Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 13, 2022 3:48 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at around 00:15 JST This thread is now unlocked

Concerning spoilers: Please do not confirm a theory someone has or give hints about something that happens later on. Not everyone wants their theories confirmed or denied. If you want to do so, add a spoiler to your post and I mean the entire part where you confirm or deny a theory. If you bring arguments from past episodes, you don't have to add spoiler tags. Continuously spoiling future events in an anime can be seen as trolling and can result in a warning or a ban.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.

Head up! A new season of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba has been confirmed!
anime-primeFeb 13, 2022 7:10 AM
Feb 13, 2022 7:11 AM

Jun 2019
Well, here we are, with the end of the Entertainment District Arc and closing in with some interesting things. First of all, felt bad for Gyutaro and Daki, and seeing their bond with each other was quite sad to see. OST was really beautiful there. Little Ume was adorable. Gyutaro is a god big brother. Nezuko and the boys are safe and so is Uzui.

Got to see Akaza, my boy. Well, what else is there to say about this season, the animation is just too good. The story was alright. Not anything groundbreaking but if you're an action junkie and do not think too much about it, you're gonna enjoy it.

Season 3 has been confirmed.

https://twitter.com/kimetsu_off/status/1492876465851056135
Feb 13, 2022 7:12 AM

May 2020
Well thankfully it got resolved finally, and all thanks to Nezuko everyone’s now fine and all. Got a bit of Daki and Gyutaro’s past too, and man that was brutal. Can really sympathise with those siblings. But well we got our upper moon two, Douma making an appearance too. With his cool demeanour as ever, and yes Miyano Mamoru’s the one voicing him, man VA’s in this series are stacked.

So with this the conclusion of season 2 of what once again proved the high calibre of Ufotable. Gonna miss this for sure.
More wild action awaiting us from the next arc onwards, which of course is coming soon.
Feb 13, 2022 7:12 AM

Jan 2009
Nezukos blood demon art works as a cure for demon poison too so they are all saved by her

Doma is here finally the bastard demon

nice backstory about Daki aka Ume and Gyutaro, he collects debt but damn god really hates him and likes to collect on him so he rebel and became evil

no Upper Moon meeting this episode huh
Feb 13, 2022 7:14 AM

May 2012
Truly emotional ending for the upper moons. The story will get even crazer from now on.

10/10 season, flawless.
Feb 13, 2022 7:16 AM

Nov 2011
The amount of pure emotions that went into this episode...damn.

Honestly, I think it was a solid way to conclude the season given that there were able to capture the human emotions after that fight. Plus, we got a Swordsmith Arc announcement! Maybe it will air next year but we don't have concrete info on it yet.

The teaser visual looked dope though.
Feb 13, 2022 7:17 AM

Jan 2015
A good finale.

The siblings’ backstory was tragic, as expected. The highlight for me was a very much awaited character. It’s great to see hin in colors!

Obanai was indees late lol. Everyone survived, Uzui retired as expected and Akaza got called to the infinity fortress!

A 10 out of 10 season of course. Unbelievable production.

Feb 13, 2022 7:19 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
SenbeiPan said:
I hope they fix the bad pacing in the next arc. This season was slow af.

anime-prime said:
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at around 00:15 JST

Also, why did this discussion thread opened so late? The episode ended around 23:45 (JPT)
I don't watch the episodes live in Japan. The TV airing was at 23:15, and the updated episode time was 45 minutes. Since I wasn't sure if that included commercials or not, I over-estimated just in case. I had someone who watched it live tell me when it ended, and then I opened it accordingly to when he told me it had ended. I know the episode leaked early, so perhaps that's what you are referring to, but as far as I am aware, the episode didn't end before 00:00.
Feb 13, 2022 7:20 AM

Nov 2016
Mamoru Miyano is an excellent choice for Doma. The guy knows how to voice a charming psychopath.

The backstory seemed like it was nicely exectuted. Apt for a great emotional finale. Gotta watch it subbed to comfirm, but this season Was already a step up from S1 overall. Enjoyed the heck out of it all the way.

So a solid 9/10 for now.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 2011
Seeing Nezuko burn them was pretty funny. Wonder if her fire can do other things.

