Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mieruko-chan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 12, 2021 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, dealing with humans is just about as tough of having to put up with those monsters. I do admire Miko's courage this episode though.

Thought this episode overall had a more intense tone compared to the others. Miko having to face her fears and showing that she can overcome any obstacle is kinda inspiring.
Dec 12, 2021 5:28 AM

Jun 2019
Oh boy... that was one intense episode. First, Miko decided to follow Zen and do something about him so Hana can be safe from the illness. But, following him didn't do anything other than she saw him with the cat which Miko eventually saved. And, then the whole Zen backstory. I feel bad for him. His mother was so horrible. His love for cats is understandable now. Also, Zen has a great friend.

Miko also used her third time from the divine beings to help Zen out and relieve him from his awful mother. I really really enjoyed this episode. Everything sorted out and Miko finally helped someone out and the whole picture is clear now.
Dec 12, 2021 6:24 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like she used her last help with dealing with the mother but seriously that mother was creepy really creepy.
in any case the question is is that teacher really who he claims he is or is her just pretending growing up with such a mother isn't good for you and it probably left it's marks on his personality.
I guess we will have to wait and see.
Dec 12, 2021 6:25 AM

Jul 2017
HOO BOY...Zen's backstory is just wildly horrible of a child growing up: a dysfunctional perfectionist family with a dad that betrays his mother, and with the cats, that signaled the start of his downward spiral.

Hana is constantly having to replenish herself through food, because Zen's spirit is just too powerful for her aura to be massively drained. Miko definitely caught that cryptic message, and decides to stalk Zen in order to alleviate Hana from her boisterious stomach...but also remembering that she has only one chance left of the guardian spirits' protection.

The walk to a tunnel with the cat, and goosebumps draw on Miko's face to save the cat out of Zen's reach. In a twisted fate, the cat that Miko saved that Zen rushed in to save it from being killed in a hit-and-run case, did he live? Yes, of course he did.

To the contrary, Zen actually IS the opposite. He cared for cats and loved them, but would hide it from his estranged controlling mother, and once she found it, only death lies at its door. But that doesn't detract from the fact that the spirits still haunt Zen, and Miko misunderstood his intentions from the recent cases of cat abuse from sheltering them instead of being a murderer. Glad to hear that Zen has a friend, the vet Satoru who's been helping him ever since as a partner in need.

Miko's final promise to Zen: to take care of the cat that he saved, and as a precaution for misjudging him too quickly, her final chance is used to alleviate him out of his trouble.

This whole episode had a Junji Ito vibe, and is nothing short of amazing.
Dec 12, 2021 6:26 AM

Nov 2019
So Zen was just an honest guy this whole time. Can't believe his mother just straight up kill a straight cat he brought home. Usually, you'd just tell your son to not keep him and leave him at some foster for animals or something

Dec 12, 2021 6:28 AM

Feb 2020
Poor Zen. His backstory was just so sad. What a horrible mother.

I'm glad he was a good guy after all.

Cute and precious little kitty. <3

SerafosMay 1, 7:20 AM
Dec 12, 2021 6:29 AM
Jul 2018
She's making sensei free from those burdens.
The last scene was epic.
Knew from the first this whole season gonna be a spin off from this studio if they are not serious.
Dec 12, 2021 6:30 AM

Feb 2021
Another banger of an episode yet again! We finally get to know what's with Zen after all the misunderstanding from earlier episodes. I never saw that coming and my jaw was on the floor during the big reveal. Now that Miko has used her 3 times/chances, I'm itching to know what's gonna happen to her.

