Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 21, 2022 12:46 PM

Jun 2020
hi everyone, some backstory about me, i moved out when i was 18 from abusive parents. im 19 and living on my own now. unfortunately chose the most expensive place 2 live (nyc) thinking my lifestyle would change living on my own. i have had periods of time with and without a job, currently with, but i think im going to go full on hiki again. to those who have somehow not killed themselves yet, how do u financially sustain yourselves? are ur parents still sticking with u or do u have other sources of support?
hik1komoriApr 21, 2022 12:49 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 24, 2022 8:20 PM

Sep 2018
Sorry to hear about your story. I know “I hope things get better” seems like an empty phrase, but I do mean it.

I still live with my parents, so most of my expenses are still covered. I will receive money from them occasionally. Soon I want to start taking art commissions to make extra money.
May 9, 2022 1:36 PM

Jul 2013
Yeah... my mother still gives me an allowance. At age 30. :sweat:
May 10, 2022 5:16 AM

Mar 2008
That's what welfare is for. You can get on it via disability for mental health problems if possible. For the rest it's unemployment welfare.
Jun 12, 2022 2:26 AM

Dec 2021
i live with my grandmother so she pays for all my expenses. she gets allowance from the state
when she dies i'll kill myself so i won't have to deal with my parents
i tried to get welfare for mental health problems but my problems are too light for them (even though i objectively can't work)
Jun 12, 2022 2:20 PM

Jul 2013
kaede666 said:
i live with my grandmother so she pays for all my expenses. she gets allowance from the state
when she dies i'll kill myself so i won't have to deal with my parents
i tried to get welfare for mental health problems but my problems are too light for them (even though i objectively can't work)

Word.
Jul 6, 2022 5:53 AM

Mar 2008
I guess at this point it’s safe to assume we don’t have many people with an OnlyFans lol
Jul 9, 2022 2:32 AM
Jun 2019
Do any of you guys work (or used to) at a full-time job? I used to work part-time after graduating school and before entering university, but now even thinking about looking for a job makes me extremely anxious. I guess my social phobia progresses as I grow older.
wr24bJul 9, 2022 3:58 AM
Jul 13, 2022 11:24 AM

Jul 2013
wr24b said:
Do any of you guys work (or used to) at a full-time job? I used to work part-time after graduating school and before entering university, but now even thinking about looking for a job makes me extremely anxious. I guess my social phobia progresses as I grow older.

I've never had a proper job before.
Jul 14, 2022 6:12 PM
Jun 2019
Voki said:
wr24b said:

I've never had a proper job before.

Me neither. I haven't even had a proper part-time job. Shop assistant or fast-food cashier is obviously out of question because I'm really terrible at interacting with people.
Jul 29, 2022 5:40 AM

Nov 2008
wr24b said:

I used to do some odd jobs when I was younger but got burned out and increased anxiety after working in game industry. I get disability pension nowadays and I'm very content with it.
Aug 1, 2022 1:16 PM

Nov 2016
i was in early retirement also but i have to get checked by a doctor once a year to see if i still fit for that money. right now i live from the money i inherited from my father after his death in 2016.
Aug 1, 2022 2:18 PM
Jun 2019
Necronomicon said:
wr24b said:

I used to do some odd jobs when I was younger but got burned out and increased anxiety after working in game industry. I get disability pension nowadays and I'm very content with it.

Well, I live in Eastern Europe, so no pensions or allowance for me, only hopping from one dead-end job to another having to endure constant humiliation along the way.
Dec 27, 2022 6:19 PM

Oct 2014
I work. What a waste of time that is, but been at it for over a year now. Previously used to study, and afterwards, had a year of NEETness while searching for job, and I do loathe having had to do it. Not sure what I'll do in future but it would be very boring to not change anything so at some point I'll find a chance to and will. Honestly if basic universal income ever becomes a thing, I'll halt working instantly. Some people enjoy having work to do, for me it's just burden, I have lots of things to do in my room at home or even outside it that I enjoy more, albeit they don't really bring income. I spend my earnings for my hobbies, living with parents. My wage is so low anyway that it would be impossible to become independent at this moment. At least I justify myself to them this way for now, by not just staying at home constantly. I still would though.
Feb 4, 2023 5:12 PM

Jul 2015
Disability income, however its not enough to live off of entirely especially now in the states.
Feb 7, 2023 10:17 PM

Mar 2008
overlordwaifu said:
Disability income, however its not enough to live off of entirely especially now in the states.

You could get on food stamps too then since on disability income you already qualify.
Mar 9, 2023 4:28 PM
DG9 CEO striker

Aug 2020
I work as a Loader 3 days a week. Kinda happy it's not full time because I've struggled with every full time job before, but yeah the pay is pretty small and the work is hard
9cycle cycle9

Sep 24, 2023 10:39 PM

Apr 2012
I have a full time job now, as a ''chef'', as weird as that sounds. I never thought I'd be one of those people and it's a big difference to when I was active here before. Do I like it? Not really. Passionate? Nah, most definitely not. The wallet is happy but the mind is not. It's so superficial that it makes me sick to the core.

Someone has made me realise my worth, though, and if either way it's superficial and I'm going to hate it, I might try to go back to what I originally studied, architecture and try to be a drafter or something. That way I might even be able to work from home.

The option to just drop everything and go back to welfare is there but, and I hate myself for thinking this, I'm leaving that as a last choice option when everything else fails.
''俺はいつになったら自由になれるんだろう…''
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» How many of you like the outdoors or nature?

traed - Aug 7, 2023

11 by Laniakea- »»
Dec 1, 2023 7:49 AM

» What do you practice and learn?

Butterfly_White - Mar 13, 2023

6 by Otakulover99 »»
Nov 6, 2023 2:35 AM

» How much do you care about your personal hygiene?

removed-user - May 13, 2015

19 by traed »»
Jun 29, 2023 1:11 AM

» Have you chosen your nick?

Heko - Mar 20, 2015

27 by water_my_melons »»
Jun 20, 2023 8:39 PM

» your experiences with suicide?

hik1komori - Aug 19, 2022

11 by Prinzesschen »»
Apr 10, 2023 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.