Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2021 9:17 AM

Feb 2014
This was episode is definitely one of the best final episode I've seen!

I'm so conflicted with Eris. On one hand, I totally understand what she feels. But on the other hand she could have done things better. Fortunately Rudeus is not totally broken.
Also I see Rudeus does not consider Zenith as his mother yet since he's still calling her by her name. But she's important enough for him that he's willing to go past his depression. That takes must have taken so much mental strength.

Dec 19, 2021 9:20 AM
Sep 2021
This sure is a heavy episode.

At least we get to have a glimpse of all the characters that Rudeus (DeadEnd's squad) has met ever since the teleportation.

We also get a glimpse of Zenith's whereabouts and that white-haired (something spoiler something) elf girl.
Dec 19, 2021 9:21 AM

Jan 2021
This was a great last episode I wanted them to show us Rudeus’s mom but at least they showed us Sylphy at the end tho
Dec 19, 2021 9:26 AM
May 2021
FredCon said:

At least we get to have a glimpse of all the characters that Rudeus (DeadEnd's squad) has met ever since the teleportation.

We also get a glimpse of Zenith's whereabouts and that white-haired (something spoiler something) elf girl.
Everyone knows who the white haired person is...
Dec 19, 2021 9:29 AM

Jan 2021
ItsAssault said:
FredCon said:

Though it isn't explained in the anime yet the information provided makes it obvious.

Jul 2021
It was a good second half, not as good as the first one but it was also good.
I really enjoyed the final episode, showing all the relevant characters in the anime, including Sylphiette. It was also really cool to see Paul meeting Aisha again.
I'm really looking forward to the next season!
asdasdsadad

Mar 2017
That was a pretty damn great season! This felt like a season full of character development for almost all the characters and I loved that it ended with Rudy accepting that he isn’t the person he used to be; he’s Rudeus Greyrat and he’s going to live as him and only him.

I have a feeling that something awful has happened to Zenith though… roll of Season 3 for more of this amazing story!

May 2020
ItsAssault said:
FredCon said:

is it the one that im thinking rn hahaha because its obvious in the way that person described rudy
Dec 19, 2021 9:30 AM

Aug 2017
This season improved most of my complains about the first season. And I love the character development. 8/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

Aug 2018
What a season. A classic in the making!
Apr 2018
That's a nice episode to conclude the first season/childhood arc.
It was nice seeing the POV from different characters, also I am glad they kept the meeting between Roxy and the demon empress.
I really liked the scene/flashback with Zenith.

Also, there is NO WAY they are not going to announce a second season after showing us the last scene (they really had the balls to show us now this character...).

I still can't believe Mushoku Tensei season 1 ended...
9/10 anime
Dec 19, 2021 9:31 AM

Dec 2016
What was great final episode. We got to see Eris's POV, Rudeus's backstory, what the other characters are doing and a preview on the next season if it gets confirmed.

Man... I'm going to miss waking up every Sunday watching this show since the series has been nothing but amazing each episode. And probably one of the best shows for anime 2021. (Even with the controversy)

Not sure if I want to give it a 8 or 9 since I know it gets a LOT better after volume 6 of the LN.
Dec 19, 2021 9:31 AM
Apr 2013
I enjoyed it.

The first cour was better in my opinion but there were a lot of good moments in this one too.

I will hope for a second season.

Dec 19, 2021 9:32 AM

Dec 2020
Now since the anime is over. It'll be a while till they announce S3. So in the mean time I have found light novel volumes online. Can a kind soul tell me where am I supposed to start?

Dec 19, 2021 9:36 AM

Oct 2017
How amazing, I relate to Rudeus 100%
that's what i call character development, this is real.
Dec 19, 2021 9:39 AM
Oct 2016
A perfect end to this incredible season!! Mushoku Tensei is one of my all time favorite series so to see it adapted with such care and poise has left me speechless. The entire production team did what many thought impossible and took a masterpiece of a story from page to screen. The take of Rudeus Greyrat is not for the faint of heart. We've only scratched the surface with this first season adapting the first six out of twenty five plus light novels but we already saw him face many challenges and experiences.

These past months throughout the year were such fun every Sunday we had an episode. From Rudy being reincarnated to discovering magic to meeting Roxy to reaching Sylphy to going off with Ghislaine to taming Eris to the displacement incident to meeting Ruijerd to traveling through the demon continent to Rudy getting his demon eye to the port situation to meeting the beast people and Geese to reuniting with Paul to saving Aisha and Lillia to the confrontation against Orsted to Eris departing to Rudy taking his step forward. The whole journey was a sight to see. A legendary story put into anime form.

