Forum Settings
Forums

To anyone who don't know what SAO-P is and to those who didn't like the show and wanted a well written version of the show. I'll try to clear any doubts about the show.

Sword Art Online Progressive (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 21, 2022 11:27 PM

Dec 2014
in short, author is trying to milk the money from SAO because people like SAO more compare to other season's.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Dec 29, 2022 11:45 PM
Dec 2022
This was my first first time watching sword art online so should I also watch the alternate version/original too?
Jan 6, 2023 5:06 AM
Dec 2019
Thank alot for your hardwork, appreciated!!
May 30, 2023 7:16 AM
Oct 2018
Anayan_Kashyap said:
1st of All SAO PROGRESSIVE isn't an unimportant movie like MHA movies,Naruto, DB or OP or Bleach movies that you can skip, it's a different show not a side story of main series. SAO PROGRESSIVE is an Important series and not linked with the main series. A beginning of a totally different show.

So every time I ask someone 'will you watch Progressive?' they say "I haven't watched the og series, it's pretty bad people say". Or "I liked till ep 14 and then dropped it so I cannot start progressive". "This movie is the remake version of Aincrad, and I don't want to watch or I will watch"... whatever. Well let me clear one thing. You should know before watching Progressive.

Q1. Can I watch SAO PROGRESSIVE without watching the og series?

Simple answer: Ofc YOU CAN. SAO progressive is a different yet the same story of Kirito and Asuna beating Aincrad. It'll be the best place to Start Both SAO LN and Anime. Although if you watch S1,S2 after watching this movie you might feel little bad as because s1 and S2 were not that great still very good and enjoyable. But I prefer watching at least 14eps of season 1 before starting this anime to gather a little interest and to know what actually SAO PROGRESSIVE is by yourself.

Q2. Is SAO PROGRESSIVE THE REMAKE OF OG SERIES?

SAO PROGRESSIVE is N-O-T the reboot or remake version of Og SAO Aincrad. It is a totally different version which will adapt a different LN series written by the same author about the same story with the same characters.You can think of it as a canon for now.

Q3. Actually what is SAO PROGRESSIVE?

SAO progressive is a LONG and Expanded version of Aincrad which explains every single floor with perfect details. It is the fleshed out version of S1ep(1-14).There will be very much more contents that were not shown in S1, there will be boss fights in each floor and not fast fights but fights takes time.

Q4. How much will the anime cover from the LN? Will it adapt everything in just one single movie?

NO. This movie "Aria on a Starless night" will adapt only the 1st floor (EP 1 AND 2 of S1, main series). The 1st volume of the LN covers 2 floors, 1st floor is titled 'Aria on a Starless night' and 2nd floor is titled 'Rondo for a Fragile Blade' which is a little longer than floor1. And this movie is gonna adapt the FIRST FLOOR ONLY

Q5. Does the characters improve? Do Kirito get some devolopments?

YES.Every important character are fleshed out especially Kirito and Asuna too.The main protagonist is very different from og series and gets some very good character devolopments although you won't find it in this movie much as it's from Asuna's PoV. The side characters gets much importance like Argo, Kizmel, Agil and many more. Also Progressive have a good romance so rejoice KiriSuna shippers.

Q6. Is it only AINCRAD? Or it contains other arcs too?

YES. SAO Progressive explains only the journey of Kirito and Asuna in the deadly world of AINCRAD. As they were trapped inside for almost 2years.There might be sub-arcs like WoU from Alicization but this whole Progressive is only AINCRAD arc imo.

Q7. Is it exactly the same as the main series?

Actually it's pretty complicated to answer. Progressive explains almost everything like the mains series but there are some changes in Progressive which had to be done otherwise there would've been some problems, like in the Main series Kirito met Asuna for the first time at the FIRST FLOOR BOSS RAID, then it was a Timeskip and they met again after almost 1½ years which is a long time. So if Progressive would've followed that, there would be NO ASUNA and NO ROMANCE so it would've changed the genre of the show. So they changed Progressive by Using Asuna from the start, means both stick together more than the og series as explained by the Author himself.

Q8. What about other girls? Will there be no Leafa, Sinon, Alice?

