Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 25, 2022 10:27 AM

May 2020
I don't have enough time to watch fate zero and ubw but i wanna get into fate
So would I be able to understand this without watching fate zero and ubw as they're different routes
Also if i enjoy this i plan to watch the others

Jun 25, 2022 10:32 AM

Jun 2016
The films assume familiarity with the other routes so they condense a lot of the early parts.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jun 25, 2022 10:35 AM
Jun 2021
Homura24 said:
So would I be able to understand this without watching fate zero and ubw as they're different routes

The start of it i quite rushed as it assumes you have already seen ubw, as both have the same start
Jun 25, 2022 10:37 AM
Oct 2021
I think you should start with UBW then Heaven's Feel and then Fate Zero. I think this is the best way to experience Fate Stay Night. Then jump onto any other Fate
Jun 25, 2022 10:38 AM

May 2021
nah you'll get confused af. Start with fate zero, then unlimited blade works then this. and fate zero isn't different route it comes before all routes
Jul 2021
You will not be able to fully understand it as there are many scenes in Zero amd UBW which you should watch before watching heaven's feel

Oct 2019
Technically is better for you to watch HF without watching FZ (Because it will spoil a lot of stuff otherwise)
However, the movie condenses some parts of the story (Due to time constriction and also because it assumes you know a lot of information from the get go)
So probably is better to watch UBW first and then HF. Also the game forces you to play in a specific order so the movies encourage you to do the same thing to have the full picture to attain maximum clarity and entertainment.
RandomGuyScottJun 25, 2022 10:42 AM
Oct 2021
Homura24 said:

This is intended to watch after Ubw. Ufotable skipped the details already explained in ubw. So you should watch ubw first for best experience.
Zero is a "non-canon"prequel but imo it is the best.
Jun 25, 2022 10:39 AM

Jan 2017
Homura24 said:

... Then you can't...

Fate (And even all of the Nasuverse) isn't what we can call a small series , and you'll have to spend quite a lot of time if you want to experience it. (Especially since Zero > UBW > HF is already a shortcut cutting the original scenario adapted in the 2006 Anime)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jun 25, 2022 10:40 AM
Apr 2021
Homura24 said:

long answer:
you dont need to watch fate/zero to understand Heaven's Feel but u need to watch ubw to understand it. This isn't because ubw and Heaven's Feel are connected, they are still 2 separate routes, but the beginning of the two routes are similar, however, that beginning is only shown in ubw, it is briefly recapped in Heaven's Feel over i guess what you would call the opening theme, but that isn't enough to know what happens. Heaven's Feel was adapted to skip stuff that you are assumed to know from watching ubw so that they could fit the whole route into just 3 movies.

short answer:
you have to watch unlimited blade works before Heaven's Feel, but you can watch fate zero whenever you want.

hopefully that helps!
Jun 25, 2022 10:43 AM

Jan 2021
Fate UBW is an alternate route, not Zero. Zero is the prequel to all three alternatives. That said, Heaven's Feel is absolutely not meant to be seen without atleast one of the other two routes first (Fate, UBW).
Jun 25, 2022 10:47 AM
Mar 2021
why are you making 'watching anime' a task???
you need to enjoy the shit not force yourself to watch it
if you really wanted to get into it, you'd rather have watched it while taking your time
and you said you don't got time for it, bro you've literally watched a shit ton of anime
Jun 25, 2022 10:49 AM
Jul 2020
Absolutely not. This is the single worst place to start. You will have no idea what’s going on.
Jun 25, 2022 10:53 AM
Dec 2021
if you don't have time then don't watch fate bro. Btw if you have any time (lol) Watch UBW then HF then ZERO
Jun 25, 2022 11:01 AM

Jul 2014
Homura24 said:

Go for it lad xD sometimes hectic watching order is the best lol
Jun 25, 2022 11:05 AM

Oct 2020
if you're crazy, then go for it. if not then go do s/n deen then but watching fate makes you insane anyway

☁
Jun 25, 2022 11:10 AM
Mar 2021
Homura24 said:

U can but u won’t understand almost anything since it builds on pre-existing knowledge
Jun 25, 2022 11:12 AM
Jul 2021
Homura24 said:

