Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2010 4:50 PM
Sep 2009
Good episode, Yui and Hinata are starting to grow on me...
Apr 24, 2010 4:57 PM

Oct 2009
Still not impressed. I won't drop it, 'cause it's Key and stuff, but they better add a whole lot of drama if they want this to be good in the end.
Apr 24, 2010 5:04 PM

Jul 2009
Neko-NYA-NYA said:
There are a bunch of hate comments I mean A BUNCH ON YUI! what did she do to you guys ?

So unless she does something to me like gimme a ride or make me a sandwich that I'm allowed to hate her? What kinda seasoning...er, reasoning is that? It tastes horrible!

She only came out and you dislike her o.O

Neko-NYA-NYA...... Absent in ep 3.

give her a chance, maybe she will be a worthwhile chara. you don't know what she could do ?

I don't know about the others but I will give t'is bitch another chance despite already witnessing what she can do since ep 3.... Who knows, maybe I will love her when she freaking dies or something.....

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Apr 24, 2010 5:43 PM
Mar 2010
Am I the only one that wants TK to join GirlsDeMo? Okay, I realize that will never happen but he totally has the cool personality that Iwasawa had..... I can dream right?

I liked this episode, and the conclusion was better than I expected.
Apr 24, 2010 5:47 PM

Jul 2008
i;m wondering right now whether there is a larger plot or what to this series, its entertaining admittedly
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 24, 2010 5:49 PM

May 2009
this episode seemed really fast...but anyway it was an okay episode....baseball like in every anime.. i actually thought he was going to disappear...luckily the new member saved him and hopefully she becomes the new lead singer :P
Apr 24, 2010 6:04 PM

Jul 2008
I thought it was pretty funny. I hope next weeks is more serious though.
Apr 24, 2010 6:04 PM
Jul 2009

^ How the ED picture has been changing.
Apr 24, 2010 6:29 PM

Aug 2008
Eh, not bad.  The baseball games actually were more exciting than I thought they were going to be; who knew that Otonashi could be such a competent pitcher? And putting all the idiots on display on one team was good for some comedy. I have no comments regarding the OP, none.
Apr 24, 2010 6:51 PM

Jan 2008
I liked the last line of the episode, "You two should just disappear already." I thought it was meaningful.
Apr 24, 2010 6:54 PM

Nov 2007
Hm, the opening animation is different but still good. Yui sure reminded me of two To-Love-Ru characters.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 24, 2010 7:10 PM

Jul 2007
im glad hinata didnt disappear ;w;

lol i love yui xDD
Apr 24, 2010 7:21 PM

Mar 2009
hazelnutman said:
Fuck your Yui.

Fuck your Iwasawa.

Fuck all of your favorite characters.

TK is and will always be the best character in this entire show. Search your feelings; you know it to be true.

Michael Rivas is epically awesome as TK no doubt and like I said, he could be the man of moment in the US of A. But there a ton of great Seiyus in Angel Beats, too. However, here's my what the hell moment.. Why the hell do you not have Eri Kitamura (Yui's Seiyu) who also sings fairly well.. sing the opening w/Lia? That would be great. ---- Randy
Apr 24, 2010 7:41 PM

Jul 2008
I tough that Hinata would disapear, glad it didn't go this way but the way the way they made it was lame =/.

Mazui fansub said:
Yui-nyan! <3
Apr 24, 2010 8:01 PM

Feb 2009
They really need to cut down the comedy in this show. It's getting really annoying, and I'd rather see some more character development or more drama.
Apr 24, 2010 8:13 PM

Jan 2010
The OP is still epic even though it's changed in this ep^^
Too much Yui in this ep, she's sorta like a hyper version of Fuuka with a high-pitched voice. Does she sing the OP? Sounds so different when talking lol.
Hinata's backstory isn't as good as Yuri's and Iwasawa's...more drama and action please...not comedy...
Apr 24, 2010 9:14 PM

Dec 2009
"Senpai, itai desu"
rotf!

By the way i think this is the best OP since now ^^
Apr 24, 2010 9:59 PM

Apr 2010
overall it was a fun episode to watch. they just need to add more action. i hope this filler thing doesnt get too repetitive cause they will run out of episodes
Apr 24, 2010 10:11 PM

Dec 2009
If this is the new OP from now on, then respect for making an OP for only two episodes of the series.
If that was just a joke and it goes back to "normal", even more respect for making an OP just for a single episode and Yui!