Unfortunately NO, sorry Sinon and Alice fans and me too as a Leafa fan, but there won't be Sinon, Leafa and Alice as because we were never introduced to them till the end of Aincrad. Also Kirito never met Sinon and Alice back then. And Leafa cries in his bed waiting for Kirito to come back. Although there will be introduction of Selica and Liz but that's waayy too far now. There will also be other girl characters like Argo and more but still it is not a harem.

Q9. Who is Mito? Is the anime different from the LN? Will it adapt the LN or manga?

Mito is an Original character in the anime who doesn't exist in the LN or in th manga. She seems like Asuna's very close friend irl. Also seems like She said Asuna to play SAO with her. She is Voiced my Inori Minase-san in Japanese version who is popularly known for playing the role of REM THE DEMON MAID. The anime will adapt the LN as because the LN is the peak of SAO and everything in the LN makes sense, character devolopments, story, romance, everything, but the manga is not that good compared to the LN. The manga have mediocre characters, devolopments and story is not that good, also Kirito's character is totally different in the manga compared to the LN. Although the manga is from ASUNA'S POV the manga isn't good. The anime will adapt the Light Novel but there are changes like Mito, Asuna's PoV etc. The anime should faithfully adapt the LN.

Hope I cleared some doubts about the show to anime-only watchers. LN readers already know about these ig. If any more questions plz ask me, I'll try my best if to answer that.

so mito is an original character, so who's asuna play with before meet kirito?
May 31, 2023 7:48 AM

Oct 2020
@Keriez_ SAO original LN and Progressive Differs for this reason. In the og novels, Asuna appears after approx 1½year.......till that both were in seperate ways ....... But as you can see in the Afterwords of SAOP vol-1,....Asuna never seperates and stick to Kirito.....more or less seperate for a short period of time if they have to, but they form a team from the beginning.....
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
May 31, 2023 7:55 AM
Oct 2018
@Anayan_Kashyap no i know that, what i don't know is when she start the game, the begining of the SAOP, in the anime she play with mito, after kayaba akihiko announcement she leveling up with mito too, but if mito is original character of the anime, so who's asuna play or
leveling up with in LN?? i haven't read the LN yet (SAOP) so i'm really wondering who is it
Jun 19, 2023 11:55 PM

Dec 2019
@Anayan_Kashyap

SoulRainX said:
so to be clear this isnt a movie where its everything from asuna's perspective is it?

I have that same question although you already answered it, I would love a long detailed answer for that!
I loved your answers (and your willingness to help) so far and I read almost everything on these 2 topic pages, but I still don't quite get it. So as you replied to the guy that asked it, it is a perspective movie from Asuna's point of view, but it is not, how come? what do you mean?

Everything is wonderful and perfect, but as soon as Kirito does not kill the boss with two words... nothing makes much sense... Since in the anime, Kirito does kill the boss with two words...
From that part on, is it just an alternative SAO world version?...

I kind of don't remember anything from the anime, although I don't think this is how Kirito and Asuna met in the anime, it is a "forgivable" flaw... Also adding nonsense as her going to his house just to shower and minor stuff like that are kind of understandable additions that may have happened from her point of view at some point in the anime, that wasn't shown in the anime, that this movie showed...
But the end is just too different from the anime... Why? (don't say it is a canonic movie version, cause that word is not in my vocabulary, do you mind explaining that word meaning in this context?)

Also who is the little girl saying that they both are the top players? It looks like she wants both dead or something bad... haha
Click here to see My Tampermonkey Scripts For MAL

If you like my work, please consider supporting it!
https://www.patreon.com/hacker09

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Progressive Movie - Hoshi Naki Yoru no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Oct 29, 2021

255 by Krackle »»
May 15, 1:50 AM

» Can you watch this without watching the original anime?

Strat2005 - Jan 13

11 by Sara_Karma »»
Jan 14, 10:39 PM

» How dare they???

Haroldinho07 - Jun 23, 2023

25 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:27 AM

» Comparison Scene

ClubAnimeYT - Jul 13, 2022

5 by hacker09 »»
Jun 20, 2023 12:07 AM

» Dub??

removed-user - Jul 14, 2022

9 by removed-user »»
Jun 14, 2023 10:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.