Rudy himself showing tremendous growth from when he's first reincarnated into this world. Going from a shut away loner to having this trove of people whom he cares about. Seeing so many interesting people and discovering many interesting things. It was all peaceful until the displacement incident changed everything. Causing Rudy to adapt even more so than he already had. I loved seeing in the finale how Ruijerd and Eris had both changed themselves from their time with Rudy. That even separated now he still influences them. Roxy getting plenty of her own time to shine throughout the show, especially the second half. Her backstory being very sad and lonely too but her overcoming that to become the powerful mage she is now. Trusting Rudy enough at the end to leave him be and focus on finding Zenith.

There's so much to gush about this series. The visuals an landscapes were beautiful every episode, looking like photo realistic paintings and how every environment was so unique. The care put into each aspect of the show can be seen plain as day. The animation during action scenes whether they be light scenes or heavy ones was always implicate. Never look bad or rushed, always care shown in the every moment. I'm gonna miss these episodes and I hope we get more soon.

100/100
Dec 19, 2021 9:39 AM

Jan 2021
FakeNeko said:
Now since the anime is over. It'll be a while till they announce S3. So in the mean time I have found light novel volumes online. Can a kind soul tell me where am I supposed to start?

Volume 7 if you want to continue from the anime.
Dec 19, 2021 9:41 AM
Mar 2015
Rudy finally woke up and took a step forward thanks to his mother
Dec 19, 2021 9:42 AM

Jul 2017
FakeNeko said:

Ideally from the beginning to get the full experience since some characters were cut from this season that would have shown up in the LN portion so to avoid confusion with some missing details and learn more about the side stories, better from the first.

Otherwise if you wanna jump directly past the anime portion regardless, Volume 7's the one to go to.

Dec 2020
dabdabgoose said:
FakeNeko said:

Start of the volume?
Roger. Thanks for the help

Apr 2007
What an amazing finale adding to the closure from last week. It always makes me so happy to see Ruijerd mentioning he's a superd and people don't fear him anymore. Beautiful!

Thank you for another amazing season, Mushoku Tensei. I hope to see more in the near future.

Mar 2021
Man what an episode, this was definitely better than part 1, they gave such a great conclusion to part 1

It's cool to see how rudeas influenced everyone in this life to give it their best and to keep moving forward, also I liked how ,despite seeing his home in ruins ,not finding sylphie or Zenith getting ditched by Eris and going different ways from ruijerd , he still managed to pick himself back up,he's definitely improved from his earlier life, I feel

Though I do feel some ecchi scenes in the show were completely avoidable ,but were still shown

All in all this part is a significant step up from part one and the way they ended it with a flashback of rudeas's earlier life, his mistakes ,and him moving on and others moving on ,and his family from 7 years ago(was it?), Was a masterstroke, very good
A solid 8/10
Dec 19, 2021 9:44 AM

Jul 2015
Perfect way to end. 10/10 for obvious reasons. Can't wait for more mushoku tensei!

Studio Bind masterclass.
Dec 19, 2021 9:51 AM
Dec 2021
Eris-nyan, the girl that can't communicate has a lot of dick-sucking and explaining to do when they meet again
Dec 19, 2021 9:53 AM

Jul 2020
I'm sad our journey has to end right now. I can't wait until it comes back on. I'm satisfied with the episode 10 / 10
Dec 19, 2021 9:54 AM
Jul 2018
dabdabgoose said:
man the flashbacks to his old life hit hard, glad they showed a slyphy scene though it looks like they will skip alot of the asura kingdom arc.

damn this is going to be a long wait till the next season, time to read the Light Novel.

I think they showed fitts for teasing about season 2,I don't think it will be skipped. It will either get an ova or will be told from flashbacks
Dec 19, 2021 9:55 AM

Jul 2017
Ceoneichi said:
dabdabgoose said:
man the flashbacks to his old life hit hard, glad they showed a slyphy scene though it looks like they will skip alot of the asura kingdom arc.

damn this is going to be a long wait till the next season, time to read the Light Novel.

I think they showed fitts for teasing about season 2,I don't think it will be skipped. It will either get an ova or will be told from flashbacks

You can easily insert stuff like that into season 2 through flashbacks, first part of season 2 would a pretty slow one anyway so adding stuff like that at a more fitting time would boost the story a lot better there.
Dec 19, 2021 9:57 AM

Dec 2015
God I hate the hair-cutting trope so prevalent in anime. I get it, but it’s overdone and 99% of the time it makes the character look worse. Eris’ short hair looks so bad, she didn’t need to cut it THAT short. I hope it grows back next season.
Jan 2020
It's really nice to see so many positive comments about Mushoku Tensei.
Sometimes I really got the feeling that many people can't stand this anime and especially Rudeus. But the really little minority is just that loud.