In my opinion, the original voice sounds nicer in the chorus and Yui's in the verse;
but I like both of them, so lets just settle on -> this <- as a compromise :D
Apr 24, 2010 10:22 PM

Jul 2009
Kind of felt like a filler episode but still enjoyable. Loved TK and Hinata. "Are you ...?" "NO!!" XD
Yui is okay ... I think she's pretty funny.
Hope next week's episode has more "plot" though
Apr 24, 2010 10:27 PM

Mar 2010
Dear gawd.
Somebody, please, tie up Yui & put duck-tape on her mouth.
Or what's better, make her disappear already.

Seriously, how can they remove an awesome female guitar player with a sexy voice & replace her with a annoying twit with the voice of a chipmunk? Bad move I'd say.

She also ruined a perfectly good (and somewhat corny) moment between Hinata & Otanashi, dammit lol.

Kidding aside, I thought this was a very weak episode.
The jokes may be funny the first time, but after the fourth or fifth time around, it gets really old.

I hope the next episode improves~
Bunny-kinsApr 24, 2010 10:35 PM
Apr 24, 2010 10:28 PM

Sep 2009
Episode 4 is a baseball episode. Why does that sound familiar? :/

Anyway, this episode was really weak. The comedy was unfunny, the story was unengaging, the whole thing felt really trite, and much of the humour came across as an absolute failure in self-parody.

Also, they got my hopes up that somebody might try and have a logical conversation with TK. I mean, how hilarious would that have been? His random one-liner non-sequiturs are funny enough as it is.
Apr 24, 2010 10:31 PM

Nov 2007
Weird, I actually thought this ep's comedy was better than the previous eps. Less Haruhi-styled, more Gintama-styled, which can only be a good thing. That isn't to say it was ALL funny, or even THAT funny... but Angel Beats isn't really about the humour. (Or they shouldn't try to make it that way, at least.)
Apr 24, 2010 10:32 PM

Aug 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:

Yup. Happened in Clannad, xxxHolic, Samurai Champloo and I remember this one girl in Pokemon they kept meeting with a baseball obsession....

Oh yeah, that other show had one as well...cause it was totally ripping off that right?
Apr 24, 2010 11:48 PM

Apr 2010
Airyaxe said:
I liked the last line of the episode, "You two should just disappear already." I thought it was meaningful.

Lol. What a nice sympathetic leader eh?

Apr 25, 2010 12:03 AM

Oct 2009
Battlesheep said:
If this is the new OP from now on, then respect for making an OP for only two episodes of the series.
If that was just a joke and it goes back to "normal", even more respect for making an OP just for a single episode and Yui!

In my opinion, the original voice sounds nicer in the chorus and Yui's in the verse;
but I like both of them, so lets just settle on -> this <- as a compromise :D
In my opinion I can't wait to see Yuri and Tenshi special OP...I hope those will be amazing.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 25, 2010 12:52 AM
Nov 2008
garfield15 said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:

Yup. Happened in Clannad, xxxHolic, Samurai Champloo and I remember this one girl in Pokemon they kept meeting with a baseball obsession....

Oh yeah, that other show had one as well...cause it was totally ripping off that right?

Dr slump had a baseball episode as well.
Apr 25, 2010 1:07 AM

Jan 2010
Apr 25, 2010 1:19 AM
Jul 2018
Man I thought Hinata was a goner. Loved this OP waaay more than the previous piano one, except for the Yui overload. I don't dislike Yui, though. Probably because she gets beaten and rejected a lot despite her loli-ness. And Shiina's one weird cutie. She's my second favorite next to Iwasawa <3
Apr 25, 2010 2:42 AM

Feb 2008
Entertaining episode. Can't get enough of Yui-nyan.
Apr 25, 2010 2:44 AM
Jul 2008
Lol, the girl with the broom was awesome, playing baseball with it on her! Not sure what will go from now on, but it seems like this anime is trying to get everyone to disappear...
Apr 25, 2010 2:50 AM

Oct 2009
Quickfox said:
Lol, the girl with the broom was awesome, playing baseball with it on her! Not sure what will go from now on, but it seems like this anime is trying to get everyone to disappear...
Well I guess Hinata's disappearance was avoided but there is still the missing how he died thing so why would they skip that condition for him to dissapear when clearly it was not shown..........I know why he died from reading it here=> http://subsmith.wordpress.com/2010/04/01/angel-beats-track-zero-chapter-1-a-rocket-for-two/ but that has yet to be shown.....hoping for a nice drama of that part of Hinata......

