Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 9, 2022 7:01 AM
Feb 2021
its really beautiful.....
Jan 9, 2022 7:38 AM
Aug 2020
...this is gonna be for the feet lovers, isn't it?
Jan 9, 2022 8:12 AM
Sep 2019
Great start to the show, beautiful stunning visuals, with a good plot setup. Excited for the development.
Jan 9, 2022 8:35 AM

Sep 2018
The intention was to watch it, even if synopsis, key visuals and promos did not entice me, but in hindsight, even this Clover Works production really deserves a lot in terms of graphic quality and the narration did not seem stupid to me, but thoughtful and well done. Perhaps the character design does not convince me very much and some graphic details, such as Akebi's house, which looks more like a house than those drawn in fairy tales, but the rest is spectacular as an artistic beauty.
Jan 9, 2022 8:57 AM

Oct 2018
Even in such a stacked season, I feel like this anime has the best animation and art I have seen. Every single frame was beautiful enough to be wallpaper material. I know it is said very often that a show looks so good, every frame looks like a painting, but it might be true in this case.

The story itself was very wholesome as well. Komichi is extremely headstrong and her determination to make friends and random quirky moments are adorable. I am happy that the anime won't be carried by its visuals alone, but will also have nice characters and wholesome interactions. I am genuinely shocked at its score though. I was sure after watching the episode that the score would be above 8 but maybe it didn't grip others like it did me.
Anywy, cannot wait for the next episode.
Jan 9, 2022 8:58 AM

Apr 2009
Pretty but boring as hell
Jan 9, 2022 11:59 AM

Jan 2013
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
Superismaeel said:
For example the butt slap scene, they didn’t need to do that, but they did for some reason, (even though it doesn’t effect the story at all) and I especially find it odd that they’re doing it to a character that we assume is underage.

LMAO is literally the funniest thing about the entire episode, the slap in the butt, that's why it's there, by your logic pratically any scene in the episode didn't need to be included since it doesn't "affect the story", also why you're trying to make the scene looks weird? it's the little sister slapping her older sister out of frustration, it doesn't have any other meaning behind it, what being or not underage has to to do with the scene? lol
The additional meaning behind the scene is the fact that this is framed for an audience, it's not just a private organic moment between sisters. Think about them as if they were real people, could you film the exact same scene, with the older sister lying in bed, posed semi-erotically towards the camera, her shorts riding up her butt, and then have the little sister come in and slap her ass, and then pretend there's nothing remotely sexual about it, even though you purposefully orchestrated the scene to look like this?
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jan 9, 2022 12:32 PM

Jul 2016
The author has a foot fetish, doesn't he/she?

Anyways, lovely start overall. The scene composition in this show is simply fantastic and particularly, I really liked how natural Komichi's first interaction with another classmate felt.

Well, well... another winter season with CloverWorks taking three projects. Tokyo 24-ku's staff is already suffering so I can only hope this one and Dress-Up Darling don't end up sharing the same fate.
Jan 9, 2022 12:42 PM
Nov 2019
I love the manga and was rather worried. But so far they have managed to keep the cuteness and beauty of the manga and that is a great result.
Jan 9, 2022 2:20 PM

Feb 2018
Looks way better than I expected it to, I love the high detail shots, I hope all iconic moments will be in high detail too.
Jan 9, 2022 2:37 PM
Jun 2013
LostSpectre said:
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

LMAO is literally the funniest thing about the entire episode, the slap in the butt, that's why it's there, by your logic pratically any scene in the episode didn't need to be included since it doesn't "affect the story", also why you're trying to make the scene looks weird? it's the little sister slapping her older sister out of frustration, it doesn't have any other meaning behind it, what being or not underage has to to do with the scene? lol
The additional meaning behind the scene is the fact that this is framed for an audience, it's not just a private organic moment between sisters. Think about them as if they were real people, could you film the exact same scene, with the older sister lying in bed, posed semi-erotically towards the camera, her shorts riding up her butt, and then have the little sister come in and slap her ass, and then pretend there's nothing remotely sexual about it, even though you purposefully orchestrated the scene to look like this?