For me personally it was amazing and maybe the aoty in my opinion. This anime makes it clear for me... series with great character development and a story that gives you little pieces and evolves later to a big cake are my favourite ones.
Oct 2021
dabdabgoose said:
FakeNeko said:

I ordered it and read it in a day. It may be my favorite volume. A crime that the manga left it out. It is essential to understanding Rudy's development as an individual and not part of Dead End. I only read the WN before but the LN's are much better.
Dec 19, 2021 9:59 AM
Oct 2018
The people in charge of planning this episode are amazing. This was probably one of the best endings to a season that I have ever seen. (ending to a season and not the ending of an entire anime)
Dec 19, 2021 10:00 AM

Jul 2017
FocusIssues said:
dabdabgoose said:

I ordered it and read it in a day. It may be my favorite volume. A crime that the manga left it out. It is essential to understanding Rudy's development as an individual and not part of Dead End. I only read the WN before but the LN's are much better.

At least volume 7 will be in manga form soon enough since it got announced to release soon recently in Japan.
Dec 19, 2021 10:04 AM

Apr 2019
No doubt the best episode of the series.

Dec 19, 2021 10:13 AM

Nov 2009
Just came here to say that this is one of the best adaptations so far. They did a really good job.
I'm SO looking forward to how they will animate this scene with the mouse. I bet it's going to be awesome
Dec 19, 2021 10:14 AM
Apr 2016
One of the best executed LN adaptations to ever bless the anime community. Thank you Studio Bind.

I need my Season 2 announcement.
Dec 19, 2021 10:14 AM

May 2020
What an awesome ending.

I still don't get where Zenith ended up after the teleportation. So i bought the first 6 volumes of the light novel. Maybe I'll buy the rest of them too, but no clue how much is available in English yet.
Dec 19, 2021 10:19 AM

Jan 2021
sirmattis said:
What an awesome ending.

I still don't get where Zenith ended up after the teleportation. So i bought the first 6 volumes of the light novel. Maybe I'll buy the rest of them too, but no clue how much is available in English yet.
up to volume 13, 14 will be out in January.
Dec 19, 2021 10:20 AM

Apr 2014
I am sad to see this end. But nothing can last forever. I am glad to pick up this series even though I was very late in the game. This episode shows a lot of what people are doing And show how they are doing too. I am so dang glad Rudeus is back up. I was worried but now I am relieved somewhat. It will be hard for him. But I know he can overcome this. I guess it is the way how Eris wrote the letter is what drove him into a downfall. As many will say her communication sucks hard. But Eris wants to be strong for Rudeus it is too bad she could not say that in the letter in full detail. Anyways. I hope season 2 shows up soon. Glad to be on this journey with everybody. There were some moments that annoyed me and made me cringe. But I guess it wasn’t that bad. Hope to see season 2 very soon. Because it is fun so far.
Dec 19, 2021 10:22 AM
Sep 2021
Just bought all the ln's. Can't wait to read the whole story
Dec 19, 2021 10:24 AM
Jul 2021
Ahhh What a good episode (although even knowing what is going to happen I was worried that they were going to show him miserable the whole time and not get up until next season! I was afraid of that and was getting frustrated even knowing how bad heartbreak can destroy you). But I seriously kept looking at the timer and basically counting down to when it was over, sooo bummed!

PLEASE god since Bind is only working on MT let this only be a 10-12 month wait for S2 Part 1! Since we should have gotten this in July we could have been Soo much closer to S2 😭. I hope of they do the rumored movie that it is canon and it doesn't affect S2. Because it would really suck to have it be a great movie and then they just redo the same damn thing (basically) like Demon Slayer did or DB Super did.

So cool to see that post credit scene, I figured they'd hide that and not reveal who it was, although if they show anything from Fitts' side we'd know right away anyway. I'm glad we have Demon Slayer now, another show I love in January along with Attack on Titan AND Shield Hero in April but this seriously is absolutely in my top 5 Anime of all time already and I wish I could binge the entire series right now lol
Dec 19, 2021 10:25 AM

Jul 2008
Rudy went looking for him mom after remembering her smile and the warmth of the family!

You can do it Rudy! Don't forget that there are tons of people who love and respect you the most in the world! ;(

Dec 19, 2021 10:33 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
What a great end to season 1, hope season 2 is just as good.
Dec 19, 2021 10:34 AM

Aug 2019
Poor Rudy, Eris left a bigger hole in his hearth than Orsted did.

