get him to sleep so that she can suck his blood...for Nazuna is a vampire.

But Nazuna, try as she might to suck Kou's blood, it was like a mosquito sucking juicy and delicious blood that she can't hide her true self towards him, that what usually works for folklore stories of the same kind, didn't happen here. There is a way though for someone to become a vampire: it's by falling in love with the vampire to become its offspring. And conspicuously, Nazuna easily blushes when talking about love and romance, and as for Kou, he is popular to ever be confessed to, but dull in comparison.

Life's old and boring for Kou, and after meeting Nazuna, this is where he has made his ambition: to be a vampire, to be someone notable in a long while, and falling in love with Nazuna being his goal, something that drives his character out of his lonely spiral. So go on, enjoy the night away Kou Yamori, your life has restarted anew.

Under Vanitas no Carte a.k.a The Case Study of Vanitas's director Tomoyuki Itamura (the director REALLY likes his vampire stuff) and Liden Films' striking production , I can already tell that this will be the sleeper hit of the season.
KANLen09Jul 7, 2022 10:56 AM
Jul 7, 2022 9:35 AM

May 2020
One of the most anticipated series of the season and by all means the most when it comes to a new one. Also wait, LIDENFILMS is that you people? Really? As to be brutally honest it looks so good to be a Lidenfilms project. Those Shaft-ed camera angles, damn.

Main dude seems to be a fairly normal person, he’s quite popular too lol. Though he has a strange hobby, like man you should just sleep at night if you’re a 14 year old instead of roaming away with a cute twintails girl, who you should’ve suspected for every reason. Also Amamiya Sora voicing her just makes it even better. Already fancying this couple.

I’ve listened to this opening several times already, but it's still a banger. So much looking forward to the coming episodes.
Jul 7, 2022 9:35 AM

Nov 2011
I've read manga for this before and this captured the overall general mood of the show. Feels eerie but also lighthearted at the same time.

They picked a really good VA to voice Nazuna imo. Oh and they managed to capture most of the character emotions from this as I had expected. Nazuna captured my attention the most from this episode for her personality.

Really good start imo.
Jul 7, 2022 9:42 AM
Aug 2019
I just watched it on TV, and have to say yeah that was a pretty damn good first episode. Very pretty. Didn't actually read the manga but i kept seeing ads for it everywhere
Jul 7, 2022 10:01 AM

Apr 2018
The amount of trailers and video's I've seen about this anime is legit just too much. Went to buy mangas today and I saw volume 5-7 from it but sadly didn't buy it. Nazuna's character is the one that makes the anime so interesting and her voice actor is just perfect. The main dude is a dull guy but he got his interests and seems like his new goal is to become an vampire together with Nazuna. Opening is a banger! The opening is done by Creepy Nuts. One of my favorite japanese bands.
SideCharacterKalJul 7, 2022 12:56 PM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 7, 2022 10:11 AM
Oct 2020
BocuD said:
I just watched it on TV, and have to say yeah that was a pretty damn good first episode. Very pretty. Didn't actually read the manga but i kept seeing ads for it everywhere

where did u watch it?
Jul 7, 2022 10:18 AM
Nov 2021
They perfectly adapt the manga and I love it
The visuals and the OST are perfect
I was already in love with the manga and the anime didn't disappointed me at all
1000/10 for sure
Jul 7, 2022 10:22 AM

Apr 2014
Was anything censored compared to the manga or did they adapt it completely faithfully?
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Jul 7, 2022 10:26 AM
Nov 2021
AcceleratorAngel said:
Was anything censored compared to the manga or did they adapt it completely faithfully?

No nothing was censored cuz there's nothing lewd actually
Jul 7, 2022 10:55 AM

Feb 2021
Well that was a great first episode, I don't know anything about the manga but I really enjoyed this introduction, the music with the flight at the end there was incredible.
Jul 7, 2022 10:56 AM
Mar 2021
Damn it feels like forever since this got announced but after months of patiently waiting it finally dropped and did not disappoint.