The slap would only mean to be something erotic/suggestive if they showed the little sister slapping in a suggestive angle where you could see the full butt being slapped, which didn't happened, the angle was entirely in the little sister funny and angry face, only the tip of the butt being showed, so the slap happens, and the exaggerated jiggle physics only made even more funny.
Jan 9, 2022 2:55 PM

Jan 2013
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
LostSpectre said:

The slap would only mean to be something erotic/suggestive if they showed the little sister slapping in a suggestive angle where you could see the full butt being slapped, which didn't happened, the angle was entirely in the little sister funny and angry face, only the tip of the butt being showed, so the slap happens, and the exaggerated jiggle physics only made even more funny.
There's just easily a sexual component to it between the posing, state of dress, and the "spank" on her ass, not to mention the shot of her embarrassed reaction. Now, I'm not saying it isn't primarily funny, it certainly is, but that doesn't mean there's literally nothing sexual about it, either. Plus, the ass slap is in full view in the manga, the source material is less coy about these erotic elements.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jan 9, 2022 5:19 PM

Feb 2018
Not so bad for SoL, but what the fuck is wrong with this character designs?
Sometimes Akebi and her mother looks more like humanoid aliens than anime girls

kataneerJan 9, 2022 6:26 PM
Jan 9, 2022 5:29 PM

Oct 2021
Seems like just a chill and moe show overall. The little sis is cute tho
Jan 9, 2022 5:48 PM

Jun 2019
I’m getting some serious pedo vibes from the creator of this series. Bath scene w/ 3rd grader and 1st year Middle Schooler + underaged MC somewhat frequently in revealing clothing + lots of underaged feet screen time + 3rd grader speaks maturely and slapped underaged MC’s butt while she was lying in bed in an exposed position. That’s too many eyebrow raises to be just a coincidence.

The episode aside from that was solid feel-good stuff, but I’m really hoping that the things I pointed out don’t continue because it feels really gross.
Blue_MaroonJan 9, 2022 5:52 PM
Jan 9, 2022 6:16 PM
Aug 2019
Wow, the animation of this anime and the visuals are absolutely gorgeous. I honestly like this style a lot better than the one of the manga, i stopped reading it because i thought it was kinda creepy lol.

The episode was pretty comfy, but that nail clipping scene was... kinda gross for me
Jan 9, 2022 7:22 PM

Jun 2015
I have a sailor uniform fetish. And I swear I wasn't grinning when I watched this episode. I can go on length to explain the "lightness and cuteness" of sailor uniform which makes them so charming. But surely most people will think of my opinion in a perverted way (and I can't blame them too).

Anyway. The anime is so... BRIGHT! Like super bright I need to close my eyes sometimes, figuratively and literally. A happy go lucky character with wholesome family setup. I haven't read the source material yet, but I think it aims for slow and lively youth moments. It's good to watch to pass the time with a cup of tea at hand.

Also, the visual graphics too. It reminds me of P.A. Works' Nagi no Asukara. A series which was too stunning and way too ahead of its peers at the time. Props to Cloverworks for Akebi.
Jan 9, 2022 8:19 PM
Nov 2019
kataneer said:
Not so bad for SoL, but what the fuck is wrong with this character designs?
Sometimes Akebi and her mother looks more like humanoid aliens than anime girls

Over use of CGI. I was terrified in some moments but ngl overly beautiful and visually outstanding.
Jan 9, 2022 8:32 PM

Jan 2014
Honestly. This was very cute. A bit weird to look at in terms of the character looks at first, but with how the rest of the show is flowing, that will surely be overlooked, as it really is pretty to look at. With such a cool and cute story to look forward to as well, it's defo going to be a highlight of this anime season.
Jan 9, 2022 8:48 PM
Jul 2018
Aoiron said:
Is it me, or the blonde voiced by Rieri (Rie Takahashi) ? Tell me I'm wrong, or I will explode right now.
Aoiron said:
Is it me, or the blonde voiced by Rieri (Rie Takahashi) ? Tell me I'm wrong, or I will explode right now.
she's voiced by Sora Amamiya.
Jan 9, 2022 10:28 PM

Oct 2012
Great start. Love the visuals and the little sister is adorable with a fiery spirit.
Jan 9, 2022 10:29 PM

Jul 2019
Of course, this is a strictly girly anime, but when watching it, there is no desire to scratch out your eyes or die from cringe. From the very first shots, the atmosphere of Non Non Biyori kicked in and this is a huge plus for the first impression.