Most isekais: The demon lord is the ruthless final boss, a calamity upon the whole world
Mushoku Tensei: The demon lord is a beggar loli trying not to starve to death, and dresses like a character from Kill la Kill
Dec 19, 2021 10:34 AM

Aug 2014
Hard decision... 8/10 or 9/10 ;/
Well if this would become weekly like Naruto then I would maybe even give it 10. The art is not great at all times so it wouldn't be a problem to make 1 episode every Sunday. It is very slow paced. Anyway I do like it and I would watch third season.
I knew it that now it will be story with Sylphie after episode 11 when Eris left him ;( Eris left him hair memento, but he didn't take it? He would have Roxy panties, Eris hair and only Sylphie would need to give him something at the end of third season when leaving him ;d Then in fourth season I think they would reunite in a party of Rudeus and Roxy, Sylphiette, Eris. Sylphiette should be healer to match the squad.
Too bad Roxy didn't get some eye power, but that Kishirika is easy way overpower Rudeus and link the plot when the author has no other ideas. "Lets give the main hero another super power just like that" Kinda bad for the story.
There is similar quest in Genshin impact Inazuma part as that.
Thyriad-oPPailovDec 19, 2021 5:00 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 19, 2021 10:37 AM

Sep 2021
Man this part was even better than the first one. Easy AOTY for me.
Dec 19, 2021 10:39 AM

Apr 2015
Comically evil kids are just a staple of anime, aren't they? O'well. I guess we got the origin story of how Rudy ended up fapping to kids.

Given this was largely a stinger episode for S2, I don't have many thoughts on it albeit I think I enjoyed C2 a little bit more than C1 probably because Rudy as a character had less time be horny and more time to be an anime action hero.

4/10. See you next season.
Dec 19, 2021 10:40 AM
Jul 2015
I'm eagerly waiting for future releases of this title.
Dec 19, 2021 10:40 AM

Apr 2015
I honestly can't believe it is over and the way they ended things is something I absolutely like. I loved seeing how and where everyone is.

Eris and Ghislaine traveling together and Eris opening up on how she felt while traveling with Rudy. I can truly understand that she feels that she's been protected by Rudy all this time and that the events with the Dragon God really opened her eyes on how weak she thinks she is. Also, I dislike the "Important haircut" trope a lot, but I think it really suits Eris well!!

Ruijerd is seeing first hand the effects of the curse fading away, having grateful people thank him for saving them while not being afraid of him, meanwhile, at last Lilia and Aisha have reunited with Paul.

Rudy himself is also reflecting back on himself in his past life and those flashbacks do hit very different. I am just glad he managed to get back up and found the motivation to now look for his mother.

Despite the depressed mood Rudy gave, the scenes with Kishirika Kishirisu did bring a lot more light to the episode. The fact that she was doing a drinking contest with the Dwarf warrior (?) was pretty funny in itself. Roxy was ready to collapse from the little she probably had, but Lize behind her casually making out to a muscular dude behind her, just shows that this adventure-party is bonkers and I love it!!

Sylphie returns for next season? Bring it on!!

Together with the 1st part of this season, easily the AOTY and BY far the best Isekai for me. Bind studio's dedication to the show is something I respect and I can't wait for them to work on future seasons!! Don't make me wait too long!! 10/10 and welcome to my all time favorites Mushoku!!
Dec 19, 2021 10:43 AM
May 2021
It's finally over, and Rudeus has developed again realizing the importance of his family rather than sexual attraction to girls. The rest was bullshit, scenes thrown there for nothing to contextualize future information like the omniscient devil who knows everything and has the artificial scenes that involved Rujierd with people who no longer fear him and that was it and I even think it was a big one moment considering that he was a strong character to receive more attention but that in the end he ended up supporting the whole work functioning as a mere bodyguard. Rujierd's dialogues with villagers was pretty superficial just to close the matter of the superds that they aren't bad, oh and villagers looked like NPC. I expected an epic scene of him saving people and telling him who he is, but anyway I hope it takes him a long time to come back. The work as a whole has a production well above the average, has flaws in the narratives that are "why" and is not explained, the author connects points in the story as lazily as possible and sometimes he doesn't even care, anime photography is beautiful too but sometimes it falls apart and has no big arcs, there were fill-in episodes and fill-in scenes that I don't know where the Mushoku fans are who can't see or see and wipe. My score is 7.2/10 that unfortunately people think the only flaw is the controversies and it's much more than that.
Dec 19, 2021 10:48 AM
Apr 2016
I didn t like this season, but this last episode was a good conclusion at least.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 31, 2021

398 by Shinola »»
May 6, 4:31 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

469 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

415 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2021

302 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2021

227 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.