The aesthetic of this Anime is beautiful and Nazuna is already best girl, great Anime.
Jul 7, 2022 11:03 AM

Aug 2012
So is this a bad Monogatari clone... seems meh so far... will give it two more eps
Jul 7, 2022 11:03 AM
Jan 2022
The visuals, especially the sky are perfect with its colorful style. I always imagined the scenes to be dark in the manga.
Jul 7, 2022 11:05 AM

Oct 2017
Good start, the type that gets you hooked right from the begining. I'm gonna like this.
Jul 7, 2022 11:06 AM

Feb 2019
Dude, I’m going to explode: https://imgur.com/a/5J1P2r2

The first episodes we’ve got this week have all just been amazing. Summer 2022 is off to such a great start. This was such a fun and quirky episode. Basically an analogy for youth angst, rebellion and of course insomnia. I love the OST, the art, the premise, nazuna and Ko’s chemistry, etc. I definitely see why this was so hyped.
Jul 7, 2022 11:08 AM
Feb 2021
Everything is SO PERFECT from the art, character design and ESPECIALLY the background. And man Creepy Nuts could not have been a better choice for the Theme Songs.
The vibe that Kotoyama build in the manga is the same as the anime. Nazuna looks better here TBH.
10/10 first episode.
nightcrawlercyp said:
So is this a bad Monogatari clone... seems meh so far... will give it two more eps
Ah yes, the typical “Vampire = Monogatari Clone”
AbelDandeJul 7, 2022 11:11 AM
Jul 7, 2022 11:10 AM
Apr 2022
Teenage vampires my Buffy!
Jul 7, 2022 11:17 AM

Jun 2021
Nanakusa asking why people stay up and if it’s to watch a show and I’m just like “yeah, yours lol”. It’s 2 am where I’m at and I stayed up just to catch this haha. In fact, half the shows this season air pretty late on where I’m at hah.

But anyways, I’m liking this dynamic between Nanakusa and Yamori. They’re both very quirky and off kilter and have good banter. I dig it! This show looks like it’ll be interesting. An aimless insomniac meets a vampire wild child, they’re an odd pair but I’m keen to seeing what kind of trouble these two will get up to. If you gotta fall in love with a vampire to become one, I wonder who it was Nanakusa fell in love with. I look forward to finding out!

Overall, this was a very enjoyable episode. The music, animation, character design, and voice acting are all solid. This one’s a weekly for sure. I’ll have to try to stay up late to catch this one.
Jul 7, 2022 11:18 AM

Oct 2021
first episode was a banger. loved the ost too
Jul 7, 2022 11:19 AM

Jul 2014
Dagashi Kashi but with blood and vampires.

To be honest, I don’t know what to feel after this first episode. Aside from Nazuna and the colorful vibe on certain scenes, the show seems pretty bland. Hopefully the story makes it somehow worthwhile.

I wonder how this show would look life if Shaft adapted it. Looks like something that fits their style.
Jul 7, 2022 11:20 AM
Mar 2020
Haven't experienced such smooth 1st spisode... Started and bam it's already at the end :( Time passed so fast! Humor, graphics, music da bes!

Typical guy moment:
iDre4MJul 7, 2022 11:24 AM
Jul 7, 2022 11:20 AM

Mar 2021
The visuals were absolutely amazing!! This definitely got the adaptation it deserves, so excited to watch the rest of this!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2022 11:23 AM

Sep 2021
Definitely Best OP and ED in the season both are bangers. This was unbeliavable good first chapter and LIDENFILMS actually make a good job. My favourite first episode of this season.
Jul 7, 2022 11:24 AM

Jun 2020
Such a strong start, everything I could have hoped for. Very much looking forward to the rest of the season!

『歌』
◁  ❚❚  ▷
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Jul 7, 2022 11:25 AM

Oct 2014
Absolutely gorgeous.
The art, the music, the “atmosphere”. Everything.
Jul 7, 2022 11:27 AM

Jul 2011
The 2 only downsizes are the,OP&ED, the rest is perfect.
Jul 7, 2022 11:27 AM

Aug 2012
AbelDande said:
Everything is SO PERFECT from the art, character design and ESPECIALLY the background. And man Creepy Nuts could not have been a better choice for the Theme Songs.
The vibe that Kotoyama build in the manga is the same as the anime. Nazuna looks better here TBH.
10/10 first episode.
nightcrawlercyp said:

No. I just though that it tries to give the same vibe with the inner monologues and the still images. And about the vampire... there are two ways to turn someone : by draining all the blood (but is uncertain) or by blood switch (the vampire drinks some of the victim's blood and the victim some of the vampire blood)
Jul 7, 2022 11:28 AM
Nov 2016
Very cool, reminds me of the time I slept during day and was having fun at night. Nothing beats having the streets to yourself.
Jul 7, 2022 11:30 AM

