Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2022 7:34 AM
Feb 2022
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
It's a promising start but god I hate the unnecessary fanservice BS in anime!

You get nearly-insta "face in the boobs" moment + panty-shot of a girl. Don't know about others, but this feels like a slap in the face to people who want to take the show seriously.

I mean, that is clearly a BAIT for people to keep watching, but doesn't it make you feel insulted to some degree? I mean, is the show going to be trash/average and that's why the author uses bait to keep people hooked? I don't see what other reason can there be for such BS.

Well, the panty shot is seriously important... you will know how in ep 2 or 3 maybe...
Apr 16, 2022 8:57 AM
May 2015
hyqura-genetix said:
MANGA READERS SHOULD I WORRY ABOUT THE ADAPTATION? HOW MUCH CONTENT IS REMOVED ?

Only 1 episode has been released, how do you expect us to compare how much content was removed? As far as it goes now episode one is exactly chapter1 of the manga from start to finish.
Apr 16, 2022 10:14 AM
Aug 2021
Fantastic first episode. I know nothing of this series but I really loved the way this first one was presented. Especially in how it showed it wouldn't hold back in being gruesome and crude. I think the confrontation of two completely unrelated supernatural forces clashing is quite entailing in a mystery anime. Made me actually get excited.

The fanservice... as always, a bit dissonant and so overdone that I don't think anyone finds those scenes even funny anymore. I almost lost my eyesight due to the massive rotational force I exerted on my eyeballs as I rolled them to the back of my head with that opening boat scene. I just hope it will not take away from an otherwise promising story.

Animation looked fantastic, characters -while tropey- are sympathetic enough and I think the themes were properly exposed and juxtaposed. Stories about dealing with loss are always a win in my book and if you mix in some mystery and mild supernatural they can only get better.

Really hopeful for this one.
Apr 16, 2022 10:46 AM
Jun 2013
I was wrong. The initial fan service turned me off. But I give it a shot and I am IN. This gives me Higurashi or erased vibes. I'm tempted to read the manga
Apr 16, 2022 10:54 AM
Feb 2022
hyqura-genetix said:
MANGA READERS SHOULD I WORRY ABOUT THE ADAPTATION? HOW MUCH CONTENT IS REMOVED ?

Well, let's do some maths.
Chap1 = 75pages = Ep1, Chap2-139 = 15pages/chap. =>> From now on, I suppose 1ep = 5chaps.
=>> 24×5+1=121chaps, so they have to cut about 18 chaps.
The manga has many long panels and fighting scenes. I think its possible.
Apr 16, 2022 11:01 AM
May 2016
Not gonna lie, I was about to drop this after the boob faceplant and panty shot, but I'm glad I kept watching. I started to suspect Mio was the murderer, but wow did the ending through me for a loop. Looks like this'll be a groundhog day's like show like Re Zero and I'm all for it.
Apr 16, 2022 11:22 AM
Jan 2021
The first episode was a NICE. I’ve never seen the manga so that ending was also surprising to me and the whole concept of clones taking your spots is actually brilliant makes you suspicious of every character shit had me calling everyone a clone. I am definitely hype for this show now along with Spy x Family.
Apr 16, 2022 11:55 AM
Jun 2021
Omg, I really liked the first episode! I like how the anime looks, very nicely done. Super curious for what's coming next!
Apr 16, 2022 1:00 PM

Aug 2008
Looking good so far! What a wild ride this will be, first time I've read a manga before the anime so hope this will live up to my expectations. :)
Apr 16, 2022 1:48 PM
Jan 2018
It seems like a fusion between Re:Zero and Higurashi. This anime have a LOT of potential.
Apr 16, 2022 2:29 PM

Jul 2021
Amazing first episode, I think this is the best start out of all non-sequel shows this season. Aesthetically pleasing, and the mistery part already got me hooked. Interestingly enough, if this works somewhat similarly to Re:zero it would seem his current checkpoint is already past Ushio's death.
Apr 16, 2022 2:48 PM
Mar 2021
Stellar timing at the end there, it caught me off guard real good. I'm a sucker for the time travel stuff.
Apr 16, 2022 3:31 PM

Sep 2018
I'm so glad I went into this completely blind, stories like this are always best enjoyed with a healthy dose of shock value. Really digging the visuals and soundscape so far as well.
Apr 16, 2022 5:03 PM
Apr 2022
This anime seems to be one of the more interesting ones for this season looking forward to how the story progresses.

Quality and sound is also well put together as well hopefully they won't be dropping that any time soon.
Apr 16, 2022 5:33 PM

Jan 2020
This episode was pretty good. It kinda felt like a bit too much happened in an episode, but from what I've seen from people saying that it was perfectly adapted, I hope that it's just because this episode was the set up for the series. Looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 16, 2022 6:06 PM
May 2020
I am honesty shocked with the ending, wagwan
Apr 16, 2022 10:23 PM

Aug 2020
This episode is so interesting. The ending was indeed perfect to hype up the viewers. The mystery intrigues me. Now he's back to rezero again

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 17, 2022 4:18 AM
Apr 2017
This feels like a Higurashi x Tokyo Revengers crossover, reaaally good first episode
Apr 17, 2022 7:54 AM

Dec 2014
Very promising, great setup, great atmosphere building. Very excited, has a lot of potential.

