Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Mar 7, 2022 5:34 AM
Jan 2016
I love this eps, even though almost no action at all, Titan fight, etc. The main theme is discussion, talk, yeah a simple task that sooo many people knowadays forget about it. As simple as talk, we can melt a cold and awkward situation become a heart-warming situation. We can know what others are thought about the situation, we can discussing the solution... We always think "Talk Less Do More" is the best option, but not in every situation...and thank you Jean for beating Reiner, he deserve it...
Mar 7, 2022 5:50 AM

Sep 2020
SparkleDuck said:
niko_sb said:
I'm still a bit confused, maybe because real life stuff burning my head and I forgot some explanations, like why is Eren doing that tho

But okay, this is a good episode.
They are keeping it for the finale, right?
the rest of the world is going to genocide all of paradise island through fire bombing if Eren didn't do the rumbling.

Manga clarified this but the anime cut it, I guess to try and make him look worse.

Oh I see. Thanks m8
Mar 7, 2022 6:28 AM

Feb 2014
Now this was the most the most tense campfire scenes I've ever seen. The hostility between both sides were very apparent with the constant remarks from one to the other, all while Hange was cooking up a tasty looking stew.

At least Jean and the others now know what happened to Marco on that fateful day and, while Reiner was reflecting on his inner conflict during that moment, I can't really blame Jean from going totally berserk with rage and beat the literal shit out of him before the other intervened, with Gabi taking a kick to the gut by accident. I do admire how she and Falco begged Jean for forgiveness, which was enough for him to stop his rampage.

Also, we can't forget about the daydream that Jean had at the beginning, which showed what looked like Mikasa holding up his daughter. Maybe his ideal dream will come true, who knows.

However, it seems that the most talked about thing in this episode what the overall directing and production values (only a day after My Dress Up Darling had that same question aimed at by viewers who're overly exaggerating the "quality drop" of its 9th episode). I guess both sides do have a point here, where the artistic direction was pretty nice, although the animations were the smoothest where there was movement and the episode was more reliant on still shots, which is something some fans venomously hate with a vengeance.

I don't think it's as bad as other make it out to be, but it could've been done better, too. either way, I still enjoyed this tense episode, which gives me the "calm before the storm" vibes going into the next episode.
Mar 7, 2022 6:50 AM

Nov 2019
This episode is full of hypocrisy. Fuck Gabi she should have perished long before

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Mar 7, 2022 8:44 AM
May 2018
How is the AVENGERS going to stop/kill Eren? with the power of bad writing?! LOL
Mar 7, 2022 8:49 AM

Feb 2021
Friendship. This is a shounen, don't forget.
Mar 7, 2022 9:23 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I think it's the first time in a long time ive felt underwhelmed by an episode of it.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 7, 2022 10:58 AM
Dec 2016
The ending is getting more and more annoying and worrisome.

Instead of helping Eren, these idiots want to betray him and help the Marleyans who basically want a holocaust, invade their land and kill all of them.

It just doesn't make sense

I pray Eren in the end wins. Even if I doubt so :(
Mar 7, 2022 11:00 AM
Dec 2016
Marleyans: " Help us kill Eren"

What no one asked: "What will you do after We'll have betrayed Eren and killed him ?"

Maleyans: "We'll kill all of you on Paradis Island and will torture the rest of you for the end of time threating you worse than animals"

The whole story ending is getting more and more garbage IMO

So now Gabi is the hero?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!? Seriousely WTF !!!

FU*K GABI ! KILL HER ALREADY AND ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BETRAY EREN !!!
Mar 7, 2022 11:00 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
Hanji logic is dumb she is clearly not fit to be a commander, she can't present any alternative to Erens plan other than we should all get along nonsense.
Alliance shouldn't exist it doesn't make any sense for Armin, Mikasa and Jean to betray Eldia and join the enemy faction.
If Marley had an upper hand and situation was reversed I'm sure that Riner, Gabi and Annie wouldn't try to stop them from exterminating Eldia.
This entire episode reeks of hypocrisy.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Mar 7, 2022 11:05 AM
Dec 2016
Helltaker said:
Hanji logic is dumb she is clearly not fit to be a commander, she can't present any alternative to Erens plan other than we should all get along nonsense.
Alliance shouldn't exist it doesn't make any sense for Armin, Mikasa and Jean to betray Eldia and join the enemy faction.
If Marley had an upper hand and situation was reversed I'm sure that Riner, Gabi and Annie wouldn't try to stop them from exterminating Eldia.

