Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Elma looked great in this finale. We got a festival episode of fun with the others too. Tohru kept herself busy at work like usual but it looks like she is very happy to be there.

I'm actually very glad they concluded this season with a fun episode without much drama. It celebrates the anime's fun atmosphere while giving everyone some screentime. Even Ilulu looked like she's having fun. Tohru's little moments with Kobayashi is also very charming especially during the fireworks scenes. The arm wrestling segment in this finale is comedy gold.

Very much enjoyed this season.

Sep 22, 2021 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
Everyone is preparing for the Tanabata festival in a good mood for a fitting finish, donning their yukatas that look lovely, except for some who choose not to wear (and that's OK).

Ilulu has come a long way since the start of Season 2, and is enjoying her time with Take. I'd wish these two kids were dating though...oh the puppy love. And Tohru gets her time with Kobayashi, spending alone time together, catching up on their past, and acknowledging the unrequited love for one another since Season 1.

Also, an afternoon picnic-cum-Sakura flower viewing with the entire character cast to finish things off on a good note. The totally one-sided arm wrestling show between humans and dragons that ends in Tohru's win (with a bit of bribing), how we're gonna miss this fun crew for the 2nd time in 4 years. Happy days are ahead..and with the marriage ceremony (even donning the dress), it's nice seeing both Tohru and Kobayashi almost getting it down, but the latter shuts it down immediately LOLS.

Indeed, this final episode title is fitting: Life is constant change, but it's OK to stop and appreciate it.

Thank you KyoAni for coming back strong!

KANLen09Sep 22, 2021 9:25 AM
Sep 22, 2021 8:36 AM

Apr 2016
While i must say that i did enjoyed this second season to the fullest, it also did not brought anything new to the formula to be honest, they started with Ilulu which was nice, a new character with seemingly interesting back story and i thought they expand more on it but it kinda ended there with just some flashbacks from the fantasy world.

After that we just hopped on the usual cringe Tohru loves main-chan shenanigansand which are long overdue, boring and annoying to be honest and then just the bits of the rest of the gang arcs which also brought nothing world news breaking. Like it was fun, but nothing new really. Just more of the same. I love slice of life, and sol is almost always about doing nothing, but even that nothing needs to have something in it.
Sep 22, 2021 8:38 AM

Feb 2020
A good old festival episode is always a nice way to end the story.

Overall, this season was almost as great as the first one. Ilulu was a very good addition to the show.

KyoAni made a strong comeback and I'm truly proud of them.

I hope we are going to meet our funny and precious dragons once again in the future! I miss them already. <3

SerafosToday, 5:03 AM
Sep 22, 2021 8:38 AM

Jun 2019
Everyone is ready for the festival and they all look so beautiful in Yukatas, not all. This episode was once again really wholesome with all the relevant characters getting the screentime for the last time in this season. Tohru got to spend some time with Kobayashi and we also saw Elma, Take, and Ilulu as well. It's always nice to see all of them having a great time together.

Then, the whole arm-wrestling stuff was hilarious. They never stood a chance in the first place there. LOL. But, overall, I'm so gonna miss this show. I'm gonna the wholesomeness, the beautiful animation, the adorable story, and most importantly the characters that made me love this show even more. Maybe, someday we'll see them again. I really hope so.

Thank you, Kyoto Animation. You guys came back stronger than ever. <3
Sep 22, 2021 8:44 AM
Oct 2020
Swagernator said:
While i must say that i did enjoyed this second season to the fullest, it also did not brought anything new to the formula to be honest, they started with Ilulu which was nice, a new character with seemingly interesting back story and i thought they expand more on it but it kinda ended there with just some flashbacks from the fantasy world.

After that we just hopped on the usual cringe Tohru loves main-chan shenanigansand which are long overdue, boring and annoying to be honest and then just the bits of the rest of the gang arcs which also brought nothing world news breaking. Like it was fun, but nothing new really. Just more of the same. I love slice of life, and sol is almost always about doing nothing, but even that nothing needs to have something in it.
this season deepened the characters and had some answers about the world of dragons and more deepening Tooru with humans and with Elma, the other characters also had that, if that's not a breakthrough, I don't know what you want, there's still a lot more stuff happen, but the show doesn't need to completely change its essence is the slice of life and comedy and it will always be like that, I totally disagree with what you said.
Sep 22, 2021 9:24 AM
Oct 2020
Great Season 2 ๐Ÿ’–, hope to see us soon Tooru and friends ๐Ÿ˜Š.
Sep 22, 2021 9:24 AM