May 2021
Great episode! The OP is really nice! Yamori doesn't get what it means to like someone and rejects a girl who confessed to him. Ever since that, he hasn't been able to sleep properly.
He goes out on his own at night and buys sake at a vending machine but someone sees him...
She knows he can't sleep!
And she offers to help him...
She tells him if you aren't satisfied with your day you can't sleep xD.
'Yeah!'
They go to her place.
She tells him to sleep on the same futon as her very casually lol.
He fakes going to sleep...
But she bites his neck?!!
And is surprised by his good taste. She blames it on a mosquito when he wakes up from his fake sleep.
Seems she is a vampire...
But Yamori isn't a vampire even though he was bitten as it seems that isn't how it works and is just a common misconception.
To her, sucking blood is just eating.
A person can become a vampire by falling in love with one and getting them to drink their blood it seems. Yamori asks a favour of the vampire-to turn him into a vampire! He asks her to let him fall in love with her!
What an amazing first episode!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 7, 2022 11:31 AM

Nov 2014
Wait, could this thing actually be pretty hyped? I picked it randomly because there are no other interesting seasonals airing on this day. But now I see it's most popular non-sequel of Summer 2022.

Either way... After getting very disappointed with Dagashi Kashi I didn't expect to like something from the same author. And yet this first episode made really good impression on me. Art is obviously nice, but the real winner here is how well it show the atmosphere of night. The girl is pretty good too I guess.
Jul 7, 2022 11:33 AM

Jul 2017
I'm glad I got to see this at night. The music, the atmosphere and visuals with the way the streets were lit, it definitely was a vibe when watching this show and does remind me a little bit about why I love going out at night and doing random things, especially a couple years back when I first joined university. Considering the stressful events I go through during the day, being out at night whether at home or abroad here currently is such an euphoric feeling that makes me feel like I'm the only one out there and a place where I can just be myself without feeling stressed for anything. Whether it's just walking or driving outside around town with the music out loud, or even interacting with people in bars/clubs/pubs and having a good time there, even when I go there alone sometimes.

Regarding how the actual story and cast will be, I'll figure that out with time as the series airs. I may like it, or I may be disappointed in all that. But the aesthetic and vibe was nailed with what the series was seemingly trying to go for and it's worth it to see it at such a late time. Nazuna and Ko's adventures should hopefully deliver over the coming weeks. I'll keep my eye out for whether this series is a promising one or not.
Jul 7, 2022 11:34 AM
Jan 2022
nightcrawlercyp said:
AbelDande said:
10/10 first episode.

No. I just though that it tries to give the same vibe with the inner monologues and the still images. And about the vampire... there are two ways to turn someone : by draining all the blood (but is uncertain) or by blood switch (the vampire drinks some of the victim's blood and the victim some of the vampire blood)

Well it's the director fault if you have a feeling it has Monogatari vibes, because the director is a person who has worked in Monogatari series and he is using the same style for other show.
Jul 7, 2022 11:35 AM

Feb 2015
I don't care what anyone says, but this is vibe ,this is my vibe. love the lust, love the love, love the lights, love the sound, love the character, love the vibe and can relate to the boy feelings. this is easily my pick for anime of the year. chainsaw man ? yeah might need to step down.

love this shit to the core
hope they are consistent with everything till the end of the season
Jul 7, 2022 11:36 AM

Jul 2021
Damn what place is this where vending machines have beer, nobody asks ID or anything, take me there.

And man the night in that city sure is bright.

The character design sure is different, sometimes the characters just look dumb lmao. Not too big of a fan of the character design but they are not that bad.

Animation is pretty good, palette choice is great, all bright colors and stuff.

The comedy was pretty good IMO, the timing was good so it made up for some laughs.

Pretty enjoyable episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 7, 2022 11:38 AM

Aug 2013
Holy cow, it was perfect.
Also, Amamiya Sora as Nanakusa Nazuna :O
I didn't even know that it was directed by Itamura Tomoyuki, but it became rather clear after the first couple of seconds or so. After watching it, I checked who the director was, and I was not surprised at all.
rsc-plJul 7, 2022 11:46 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 7, 2022 11:44 AM

Aug 2019
Holy... This certainly was my most anticipated anime of the season but the 1st ep surpassed my expectations even then. The animation was very pretty and i loved the color scheme. VAs were good and the voice suited their character especially for Nazuna. And, the music was nice as well.
The animes of this season, I've watched so far had not-too-good, not-too-bad starts so this one was kinda like a pleasant surprise.

Jul 7, 2022 11:47 AM
Apr 2021
KANLen09 said:
From the author of Dagashi Kashi, Kotoyama is back to bring us, arguably his breakout series: Yofukashi no Uta a.k.a Call of the Night.

