Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Another is a freakin solid show and just a few steps below to be a masterpiece!!!

Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 17, 2022 11:26 PM

Aug 2021
Putting aside the catastrophic ending and a bit of a problems with the characters I think we all can agree that Another is an amaaaaazing show. It is atmospherically tensed up all around, an Erie feeling that something is wrong, the entire mystery build up and one of the most complicated working supernatural phenomenon that I've ever seen in fiction executed in a genius way. Overall the writing in the show was perfect.
Also I agree that the ending wasn't the best way to pack up everything but I think that problem is solved for ya in the novel. So I want to get opinions of you guys today now that the series is out for like 10 years.

#SupportForKyoAni#
Apr 17, 2022 11:41 PM
Mar 2022
It was supposed to be a Horror anime but instead ended up being a Mystery one.
Apr 17, 2022 11:47 PM
May 2018
Yeah it was a pretty solid anime for a mystery/horror. I havent seen many good horror animes this one was pretty great in comparison.
Apr 18, 2022 12:12 AM
Apr 2022
If compares it with Shiki, Another has it's own twists, great stories
Apr 18, 2022 12:18 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
Avarage horrow show with a generic idea to frighten audience by simple theme: Death, Ghost, Possesion. There're also nothing actually prominent in the storyline and plot, while the dialogue is subpar and poorly-written. In short, this Anime deserves a solid 3/10 from me.
Apr 18, 2022 1:00 AM
Feb 2022
show is really good i like it a lot
Apr 18, 2022 1:04 AM
Feb 2022
I liked the whole mystery of it plus the vibes. The anime artstyle does make the deaths seem goofy though, its horror is subpar.
Apr 18, 2022 1:08 AM
Mar 2022
Its just the discount version of final destination, nothing else. There are a lot of things which don’t make any sense.
Apr 18, 2022 1:43 AM

Aug 2021
kizumi91 said:
Avarage horrow show with a generic idea to frighten audience by simple theme: Death, Ghost, Possesion. There're also nothing actually prominent in the storyline and plot, while the dialogue is subpar and poorly-written. In short, this Anime deserves a solid 3/10 from me.

Well I don't exactly remember seeing Ghost or possesion in the show. And as for the death scenes; except a few all of them happened for some kind of plot significance.(please check your facts before giving opinions)

#SupportForKyoAni#
Apr 18, 2022 1:48 AM
Nov 2021
It can become masterpiece if season 2 become more horrific and mysterious with better animation
Apr 18, 2022 1:53 AM
May 2021
Really liked it, 10/10 for me
Apr 18, 2022 2:13 AM
Mar 2021
it is a masterpiece to me at least, it has the best mystery holding I ever watched in all of fiction
Apr 18, 2022 2:16 AM
Mar 2021
kizumi91 said:

where was the possession part ? ghost part was almost non existent

you probably can't tell difference between a show with a lot of jumpscare and an actual horror
Apr 18, 2022 2:41 AM

Sep 2017
The anime? Bad adaptation.

The novel on the other hand? Really good mystery story.
Apr 18, 2022 2:54 AM
Nov 2021
It is decently far from a masterpiece. In terms of what it's trying to do as a horror anime I'd say it's pretty average, but that's just my opinion. It was interesting initially though my interest dropped as it went on. I might have to rewatch to try to remember and get a better idea on what I think of it but after my first viewing it just made me go "Eh it's okay".
Apr 18, 2022 3:17 AM
Jul 2020
another is a 11/10 broken masterpiece
Apr 18, 2022 3:35 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
Kazou-nozumu689 said:
kizumi91 said:

Well I don't exactly remember seeing Ghost or possesion in the show. And as for the death scenes; except a few all of them happened for some kind of plot significance.(please check your facts before giving opinions)
Khushal_v said:
kizumi91 said:

where was the possession part ? ghost part was almost non existent

you probably can't tell difference between a show with a lot of jumpscare and an actual horror

Thanks for pointing me out, it's been over 6 years since I've watched this Anime and I were a bit wrong when telling the possession part, to be corrected it must be reality warping because

About the ghost part, I don't think I was wrong
Apr 18, 2022 4:01 AM

Oct 2020
it was fine, but nothing really spectacular. i mean comparing it to higurashi or shiki, it really wasn't scary or intense that much
Apr 18, 2022 4:17 AM
Mar 2022
It was the best 5/10 show I watched
Apr 18, 2022 4:22 AM
Mar 2020
Honestly it becoming a mystery is what made me like the show more. If it was just horror it definitely wouldn’t be as high up on my list

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 18, 2022 4:38 AM
Dec 2021
A required must watch, and I hope we'll have an anniversary and then it earns a 2nd Season
Apr 18, 2022 5:33 AM
Jan 2022
Vaclavikoval said:
It was the best 5/10 show I watched

honestly rating it now same it's a solid 5/10 show, fr it's prob the most 5/10 show, you ask me a few years ago I'll give it a 9/10
Apr 18, 2022 5:36 AM
Aug 2021
It's truly a masterpiece.
Apr 18, 2022 5:49 AM
Nov 2021
I don't agree I think it's bad lol
Apr 18, 2022 5:54 AM

