Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 9, 2021 8:50 AM

Mar 2020
So, as the title says (and not much more), I was wondering if there was any translation available for this book. Thanks!
Sep 9, 2021 9:03 AM

Apr 2016
There wasn't any few years back, not sure if there is any now, probably still isn't. What there is tho is a CD-Drama version available on youtube, fully narrated by Sakurai Takahiro as Merlin and fully subbed with a beautiful background OST.
Sep 9, 2021 9:18 AM

Jan 2017
Prologue
Chapter 1 (Only First Half)
Chapter 2 (Only an Excerpt)

As far as i know , that's all that has been translated. There is the Drama CD tho.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Sep 9, 2021 9:51 AM

Mar 2020
Swagernator said:
There wasn't any few years back, not sure if there is any now, probably still isn't. What there is tho is a CD-Drama version available on youtube, fully narrated by Sakurai Takahiro as Merlin and fully subbed with a beautiful background OST.

Thanks! I'll check that out then.
Dec 12, 2021 8:31 AM

Jan 2017
@Squilon
https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynight/comments/repky2/garden_of_avalon_novel_complete_translation_in/
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Feb 24, 2022 6:42 AM

Mar 2019
I found this audiobook version, I don't know if it's the full novel though

𝔏𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔫 𝔱𝔬 𝔞𝔫𝔦𝔪𝔢 𝔢𝔡𝔰!
Aug 13, 2022 5:03 AM

May 2018
Here is the first proper translation
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/wncro0/garden_of_avalon_novel_full_human_translation/

Do not read the one posted before as that one is mostly mtl and has ton of errors
Aug 13, 2022 11:35 AM

Mar 2020
Waifwu said:
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/wncro0/garden_of_avalon_novel_full_human_translation/

Do not read the one posted before as that one is mostly mtl and has ton of errors

Thanks! Luckily I haven't read the other one yet, so no harm done.

Since we're at it, would you mind telling me when this is supposed to be read? After the Saber route, or after all 3 routes?
Aug 13, 2022 7:44 PM

May 2018
Squilon said:
Waifwu said:

Since we're at it, would you mind telling me when this is supposed to be read? After the Saber route, or after all 3 routes?

Hmm to be honest if you've read fate route that should be enough, this is basically saber's backstory when she was alive from time she was born until she died. The lostbelt 6 of fate/grand order is heavily inspired by this so you should read this before reading lb6.
Sep 1, 2022 11:54 AM

Mar 2020
Waifwu said:
Squilon said:

Hmm to be honest if you've read fate route that should be enough, this is basically saber's backstory when she was alive from time she was born until she died. The lostbelt 6 of fate/grand order is heavily inspired by this so you should read this before reading lb6.

Great, thanks a lot!
Sep 7, 2022 8:54 AM
Oct 2020
I just wonder about one thing, all 3 routes are supposed to be equally canon, so FSN events are referenced in other works, they always reference things neutrally, without hinting that one route is more canon than the others, but GoA Drama CD has bonus episode which is exactly the same as Fate route ending, but told from Bedievere POV, and Saber's strongly indicate that she's in love with Shirou, and this scene kinda breaks the statement that - ''all routes and heroines are equal".
Sep 7, 2022 9:16 AM

Jan 2017
stahlmam14 said:
this scene kinda breaks the statement that - ''all routes and heroines are equal".

It was already the case for the Last Episode scene in the Realta Nua version of the Visual Novel.
It's quite natural that if only 1 Route had to be chosen to be the Canon one , it would obviously be the Fate Route.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Sep 12, 2022 12:35 PM
Oct 2020
Alexioos95 said:
stahlmam14 said:
this scene kinda breaks the statement that - ''all routes and heroines are equal".

It was already the case for the Last Episode scene in the Realta Nua version of the Visual Novel.
It's quite natural that if only 1 Route had to be chosen to be the Canon one , it would obviously be the Fate Route.

Last Episode is epilogue to Fate Route, not the whole game. But still it kinda breaks whole "all routes are canon thing". In a last Merlin chapter, he specially talks about events of FSN in such manner, that description fits both UBW and Fate routes, so no to break this rule, but this bonus chapter is explicitly says that one route is more canon than the others.
Sep 12, 2022 12:42 PM

Jan 2017
stahlmam14 said:
Last Episode is epilogue to Fate Route, not the whole game.

Well , you can unlock it only after reading all the endings , and it's also the very last scene of the whole Visual Novel...
So yes , it's the Epilogue of the Fate Route , but with how it was done , it can also be considered as the Epilogue of the Novel itself.

I know that "everything is Canon in the Nasuverse" , but for a few reasons , the Fate Route is my true Head-Canon.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.

More topics from this board

» When should I read this in nasuverse

Suiely_c-ute - Oct 1, 2022

11 by Alexioos95 »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:39 AM

» The Merlin of Fate/ is the most wonderful portraryal of Merlin from all time

Elfezen - Aug 26, 2019

9 by stahlmam14 »»
Jul 25, 2022 6:37 AM

» Now with Illustrations

mira-pyon - Oct 28, 2015

7 by JusticeInSwords »»
Jun 2, 2020 12:47 PM

» Drama CD

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2016

4 by Yvonnelim99 »»
Nov 16, 2016 6:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Garden of Avalon Volume 1 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Mar 26, 2015

4 by ssjokg »»
Apr 13, 2015 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.