I got a lot of Higurashi vibes when the old man was explaining the legend with the disease and the God.

Can't wait for more.
Apr 17, 2022 8:18 AM

Feb 2021
InfinityDude88 said:
What an amazing start to what is sure to be one of the best anime of the year. I read the manga just before it finished and have been anticipating this greatly so getting to see the mystery unfold again with such beautiful animation is a complete treat. It is a little upsetting that this show will ultimately be overlooked by most people thanks to the ridiculous Disney jail and the wealth of hype shows this season, but at the very least those of us that do watch are in for a bloody amazing time. My only other concern is that the series does not end up being rushed to completion, though this first episode seemed to keep up a steady pace so hopefully things won't go downhill later on.

can you pls tell me what’s disney jail is ? idk much about this term lol is it referring to censorship or something
bam
Apr 17, 2022 8:27 AM

Dec 2013
N2OBLUe said:

can you pls tell me what’s disney jail is ? idk much about this term lol is it referring to censorship or something

disney has streaming rights, but aren't airing it yet. so to legally watch outside of japan, you have to wait until disney hits the button, which they haven't said when they will do.
Apr 17, 2022 8:50 AM

Feb 2021
thedryness said:
N2OBLUe said:

disney has streaming rights, but aren't airing it yet. so to legally watch outside of japan, you have to wait until disney hits the button, which they haven't said when they will do.

so it was completely different than i thought, thanks for the info
bam
Apr 17, 2022 9:06 AM

Aug 2018
Modern higurashi, I liked it.
Apr 17, 2022 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
zozo1121 said:
hyqura-genetix said:

Only 1 episode has been released, how do you expect us to compare how much content was removed? As far as it goes now episode one is exactly chapter1 of the manga from start to finish.

my question itself is for very specific group of people if you are not one of them then simply ignore my question. and i did examine if the ep was a one to one adaptation or not after watching the episode so ya people like me exist who tend to see if anime is faithful or not
Apr 17, 2022 10:53 AM
Jul 2021
Stark700 said:
Not going to lie, this was both an interesting and also despairing start. The mood of this episode was eerie and had emotions coming from the cast, particularly Mio.

There's definitely a sense of mystery about the story related to deaths in the past. Shinpei in particular has a strong connection to the story and about a girl named Ushio. Animation quality looks decent so I hope there won't be drops in quality. So far, I see a lot of potential in this show.
this one definitely has potential to be a masterpiece... Bdw not reading the manga though so I'm in the dark here, but the first episode was good enough for me to draw conclusion on it.
Apr 17, 2022 12:32 PM

Feb 2015
I've no idea whats going on but I'm intrested to find out. its been quite a while since I watched a great mystery anime, hope this turns out to be a good one.
Apr 17, 2022 2:02 PM

Mar 2018
This show has so much potential, it has me hooked with this episode.

The shadows- a copy of one's self. I have a few questions stemming from this concept, but I assume they'll be answered in time.

Great OST and animation as well.
Apr 17, 2022 2:15 PM
May 2015
hyqura-genetix said:
zozo1121 said:

my question itself is for very specific group of people if you are not one of them then simply ignore my question. and i did examine if the ep was a one to one adaptation or not after watching the episode so ya people like me exist who tend to see if anime is faithful or not

I read the manga, i just didn't understand why you want to already compare when it only just begun. It will most probably not contain everything from the manga but i am optimistic that it's going to be a good adaptation at this point.
Apr 17, 2022 2:22 PM

Feb 2017
this was great!! soon as the guy started talking abt the shadow sickness it immediately reminded me of higurashi. ending seems to indicate some kind of
as well

im getting my hopes up for a seasonal anime lets hope for my sanity that this doesnt turn out to be a flop

placeholder text
Apr 17, 2022 2:51 PM

Nov 2021
Legit this gives me so much re zero vibes it's unreal.
Apr 17, 2022 5:04 PM

Aug 2008
I loved this first episode so damn much. So tempted to go read the manga... least I know it's completed so it has an ending. But I hate Disney for keeping this locked away for the west... forcing us to use other means.
Apr 17, 2022 6:44 PM

Jul 2012
Great first episode and fuck Disney+.
Apr 17, 2022 7:37 PM

Jan 2013
What a start!
So this is basically re:zero? Can't wait for more episodes man, this left me hyped.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 17, 2022 8:13 PM
Feb 2022
that was a hooker for a first ep ! it's solid i like it! not really familiar with the manga but HOPE IT STAYS CONSISTENT in quality and story 🌺
Apr 17, 2022 8:18 PM
Feb 2022
Meimi132 said:
I loved this first episode so damn much. So tempted to go read the manga... least I know it's completed so it has an ending. But I hate Disney for keeping this locked away for the west... forcing us to use other means.

yeah, netflix jail has already pissed me off, and now we have disney jail. It's so sad, man.
Apr 17, 2022 8:46 PM

Oct 2013
Recently finished Dark on Netflix so seeing how this show has a (possibly) similar premise has me excited for yet another

Apr 18, 2022 11:28 AM

May 2018
Wow, I didn't expect this is a time loop anime, which is one of my favorite thing. Interesting and surprising first episode. I'm confused to what is happening with the shadows, and why he is actually looping when he dies.