Mar 2021
GeanWolf2000 said:
this season deepened the characters and had some answers about the world of dragons and more deepening Tooru with humans and with Elma, the other characters also had that, if that's not a breakthrough, I don't know what you want, there's still a lot more stuff happen, but the show doesn't need to completely change its essence is the slice of life and comedy and it will always be like that, I totally disagree with what you said.
ya.....this season felt really different from what we usually get from continuation of a normal SOL show.... People are never satisfied๐Ÿคท‍โ™‚๏ธ

๐“œ๐“ช๐”‚๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“พ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ด๐“ท๐“ฎ๐”€ ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฎ ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ท'๐“ฝ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ท๐”‚ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ
Sep 22, 2021 9:27 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Summer festival and pic-nic under the sakura, that was really cute and fun, I love the wedding part at the end, if only it was real xD
This season was better than the 1st one I feel, not only because the animation looking better but the slice of life elements were more interesting, loved it!
Sep 22, 2021 9:27 AM
Oct 2020
Serafos said:
A good old festival episode is always a nice way to end the story.

Overall, this season was pretty much as great as the first one. I don't think I can complain about anything. Ilulu was also a very good addition to the show.

KyoAni made a strong comeback and I'm truly proud of them.

I hope we are going to meet our funny and precious dragons once again in the future! I miss them already. <3

9/10

Great Season 2 ๐Ÿ’–, hope to see us soon Tooru and friends ๐Ÿ˜Š.
Sep 22, 2021 9:29 AM

Feb 2019
What a lovely way to end a powerful comeback for Maid Dragon and Kyoani. Wouldn’t be summer without a firework festival. The girls all looked great in their Yukata. Nice to see Kobayashi finally realise and accept how important Tohru is to her as well.

Character development was great this season. Everyone took strides forward and in this episode you can really see examples of that growth for all the cast. I think we’re set up really well for a season 3. Will miss Maid Dragon for now.

Marinate1016Sep 22, 2021 9:34 AM
Sep 22, 2021 9:30 AM
Jul 2020
KyoAni delivers one final amazing episode of Dragon Maid S
Sep 22, 2021 9:31 AM

Oct 2017
That was a sweet festival with nice character interactions and everyone looked pretty in their yukata. Later half with sakura blossom viewing was beautiful and funny. Kanna almost eating that butterfly reminded me of Kanna from before. Also big ouch for Takiya, that seriously hurt. The arm wrestlings were amusing thou.

The best part of this episode was obviously the wedding ceremony. Tohru really went all out there. Both her and Kobayashi looked beautiful in wedding dress. Thou ofc it ended with Kobayashi running and everyone chasing her.

A really beautiful episode to end this season and this was another amazing season of Maid Dragon. I'm glad KyoAni made a grand comeback with this. Animation/visuals were top notch. Hoping for season 3 announcement soon.
MegamiRemSep 22, 2021 12:44 PM
Sep 22, 2021 9:32 AM
Oct 2020
SAT_KUMAR said:
GeanWolf2000 said:
ya.....this season felt really different from what we usually get from continuation of a normal SOL show.... People are never satisfied๐Ÿคท‍โ™‚๏ธ
yes, that kind of people are very annoying.
Sep 22, 2021 9:33 AM

Apr 2016
GeanWolf2000 said:

Spammers and people with broken english are more annoying.
Sep 22, 2021 9:34 AM
Oct 2020
KANLen09 said:
Everyone is preparing for the Tanabata festival in a good mood for a fitting finish, donning their yukatas that look lovely, except for some who choose not to wear (and that's OK).

Ilulu has come a long way since the start of Season 2, and is enjoying her time with Take. I'd wish these two kids were dating though...oh the puppy love. And Tohru gets her time with Kobayashi, spending alone time together, catching up on their past, and acknowledging the unrequited love for one another since Season 1.

Also, an afternoon picnic-cum-Sakura flower viewing with the entire character cast to finish things off on a good note. The totally one-sided arm wrestling show between humans and dragons that ends in Tohru's win (with a bit of bribing), how we're gonna miss this fun crew for the 2nd time in 4 years. Happy days are ahead..and with the marriage ceremony (even donning the dress), it's nice seeing both Tohru and Kobayashi almost getting it down, but the latter shuts it down immediately LOLS.

Indeed, this final episode title is fitting: Life is constant change, but it's OK to stop and appreciate it.

Thank you KyoAni for coming back strong!

Great season 2 ๐Ÿ’–, I miss you Tooru.
Sep 22, 2021 9:35 AM

Jun 2021
Beautiful final episode.