No don't start with this as you won't understand what is going on.
There are two ways of watching fate
(1)Stay night<Unlimited blade works<heavens feel<zero
(2)zero<stay night<unlimited blade works<heavens feel
Watching it either way is fine and is up to you which way do you prefer.
Watching zero first makes the series less mysterious but at the same time making it more understandable whereas watching zero in the last makes more mysterious but it may lead to confusion so it's up to you which way you prefer.
Jun 25, 2022 11:18 AM
Jan 2021
I think this is the weakest route, well at least the anime. I started with Zero, and it is my favourite. I’d say watch Zero if nothing else.
Jun 25, 2022 11:34 AM

Nov 2021
Homura24 said:

Na bro, it skips some of the first moment which u have to know before entering in hf, like conversation between archer and lancer and lancer going for shirou, they will not explain much in this cause they have already explained it in stay night and ubw, zero is prequel so its the last after 3 routes, so watch it from scratch, 2006 - Ubw - hf - zero.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jun 25, 2022 11:40 AM
Oct 2020
Probably not such a good idea.
I would recommend
Fate Zero
Fate Unlimited Blade Works
Fate Heavens’s Feel Movies:
-Presage Flower
-Lost Butterfly
-Spring Song
Fate Stay Night (2006) Optional
Fate Apocrypha
Fate Grand Order:
-First Order
-DROTRT:C
-Absolute Demonic F B
-Final Sigularity
-Moonlight L
There are others but like I dont really wanna watch that stuff.
Jun 25, 2022 11:58 AM
May 2017
I will recommend not, but oh well, it doesn't matter anyway.

Just keep watching, and eventually you would have already fallen too deep in this madness known as fate.
Jun 25, 2022 11:58 AM
Jun 2021
ok technically you can watch heavens feel first but you have to watch ep 1 of ubw bc hf skips over it (after that ep is where the routes diverge and hf starts).

however, it isn’t recommended because a lot of the stuff that happens assumes that you have already watched all of the main fate timeline. you will be very very confused. just watch the series it’s worth it trust
Jun 25, 2022 12:17 PM
Mar 2021
Homura24 said:

Just read the VN it’s only like 400 hours but don’t start with this route no matter what it’s maybe the most confusing I suggest starting with den stay night then ubw then zero then heavens feel
Jun 25, 2022 12:44 PM
Feb 2021
No, you won’t understand anything
Jun 25, 2022 1:21 PM
Oct 2021
Homura24 said:

start with Fate/Zero than UBW than Heaven's Feel
Jun 25, 2022 1:27 PM

Jan 2021
Nah dont do that. Either start with Zero or Ubw (I recommend Zero).
Its not that big a series if you compare it with naruto, bleach, one piece, Gintama or heck even Haikyuu or Bnha. Zero and UBW combined are only 50 episodes. Watch the movies afterwards.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jun 25, 2022 2:11 PM
Dec 2021
Homura24 said:

Unless you wanna play the Fate/Stay Night visual novel, the 2006 one is crap
Jun 25, 2022 2:15 PM
Jul 2019
fsn 2006 is the only true best way to start
Jun 25, 2022 3:05 PM
Oct 2020
Homura24 said:

No you have to watch UBW.

Zero is meant to be watched after this anyway.

Heavens Feel explains nothing about the setup because UBW already does that for you.

UBW -> Heavens Feel -> Zero

That’s it
Jun 25, 2022 3:21 PM

Jan 2021
BigBIgfood said:
Homura24 said:

Just read the VN it’s only like 400 hours but don’t start with this route no matter what it’s maybe the most confusing I suggest starting with den stay night then ubw then zero then heavens feel

its 60 hours and compared to other vns thats absolutely nothing
Read the visual novel nerd
Jun 25, 2022 3:48 PM
Mar 2022
Homura24 said:

𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš πš’πš•πš• πšŒπšŽπš›πšπšŠπš’πš—πš•πš’ πšŽπš—πš“πš˜πš’ πš’πš, πš‹πšžπš 𝙸'𝚍 πš™πš›πšŽπšπšŽπš› πšœπšπšŠπš›πšπš’πš—πš πš πš’πšπš‘ πš„π™±πš†, πšπš‘πšŽπš— πš‰πšŽπš›πš˜ πšŠπš—πš πš’πš— πšπš‘πšŽ πšŽπš—πš π™·πšŽπšŠπšŸπšŽπš—'𝚜 π™΅πšŽπšŽπš•, πšŠπš•πšœπš˜ πš’πš 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšŽπš—πš πšžπš™ πšŽπš—πš“πš˜πš’πš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽπš– πšŠπš•πš• πšŠπš—πš πš πšŠπš—πš πšœπš˜πš–πšŽ πš–πš˜πš›πšŽ πšŒπš˜πš—πšπšŽπš—πš πšπš‘πšŽπš— πšπš‘πšŽπš›πšŽπšœ π™΅πšŠπšπšŽ/π™Άπš›πšŠπš—πš π™Ύπš›πšπšŽπš›, πš‹πšžπš πšπš‘πš’πšœ πš˜πš—πšŽ πš πš’πš•πš• πšπšŠπš”πšŽ 𝚊 πš πš‘πš’πš•πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš πšŠπšπšŒπš‘.
Jun 25, 2022 4:16 PM
Apr 2021
Short awnser: No.

Long awnser (spoilers): No, you will be very confused, because the movies tell the story of an alternative time line for that you need at least a bit of background knowledge to be able to fully enjoy it.
Jun 25, 2022 4:29 PM

Feb 2020
Absolutely not. You can go ahead and try watching it, but you'll be super confused. If you don't have time to watch other Fate animes, you might as well not bother entirely. Don't skip straight to Heaven's Feel. It was the final route in the visual novel for a reason.
Jun 25, 2022 4:30 PM
Jun 2020
I would recommend to have knowledge from Stay Night 2006 and Ufotable's Unlimited Blade Works, Some bits of information are kind of important imo
Jun 25, 2022 5:05 PM
Jan 2017
Homura24 said:

Regarding that you don't have much time and your intention isn't to dive into the fate franchise: sure, why not? People here say that you won't understand a thing or something else and, honestly, it's highly possible. The thing is, intentionally and originally, HF is the third route from the FSN VN from 2004 thus, is highly recommended that you would start from fate (saber)--> ubw (Rin)--> hf (Sakura). Chronologically, story wise, all of them starts at the same spot so you could start from it but, the thing is, they establishes concepts and developments that are interesting to get for character building (and "to feel" which one you seize the most) and setting acknowledge. In the three movies you would be able to understand certain characters that, initially, you wouldn't do usually and that's okay, I guess. Just because it "wasn't meant" to start by it doesn't mean you shouldn't it. I started by broadcast order and, sometime after I decided to go for the novel. I watched all fate's out there and, I'll be honest, if you go for a title in the franchise and you want to continue after it, the first one that you watched is the one which might get the very first impression when you start a next one - it becomes your referential for the series and you may predict things by it.

So, finally, giving you an straight answer: you can start by it still, it will be linear and you might have a "dull" impression from FSN due the rush in the movies trying to compress a 20-40 hours game in more or less 4-5 hours.
PS: nevertheless, you'll be impressed by ufotable animation and the soundtrack is great. I guarantee that, in technical matters, you will like πŸ‘πŸ»
Jun 25, 2022 6:41 PM
Jan 2021
No. The movie assumes you’ve seen one of the alternate routes already and doesn’t explain the rules of a holy grail war and doesn’t flesh out the characters like in UBW.
Jun 25, 2022 6:41 PM
Jan 2021
sonu711 said:
nah you'll get confused af. Start with fate zero, then unlimited blade works then this. and fate zero isn't different route it comes before all routes

This ^^^ I loved experiencing fate for the first time in this order
Jun 25, 2022 10:06 PM

Jul 2021
BigBIgfood said:
Homura24 said:

400hrs?? lmao it's only 60hrs if you follow the main story, which for some perspective is like 20hrs shorter than Naruto. i get it's a meme but still no need to be misleading
-- art-house/psychological/stylish/philosophical anime enjoyer with yuri bias and the attention span of a smol-antlered creature --
Jun 25, 2022 10:08 PM
May 2021
sonu711 said:
Zero is loosely canon to Stay Night. Should be watched after Stay Night.
pepreJun 25, 2022 11:05 PM
Jun 25, 2022 10:30 PM
Oct 2019
You won't understand anything
Jun 26, 2022 2:29 AM
Jan 2017
Do Not start with this, the movie goes pretty fast with the intro for Fate basics. Fate Zero first, then either UBW, Stay Night(not) or Heavens feel. I would go Heavens Feel last.

