Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 7, 2021 4:49 AM
May 2021
I dont get it like, Ryuuji and Taiga are together why do some people hate the ending so much?🤨
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 7, 2021 4:59 AM
Dec 2020
hangezoe_ said:
I dont get it like, Ryuuji and Taiga are together why do some people hate the ending so much?🤨
Doesn’t explore what happens after their little mock marriage and runaway to the point it leaves people anxious and annoyed. Its like making a shows season finale a cliffhanger and then never releasing another season
Being human is making mistakes.
Sep 7, 2021 5:01 AM
May 2021
Ikarus101 said:
hangezoe_ said:
Doesn’t explore what happens after their little mock marriage and runaway to the point it leaves people anxious and annoyed. Its like making a shows season finale a cliffhanger and then never releasing another season
Ok, but that's kinda true.
Sep 7, 2021 5:05 AM
Dec 2020
hangezoe_ said:
Ikarus101 said:
Ok, but that's kinda true.
I was a little annoyed myself but you get over it theres bigger cliff hangers like link click and the constant annoyance of commonplace hero’s being delayed more than once either way its like a perfect bday gift because of when it should come out now lol
Sep 7, 2021 5:14 AM
Feb 2021
i guess some people find the ending incomplete
Sep 7, 2021 5:40 AM
Aug 2021
Didn't netflix just announce they are making a season 2? Maybe it'll explore the true ending of the Visual novel where taiga comes back pregnant with triplets.
Sep 7, 2021 5:41 AM
Jun 2013
No idea, I thought the ending was pretty good! Not perfect, but solid! It wasn't a cliffhanger, or anything like it. Now if the last 2 or 3 minutes didn't happen, then I might have been a bit pissed off lol
Sep 7, 2021 6:09 AM
Jan 2021
I personally hate the whole anime (except Ami), so the ending is just one of the things i hate.
Sep 7, 2021 6:27 AM
Oct 2020
FlamCam said:
i guess some people find the ending incomplete
Yes the end is not up to mark
Sep 7, 2021 6:28 AM
Oct 2020
I think ending was not good even though they both meet each other but my expectations were much higher
Sep 7, 2021 6:31 AM

Aug 2018
I think some people might have missed the post credits scene
_______I like rocks__
Sep 7, 2021 6:42 AM
Jun 2021
I think ending could be more better👍
Sep 7, 2021 7:18 AM
Aug 2021
I don't hate the ending I hate the anime
Sep 7, 2021 7:38 AM
May 2020
It doesn’t make any sense, we don’t know what happens after their silly runaway and all the marriage thing. Also Taiga’s development was horrible, she didn’t even learn the lesson and kept being annoying.
Sep 7, 2021 7:40 AM
Feb 2017
Cliffhanger?
As i saw it taiga returned to him and that was a good ending despite the LN telling him she was pregnant....what?u wanna see how they live after graduation or if they got married or not?
Not even the author thought that far so use ur imagination
Sep 7, 2021 7:41 AM
Feb 2017
loverigojo said:
yeah and even god hates you
Sep 7, 2021 8:09 AM
Jul 2021
Mr_Giraffa said:
I personally hate the whole anime (except Ami), so the ending is just one of the things i hate.

Same like none of the jokes landed right for me, and it just felt like it was trying too hard not to be cliche the whole time (with all that weird stuff like that one guy dying his hair for example), but the ending was just very cliche and cheesy imo
Sep 7, 2021 8:12 AM
Jul 2021
TaReq_Dwairi said:
loverigojo said:

I mean it was very mid from the beginning imo no offense, I just really don’t understand why toradora gets so much hype
Sep 7, 2021 9:11 AM
Nov 2020
I never really believed in the ship Ryuji x Taiga, their romance was so forced in it was painful to watch. I mean, we all knew they were end game, but only at the end did they SUDDENLY like each other. I believed and liked their friendship much more then their stupid romance at the end. And the whole runaway and marriage thing was the worst and most unnecessary thing ever and the worst part of the show for me. Now, I don't hate the ending, I'm just very disappointed, annoyed and dissatisfied with it to the max.
Sep 7, 2021 9:28 AM

Jan 2021
taiga's decision felt really out of place and rushed, because such a huge plot twist was forcefully crammed in like the final 5 minutes of the last episode. didn't make a lot of sense to me.
Sep 7, 2021 9:57 AM
Feb 2017
Kelly32723 said:
TaReq_Dwairi said:

I mean it was very mid from the beginning imo no offense, I just really don’t understand why toradora gets so much hype