Probably the best anime of the season. Going to miss this show so much.
Sep 22, 2021 9:37 AM
Oct 2020
Swagernator said:
GeanWolf2000 said:

well, there aren't only english or americans in the world, so someone not knowing much english is pretty common, and with that you still win the annoying lol.
Sep 22, 2021 9:40 AM

Jan 2017
Despite the setbacks KyoAni went through, they delivered Dragon Maid S with such gusto. They didn't have to go so hard for the fighting sequences but they did anyway, and my god the whole sakura picnic scene was lovely

As for my final wishes? MORE IRURU
Sep 22, 2021 9:41 AM

Sep 2011
It was a great last episode <3 I'm sad this anime has come to an end, I hope they will make another season :( Do you think they will make a third season? I will miss the entire cast, especially Kanna D:

Sep 22, 2021 9:41 AM

Dec 2020
That was a wholesome moment in the oborozuka festival they all enjoy their time together.

Poor Lucoa tohru cheated to win haha and that with the marriage was so cute and funny xD. Nice job kyoani.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sใ‚ท

Sep 22, 2021 9:42 AM

May 2020
What a way to end this last episode, we got summer festival and Yukatas, seeing Tohru and Elma in Yukata was the best part of the episode.

And obviously Tohru would do anything to win so she can show her surprise to Kobayashi. Really pleased with this season, hope we will get further continuation.
Softhenic03Dec 4, 2021 2:34 AM

Feb 2019
Even arm wrestling, KyoAni goes all out. what a fun way to finish the final episode of their comeback series.

I'm guessing Kanna forgot to recharge before the pretty flower viewing, hence she being so weak.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.

Nov 2013
Ok but why won’t MAL let me set it as complete, which idiot put the wrong end date in the data!
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Sep 22, 2021 9:44 AM

Apr 2014
The ending was very beautiful and peaceful. Everyone in yukata looks very nice. I really love how Elma enjoys the festival and the flower viewing by eating and eating. The festival for her is, absolutely, delicious food.
Whoaaaa....., the mid-summer sakura scenes were very beautiful, sasuga Kyoani. Ending with Tohru trying to marry Kobayashi? yeah..... Why not? They should get married. ๐Ÿ˜

Third season when??? I hope we will get one soon.
AkeZZZSep 22, 2021 9:47 AM
ไฝ•ใใ‚Œ๏ผŸๆ„ๅ‘ณๅˆ†ใ‹ใ‚“ใชใ„
Sep 22, 2021 9:45 AM

Feb 2019
Eira_99 said:
Ok but why won’t MAL let me set it as complete, which idiot put the wrong end date in the data!
try refresh the page, as it worked perfectly fine for me when i set it to complete.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Sep 22, 2021 9:45 AM

Jan 2018
Stupid wholesome show, making me feel things. See you in three years.

Hearing first season OPs on the final episode of a season always makes me cry. don't know why I'm such a sucker for it.
DimmockSep 22, 2021 10:42 AM
Dimmock is a lot like Veal, an acquired taste.
Sep 22, 2021 9:51 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Damn, what a cute and wholesome last episode. Really nice Season overall.

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Sep 22, 2021 9:57 AM

Jul 2017
Didn't like this season that much, weaker than the first one for me. But good to see KyoAni complete this season though regardless.
Sep 22, 2021 9:57 AM
Mar 2021
I was extremely sad, this season ended up as a lot of anime without sequels and this final screen made me sadder. I wait for a sequel.

good season, 7/10 the life story of Tohru and Elma was a great arc. I prefer the first season.
Sep 22, 2021 9:58 AM

May 2021
This episode was another level of wholesome. Kobayashi's reflection over Tohru's experiences and her own feelings makes such a warm climax to this whole season. To be yourelf in order to really get to be happy within the others, empathy and love in the difference. Delete the masks of what we want to be and just expose our own silliness and beauty.
The silly last bit was an awesome closure, rounding up all the gags and the character arcs, with good timed jokes and an emotional ride of an ending, using the OP.
To say that this season was better than the other feels kinda awkward. The problem of this season is pretty much apparent in the latest episodes where the intent to bring everyone to the table derailed into redundant or forced situations. But KyoAni did a wonderful job at evokating the necessary feelings to enjoy it at the end, and I deeply appreciate it. I will never forget some of these episodes
:)

Sep 22, 2021 10:02 AM

Apr 2020
8/10. I still prefer S1 but not enough to drop the score.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 22, 2021 10:03 AM