Apr 18, 2022 11:44 AM
Jul 2020
Keren sekali ini anime, apalagi dapat 25 episode. Semoga konsisten, sumpah keren!!!

Apr 18, 2022 12:02 PM

Jun 2016
Nice, time looping and unnecessary fanservice again, so fun haha so fun very nice

This anime is a walking cliche from the characters to the scenes and everything. I hope it changes in the next episodes but I doubt it
Apr 18, 2022 12:22 PM

Apr 2018
That was an intense episode.

Looking forward to this one.
Apr 18, 2022 2:53 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I was a decent bit late to this, the day it came out I was too tired to watch it and this has been my first free day to check it out lol, and wow, so far with this first episode I’m already liking it.

I’m already liking the horror and mystery elements here, as well as the setting, for me it takes me back to good ol Higurashi, and I know a lot of folks are gonna think Re:Zero, but because I haven’t seen that I’m gonna compare it more to Higurashi lol, as well as Steins;Gate. There’s definitely something really good here, the end of the episode after all the buildup was proof of that, although it happened kinda fast with already getting thrown into the loop where the show started, I think it was a great way to kick things off, also getting to start with a face full of booba is nice lol, definitely liking the bits of fanservice here.

I think I’m gonna really enjoy this, whether it ends up being a rushed adaptation or not, the mystery and horror fan in me is hooked, I’m already very interested and I can’t wait for the next episode. Also that OP was nice, cool visuals and great song, and I also loved that ED, I’m pretty sure that was irl footage (unless it’s just that well animated lol) and the song was very good, definitely a unique ED.
Apr 18, 2022 3:02 PM

Apr 2021
Arwake said:
hyqura-genetix said:

13 volumes of manga got put into 24 episodes anime. I suspect that at least some part will get cut, if not some story beat might feel rushed.
reading the manga, i don't think cutting would be possible. Because there's nothing extra in the manga. 139 chapters may look a lot for 25 episodes but the chapters are quite shorter than normal.
Apr 18, 2022 3:15 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Naki_671 said:
Also, persona 3 in the OP

I thought this too, man of culture lol
Apr 18, 2022 4:17 PM

Mar 2019
Well well well, there couldn't have been a better checkpoint than that could it?
Apr 18, 2022 5:56 PM
Oct 2019
Started off strong, so excited to see where it goes. With the time loops it's giving me hope of being as good as ERASED.
Apr 18, 2022 10:31 PM

Jul 2019
Oh yeah, we're going back to the loops. How often a peaceful independent island that sparkles in the middle of the summer becomes a haven for otherworldly forces? Quite often.

Shinpei didn't have time to collect himself how he immediately got into a labyrinth of family ties and ancient legends, and all this under the sauce of quiet sadness for a departed helpmate. On the one hand, it is a pity that the first acquaintance ended in several cold-blooded murders and on the other hand, it immediately becomes clear that the time for games is over and there is only a struggle for survival ahead.

While the setup is not espeially unique I'm sold on the following episodes as all the characters so far are lively and humanesque and the drama shown is very appropriate and understandable.
Apr 19, 2022 10:12 AM

Jun 2020
Well, I loved the first episode. This feels like a great mix of mystery and supernatural - both genres that are right up my alley. But man, I don't want to get Tokyo Revenger-ed again, where the first 2 episodes set up a great premise, only to leave all that and turn the rest of the show into your average run-of-the-mill story. So I am going to keep my expectations low and see how this unfolds.
Apr 20, 2022 12:10 AM

Dec 2019
The fanservice sticks out a little bit but not enough to ruin the entire series. A fraction of a second of panties isn't exactly a dealbreaker for me. As much as I really would love to gush over the first episode - direction, sound design, animation were all impeccable - I've been burned before by series like this. Gakkou Gurashi and Mayoiga both had really standout openers only to get bogged down in BS before they could truly take off. But I have hope.
Apr 20, 2022 8:24 AM

Sep 2007
Alright a introduction episode which distills information on the mystery that hangs over the island until this violent final scene which shows us a doppelganger then a time leap. First impression someone takes on the appearance of others using some technology perhaps. In any case, it makes you want to discover the end of the story.
Apr 20, 2022 9:01 AM
Nov 2020
i didnt know what i was expecting from this but when i saw that he returned to the boob scene i was happy. uhuu i love erased so i might like this one, lets see if it lives to the expectancy
FastFire37Apr 20, 2022 9:04 AM
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

472 by UltraMonkeyX »»
May 7, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2022

144 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2022

193 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 12:41 PM

» [Spoilers] So how did Ushio get... ?

SabreDrago - Sep 23, 2022

25 by Cyrose »»
Apr 23, 7:09 AM

» Ushiro and Shinpei

janayoo - Apr 5

10 by aniart_nation »»
Apr 10, 5:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.