But I went UBW->StayNight->FateZero->Game->HeavensFeel

Heck you can even watch Fate/Zero last since it spoils some important parts in Heavens Feel, and some slightly minor parts for UBW. You can just think of Fate/Zero as a prequel even though it came out first.
JirehhhhhJun 26, 2022 2:39 AM
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Jun 26, 2022 3:20 AM

Jan 2017
drac_megaballs said:
πš’πš 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšŽπš—πš πšžπš™ πšŽπš—πš“πš˜πš’πš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽπš– πšŠπš•πš• πšŠπš—πš πš πšŠπš—πš πšœπš˜πš–πšŽ πš–πš˜πš›πšŽ πšŒπš˜πš—πšπšŽπš—πš πšπš‘πšŽπš— πšπš‘πšŽπš›πšŽπšœ π™΅πšŠπšπšŽ/π™Άπš›πšŠπš—πš π™Ύπš›πšπšŽπš›, πš‹πšžπš πšπš‘πš’πšœ πš˜πš—πšŽ πš πš’πš•πš• πšπšŠπš”πšŽ 𝚊 πš πš‘πš’πš•πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš πšŠπšπšŒπš‘.

Well , in Animes , Grand Order is "only" 16 hours , while the Main Story of Fate is equal to 38 hours...
So it isn't that long in comparison.

Jirehhhhh said:
You can just think of Fate/Zero as a prequel even though it came out first.

It's not that you can think of it as a Prequel , IT IS a Prequel.
It came out first only for the Animes (for financial reasons) , but it came out 2 whole years after the original Visual Novel that contained the 3 Routes of Stay Night.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jun 26, 2022 9:04 AM
Feb 2022
SparCy said:
Homura24 said:

The start of it i quite rushed as it assumes you have already seen ubw, as both have the same start

bruhh its more like og fate stay night
Jun 26, 2022 9:06 AM

Aug 2017
You don't even need to watch ubw for this (no idea why people above are saying u need ubw for this lol), just watch fate/zero and continue here. Fate/Zero is the prequel to all routes (ubw, hf and fate)
NurguburuJun 26, 2022 9:22 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 26, 2022 2:47 PM
Apr 2021
I Will say it the way i wanted Someone to explain me b4 i got Into fate,
the stay night, the ubw and the 3 movies are all diferent aproaches to the same story, you have the same characters but the author makes them choose diferent things so the show goes Into 3 diferent ending (preety much like a game)
I would say stay night is skipable if you dont have time, ubw its cool and the 3 movies are a bit rushed in some parts but have amazing animation.
but fate 0? Fate 0 is a 100% must watch in my opinion its like a prequel of what happened in the first story and its amazing.
Jun 28, 2022 2:39 AM

Mar 2020
Homura24 said:

No, you cannot start here. There's a reason most versions of the vn force you to play the routes in the order of Fate, UBW and then Heavens Feel. Starting anywhere but either the vn will mean you will be confused to a degree, but if you insist on only watching the anime then the Deen adaptation of the Fate route or the ufotable adaptation of UBW are the least bad places to start.

More topics from this board

» Is it even rape?

SwagsOnB - Sep 1, 2023

33 by Bolona07 »»
Apr 29, 10:22 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirhcnil - Oct 14, 2017

500 by TheFelipex »»
Apr 16, 4:43 PM

» Just casual discussion

Animo_san - Oct 4, 2023

10 by Rezete_01 »»
Oct 7, 2023 6:52 AM

» Is it ok to watch Fate/Zero and then this trilogy? ( 1 2 )

nbnt - May 22, 2022

86 by pepre »»
May 24, 2022 4:05 PM

» So confused

_txhsin__ - Apr 10, 2022

19 by Stacias »»
May 11, 2022 4:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.