May 2021
what a way to end the season

season 3 when

Sep 22, 2021 10:12 AM

Apr 2012
Congratulations KyoAni for maintaining its quality inspite of the tragedy it went through. I'll surely miss watching this show.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 22, 2021 10:13 AM
Oct 2020
animejas said:
Didn't like this season that much, weaker than the first one for me. But good to see KyoAni complete this season though regardless.
season 2 is better!
Sep 22, 2021 10:19 AM
Oct 2020
animejas said:
you keep saying that the first one is better, but the second one deepened the characters and more explanation about Tooru and his world, epic fights and even with the classic slice of life and comedy as always, this is just that annoying thing of what comes first is always superior, which was not the case here. S2 is better.
Sep 22, 2021 10:20 AM
Jul 2013
I WANT A TOORU BRIDE FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 22, 2021 10:22 AM

Apr 2020
thank you kyoani <3
Sep 22, 2021 10:23 AM

Mar 2021
Swagernator said:
GeanWolf2000 said:

then ig you will get pretty annoyed watching japanese people speak english or broken english....

๐“œ๐“ช๐”‚๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“พ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ด๐“ท๐“ฎ๐”€ ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฎ ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ท'๐“ฝ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ท๐”‚ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ
Sep 22, 2021 10:25 AM
Apr 2016
Looks a bit like Aqua Heartia's crystal
Sep 22, 2021 10:27 AM

Apr 2016
SAT_KUMAR said:
then ig you will get pretty annoyed watching japanese people speak english or broken english....

Actually MAL forums are enough for that.
Sep 22, 2021 10:28 AM
May 2021
Loved this episode what a great way to end of a season
Sep 22, 2021 10:31 AM

Mar 2021
Best maid Tohru wins!!!

What an awesome season! Very fitting and beautiful ending! I loved every second.

Seeing Tohru in that wedding dress made me feel things.

6/5

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"If death is the end, why do people exist?
If it all ends in oblivion sooner or later, what's the point of frantically scrambling around to keep ourselves alive?"
~ Michiru Matsushima
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sep 22, 2021 10:36 AM
Oct 2020
Ren_Ritoro said:
I WANT A TOORU BRIDE FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm also expecting some wallpapers of Tooru and Kobayashi for the bride and the full gang ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ˜Š.
Sep 22, 2021 10:43 AM
Oct 2020
Hesmiyu said:
Even arm wrestling, KyoAni goes all out. what a fun way to finish the final episode of their comeback series.

I'm guessing Kanna forgot to recharge before the pretty flower viewing, hence she being so weak.
even so she would lose, there's no way to beat Lucoa precisely, Tooru knows that very well lol.
Sep 22, 2021 10:44 AM

Jan 2018
Ren_Ritoro said:

Only if we get a Kobayashi to go with her.
Dimmock is a lot like Veal, an acquired taste.
Sep 22, 2021 10:51 AM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Man, this show is just fantastic and this episode right here is among the best that we've had the pleasure to be treated with from the wonderful folks over at KyoAni who're back stronger than before!

Starting off with Kobayashi-san's segment of self-doubt over Tohru and then following up with that heart-to-heart conversation across the lake was brilliant! How sweet of Tohru to decorate the path for Kobayashi-san.

Festival time, the characters look great in their yukatas! Tohru opting for the other yukata after Kobayashi-san's "eenie meenie mo" because of her distrust to god was oddly funny. Development on the Take - Ilulu end though, great stuff! Town talk between Lucoa-san and Elma, the scale is a little too big to relate xD. Kobayashi-san certainly put Shouta on the spot there too, lol.

Second half with the special event and the closing moments was great too. Where'd that wedding dress come from lmao? Sakura trees and the group having a blast, that's just the doctor prescribed to end what has been a fairly stressful day for me. Gee, that arm-wrestling battle though! Lucoa-san is too strong but the matchup is only won before the actual match, well done Tohru lol.

Quite the finesse in the animation department from KyoAni for this episode in particular but it's really been outstanding throughout in all fairness.

As a KyoAni fan, this is just a priceless moment really. Objectively, I'd rate the show a solid 8 but I just can't help and settle with a generous 9 here. Can't wait to see more returning and new projects alike by KyoAni!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 22, 2021 10:58 AM
Oct 2020
Great Season 2, please, season 3! ๐Ÿ’–.
Sep 22, 2021 10:59 AM

Aug 2011
This was such a fun final episode! I wish there was less queer baiting but honestly I enjoyed this series a lot. Sad that it's over now
desu desu binches
Sep 22, 2021 11:01 AM

Feb 2018
I enjoyed this season way more than the first one. That was awesome!
Hoping for an eventual third season.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2021

176 by SiMura8723 »»
Mar 29, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2021

147 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2021

151 by MachoGuacho2765 »»
Mar 21, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2021

161 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 17, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2021

106 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Feb 29, 10:19 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.