I think that I will be happy to watch this anime as a relief for the nerves and visual enjoynment while the plot, as such, can flow in any direction.
Jan 10, 2022 2:09 AM
Jan 2022
At least I find this much less boring than Bisque Doll, but still the 2nd half is quite boring. Kinda shocked that both of those girls have feet fetish, and Akebi's younger sister that slap Akebi's back. And kinda warning to characters' face shape which somewhat look unproprortional.
Jan 10, 2022 2:22 AM

Feb 2021
I was extremely impressed at the beautiful quality of the art & animation. I can't see the story being extremely deep, but the art alone is enough to keep going with this one. It's just eye candy galore.
Jan 10, 2022 8:16 AM
May 2019
glad i gave this a go since it seems really promising (aside from That scene) especially since im only interested in like 4 series this season

also this mc is insane for jogging like that in jeans. mad lad. absolute unit. Doing acrobats and shit. Her laundry must be horrible.

(btw this has like nothing to do with the series but i saw someone say that no feminist would ever watch like all female casts shows with ship bait in them. hfkhdkj its just really funny. im not even like a feminist aside from in the broadest definitions. its just so stupid fdhkjfd)
Jan 10, 2022 9:30 AM

Mar 2014
Very beautiful and interesting, I think this one it's gonna be good
Jan 10, 2022 9:47 AM
Oct 2020
A bit sketched out by the ecchi elements in this, but then the manga is a seinen, so I guess it would have to be that. I'll keep watching for now and hope it doesn't get so ecchi that I won't want to continue, it seems like a nice slice of life aside from that.
Jan 10, 2022 10:18 AM

Jul 2021
Blue_Maroon said:
I’m getting some serious pedo vibes from the creator of this series. Bath scene w/ 3rd grader and 1st year Middle Schooler + underaged MC somewhat frequently in revealing clothing + lots of underaged feet screen time + 3rd grader speaks maturely and slapped underaged MC’s butt while she was lying in bed in an exposed position. That’s too many eyebrow raises to be just a coincidence.

The episode aside from that was solid feel-good stuff, but I’m really hoping that the things I pointed out don’t continue because it feels really gross.

This. Loved the episode, but the inappropriate sexualization took something away from the wholesomeness.
Jan 10, 2022 2:08 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode! Favorite first of the season so far!
Jan 10, 2022 4:43 PM

Apr 2020
ayo that blonde girl has a foot fetish

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Jan 10, 2022 6:33 PM

Sep 2011
Looks damn good but the vibes I get from it are really weird.
Jan 11, 2022 12:21 AM

Jan 2021
Her dream is really simple.. just want to go to school wearing a sailor uniform.. but I also think that a sailor uniform is really that beautiful.

I hope she can make lots of friends! ♡

Jan 11, 2022 3:18 AM

Nov 2010
The imouto is diabetes inducing...
Holy hell she is bold, first time talking to someone her age (coming from the countryside with no other kids her age around) that also comes from the biggest city on the planet, AND she is the only one to wear a throwback uniform to the schools' history with special permission.
Like damn, I want to have those balls at that age!
Jan 11, 2022 5:51 AM

Aug 2021
This anime is so relaxing so far, I am extremely impressed with the animation and backgrounds, it reminded me a bit of Kyoto Animation. While I feel that Kyoto Animation is (imo) nicer, this is definitely on track to becoming as good.