Creepy Nuts helming the OST, it gives the show it's rap and punk style that's both style and substance.

14-year-old Kou Yamori's life is desolate: popular but doesn't know anything about love, and a loner's life of insomnia...that is until he met the "night-walker" Nazuna Nanakusa who's a fan of beer, and helping people resolve their insomnia issues. She does the same for Kou, and manages to get him to sleep so that she can suck his blood...for Nazuna is a vampire.

But Nazuna, try as she might to suck Kou's blood, it was like a mosquito sucking juicy and delicious blood that she can't hide her true self towards him, that what usually works for folklore stories of the same kind, didn't happen here. There is a way though for someone to become a vampire: it's by falling in love with the vampire to become its offspring. And conspicuously, Nazuna easily blushes when talking about love and romance, and as for Kou, he is popular to ever be confessed to, but dull in comparison.

Life's old and boring for Kou, and after meeting Nazuna, this is where he has made his ambition: to be a vampire, to be someone notable in a long while, and falling in love with Nazuna being his goal, something that drives his character out of his lonely spiral. So go on, enjoy the night away Kou Yamori, your life has restarted anew.

Under Vanitas no Carte a.k.a The Case Study of Vanitas's director Tomoyuki Itamura (the director REALLY likes his vampire stuff) and Liden Films' striking production , I can already tell that this will be the sleeper hit of the season.

Sleeper hit? This is literally the biggest new series of the season LMAO
Jul 7, 2022 11:53 AM

Feb 2017
This beautiful, the night, the stars, the color choice and saturation. The tone shift based on the mood/situations. The direction was great!

& Nazuna is .... <3 WOW
Jul 7, 2022 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
Bang!! im so glad i was right to watch this before going to sleep. i love this anime soooo much! this one is already in my ranking collection! love it!! and the anime style is perfect for this anime
removed-userJul 7, 2022 12:09 PM
Jul 7, 2022 11:59 AM

Mar 2020
That was an AMAZING START! Creepy Nuts with probably my favourite OP and ED of the season so far, and I really enjoyed the dark, purple colours. Nazuna and Yamori have such a fun dynamic as well. Loved the Shaft-esque camera angles, and with Tomoyuki Itamura, director of Vanitas and Monogatari, his love for vampires continues to be seen.

I had high expectations, and I'm glad to say this is easily the sleeper hit, but not exactly hidden gem of the season. Along with Yamori, let's enjoy the night away in this wonderful atmosphere!
Jul 7, 2022 12:00 PM

Nov 2021
Amazing 1st episode. The studio translated Kotoyama's style perfectly into the anime. The ost is an absolute banger. Really like the va performances. Looks like this adaptation will do justice to the source material
Jul 7, 2022 12:00 PM

Apr 2022
Vampire words of wisdom.

Jul 7, 2022 12:04 PM
May 2021
OMG DID THE ANIME DO A BANGER JOB AT NAILING THE MANGA'S AESTHETIC!!! From the visuals (colors), voice acting, and soundtrack, everything was so damn spot on. I especially loved the use of different camera angles and close ups of random objects —getting the director of Monogatari on board for this project could not have been a better decision.
XO2HKIMJul 7, 2022 12:09 PM
Jul 7, 2022 12:08 PM
Mar 2022
Unicr0ns said:

watched it on animixplay
Jul 7, 2022 12:10 PM
Apr 2019
nightcrawlercyp said:

that doesn't even make sense lmao, the only similarities between this and monogatari are that one of the characters is a vampire (not even the mc💀) and the direction was kinda shaft-y. does that make every show that has a vampire character in it a monogatari clone?
Jul 7, 2022 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
XO2HKIM said:
OMG DID THE ANIME DO A BANGER JOB AT NAILING THE MANGA'S AESTHETIC!!! From the visuals (colors), voice acting, and soundtrack, everything was so damn spot on. I especially loved the use of different camera angles and close ups of random objects —getting the director of Monogatari on board for this project could not have been a better decision.

you got that right!
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» MC’s Age??

sekaistar - Yesterday

33 by sekaistar »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

381 by Nikmomo93 »»
Apr 27, 2:14 PM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

227 by Nikmomo93 »»
Apr 26, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

231 by korsarz »»
Mar 30, 1:31 PM

» Second season confirmed by a reliable leaker.

lucio54 - Mar 10

35 by UnfunnyKing »»
Mar 28, 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.