Is episode 12 the last episode? Please tell me this has 13 episodes.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Dec 12, 2021 6:33 AM
Jul 2018
did not expect this
Dec 12, 2021 6:34 AM

Sep 2011
This episode was so intense... So, the teacher wasn't a bad person, I always thought it lol. His mother was evil and she followed him even after her death. So, from now Miko will be in dangerous D:
Dec 12, 2021 6:35 AM

Oct 2017
Finally we got to know the whole truth about Zen sensei and it was quite messed up. Felt bad for him, his mother was even haunting him after her death. Miko was brave there and she took a big gamble to save sensei and it paid off but at the cost of her final help. Now that her three times is over what'll happen? I'm quite worried about Miko.
Dec 12, 2021 6:37 AM

Jan 2010
Hmmm Miko thinks that "sankai" means 3回 - (san-kai - 3 times), but what if that means 参会 (sankai - participation), that would change things ;)
Dec 12, 2021 6:38 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Talk about a controlling parent huh. Still seems that Tohno sensei's upbringing was far from a happy one. Amusing in that Hana always seems to find the perfect opportunity to eat when attention on her was elsewhere. The revelation about the truth about Zen though was quite surprising considering all the clues presented thus far. It was also a nice surprise that the sole friend that Zen had back then stayed with him even as they become adults. Looks like Miko was completely wrong about Zen huh. Still now that Miko's three saves are up curious to see what will happen next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2021 6:38 AM

Sep 2021
Psycho mother

Looks like the show has to tell that one should not a judge a book by its cover.

I have a feeling that something will happen bad in the last episode next Sunday night.
Dec 12, 2021 6:43 AM
May 2016
Great stuff looks like they took a page straight from the master, Alfred Hitchcock, and made the big baddie the evil mother. :) This is going to end up being the best new show of the season, can't wait for the finale.
Dec 12, 2021 6:52 AM
Feb 2021
Sensei Mom sure was disgusting in both real and ghost, Yuck. What a dreadful Mom, controlling and overexerting her own son by disregarding his happiness. Very Brave Decision by Miko to release Sensei from the clutch his wretched evil mother ghost. Now she has her all support line exhausted, seems like time to pick up the Manga soon.
Dec 12, 2021 6:55 AM

Aug 2020
Wow, who would have guessed that he likes cats and did not abuse them. Decent episode nice mystery at the start.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Dec 12, 2021 7:03 AM

Mar 2021
great episode. Zen's mother is just horrible, how can you kill an animal with fluffy fur because your son did not get full marks on a test. I wonder what will happen to Miko since she has used all that helps.
🐐

Dec 12, 2021 7:16 AM

Jan 2015
Omg they did justice to one of the best panels of the manga!
I’m so sad next week will be over. I really want to see the nest arc be adapted.
Dec 12, 2021 7:19 AM

Oct 2015
So when his neighbor gave him food, the blood on his hands must be because the cat gave birth. I just can't understand why he threw the food she gave him in the garbage though.....
Dec 12, 2021 7:24 AM

May 2020
That's one horrible mother he had there, that sensei. And no Miko you just can't follow anyone like that, though she was lucky that it wasn't her who got hit by that car.

Also here goes her third and last divine protection too, not sure how she will tackle those higher spirits from now.
Dec 12, 2021 7:26 AM

Jan 2018
Zen's mother is the typical abusive Asian parent. But it was crazy that she died and continues to haunt his son. At least Miko-chan will set her free.

Finally Miko actually properly addressed a ghost! Sadly she also used up her last spirit token or whatever. She should recharge it if that's possible.

Next week final episode. I have no idea what it's going to be about but I'm not ready for it. But the episode title makes it sound like it's some sort of an origin story.
Dec 12, 2021 7:38 AM

Jan 2019
Xenocrisi said:
Omg they did justice to one of the best panels of the manga!
I’m so sad next week will be over. I really want to see the nest arc be adapted.

Exactly. I'm so satisfied! And sad that it's going to be over too. Hopefully we get more seasons once there is enough material.

WNightfall said:
I just can't understand why he threw the food she gave him in the garbage though.....

Maybe he just didn't like it. lol
Dec 12, 2021 7:41 AM

Dec 2020
another one of those hot dudes with eyebags that are always misunderstood in anime

pretty intense ep, zens mom was creepy as fuck. both while being alive and as a ghost. mieruko used her last help .. wonder what'll happen after this, really interested on how they'll end it
Dec 12, 2021 7:46 AM

Jun 2019
Oh man, they got me here. I thought he was the bad guy. Now I'm doubting that fat doctor lol. I feel like he's he one.
Dec 12, 2021 7:46 AM

Sep 2017
The wholesome twist. Liked how this episode turned out overall. Actively calling on the yellow bois to take out the psycho mom is some good wholesome shit. Now she's all out, but can't she just go pray at the temple again to get a refill lol.
Dec 12, 2021 7:50 AM

Nov 2016
Mieruko-chan keeps surprising me week after week. This turned out to be way more than expected.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 12, 2021 7:53 AM

Jan 2013
Called it! I had a feeling he wasn't the bad guy we were all assuming to be.
SHINOBI-03 said:
First I want to make it clear that I never read the manga nor have I read any spoilers. With that said...