ᴸᵉᵗ ᴹᵉ ᴮᵉ ᵂⁱᵗʰ ʸᵒᵘ
cₕᵢᵢ
Jan 11, 2022 7:02 AM

Aug 2016
If their eyes were just a little bit smaller, it would've been perfect, but still beautiful overall.
Jan 11, 2022 11:54 AM
Feb 2015
At some point Erika's just gonna run out nails to clip before it gets too close to her flesh ahahah
Jan 11, 2022 6:34 PM
Aug 2020
Haven't ever read the manga so I went in totally blind. First impression... somebody REEALLY likes feet, like a whole lot. Second impression, this is gonna be real wholesome or so utterly perverted and I really have no clue which way it is going. On a side note, that clip of her little sister walking up slowly and spanking her is just waiting to be turned into a reaction gif.
Jan 11, 2022 10:02 PM

Oct 2014
This might be my favorite of the season so far.
It's Morbin' Time!
Jan 12, 2022 5:56 AM

Nov 2018
This was so gorgeous it made me tear up what a beauty of seifuku cult and slice of life ♥♥♥
Jan 12, 2022 10:14 AM
Apr 2021
I've been waiting for the anime, since studio clover work, the animation is amazing, girls are cute, decent ost. Nice comedy. I laughed at so hard when KAO slapped her sister's cheeks.

Looking forward for next episodes.
Jan 12, 2022 11:37 AM

Dec 2016
Could be good. Interested to see some new characters at school and how they interact with Komichi. I like how most of this episode was focused on Komichi and her family. I feel like a lot of slice of life anime do not focus on family dynamics much if at all.

The art in this show so far is absolutely amazing. My only complaint is that i feel the beautiful artwork and silly interactions (especially the foot scene) do not really go together well. I would have enjoyed this episode a little more if it was more serious and cut out parts like that. Nevertheless, it was still good. Also, that ending song sounded really great. Guess i got something new to listen to!
Jan 12, 2022 1:45 PM

Jul 2014
Fantastic pilot - I didn't expect it to be this good. The art, animation and backgrounds are all stunning.

Character designs, the faces at least, look nearly identical to the characters on Promised Neverland. Guess that's not too strange, considering they're both made by CloverWorks.

There seems to be a bit of a foot fetish going on here, as others have stated.. Tarantino would be pleased LOL!

The little sister is the real MVP, I absolutely adore her voice actress.
Jan 12, 2022 9:10 PM
Mar 2015
Cute girls doing cute things
Jan 13, 2022 8:10 AM

Apr 2015
First half was on the dull side, the moment Kizaki appeared the show got better
Jan 13, 2022 12:18 PM
May 2016
Delightful but please no more leering, creepy ass shots
Jan 13, 2022 12:38 PM
Nov 2019
Really loved the visuals and the character movements with a great ost all together plus anime does a good job to keep it tame compared to the manga. So I don't know how some people are still trying to make it seem like it's a serious problem and nothing like this or worse than some barely ass and "feet " shots hasn't been done in an anime before.
RepletteJan 13, 2022 12:45 PM
Jan 13, 2022 2:18 PM
Oct 2013
Really nice first episode, i wanna see how things will turn out for Akebi-chan!
Jan 13, 2022 6:39 PM

Mar 2020
That was beautiful. I'm looking forward for Komichi-chan's journey!!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jan 13, 2022 8:00 PM

Dec 2017
Yes, anime girl feet. Anime of the year decided in January? That's crazy
Jan 13, 2022 10:39 PM

Feb 2009
Dan Schneider would love this! Jk

It's interesting, I hope it keeps its slightly humorous edge throughout otherwise there doesn't seem to be anything interesting about MC to note

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2022

149 by kixann »»
Apr 26, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2022

75 by kixann »»
Apr 24, 12:10 PM

» If every Anime made like this everybody in the world will love Anime

Naveen6662246 - Feb 25

14 by Serafos »»
Mar 10, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2022

71 by Pondoxd »»
Feb 15, 2:39 PM

» No one is saying it so, I am going to say it

kuzumaicant - Jan 16, 2022

23 by mimimilk »»
Feb 11, 12:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.