Apr 25, 2010 3:01 AM

Jul 2009
I like the new Op. It doesn't matter for me which Op that will be used for the next episode, i like them both.
As for this episode, i really enjoyed it. Its comedy part isn't bad imo and we also know some of Hinata past. Although Yui interuption at the end is kinda lame.
Apr 25, 2010 3:05 AM

Jul 2009
Bunny-kins said:
Dear gawd.
Somebody, please, tie up Yui & put duck-tape on her mouth.
Or what's better, make her disappear already.

Seriously, how can they remove an awesome female guitar player with a sexy voice & replace her with a annoying twit with the voice of a chipmunk? Bad move I'd say.

She also ruined a perfectly good (and somewhat corny) moment between Hinata & Otanashi, dammit lol.

She may be annoying but somehow i entertained with her stupidity & overacting attitude.The fact that Hinata giving her submission when she try to act cute (Yui-nyan~) or she getting little annoying amuses me.It's rare to see a guy beat down a cute girl as opposed girl always beat down guy when he doing something stupid in most anime.
Shiina is a weirdo with her broom balancing training xD
Apr 25, 2010 3:14 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Quickfox said:
Well I guess Hinata's disappearance was avoided but there is still the missing how he died thing so why would they skip that condition for him to dissapear when clearly it was not shown..........I know why he died from reading it here=> http://subsmith.wordpress.com/2010/04/01/angel-beats-track-zero-chapter-1-a-rocket-for-two/ but that has yet to be shown.....hoping for a nice drama of that part of Hinata......

I think it was shown already. In my opinion the root of problem that caused him died is because he failed to catch the ball, you know because he

If only, he could catch that ball, he won't feel depressed and won't use drugs. You see that's the root that caused him died (because he failed to catch the ball). If he catch the ball in the end of this episode, his regret will be gone and he will feel satisfy and because of that "poof" he disappear.
RegulusApr 25, 2010 3:30 AM
Apr 25, 2010 3:55 AM

Jun 2009
Nephtys said:
If only, he could catch that ball, he won't feel depressed and won't use drugs. You see that's the root that caused him died (because he failed to catch the ball). If he catch the ball in the end of this episode, his regret will be gone and he will feel satisfy and because of that "poof" he disappear.

Yeah, i agree, but i still have one question. How will Hinata 'dissapear' now? They rather won't be playing baseball for the second time...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 25, 2010 4:19 AM

Feb 2010
Good episode but it felt like filler. 4/5
Apr 25, 2010 4:40 AM

Jul 2009
OrochiPL said:

Yeah, i agree, but i still have one question. How will Hinata 'dissapear' now? They rather won't be playing baseball for the second time...

Yeah, it's really lame if they make an episode with baseball again.
But, i think he won't disappear, afterall he is

He's too valuable for the plot imo.

Well, everything can be happened. All we can do is just wait and see what will be happened in the end.
Apr 25, 2010 5:36 AM

Sep 2007
I loved Yui, but seriously...an other filler kind episode with only some minimal plot at the end, and having the same jokes repeat again and again in the first half? You are disappointing me Meada Jun.

But I admitt, broomstick was cool.
Apr 25, 2010 5:47 AM
Mar 2010
Otonashi and Noda fighting was good^^
Apr 25, 2010 5:47 AM

Oct 2009
I finally got it! Yui NYAN NYAN!=>

Nephtys said:
francismeunier said:
Quickfox said:

I think it was shown already. In my opinion the root of problem that caused him died is because he failed to catch the ball, you know because he

Well no it was not done.....we did not see him remember exactly how he died.....the drugs were just there because of the stupid guy who gave him some to boost his performance? Could it have been steroids in pill form? Depression? Yeah it was there but only because he was negatively talked about in failing to catch that ball that could have made his team win that game. His death cause might not have been at all because of all this....it is not clear then. The proof is the last thing he was supposed to do to be freed from being in this world....yes?
OrochiPL said:
Nephtys said:

Interesting you mention this but since he was saved maybe it was a good show of what can be done to save people from disappearing....
francismeunierApr 25, 2010 5:52 AM

Apr 25, 2010 6:28 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Well no it was not done.....we did not see him remember exactly how he died

Now this is funny, you said you knew why he died, yet now it seems you didn't know how he died.
francismeunier said:
[I know why he died from reading it here=> http://subsmith.wordpress.com/2010/04/01/angel-beats-track-zero-chapter-1-a-rocket-for-two/

did you really read the site that you gave to us?, in there.It's clearly implied that he remembered exactly how he died

Also, about the drug. If you watch again and read the sub, you should know that his senpai said that the pills he gave to him will calm his nerves. You know, some drug that calm nerves makes your reflexes slow, it reasonable enough imo to assume that after he take that drugs,
RegulusApr 25, 2010 6:46 AM
Apr 25, 2010 6:28 AM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:

SUPERIOR!
Apr 25, 2010 6:31 AM

Feb 2009
^we have a winner..
Apr 25, 2010 6:46 AM

Apr 2009
Someones always gpt a complaint about something. I for one thought the episode was great and Yui is great to have around as well. Some from the episode discussion want constant drama. I dont know about anyone else but these are kids in the show. If their existance evolved around constant drama and people disappearing, that would be a pretty sad existance. I like TK too but Im kind of hoping he disappears soon so people stop bashing other characters. TK isnt the main star of the story - sorry
Apr 25, 2010 6:50 AM

Oct 2009
Maximatum99 said:
francismeunier said:

SUPERIOR!
ROFL! Oh silly you....you just changed the size of it.....I did like that because my teacher suggested that size in the first place to make it less in file size....yours is 2mb while mine is only around 500kbs and oh yeah you made it less frames so she is faster......I like it better in slow mode.....it looks just better to me....now for a avatar of this...forget.....I don't it will fit good in the 100 x 125. Impressed you made a GIF like me....who taught you?
Nephtys said:
francismeunier said:
Well no it was not done.....we did not see him remember exactly how he died

Now this is funny, you said you knew why he died, yet now it seems you didn't know how he died.
francismeunier said:
[I know why he died from reading it here=> http://subsmith.wordpress.com/2010/04/01/angel-beats-track-zero-chapter-1-a-rocket-for-two/

did you really read the site that you gave to us?, in there.It's clearly implied that he remembered exactly how he died

Ok yes it does but the anime version is taking a different approach than the translation of the work is.....
Nephtys said:
Also, about the drug. If you watch again and read the sub, you should know that his senpai said that the pills he gave to him will calm his nerves. You know, some drug that calm nerves makes your reflexes slow, it reasonable enough imo to assume that after he take that drugs,
Oh ok now I remember better......all I can say is that the tranquilizers are addictive.....right? Could they also have side effects like depression?

Apr 25, 2010 6:54 AM

Sep 2007
td31 said:
Some from the episode discussion want constant drama.

No, we don't want drama, what we want is a plot. I personally don't mind that Hinata didn't disappear, cos he is a nice character, but 3/4 of the episode was spent on the joke how he is not popular at all, or how he fights with Yui. So what about the plot? What about God? What about actually doing something about their situation?

I swear it's Sora no Woto all over again: a promising 13 episode series, where only the last 2 episodes will have some plot in it, which will be a bit confusing at first, since all the story will be packed into 40 minutes.
Apr 25, 2010 7:01 AM

Aug 2009
francis said:
ROFL! Oh silly you....you just changed the size of it.....I did like that because my teacher suggested that size in the first place to make it less in file size....yours is 2mb while mine is only around 500kbs and oh yeah you made it less frames so she is faster......I like it better in slow mode.....it looks just better to me....now for a avatar of this...forget.....I don't it will fit good in the 100 x 125. Impressed you made a GIF like me....who taught you?

JUST SIZE? FRANCIS? JUST CHANGED THE SIZE? >_____>;;

Comparison of your shitty gif and maximatum's
- no blurring blurs like yours
- smooth and faster animation flow
- high resolution than yours
- your gif in-between interval is so inconsistant
- size comparison 2000kb vs 500kb, but Maximatum's one is 100times better than yours.

I mean... what program you use to make all these gifs?... :/ If you are going to say that you manually screenshot everything and don't know how to use adobe flash and photoshop, there are 0.000000000000000000000675% that your gif ain't falco.
Apr 25, 2010 7:16 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:

Ok yes it does but the anime version is taking a different approach than the translation of the work is.....

Maybe, i only read the page that you gave me, so i don't know it's true or not. But i think the anime version is good enough in showing us about Hinata's regret and the condition that will make him disappear.

francismeunier said:
Oh ok now I remember better......all I can say is that the tranquilizers are addictive.....right? Could they also have side effects like depression?

some tranquilizers are addictive? true. About they have side effects like depression or not? i don't know. I have limited knowledge in medical. I only know that when you want to get rid your dependance from drugs, sometimes you can get depression in the proses.
RegulusApr 25, 2010 9:17 AM
Apr 25, 2010 7:32 AM

Aug 2009
ringoo4 said:

I mean... what program you use to make all these gifs?... :/ If you are going to say that you manually screenshot everything and don't know how to use adobe flash and photoshop, there are 0.000000000000000000000675% that your gif ain't falco.

Ha...DRRR jokes.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

677 by copypasterCPS »»
May 13, 11:31 AM

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.