I absolutely agree, These retards backstabbers want to help Marleyans kill their friend and leader Eren, so what is gonna happen after they kill him ? Marleyans will kill ALL of Eldians. So basically what they are saying is Let's help our enemy kill our leader so that then they will kill us all.
WTF really :(
Mar 7, 2022 11:07 AM
Dec 2016
revzy said:
This episode is full of hypocrisy. Fuck Gabi she should have perished long before

I know right ?
So now Gabi is the Hero ?!?!? WTF ?!?!? It's an insult to us loyal fans, and to spit on us these idiots will now help the Marleyans kill Eren so that they can kill all of Eldians in the end. WTF seriousely :(
Mar 7, 2022 11:08 AM
May 2013
Helltaker said:
Hanji logic is dumb she is clearly not fit to be a commander

She never wanted to be the commander in the first place. She laments this in S4P1. But the job was left in her stead. She's only doing what she can and trying to keep the peace. There's not much more she can do.
Mar 7, 2022 12:00 PM
Nov 2019
Excellent episode. Loved everything regarding Jean here. The dream he had in the beginning and him pretending not to hear Hange really makes it feel like a part of him would like to just stop fighting and settle down. The scene where Reiner reveals what happened to Marco was great too, Jean really tried to keep it together until he couldn't.
Mar 7, 2022 12:31 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Vindicater said:
joy_swifty said:
Jean was really like the best main character of all. He has become shining just a few episodes so far. I thought Eren would come back. At least for his family-friends' sake.

He has always shined.

He is the king.

Agree. He's always been the best rounded, most level headed of all the characters on that squad.

One bit I disliked in the manga and I hated now was seeing how little responsibility the Marleyan general took. Kids showed much more humility and self reflection than he did with his "you opressed us for so long" attitude, even now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 7, 2022 12:44 PM

Jan 2021
Jean waking up Reiner with "Rise and shine" is by far my favorite moment of the season
Mar 7, 2022 12:47 PM
Jul 2015
I just want this to end. My interest in the anime really keeps dropping since the 4th season. Don't get me wrong, I ain't saying it's bad, far from it. But I just keep loosing interest. I just want this to end.
Mar 7, 2022 1:11 PM

Sep 2014
Chapter 127 of the manga that this episode is adapting, was one of the few alliance chapters that was decent. Even so it is significantly weaker than before.

People start complaining about still shots and bad direction as if any episodes in this season or the last were different. It's just that the source material had a significant dip in quality, which means the script can't carry Mappa's mediocre adaptation any more.
Mar 7, 2022 4:08 PM

May 2015
This is definitely one of the best episodes of this season, although admittedly polarizing for a lot of people.

I mean, it's a long-ass dialogue episode with them just sitting aroud a campfire. Are they really expecting overly animated mouth cycles and rotoscoped body language on this one? Because if I remember correctly, the last time that they did exactly just that in the last season's episode 2, they freakin' hated it.

Hiroshi Hamasaki's perfectly timed cuts and atmospheric changes in his storyboard work suit this episode very well for its intention. This episode might've shown us "less" but it was able to emphasize the tension more than just showing them talk and cut from one person to another like what a "normal" anime dialogue does. Even if it's a "slideshow" as what others might claim, it never felt lazy or stilted.

I prefer the direction this one took than recycling flashbacks to get the point across.

While I can see that the story is getting worse, my expectations were already low to begin with. A lot of things didn't make sense about this alliance but we all know how thisends. We'll just have to see it through the end.
ZnraMar 7, 2022 4:12 PM

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Mar 7, 2022 4:29 PM

Mar 2015
sammymahesh said:
pasanoid said:
no, I'm not kidding, this is boring filler stuff
You don't even know what filler means. Lol.
don't I, huh. this whole talking around the campfire episode wasn't a part of original content, meaning the manga. this was added by anime studio to stretch the season. but yeah you are so smart and Im so stupid
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Mar 7, 2022 5:17 PM
Jun 2020
pasanoid said:
sammymahesh said:
don't I, huh. this whole talking around the campfire episode wasn't a part of original content, meaning the manga. this was added by anime studio to stretch the season. but yeah you are so smart and Im so stupid
Tge
pasanoid said:
sammymahesh said:
I don't know if you're baiting and trolling. But if you're trolling then good one bro. xD

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 7, 2022 5:19 PM

Jun 2020
This episode really progressed slowly and the gathering of the group commenced

It felt really slow but somehow fast It ended in an instant when the to be continued screen appeared, Seems like drama is there as always but glad that they've all came down to a peaceful remark.
Mar 7, 2022 5:20 PM

Jul 2012
pasanoid said:
sammymahesh said:

Except it's not. The episode is a clear confrontation of ideals, pointing out the good, the bad, the hypocrisies, the pragmatism and anything that makes this group of enemy factions come together to ultimately decide that it may be better to stop Eren in whichever way they are capable of.