It was a good combination of comedy and romance and some drama so dont go comparing it to something new or aired after
The pioneers get the cridet while the followers become the cliche....so dont watch an anime in 2020 and call it master piece while 2008 is a cliche....its backward
Sep 7, 2021 10:08 AM
Aug 2021
I don't particularly hate the ending, but I do think it could be better. Somehow the plot twist are cramped into the last 2 (i think?) episodes. And it bothers me that they left no explanation after the meeting at the end. It's still a good series, regardless, it just didn't have the desirable ending that the viewers expected
Sep 7, 2021 10:31 AM
Aug 2021
Kelly32723 said:
TaReq_Dwairi said:

ik like I even watche it twice but I just don't like it, it's nothing wrong whit is but it's not my cup of tea
Sep 7, 2021 10:33 AM
Jul 2021
It was an ok ending but I don’t hate it
Sep 7, 2021 10:51 AM
Jul 2021
TaReq_Dwairi said:
Kelly32723 said:

It was a good combination of comedy and romance and some drama so dont go comparing it to something new or aired after
The pioneers get the cridet while the followers become the cliche....so dont watch an anime in 2020 and call it master piece while 2008 is a cliche....its backward

I mean the ending was just cheesy. The ml is just bland and one-dimensional, and the fl is just annoying and bland. It was just so average, I didn’t get what supposedly made it special. That’s just my opinion though Ig, and a lot of people like it anyway. It just didn’t especially stand out for me. I somewhat enjoyed watching it though, so it still has a 7/10 on my list
Sep 7, 2021 11:09 AM
Oct 2020
Alanime18 said:
I never really believed in the ship Ryuji x Taiga, their romance was so forced in it was painful to watch. I mean, we all knew they were end game, but only at the end did they SUDDENLY like each other. I believed and liked their friendship much more then their stupid romance at the end. And the whole runaway and marriage thing was the worst and most unnecessary thing ever and the worst part of the show for me. Now, I don't hate the ending, I'm just very disappointed, annoyed and dissatisfied with it to the max.

I feel exactly the same. They made much more sense as friends!
Sep 7, 2021 12:05 PM
Jul 2019
Thoroughly anticlimatic and the cheesy drama aspect was turned up to 11. Pretty rushed also, as is the entire final arc of the show.

Sep 7, 2021 1:50 PM

Mar 2021
Ikarus101 said:
hangezoe_ said:

at least link click is getting a second season...
Anime is overrated
Sep 7, 2021 1:56 PM
Dec 2020
abeydaby said:
Ikarus101 said:

abeydaby said:
Ikarus101 said:

why hello there obiwan
Sep 7, 2021 2:16 PM

Nov 2020
People hate the ending?
Sep 7, 2021 2:22 PM

Aug 2021
Ending was okay, two oddballs pair up like the season was leading all along, set up nicely for season two
Sep 7, 2021 7:39 PM
Jul 2021
I don´t really hate it but it was not what I was expecting. I remember being confused when Taiga left but since she came back at the end I just didn't know how to feel.

I still loved it and unexpected endings are sometimes good/weird depending on how much you enjoyed the show.
Sep 7, 2021 9:17 PM
Jan 2021
I think the ending is meh at best.
Sep 7, 2021 9:54 PM
Feb 2021
I didn’t like how it was basically a comedy until the last 6 episodes where it did a 180 and decided to go full drama.
Sep 7, 2021 11:40 PM
Dec 2020
Leaves too much to the imagination.
Sep 8, 2021 12:02 AM
Aug 2021
Alanime18 said:
Couldn't agree more. Loved their friendship dynamic but the romance between them didn't look natural.
Sep 8, 2021 12:52 AM
Mar 2021
Smn1412 said:
Didn't netflix just announce they are making a season 2? Maybe it'll explore the true ending of the Visual novel where taiga comes back pregnant with triplets.
Taiga really had triplets with Ryuuji? Omg I'm happy finally knowing it, thanks!
Sep 8, 2021 3:13 AM
Jan 2019
She straight up abandoned him like it was nothing then pops up in a damn cleaning locker at schoo. Again like it’s nothing. She’s forgiven just like that. Nah brah that’s not okay
Sep 8, 2021 3:17 AM

Nov 2020
I didn't know that some people hate the ending, not that I care anyway

Sep 8, 2021 6:37 PM

Jul 2016
It didn't make sense
Sep 9, 2021 3:42 AM
Jun 2021
it leaves a big cliffhanger.maybe lol idk to me the ending somehow feels “incomplete”
Sep 11, 2021 3:56 AM

Aug 2014
Smn1412 said:

Why would you say this without providing any credible source? Why?
If you're trolling I'll haunt you, and if you're right and S2 ends up being a disappointment I'll haunt you for an eternity.
Sep 11, 2021 3:59 AM

Aug 2014
ArcaneEdge said:
Thoroughly anticlimatic and the cheesy drama aspect was turned up to 11. Pretty rushed also, as is the entire final arc of the show.

Dude, you call this cheesy drama? You might not be wrong but also you can't have watched many anime at all.
There's floods and a fuckton of anime with the same drama premise that does things wrong and are really cheese.
Why are you complaining about a show that actually does things right?
Sep 11, 2021 4:24 AM

Aug 2014
Kelly32723 said:
TaReq_Dwairi said:

I mean the ending was just cheesy. The ml is just bland and one-dimensional, and the fl is just annoying and bland. It was just so average, I didn’t get what supposedly made it special. That’s just my opinion though Ig, and a lot of people like it anyway. It just didn’t especially stand out for me. I somewhat enjoyed watching it though, so it still has a 7/10 on my list

Seems to be a universal trait. Generations of fans have rated this highly for years and years, but newcomers who joined 1-2 years ago (it seems you joined 0 years ago),often "don't get it".