Gyutaro and Ume's back story was really sad, but glad they made up in the end.

Also found it a bit hilarious that they were celebrating how they all made it out alive, but then the camera pans out and we see the entire city in shambles which I'm pretty sure a bunch of mob characters died in that final explosion.

Anyways can't wait for the next arc!

Oct 2017
This was a long and satisfying finale. I'm glad my man Uzui is fine. Props to ufo for delivering another well animated season. Next arc anime was announced, looking forward to it.
Feb 13, 2022 7:24 AM

Feb 2021
Bruh that was so meh. They didn't animate the UM meeting ffs. I was honestly hyped for it. Douma looked really good though. Anyway, it was a very unsatisfactory ending to this season for me. Well have to wait for more than a year for the next season to get animated :/

Feb 13, 2022 7:26 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
SenbeiPan said:
anime-prime said:
I don't watch the episodes live in Japan. The TV airing was at 23:15, and the updated episode time was 45 minutes. Since I wasn't sure if that included commercials or not, I over-estimated just in case. I had someone who watched it live tell me when it ended, and then I opened it accordingly to when he told me it had ended. I know the episode leaked early, so perhaps that's what you are referring to, but as far as I am aware, the episode didn't end before 00:00.

I was watching it from the live stream and it ended before 23:52

Sigh, do I have to post my review again?
If you posted it before 00:00, then you probably do. Review rules are different than episode thread rules, but in this case, I believe 00:00 was the cut off review time, but you can ask a review mod for confirmation.
Feb 13, 2022 7:27 AM

Jan 2013
Last episode was so great. I can't wait for the next arc! :))
Feb 13, 2022 7:28 AM

Aug 2019
As predicted, another lazy flashback before death for the bad guys. Yet more lazy writing from Gotege to try and crow bar some late-stage character development and backstory into otherwise forgettable villains.

Nothing much really happened in this episode, aside from the Douma introduction.

We didn't even get the full Upper Moon meeting as some predicted, despite it being an extended episode.

3/5 episode. 4/5 overall for S2. Had some very high moments (Episode 8 and 10) but otherwise a solid, if not spectacular season.
Feb 13, 2022 7:31 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Can't wait to see my favorite Hashira Tokito debut and be great next season :D

As for this episode, I'm VERY disappointed that they didn't show the meeting but oh well, at least they gave that piece of shit Douma the most fitting VA to match his personality in Mamoru Miyano lol

Amazing season once again from Ufotable, and I think that because they just elevated my overall enjoyment of my least favorite arc post season 1, they deserve a 10 from me
Feb 13, 2022 7:32 AM

Oct 2021
Season 3 confirmed and a nice ending, ufotable added more original scenes which were amazing to watch .
Thanks ufotable for presenting such a quality anime production.
Feb 13, 2022 7:33 AM
Oct 2021
Love how we finally got to the true heart of this arc: Daki and Gyutaro siblings! Also why is nobody talking about how cute Nezuko is in this ep? My girl literally saved all their lives (except Zenitsu lmao) in her chibi form! How badass is that? I finally got to see her carry Tanjiro around like she's a damn horse cart :'(

Also also! Animated Douma! Yay! And I don't know why but I always love to see Akaza. I mean that appearance wise. His color scheme and overall design is just so cool tone and it's satisfying... appearance wise.

People always be trying to find faults with this anime but I'm just glad this masterpiece aired. Man! What a show! I do agree it has a pacing issue but with how flashy the fights and the voice acting had been, I just had to give it a perfect score. Just as how much I anticipated this arc, this anime didn't disappoint at all! It even exceeded my expectations what the heck. Can't wait for the next arc!

ONE LAST THING: Why is it only 32 mins long? Did I watch a shortened version? Everybody be saying (and it's even reported) that it's gonna be 45 mins long tho?
Feb 13, 2022 7:41 AM

Jun 2014
Man, I was really hoping to see the meeting in this episode, but it ended on a cliffhanger right before it with Akaza showing up to the Infinity Castle. At least we got to see Doma in Daki/Gyutaro's backstory, and I'm happy one of my favorite VAs is voicing him. Can't wait to see more of him later on. My boy Tengen is now retiring, which sucks because I would have liked to see him contribute to
I also feel like Tengen's breathing forms were under-utilized, we only saw him use 2 for the whole arc. I wish the author would have had him show off more of his forms.