While the series is making Zen look like a bad guy, do you think this is all just a bait & switch and they'll reveal this was all just a giant misunderstanding and he was innocent this entire time? I don't know, something tells me this is what will end up happening.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Dec 12, 2021 7:58 AM

Jul 2021
I feel like a freaking idiot now, I wrote, "Zen definitely tortures the cats and eats them as it is evident that he doesn't eat human food" in the discussion thread of episode 10. I'm crying lmao.

This episode was one of the if not the best episode till now. This episode truly felt like it was from a horror anime. When Zen's monster mom leaped towards Miko I got so scared lol. The whole episode was really intense. Zen's backstory was really sad, feels double bad as I love cats a lot. His mother was acting like a monster when she was alive and became a real monster after dying.

When Miko was following Zen in those back alleys I was so scared for her, I mean we didn't know he was a good guy then. I'm so glad Miko didn't call cops on him, would have been really sad if she had. Zen being the good guy was one hell of a twist dude plus one could only have imagined that the "Don't look" ghost was actually his mother. Also I don't think Zen has the sight, previously I though he did but now I don't think he has the sight, it seems like his mother just couldn't leave her son alone even after dying, her love was that of a yandere?? I'm not sure if we can use that word here. I'm thinking Zen's mother had an abusive relationship with her husband and he left her, so she latched onto the only thing she was left with, her son. She wanted him to love her a lot, never leave her, never hide anything from him, she was obsessed with him so much that she became the controlling and violent mother, to such extent that she couldn't let go of her son even after dying. Kinda glad her ghost was killed off. But if you look at this in another way, Miko used her last chance of getting saved from a monster for a good deed(saving Zen from the monster of his mother, I'm pretty sure he's gonna feel a lot better and lighter now) but now that she's out of chances we really don't know what might happen with her, forget about other monsters, what will those "good" spirits do with her now that she's out of her chances.
The story has gotten 10 times more interesting than it was before and now just one more episode is left :( Even if this anime gets renewed for season 2 we might still have to wait another whole year damn it.

Really exited for the next episode and looking forward to it.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 12, 2021 8:03 AM

Jun 2020
Well the mother is pretty sick person and would most likely qualify for some of the diagnoses of the DSM-5 in the section regarding some personality disorder and maybe even complex of delusions. No wonder the guy is so self-centered when every interaction used to cause him a lot of distress.

Glad the ghost is done for.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Dec 12, 2021 8:13 AM
Sep 2017
People are quick to judge things in every episode I see
I also once thought the sensei was evil when reading the manga, I actually had my doubts thinking it maybe it is misdirecting me but I thought nah this is horror so I think too much but I was wrong
Need to know before judge things
Though I see there are people still quick to judge things here which is not related to the sensei arc
Dec 12, 2021 8:19 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
As expected it was all a misunderstanding and Zen was the center in all of this misjudgement sorrounding cats. I did not expect him to be an abuse victim though and finally in that last scene Miko was trying to redeem herself.

I might've not liked the series overall but this episode was pretty good regardless.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 12, 2021 8:26 AM

Nov 2018
best episode 10/10
Dec 12, 2021 8:42 AM

Oct 2018
good episode, finally the teacher is a good person with a sad story and bad mother :O
Dec 12, 2021 9:10 AM

Feb 2019
Damn man only one more episode of this to go. This season has blown by.
Dec 12, 2021 9:19 AM

Nov 2011
What a twist. Sensei actually being a nice guy but corrupted by his crazy mother.

Anyone else feel her pain when she tripped running up the steps...I did.