And yeah, it is just like that in the manga as well. You should turn off your "shounen battle" brain for a bit and consider what it's being talked about in this episode. It's slow, but it IS significant.
Mar 7, 2022 5:27 PM

Jul 2012
SparkleDuck said:
niko_sb said:
I'm still a bit confused, maybe because real life stuff burning my head and I forgot some explanations, like why is Eren doing that tho

But okay, this is a good episode.
They are keeping it for the finale, right?
the rest of the world is going to genocide all of paradise island through fire bombing if Eren didn't do the rumbling.

Manga clarified this but the anime cut it, I guess to try and make him look worse.

No, it wasn't cut, rewatch episode 5 and 6, Willy says it loud and clear as he declared war on Paradis with the rest of the world, which is what trigger Eren to start his killing spree. Some of his lines during the discourse got shortened, but that was about it.
Mar 7, 2022 8:35 PM
May 2021
Jean MVP my man jean beat the shit out of Reiner scene was so good.
Mar 7, 2022 9:18 PM

Sep 2011
This season isn't doing it for me, ngl. Maybe because I read the manga, but compared to season 3 part 2 and season 4 part 1, this is really underwhelming.
Add onto the fact that Mikasa's character has just gotten somehow even more 1 dimensional and boring where every line she utters is about Eren; I'm never actually that invested in the series as I used to be.
Mar 7, 2022 9:38 PM

Mar 2014
Great symbolism that they had this talk in the forest, just like Sasha's dad said they had to escape from. A horrible cycle of hate and revenge that will never end unless someone takes the hard path of forgiveness.
Mar 8, 2022 1:13 AM

Jan 2020
mightypai said:
Helltaker said:

I absolutely agree, These retards backstabbers want to help Marleyans kill their friend and leader Eren, so what is gonna happen after they kill him ? Marleyans will kill ALL of Eldians. So basically what they are saying is Let's help our enemy kill our leader so that then they will kill us all.
WTF really :(

I don't know if we're watching the same show, but Eren was never their leader. No one ever saw Eren as above them, they were all members/players of the same team. While their plan is solid and comes with the risk that Marley might turn their backs on them and stab Eldians in the back, it's still better than omnicide. No one wants a freedom at such a price. I guess this also depends on your views and morals as a person, but this is at least what Hange is trying to convey. She and the rest of her team could die, the conflict might not end, but they will not live alone in their "free" world. They can also feed Eren to anyone and control the rumbling without destroying the world.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Mar 8, 2022 2:05 AM
Jul 2018
The tree is beautiful, i want more tree. I think there's a reason why they show that. Maybe each tree symbolize something ?. This show has very deep meaning damn im looking forward for more tree !!!
Mar 8, 2022 2:17 AM

Sep 2021
This episode was pretty good compared to the previous one. We get to see the tension within the alliance, something ep 8 failed to properly convey. Brain dead people complaining about fuckin trees and heavy dialogue should stay away from this anime.
Mar 8, 2022 2:44 AM

Mar 2015
Danpmss said:
pasanoid said:

Except it's not. The episode is a clear confrontation of ideals, pointing out the good, the bad, the hypocrisies, the pragmatism and anything that makes this group of enemy factions come together to ultimately decide that it may be better to stop Eren in whichever way they are capable of.

And yeah, it is just like that in the manga as well. You should turn off your "shounen battle" brain for a bit and consider what it's being talked about in this episode. It's slow, but it IS significant.
yeah, sure, very significant. as significant as your significant opinion
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Mar 8, 2022 3:03 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I was wondering what all the fuss was about with everyone talking about trees and branches. Now I finally get it lol. But come on now, maybe they were doing it for the imagery, the branches without leaves being dead and all. Anyways, I didn't mind it at all, BUT it did remind me of the fireplace-censoring from Redo of Healer LOL

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 8, 2022 4:23 PM
Jun 2020
Jean steals the spotlight of this episode. Makes me think how great his character development is. From a spoiled boy to this chad. I like that they highlighted how soft he is to children. first flaco, now gabi..
Mar 8, 2022 4:42 PM
Jul 2018
I already felt bad for Jean in the manga. Now, seeing it animated, it's even worse. Also Jean always cover his hears, when he feels done and overwhelmed. That gesture is just so... sympathetic. I dunno.