Anyway, those are mostly minor gripes that I had for an overall excellent season. Ufotable blessed us again, and I can't wait to be spoiled by them even more when the next season comes!!!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 13, 2022 7:46 AM

Mar 2013
I really love the part about those crazy flashbacks from the recently killed Demons by Tanjiro and co. This series has been a blast but the battle scenes was so long that I barely saw some of their normal lives which I really love to see, especially the "coin toss girl" that we only saw a glimpse from. I've been waiting for this final episode but I do hope they didn't skipped any materials.

I'm glad to see Nezuko's blood art having that benefits like it was nothing and yes, I've got to something great again.
CrazyButNot4UFeb 13, 2022 7:50 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 13, 2022 7:48 AM

Oct 2021
@erminanime

ONE LAST THING: Why is it only 32 mins long? Did I watch a shortened version? Everybody be saying (and it's even reported) that it's gonna be 45 mins long tho?

Rest easy you are doing good .
45mins includes advertisement also . It’s a TV series so while broadcasting in Japan Tv channel they receive advertisement in between also .
Entertainment arc first episode was also said to be 1hr broadcast but after cancelling the advertisement mins it was 45min .
Feb 13, 2022 7:48 AM

Feb 2021
An ok episode to be honest. Again, the pacing this season was so off.
"Without commitment, we will never start. Without dicipline and consistency, we will never finish."
Feb 13, 2022 7:49 AM
Jan 2021
The story in this ep was probably the best in s2
Put a very strong impact on me
Feb 13, 2022 7:50 AM

Jul 2017
A pretty boring finale with showing the backstory of Daki and Gyutaro which was boring to sit through like with Rui in the first season, the buildup when it comes to characterization was pretty underwhelming to have this backstory have any effect whatsoever. Length of the episode was bit of an overkill, just like episode one of this season. There was one part that I would be adapted that wasn't but that'll happen in the next season I guess which was announced today. This one was pretty boring as a whole and was way, way too dragged out to the point of ufotable's animation being lost for me with how such sleak animation for its action didn't deserve such horrid pacing to go with it, and that faster pace with condensed monologues that are less frequent would make the experience even more intense and exciting imo. It just felt really lacking with all style and no substance with a bad pace to it. So yeah, good visuals but not great directing to take the experience to the next level.

Still enjoyed this more than Jujutsu Kaisen at least.
animejasFeb 13, 2022 8:01 AM
Feb 13, 2022 7:51 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Expected 40-odd minutes of content but got 32 instead. But hey, it’s more than a standard episode so I’ll take it any day. Especially if it’s one of this quality.

Nezuko to the rescue. Honestly, it’s hilarious how Uzui-san couldn’t get those final words out but leave it to Nezuko to do the saving lol. Inosuke seemed to be in pretty bad condition too, he sure fought his heart out.

Tanjirou playing the intermediate role between the siblings’ little quarrel initially rubbed me the wrong way but it was nice to see that the two reconciled in the end. Pretty horrid backstory, that. It sort of makes sense why they harboured such resentment towards the place I suppose, and can’t blame them for becoming demons then given their conditions. Sister tied up and nearly burnt to death, that’s terrible jeez.

Another Hashima but a little too late, for better or worse. Demon Slayer Corps leader suggested something quite interesting though, I wonder what he’s referring to…

Small glimpse into that weird place of Kibutsuji’s. Freakin’ love the 3D usage there. One powerful demon out but who’s that from the backstory I wonder. Miyano Mamoru-san really knows how to play these types of characters with grace.