I don't get why you don't get it and I'm sad about it. I got so much out of it this show, more than just enjoyment, I wish there was some way for me to share it with you but everyone's different in the end.
Sep 11, 2021 4:26 AM
Aug 2021
sockerdricka said:
Smn1412 said:

If you're trolling I'll haunt you, and if you're right and S2 ends up being a disappointment I'll haunt you for an eternity.

I just googled it real quick. The headline makes it seem like its coming

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tvseasonspoilers.com/news/toradora-season-2-release-date/amp/
Sep 11, 2021 4:34 AM

Aug 2014
Smn1412 said:
sockerdricka said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tvseasonspoilers.com/news/toradora-season-2-release-date/amp/

Thanks! I'm not sure if that source is credible but I appreciate your effort.

If there ever would be a S2 (which would be weird) I'd feel very conflicted. It was always a highschool drama and S1 ended in their senior year so what would the followup be based on?
I haven't read the LN so I don't know if there's more stuff to base a possible S2 on.

Also S1 was released 13 years ago, many things have changed. It seems more possible than not that any attempt at an S2 would be a letdown, sad as it is.
Sep 11, 2021 4:43 AM
Aug 2021
sockerdricka said:
Smn1412 said:

If there ever would be a S2 (which would be weird) I'd feel very conflicted. It was always a highschool drama and S1 ended in their senior year so what would the followup be based on?
I haven't read the LN so I don't know if there's more stuff to base a possible S2 on.

Also S1 was released 13 years ago, many things have changed. It seems more possible than not that any attempt at an S2 would be a letdown, sad as it is.

If a season 2 were to come out i feel the only plot they could really go with is the VN ending where taiga comes back pregnant with triplets. Season 2 would explore their relationship as they deal with the preparation and starting their lives outside of school. Both of them never finished their career papers so it could explore what they wanna end up doing with their lives. Maybe they both end up going to collage together and it would keep the school drama atmosphere feeling. I could see potential in a new season. They left the show off in a way that so many possibilities could happen. As for the LN it ended pretty much the same way as the series. There really isn't any Source material left to use. But maybe that kinda plot would be better as a movie instead of a full series.
Sep 11, 2021 4:58 AM

Aug 2014
Smn1412 said:
sockerdricka said:

If a season 2 were to come out i feel the only plot they could really go with is the VN ending where taiga comes back pregnant with triplets. Season 2 would explore their relationship as they deal with the preparation and starting their lives outside of school. Both of them never finished their career papers so it could explore what they wanna end up doing with their lives. Maybe they both end up going to collage together and it would keep the school drama atmosphere feeling. I could see potential in a new season. They left the show off in a way that so many possibilities could happen. As for the LN it ended pretty much the same way as the series. There really isn't any Source material left to use. But maybe that kinda plot would be better as a movie instead of a full series.

Exploring the lives of people just after finishing high school.. in an anime perspective that setting seems so unusual to me that all I can think of is Clannad. And then i weep bitter tears, please don't let them end up in tragedy.
Sep 11, 2021 6:20 AM
Jul 2021
sockerdricka said:
Kelly32723 said:

I mean the ending was just cheesy. The ml is just bland and one-dimensional, and the fl is just annoying and bland. It was just so average, I didn’t get what supposedly made it special. That’s just my opinion though Ig, and a lot of people like it anyway. It just didn’t do especially stand out for me. I somewhat enjoyed watching it though, so it still has a 7/10 on my list

Seems to be a universal trait. Generations of fans have rated this highly for years and years, but newcomers who joined 1-2 years ago (it seems you joined 0 years ago),often "don't get it".

I don't get why you don't get it and I'm sad about it. I got so much out of it this show, more than just enjoyment, I wish there was some way for me to share it with you but everyone's different in the end.

Oh don’t trust my dates for when I watched my anime on here lol. I just don’t remember the dates I started and finished them, so I just haven’t bothered changing it. I watched Toradora sometime last year, but the comedy and romance just felt forced. The romance parts were pretty nice to watch though, although she was my least favorite out of Ryuuji’s potential girlfriends. The characters were all just bland imo. The only characters who had more of a personality were maybe Minori and Ami if I’m not forgetting anyone Idk
Kelly32723Sep 11, 2021 6:23 AM
Sep 13, 2021 8:11 AM
Aug 2019
Because I do not understand the reason why she leaves Ryuji and go live with her Mother. It does not make too much sense for me.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1110 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 2, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Mar 11, 2009

423 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 2, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ironchefflip - Mar 8, 2009

193 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 2, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Jan 21, 2009

421 by doge_monke »»
Jun 1, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 4, 2009

299 by Luandfghj »»
Jun 1, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.