And lol Hange is right. They are already like a family.
Everybody argues and gets in a fight.
One person just wants to break up the fights by cooking awkwardly somewhere on the sidelines and wants them to eat.
And another person just wanted to sleep but couldn't, because they are fighting.

That's the family life that is relatable. xD
removed-userMar 8, 2022 4:47 PM
Mar 8, 2022 6:20 PM

May 2021
I really liked the idea of using Jean as a way of presenting opposing situations to evidence a way to go and a moral, I didnt like at all anything else from the episode lmao the dialogues are too stupid

Mar 9, 2022 3:28 AM

Jul 2015
Go jean Go jean Gooo I like the part where he argued with magath
Mar 9, 2022 3:35 AM

Apr 2021
It was a really interesting episode......even in the Manga it was good.....former enemies eat food around a camp fire together...they then go on to sort their differences. Yelena kept adding fuel to the fire by reminding them of all the deeds they'd done in the past. It must also have been painful for Jean, when he came to know the truth. But well in the end they've finally set aside all that and decided to stop Eren
As for the next episode it's gonna be real good and full of action!!!
Mar 9, 2022 6:54 AM

Jul 2012
pasanoid said:
Danpmss said:

yeah, sure, very significant. as significant as your significant opinion

Wow, amazing argument skills!
Mar 9, 2022 10:04 AM

Dec 2015
I waited so long to see this animated and i'm so happyyyyy
Mar 10, 2022 6:34 AM

Apr 2020
Aah this episode was so hard that it feels so uncomfortable. Yeah they are now together after a tough argument, and in any way they will handle it, it still feels wrong that they're now going to come together for a mission to STOP EREN.

And yeah Hange is a vibe, still being funny amidst all the tension, but I'm still kinda thrown off this episode. Maybe its because of the discount animation, or how the characters talked it out, but yeah it's still hard inside to watch. Now that they must handle that paranoid Floch, I guess death is still coming for our characters.
Mar 10, 2022 7:54 AM
Apr 2019
At this point I'm starting to wonder how does economy works for paradis. I would like anyone explaining how this little Island surrounded with walls and titans outside with others plotting against them like they're some sort of no no Germany.
Mar 10, 2022 7:08 PM
Jul 2018
They were once enemies and now they're eating together.

Ehee
Mar 11, 2022 5:41 AM
May 2021
in my opinion a pretty decent episode

I'm really looking forward to see who are the traitors
Mar 11, 2022 7:51 PM

Aug 2018
The situation here was...complicated.
Good chapter. One thing, the static shots...why? it looks kind of weird but ok. And another thing, Hange all the time with the stew xD
Mar 13, 2022 5:20 AM

May 2015
I WANT TO EAT HANGE STEW!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 13, 2022 11:09 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Well; what a bunch of lovely, peaceful people.
Mar 13, 2022 1:18 PM

May 2016
Direction didn't hit its target with those shots, kind of a failure attempt, though all said story wise, it was great. heavily Jean focused and those punches were well deserved, also liked how Reiner called himself worthless.
Mar 14, 2022 6:44 AM

Oct 2010
Genocide is wrong but marleyans killing eldians is what then? Hange is the worst scouts commander in the history of Paradis. And it's hilarious how the traitors are attacking verbally the ones they wanna be their allies, then make Mia and Ben grovel and ask for assistance (typical marley tactics, well, they are uneducated animals, they know shit about honor or morals).
Still, Reiner could have used the bert card but even he had the decency, I didn't expect that from a half marley animal scum.
Like I said when the manga was running, there are always people against you, no matter who you are, their reasons are simple minded and stupid but they are their personal reasons so we can't do much about it.
Anyways, Mikasa awesome as always
Mar 14, 2022 8:20 AM
Feb 2022
Connys a evil bastard
Mar 15, 2022 10:13 PM

Jan 2021
that magath guy is a hypocrite.. like killing thousands of eldians is good and its for justice but when they fight back its bad and they are devils..
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 9, 2022

451 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 9, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

» Falco said something in episode 1 of part 1 which I didn't get the reference of

_karan_123 - Feb 9, 2022

27 by manish_2 »»
Mar 28, 7:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.