Huge step by Miko to tell her to let him live. She had to use her final trump card to do it though so now...it will be interesting to see what happens next week.
SoraSenpaiDec 12, 2021 9:22 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 12, 2021 10:12 AM
Aug 2017
If Mieruko was so afraid to lost her last call from the guardian, why did not she just invited the teacher for the temple?
I mean, in the temple they would beat the shit of his mother for free lol
Dec 12, 2021 10:17 AM

Dec 2016
Damn they really got me there giving so many negative signals of this Zen...

At the beginning I thought they were just gonna show how Zen had a messed up childhood which led him to become a psycho but instead Zen found solace by being with cats after being mentally and physically abused by his mother.

It's like they wanna say how you shouldn't judge people by their appearance and that you also shouldn't jump onto conclusions just because they gave you negative vibes.
But then was it a different guy who took out a knife in previous episode? That guy looked similar to Zen.
Dec 12, 2021 10:30 AM

Jan 2021
This episode was a banger. Didn't expect this twist. Now only problem is that Miko is out of lifelines.

チュブリツァ

Dec 12, 2021 10:32 AM
Aug 2021
MIKO GOT SOME BALLS!!! I hope she doesn’t regret her choice tho
Dec 12, 2021 10:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ahaha yeah the plot twist, the sensei is actually good and is cat lover, he just had a really tough childhood with an abusive mother that killed his cat and haunts him now... seems like she's gone now thanks to the spirits' help but she has no help anymore :S
Dec 12, 2021 10:44 AM

Nov 2014
Finally Miko went on offensive! Now I hope she keeps the momentum and starts to be more proactive.
Zen's backstory wasn't entirely unexpected. I had a feeling there is more to him, tho I wouldn't guess that this ghost was his mother.
The only thing I disliked about this episode is that Miko ran out of that room. Sharing her secret with Zen would be a nice development.
Dec 12, 2021 10:44 AM

Nov 2017
Golly, the twist and turns were unexpected. And now we're back to that theme of the second episode of not judging a book by its cover. Zen isn't a shady or bad guy after all.

Miko is the best girl, fer sure! She puts herself in danger, she wants to help others and she dead ass told Zen's mom's ghost to her face.

I'm definitely interested in how this is going to turn out though!~ I have a feeling the next episode is going to be the best one!
Dec 12, 2021 10:53 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly, this anime is getting better and better! So the teacher wasn't actually the cat killer? Damn! I guess it wad her mother. I'm so glad that the teachers wasn't a psycopath. This episode is the perfect example for not judging someone instantly.
Dec 12, 2021 11:01 AM

May 2009
Very good adaptation but I still think manga version of hospital scene had more power
Dec 12, 2021 11:04 AM
May 2018
Zen's mother just became the most punchable anime character
Dec 12, 2021 11:07 AM

Dec 2015
Darn. Guess I was wrong about Zen.

Wonder who's going around killing the cats though. Maybe the mother is possessing him and having him kill them. Or maybe I'm just reaching.

Miko finally confronting Zen's crazy mother. All the things she has seen up till now has (sort of) prepared her for to face off with her as a final boss to this season.
This was a good time to use that last request from those spirits. A fitting end. Might read the manga after this. みこちゃん巫女になったw.
Dec 12, 2021 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, I really didn't expect a story like this from Zen, it's nice and definitely paints a better picture of him. Dang, the mother was really creepy thou
Dec 12, 2021 11:20 AM

Jun 2017
Woah didn't think Zen's story would be such a twist, he sure had a piece of shit mother. It's was very selfless of Miko to use her last shot of help on him, now then she did admit all of it happened because of her wrong judgement so at least she is owning up to it.
Dec 12, 2021 11:26 AM

Dec 2020
Miko has do a thing about zen because of hana and that wasn’t a good idea she thought he would make something bad with the cat but no it’s the opposite, to hear the backstory of zen was heavy.

His mom was horrible now i understand why he his character is so.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2021

260 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 4, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

126 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 2, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Syureria - Oct 31, 2021

144 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 1, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2021

246 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 1, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2021

304 by ReaperCreeper »»
Apr 30, 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.