Aug 2020
it was my favourite anime, but the more anime I watch this becomes less good over time, I still have it as an 8/10 but it feels much less like a masterpiece and a lot more like a good anime. I don't think the end is as bad as people make it out to be though
Call me Ren
Apr 18, 2022 6:45 AM
Sep 2021
it had the slowest start ever and I almost dropped it, it infuriated me so much. all the death scenes were worth it at the end though, overall I'd rate it a 4/10
Apr 18, 2022 8:09 AM
Feb 2021
kizumi91 said:

come on.... 3/10?
Apr 18, 2022 9:02 AM

Oct 2021
Probably in my top 5 comedy anime. Every episode was fun and enjoyable
Apr 18, 2022 9:20 AM
Dec 2021
I agree honestly. It definitely took a few turn I was not at all expecting which made it a great mystery to try and solve along the way.
Apr 18, 2022 12:33 PM
May 2021
Another is a killed potential. This anime could have been at its best if the story was complete and more detailed. The anime felt like an incomplete story with very less character detailing. But still its thriller centric theme was enough to make it a one time watch.
Apr 18, 2022 2:59 PM
Oct 2020
Shit anime. Not even average. Waste of time
Apr 18, 2022 5:02 PM
May 2021
i mean.... i guess story wise i good but sometimes it just didnt make sense to me, like characters hitting a 15m headshot machine and them struggling aganst the mc that was less than a meter close to him, that just triggered me sooo much
Apr 18, 2022 6:10 PM
Feb 2021
a 6/10 for me, really got me on the edge of my seat from time to time. but this show has been mostly a snooze fest for me. it has its good parts, and that's just it.
Apr 19, 2022 12:49 AM
Feb 2022
I think it's a good anime! No masterpiece but not trash either! The final twist was to obvious to me and it wasn't really horror, it's more like a splatter + mystery anime! I enjoyed watching it though! 7/10 from me!
Apr 21, 2022 2:24 AM
May 2020
I don't remember a single thing about any of the characters, all the deaths felt meaningless and only there for shock-factor and gore.
Apr 22, 2022 12:59 PM

Aug 2021
Moony_Sea said:
“I think we all can agree” We clearly don’t. Have we watched the same show?
Another is full of inconsistencies and plot conveniences.
Misaki could have stopped the whole thing by just saying who the “Another” was, she could have saved lots of people but she decided not to because… plot conveniences. This is a MAYOR flaw, I don’t know how could anyone let it slide.
What about the ex student who hid his tape saying how to get rid of the curse in an abandoned school? How did that make sense? He could have simply passed it forwards to future generations.
Worse than that is how that blonde dull character striped the tape out of the recorder just because. Any other person would have played stop but that wouldn’t work for the story so the authors came up with that idiotic irrational idea totally plot convenient.
And most of the characters were empty shells, the only one I cared for was Izumi.

First of all I would like to thank you for giving a proper basis for your criticism and being analytical in your approach to that. Now let me elaborate on my defense,
Yes, Misaki did knew about the identity of the 'dead one' but keeps it up to herself because she didn't knew what everyone else would do once they'll find about them until they discovered the tape that is and properly learned about what should be done to the ANOTHER person (and I guess it was just an instance later when she is about to reveal it). I don't really view it as some kind of 'Plot convenience' but instead I think of it as a wrong or irrational decision made by a character (it happens a lot in other well written stories I guess). So there you have your major Ehm...... MAYOR flaw solved (subjectively I suppose).
Also about that ex-student not handing the tape directly to the successive class students that's because their memories about anything related to the ANOTHER one alters which he knew would happen eventually so he hid the tape in the school for the students to eventually find it when the time comes before he gets his memories all messed up about the incident(including the tape).
And as for your last opinion; I don't really know what are you trying to call plot convience cause anyone (first time watching) would find that scene totally natural (a little laugh came out of me when that happened though)
As for the characters; yeah I mean I did stated in my opinion that there were some problems with all the characters which one could find totally unnatural (their behaviour at times that is), even I would say that it was one of the very few flaws that remained in this masterpiece which is why at least as for this aspect of things I would say the novel is really supirior to the anime adaptation. So I kinda agree with you on this one but once you said that you cared for izumi I just want to think things over.(that's some.... weird opinion I would say!!??)

Anyways thanks again for giving your opinion and I really didn't meant to offend you in anyway possible cause this is what makes us a community, we can like whatever we want and we can see anything in a unique way. Also please check out the novel once you have time it's freakin awesome.

#SupportForKyoAni#
May 20, 2022 5:20 PM
Mar 2022
yeah it was a pretty solid anime for a horror/mystery.
May 27, 2022 2:06 AM

Feb 2021
It is thé horror anime for me. A must watch for people who say "I watch horror anime".
Too bad the whole mystery was just casually explained in the middle, and the ending was just Final Destination, but nothing beats the uncannyness of the first half of the show. Legit creepy, mysterious and unnerving.

Wish there were more shows like this. I've seen pretty much all of the major sort-like horror anime out there: Higurashi (highly recommended), Shiki, Corpse Party, Elfen Lied, Blood C,... and I'm craving for more.

This is a cartoon site, you clown. Elitism in general is cringe enough already. Let people enjoy stuff.
Reminder to stay hydrated and read Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
Jun 18, 2022 11:41 AM
Jul 2017
The opening song Kyomu Densen is so great. Maybe I rewatch it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.