A very strong 8/10 for me.
_MushiRock11_Feb 13, 2022 10:30 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 13, 2022 7:54 AM

Dec 2020
Decent finale. I am disappointed that they didn't animate
. A ~4/5 episode and overall, an average season. Uzui was the only good character this season.
Anyway, I am excited for the next season. Finally adapting the good parts of the manga.
Feb 13, 2022 7:55 AM

May 2020
Very good episode. Though pretty weird way to end a season with the meeting tease. I would've liked to have it this season but it's fine I guess.
Feb 13, 2022 7:59 AM
Aug 2021
This was an awesome season. The visuals were stunning and OST was pretty decent too. especially episode 10 was marvelous.
ErcoleFeb 13, 2022 8:03 AM
Feb 13, 2022 8:01 AM

Mar 2020
What an awesome conclusion of the Entertainment District Arc. We got to see the flashbacks of Gyutaro and Daki, alongside Nezuko healing others from the poison by using Blood Demon Art. Can't wait to see Season 3 of Demon Slayer!
giromi17Feb 13, 2022 8:14 AM
"You are destined to be who you are."
Feb 13, 2022 8:01 AM

Dec 2020
Yup, this just solidifies my score for this season.
10/10 (well, more like 9.6/10 but rounded off lol)

Excited for what's to come next even though I'm a manga reader.

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Feb 13, 2022 8:03 AM
Oct 2021
[quote=Beexi message=65703982]@erminanime

Rest easy you are doing good .
45mins includes advertisement also . It’s a TV series so while broadcasting in Japan Tv channel they receive advertisement in between also .
Entertainment arc first episode was also said to be 1hr broadcast but after cancelling the advertisement mins it was 45min .

Aaaaaaaa thank you! I was so confused when I watched it 😅
Feb 13, 2022 8:07 AM

Jun 2021
I just knew they both have a plot armor that'll make me cry for sure. Even though they've been defeated, I'd still cheering for them.

What a season Ufotable give us. Peak animation fr. Now we have to wait again for the next season
Ngl but I like the name Ume better
4dyylanFeb 13, 2022 8:54 AM
Feb 13, 2022 8:08 AM
Jan 2022
it's so pretty cool episode I was close to cry if my family was near to me I don't know why they end it fast
Feb 13, 2022 8:11 AM
Aug 2021
No upper moon meeting , predictable af season , solid 7/10, godly animation though , props for the production team
Feb 13, 2022 8:12 AM

Feb 2018
It was perfect. From all voice actors to animators they really did their best to make this manga come to life, I have huge respect to all of them. I can't even imagine how much they all worked, used their personal times to make this show even more perfect. I wish they all are earning the money they worked so much for and have a long break from this madness.
Feb 13, 2022 8:13 AM

May 2009
Episode leaked on few hours earlier. Nice that Mamo is voicing Douma, shame they didn't show Kokushibo.
bastek66Feb 13, 2022 8:24 AM
Feb 13, 2022 8:23 AM
May 2018
douma introduction finally and just as the whole fandom hoped they indeed picked miyano mamoru for him!!! the siblings backstory was indeed very sad it made me even sadder than in the manga. finally got some obanai crumbs good to see my snake boy even for a little and the season as expected ended with akaza being summoned to the castle. And like this my favourite demon slayer arc and my favourite hashira ended and got a great conclusion!!! ill miss uzui in action a lot he definetely carried this arc on his back he was amazing im glad knowing that he at least survives and lives a happy peaceful life. and we we also got season 3 announcement as expected
Feb 13, 2022 8:24 AM
Dec 2020
Honestly, I wanted more out of this last episode, the ending felt unsatisfying. But overall the season was incredible, I just wanted to watch more in this last episode, maybe that's more of a telltale sign as to how good it was, idk.

Top tier, beyond what I expected from ufotable. They've really exceeded themselves.
Feb 13, 2022 8:26 AM

May 2021
Tengen: Am I really going to die without leaving my last words?

Nezuko: *insert cute noises*NOPE

Quite the contrast between Gyuutarou and Daki's relationship and that of Nezuko and Tanjiro. Or so I thought but their backstory says otherwise. This is definitely one of the better demon backstories from KnY. Him getting looked down on constantly explains his annoyance at literally everything very well.

Tanjiro riding on top of Nezuko was pretty wholesome, not gonna lie.

They have also skipped the Upper Moon meeting tho I think that's going to be included in the Swordsmith Village Arc which is now under production.

Overall, nice episode even without that meeting and the last scene at the end in the Infinity Castle definitely has me hyped up for the next season. Stellar job, Ufotable.
RioFSFeb 13, 2022 9:00 AM

Feb 13, 2022 8:26 AM

Mar 2013
I heard this episode was supposed to be 45 minutes, why was it only 32 min 26 seconds?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 13, 2022 8:27 AM

Jul 2017
zaverix said:
I heard this episode was supposed to be 45 minutes, why was it only 32 min 26 seconds?

