Forum Settings
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2021 6:21 PM

Mar 2021
Chapter discussion

Mod edit: Title changed.
Please write more detailed posts in the future.
-DxP-Feb 2, 2023 5:32 AM
Jan 22, 2023 3:23 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I did expect Hikki was gonna give her the win, this is very subtle since it was too gradual to immediatly notice over most of the time, but look how he has grown...

It doesnt help that he thinks unlook most people and rather than going directly to the point, for matters of love due to his bashfulness and lack of proper interaction with most people over the recent years, we have come to this.
That is also part of the charm of reading, and the writter is a master in using all but the words you are used to, to describe feelings, reading some of the text, even re-reading, it is far from easy to a lot of times, getting the nuance of what is being said, and this is reading the official translation, I dunno how the fantranslation fairs.

To the point of this volume again, it was great to see him turning the tables on Yukino's mother like that, he realized he was outclassed easily after the last confrontation, so he switched gears really fast, she was not that against it, but just a tool, it was not her personal bias, thus he "smoothly" redirectlyed the tool against the sender, using his own past as a means to lower her guard and making her understand he was not a treat.
And this boy is doing all this for personal satisfaction, because he cares for someone else and wants to do it, now I wont comment on this further since I dont want to leave spoilers, but it was certainly a powerful way to end it, as always the dialogues between Hikki and Yukino are among the most extremely pleasing times one can have reading this series, and honestly the reason I started it years ago, not disappointed either.

Hachiman slow but steady development over the series is a major highlight I feel and as outsiders it is clear to see and heartwarming to see, since this is from his PoV most of the times, we barely see others saying that much about his change, outside the main suspects, but it is definitly refreshing to recall all the times he has gone out of his way to change, small details like thanking people and bowing to them sincerely so, and leaving them surprised, because this was not a think the previous 8man did at all, and he certainly avoided asking for help, up till vol8-9 I feel.

Yui was also great this volume, I regret that we didnt get enough of Yukino, I want more of her and Isshiki, but Yui had some really adorable moments... my choice for best girl is unwavering, but I really dont understand why that means one should be trashing either Yui or Isshii, especially the later, I feel they have tons going for them aswell.

Volume 13 ends it a very kinda depressive way, at least for me, even thought I know full well what is left to read, it still had quite a kick to it.
Also reading the wiki specially about Hayato and then reading this volume, I just dont feel like it is okay to say he felt like that towards Yukino, and that is a problem with this Light Novel, that it decides to be too cryptic and left to interpretation rather than say clearly with the proper words, it is definitly brings some flavour to things but also presents moments one has to go read the fucking wiki to get some stuff clearly explained.

Great volume, pacing was not always at the best but I really enjoyed it, this was indeed "The End", from the PoV of the club, I was deeply invested on Hachiman inner struggles, he doesnt want to let go but realizes it is time, but surely as volume 14 will tell, after an ending there has to be a new beggining! 
I m sure I will enjoy volume 14 and see him growing and learning, past his previously misconceptions and mistakes.
Jan 23, 2023 7:49 AM

Aug 2020
Playcool said:
I did expect Hikki was gonna give her the win, this is very subtle since it was too gradual to immediatly notice over most of the time, but look how he has grown...

It doesnt help that he thinks unlook most people and rather than going directly to the point, for matters of love due to his bashfulness and lack of proper interaction with most people over the recent years, we have come to this.
That is also part of the charm of reading, and the writter is a master in using all but the words you are used to, to describe feelings, reading some of the text, even re-reading, it is far from easy to a lot of times, getting the nuance of what is being said, and this is reading the official translation, I dunno how the fantranslation fairs.

To the point of this volume again, it was great to see him turning the tables on Yukino's mother like that, he realized he was outclassed easily after the last confrontation, so he switched gears really fast, she was not that against it, but just a tool, it was not her personal bias, thus he "smoothly" redirectlyed the tool against the sender, using his own past as a means to lower her guard and making her understand he was not a treat.
And this boy is doing all this for personal satisfaction, because he cares for someone else and wants to do it, now I wont comment on this further since I dont want to leave spoilers, but it was certainly a powerful way to end it, as always the dialogues between Hikki and Yukino are among the most extremely pleasing times one can have reading this series, and honestly the reason I started it years ago, not disappointed either.

Hachiman slow but steady development over the series is a major highlight I feel and as outsiders it is clear to see and heartwarming to see, since this is from his PoV most of the times, we barely see others saying that much about his change, outside the main suspects, but it is definitly refreshing to recall all the times he has gone out of his way to change, small details like thanking people and bowing to them sincerely so, and leaving them surprised, because this was not a think the previous 8man did at all, and he certainly avoided asking for help, up till vol8-9 I feel.

Yui was also great this volume, I regret that we didnt get enough of Yukino, I want more of her and Isshiki, but Yui had some really adorable moments... my choice for best girl is unwavering, but I really dont understand why that means one should be trashing either Yui or Isshii, especially the later, I feel they have tons going for them aswell.

Volume 13 ends it a very kinda depressive way, at least for me, even thought I know full well what is left to read, it still had quite a kick to it.
Also reading the wiki specially about Hayato and then reading this volume, I just dont feel like it is okay to say he felt like that towards Yukino, and that is a problem with this Light Novel, that it decides to be too cryptic and left to interpretation rather than say clearly with the proper words, it is definitly brings some flavour to things but also presents moments one has to go read the fucking wiki to get some stuff clearly explained.

Great volume, pacing was not always at the best but I really enjoyed it, this was indeed "The End", from the PoV of the club, I was deeply invested on Hachiman inner struggles, he doesnt want to let go but realizes it is time, but surely as volume 14 will tell, after an ending there has to be a new beggining! 
I m sure I will enjoy volume 14 and see him growing and learning, past his previously misconceptions and mistakes.

Keep in mind there is a v. 14.5. Glad you enjoy this series like I do OP ^__^

Jan 25, 2023 1:24 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
KitsuFreeze said:
Playcool said:

Wait, but does that cover after vol14? Or are you refering to one of the books that belong to the infame sequel?
Jan 25, 2023 1:28 PM

Aug 2020
Playcool said:
KitsuFreeze said:

Wait, but does that cover after vol14? Or are you refering to one of the books that belong to the infame sequel?
There is a next volume after 14, and it shows Yukinon and 8man's life in the ladder of university studies. It is wholesome, and there is also a peek at Komachi's school life at Sobu.

Jan 29, 2023 3:30 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Definitely plan to check on that after I end vol14, but it will be an hassle to look for it, and I like to read offline too, should be managed thought.
How long is this volume again, versus a normal Oregairu volume?
Feb 3, 2023 9:01 AM

Aug 2020
Playcool said:
Definitely plan to check on that after I end vol14, but it will be an hassle to look for it, and I like to read offline too, should be managed thought.
How long is this volume again, versus a normal Oregairu volume?

It has around 5 chapters . It is short, I finished in 2 days in my usual pacing.

More topics from this board

» How many volumes or chapters have been adapted in the anime?

o_reki - May 2

2 by o_reki »»
May 2, 8:16 PM

» Does anyone think the anime is way better, or am I just crazy?

Eggs_Dee - Feb 20, 2023

10 by Playcool »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Volume 14 Discussion

Playcool - Feb 25, 2023

3 by TitanInsane »»
Jun 27, 2023 2:24 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Chapter 168 Discussion

Revanzz - Jun 26, 2023

1 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Jun 26, 2023 5:25 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Chapter 1 Discussion

ZeroZx - Nov 10, 2012

5 by Revanzz »»
Jun 26, 2023 2:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.