45 includes advertisements in Japan.
Feb 13, 2022 8:30 AM

Apr 2018
Man, backstories in KnY always hits like a bullet train (to me). Nice ending, it's a shame we dont get the uppermoon meeting, but at least they shows akaza entering infinity castle. And Douma have made his first appearance in the show and he is voiced by miyano mamoru which is a perfect choise, and i bet douma would become one of the most hated character once we enter a certain arc.

Overall a solid 8/10 season, i'll give it a 9/10 bacause i enjoyed it a lot.
Jfs_Feb 13, 2022 8:34 AM
Feb 13, 2022 8:31 AM

Jan 2021
So finally the end of a crazy season. Again the emotions were high and S3 announced.

Thankyou Ufotable.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Feb 13, 2022 8:32 AM

Jul 2017
The aftermath of the whole Entertainment District is in tatters, and the Demon Slayers really suffered a lot on the way to defeating the Upper Moon Six siblings. Good thing that amdst all the injuries and frantic cries, everyone managed to stay alive thanks to Nezuko's fire recovery.

Daki and Gyutaro's Demon Blood Tanjiro collected with the help of Nezuko, but the sight of the siblings bickering is a sad state. Even more so for the siblings' backstory of an upbringing in the lowest treaches of the Entertainment District, despised, dirty and a monster, that only until Ume's arrival that Daki was able to stand out.

BUT...to show the definitive TRUE Upper Six Doma, HE HITS DIFFERENT to give both Ume/Daki and Gyutaro a new lease of life as an Upper Six. If not for all the discrimination, Ume could've lived the life of an Oiran the way that every maiden could've lived and flourished while Gyutaro benefitted from her as a dear sibling. They could've lived together like decent beings, but fate handed down to them the worst kind they'd never wished to happen.

Just like Rengoku, Uzui admits that he's also out of this fight, that Tanjiro will be the next generation of Demon Slayers being potential Hashiras of the future, and the Demon Slayers under Kagaya will have their good omen of revenge against Muzan and his remaining Upper Rank demons.

A perfect finish to the Entertainment District arc...and Season 3: Swordsmith Village Arc is already in production.
Feb 13, 2022 8:32 AM

Feb 2017
imo this season is the weakest, but MAL rating says otherwise, sasuga MAL userbase is something else, it's rude for me to rub the salt but i can't help it.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Feb 13, 2022 8:33 AM
Jul 2020
i said this every week but im gonna say again, kny: yuukaku-hen really change my perspective on kny. kudos. as an anime only, this arc is the best for me. really love it so f much.

the backstory of daki and gyuutarou is so sad. if the villagers didnt treat gyuutarou like this, probably both of them didnt have to suffer like this. i cried watching the backstory.
Feb 13, 2022 8:37 AM

Dec 2010
wonderful finale Loved tiny Nezuko running around

none of these villains are just simple black and white in this series. I could feel some sort of empathy to the 2 siblings.
Feb 13, 2022 8:38 AM
May 2021
deg said:
Nezukos blood demon art works as a cure for demon poison too so they are all saved by her

nice backstory about Daki aka Ume and Gyutaro, he collects debt but damn god really hates him and likes to collect on him so he rebel and became evil

I think that the head of the Demon Slayer poison can be removed by Nezuko's blood demon art.
Feb 13, 2022 8:39 AM

Jan 2009
krish51 said:
deg said:

I think that the head of the Demon Slayer poison can be removed by Nezuko's blood demon art.

nah its not a poison its a sickness and even if its a poison its not demon poison
Feb 13, 2022 8:41 AM

Sep 2011
It was a really good season, I really loved it. I also appreciated to see Gyutaro and Daki's obscure past... for me this is 10/10 :D
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Dec 12, 2021

187 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:21 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2021

267 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

536 by Term4738 »»
Apr 15, 8:02 PM

» Why is Tengen so underrated? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Mar 15

52 by Leon888 »»
Apr 7, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xenocrisi - Jan 16, 2022

263 by NadiaEros »»
Apr 6, 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.